Subject: R5000
From: [email-masked] (robert.f.casey)
Date: 10 Dec 91 04:40:14 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc

copied from packet:
 Msg# TSF  Size #Rd  Date  Time From   MsgID        To
 8739 BF    946   0 07-Dec 0504 KD2EJ  28376_WB2QJA INFO@ALLBBS ()
 Sb: R-5000 IMPROVE VOLTAGE SURGE

SB-919

R-5000 No Freq. Change thru Computer Interface                 7-21-87

R-5000 receivers below serial number 804xxxx may not change frequency when
operated with a personal computer/interface.  To allow correct operation,
rplace IC-52 on the Control Unit.  The correct part number for IC-52 is
MBM27C128-25JA2.

CAUTION:

The R-5000 incorporates CMOS technology.  Observe precautions for handling
electrostatic sensitive devices.

This modification may be performed under warranty.
Time required for this change is 1/2 hour or less.

(c) 121589TKC
============================================================================
Note: I haven't tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk.  WA2ISE