From: VK3CDE@VK3YZW

Hi All,
   I have finally got the remote control working on the IC735. The
interface is home-made and uses just 2 transistors, 1 diode, 5 resistors,
DB25 and a DB15(to get 5v from games port). The software is a major re-hash
of VK7TM's FT757 effort in ARA. All functions are driven from the XT
keyboard and the software allows scanning of a LARGE number of frequencies
on the same or on different bands.

   The trials and tribulations of all this effort were NOT assisted in any
way by the manufacturer's local office in Melbourne.  A call for
information was not very successful.  (try it and see!)

   If you are contemplating the idea of turning your IC735 into a multi-
channel HF scanner, I may be contacted @ VK3YZW BBS..

   The software is suitable for use with XT/AT Clone...

   Available control functions:
   Send a new frequency to the radio from the keyboard.
   Send a new Mode to the radio.
   Select VFO  A  or  VFO  B.
   Select a different memory channel
   Enable the selected memory channel
   Write current Freq/Mode to selected memory channel.
   Write current  Freq/Mode to last used VFO.
   Read/Edit/Use a frequency file from Disk.
   SCAN frequencies in a frequency file.

   The frequency files contain frequency/mode/description of station all of
which is displayed on the screen when the file is active.

73, Bob  VK3CDE