Subject: TM421a TX mod file
From: [email-masked] (robert.f.casey)
Date: 19 Oct 91 03:23:18 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.misc

copied from packet:
 Msg# TSF  Size #Rd  Date  Time From   MsgID        To
63056 BF   1307   1 14-Oct 1645 N2FWQ  49200_N2IMC  MODS@ALLBBS ()
 Sb: knwood tm421a mods

This mod is only intended for experimental applications only! Know what 
freq you are on and don't use this mod if you are not for sure.
The TM-421a is capable of transmitting from 136 to 174 MHz when the following
modification is performed. The transmitter specifications will vary from
published in-band specifications.

1. Remove the top and bottom covers from the transciever.
2. Remove the knobs from the front panel.
3. Remove the nut from the mic jack and the nut from the channel selector
   switch.
4. Remove the 4 screws that secure the front panel to the body of the
   transceiver
5. Pull the front panel off the transceiver to expose the Control board.
6. Remove the 3 screws from the Control board. Gently pull the board off
   the transceiver.
7. Cut the GREEN jumper wire on the Control board.
8. Install an MA141A chip diode or 1N914 diode as D209 on the Control
   Board.
9. Reassemble the transceiver by reversing steps 1 - 6.
10. Reset the microprocessor by holding in the MR key as power is turned
    on.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't tried or verified this, proceed at your own risk.  WA2ISE
And do not transmit outside of legal bands!