Subject: FT990 mod file
From: [email-masked] (robert.f.casey)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1993 00:55:52 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.radio.info

copied from packet:
C Msg# TSF  Size #Rd  Date  Time From   MsgID        To
32971 BF   1872   0 13-Jan 1143 F1LOU  30528_ON7RC  YAESU@WW ()
 Sb: FT990 MODS

YAESU FT990 - 1.5 to 30 MHZ TX mod:
-----------------------------------

-Open FT990 like explained in your OPERATING MANUAL.

-Localise JP5002 on "CONTROL UNIT" and close it with solder.

-If no transmit between 4 to 6.5 MHZ and 8 to 10 MHZ, do the following:

 1) Display 5.5 MHZ in CW mode, "meter selector" to ALC, push "MOX" button
    and adjust VR1003 on "RF UNIT" for normal ALC meter deflection.

 2) Display 9 MHZ and do the same with VR1005.

 73's de Phil F1LOU @ ON7RC.BT.BEL.EU
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I havent tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk, and
do not transmit outside of legal bands!  WA2ISE