Subject: FT990 and 1000 extended xmit mod file
From: [email-masked] (robert.f.casey)
Date: 4 Apr 92 14:53:18 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc

copied from packet:
 Msg# TSF  Size #Rd  Date  Time From   MsgID        To
 7086 BF   1241   0 28-Mar 1106 F6HKA  80214_FC1MAC MODS@WW ()
 Sb: Modification FT990-1000

I received a mail from AA6SQ about Extended transmitter frequency range
for FT990 and FT1000
-Remove top and bottom covers. Remove top screw on each side which holds
front panel to chassis. Pivot front panel down slowly. CAUTION : if you
let it go, it will flop down rapidly and probably tear somethins loose. 
Behind the meter will be the CNTL unit. It has a metal cover about 4 * 8
inches. Snap the cover off. Look to the top of the unit. You will see
JP-3. Remove the solder connection on JP-3.
Best 73 and good traffic on HF bands . Bert fF6HKA
=========================================================================
Note: I haven't tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk.  And
do not transmit outside of legal bands!  WA2ISE