Subject: https in Apache1.3

From: "Nay Mooly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 17:47:03 +0900

Hello

I installed  Apache1.3.20 and mod_ssl-2.8.4-1.3.20 and openssl-0.9.6c.
I try http://IP address ,and success.
But I try https://IP address ,I get error message (cannot indicate).
I use

#cd openssl-0.9.6c
#./config -fPIC
#make

#cd mod_ssl-2.8.4-1.3.20
#./configure --with-apache=../apache1.3.20 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6c \
--enable-shared=ssl

#cd apache_1.3.20
#make
#make certificate TYPE=custom

----input data---------

#make install
#/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
#/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl

-----enter pass phrase-----------

     (httpd started)

Then http:// is OK ,but retry https://  failed.

I will thank you very much,if you give me some solutions.

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Pako <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 18:23:26 +0200

Nay Mooly wrote:

> Join the world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
> http://www.hotmail.com

Hello Mooly did you have an open port at 443, if yes it ok if not, probably
the httpd.conf file of your apache web server is not correct try to set it
to port 443
#netstat -an |more
will tell you wich ports are open in your computer.
The config may look like this
<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 80
Listen 443
</IfDefine>
Probably this don't help you but, once you had installed and runned your
apache, the problem may probably be in your configuration, not in your
instalation, take a look at the logs
        Pako.