From: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

YAESU FT-727R

Modification for extended coverage. (This will work for both the old
and new CPU versions)

    -Remove the battery pack
    -locate the RAM backup switch according to your manual ( this
     will be the switch FARTHEST away from the battery terminals)
    -Turn the switch off, count to 4, then turn it back on
    -Relace the battery pack
    -Turn the rig on. The readout should be entirely blank. If it
     is not, you probably did not wait long enough before turning
     the    switch back ON, so repeat the above procedure.
    -Type in the following:  " 001111 "
    -The rig should now come to life.  You will have to reprogram
     all  the  memories as well as the repeater splits  for  both
     bands.  The display will now cover 100-199,  400-499MHz, but
     it  obviously won't work over this range.  Mine covers  139-
     160,  420-460.  The reset code will be " 007777" ( I haven't
     tried it)

Good Luck.   Tim Pacan VE3OOZ
[source: rec.ham-radio]