Subject: Re: Expired and Revoked Certificates

From: "Mary Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 09:15:29 -0500

Thank you for your input!

>>> [email-masked] 06/20/02 06:22PM >>>
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 10:04:40AM -0500, Mary Peterson wrote:
> I have two issues that I wondered if anyone could assist me with:
> 
> When I test a revoked client certificate against the CRL I get a
> Security Alert Message that says 'The security certificate for this
site
> has been revoked.  This site should not be trusted.'

It's a bug with Internet Explorer. I noticed it too.

If you used Mozilla - you'd see it report "your certificate has
expired" -
i.e. a correct response.

> Also, when I test an expired client certificate it brings back a
'Page
> Cannot be Displayed' error message.  Does anyone know how I can get
it
> to return a 'Your certificate has expired' error message in place of
the
> 'Page Cannot be Displayed' message?

Pretty hard. As your cert has expired, then there is no channel over
which
to send you that HTML :-) Nope, I'm afraid nothing but the client can
give
that information.

-- 
Cheers

Jason Haar
Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417
PGP Fingerprint: 7A2E 0407 C9A6 CAF6 2B9F 8422 C063 5EBB FE1D 66D1
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org

User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]

Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]