Subject: TM221a, no TX in high power mode fix
From: [email-masked] (robert.f.casey)
Date: 10 Dec 91 04:55:31 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc

copied from packet:
 Msg# TSF  Size #Rd  Date  Time From   MsgID        To
 8736 BF   1141   0 07-Dec 0512 KD2EJ  28379_WB2QJA INFO@ALLBBS ()
 Sb: TM-221 NO HIGH PWR TXMT.

SB-933

TM-221A No TX in High Power Due to Voltage Drop  4-11-88

Some TM-221A transceivers may intermittently not transmit in
the high power mode.   This condition may be the result of a
voltage drop at the fuse terminals on the power cord.  To 
prevent a voltage drop, solder the terminals by following 
the procedure below.

1Disconnect the antenna and power supply.

2Open and remove the plastic fuse holder.

3Remove the fuse from the terminals.

4Flow solder between the terminals and the exposed
strands of the cable.

5Allow the terminals to cool and then reinstall the
fuse and close the holder.

This modification may be covered under warranty.
Time required for this modification is 0.24 hrs or less.
(c) 42788TKC
===============================================================
Note: I haven't tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk. WA2ISE