Subject: R-71A
From: "David L. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1993 16:36:33 EST
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave

I have heard that a new company named Willco is going to sell no fail
 memory for the Icom radios.

 Two models, one with 64 channels for around $70 and a 1000
 memory channels for around $149 will replace the small battery
 backup unit.  The Willco board will use standard AA batteries.
 When the batteries die in the Willco unit, the radio won't fail
 and need servicing as is now the case.  (However, the memories
 would need to be re-programmed.)

 Using the lock button and memory switch, one steps through the
 banks of 32 channels each.  One channel in each bank can be used
 to store the channel number for display to identify the bank number
 according to the maker.

 Willco's address is P.O. box 788 NewLenox Il. 60451

 If someone orders one, let me know what you think of it.  I am not sure
 which radios other than the R-71A in which it will work.

--
David L. Wilson             [email-masked]
Department of Mathematics   Phone: H (703)898-1084  W (703)899-4744
Mary Washington College     Amateur callsign:  AC4IU (ex-KD4ASW/KO4EQ)
Fredericksburg, VA  22401   Lat./Long.:  38 15 40 N/ 77 32 51 W