Subject: Performance issues - testing

From: "paul priestman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:59:45 +0000

Hello all,

I am having worries about the performance of using mod_ssl.  Can anyone 
suggest any good testing package that will give me hits per second when 
running on a https server and hits per second when running on a normal http 
server so i can compare the performance. I am using apache 1.3.22 with mod 
ssl.

Thanks for your time

Paul

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:56:17 -0600

use 
ab - Apache HTTP server benchmarking tool

I believe it comes with apache.....
man ab
for more info

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:30:07 -0400 (EDT)

> server so i can compare the performance. I am using apache 1.3.22 with mod

ApacheBench (ab), which comes with Apache, supports SSL.  Or at least the
one that comes with Apache 2.0 does... I don't know about the 1.3 version.

--Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Charlottesville, VA