Subject: Problem loading mod_ssl.so in Apache 1.3.24

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:59:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

For some reason Apache refuses to load the mod_ssl module. It always
complains it can't find the module although the required file is in the
specifiedpath. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone know a solution?

I'm running Apache 1.3.24 on Windows NT service pack 5.

Thanks in advance,
Stef

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:11:54 -0400

> complains it can't find the module although the required file is in
> the specifiedpath. Has anyone encountered this problem? Does anyone
> know a solution?
make sure that ssleay and libeay are both in the path.
> I'm running Apache 1.3.24 on Windows NT service pack 5.

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:32:01 -0400 (EDT)

> make sure that ssleay and libeay are both in the path.

Um, or libssl and libcrypto from openssl (in the library path, that is).
ssleay's getting to be pretty old these days.  :)

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 12:46:31 -0400

> Um, or libssl and libcrypto from openssl (in the library path, that
> is). ssleay's getting to be pretty old these days.  :)
poster specified a win32 environment, ssleay32.dll is one of the two openssl libs on win32.
Aryeh

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

> poster specified a win32 environment, ssleay32.dll is one of the two

Ah missed that.  Sorry.  :)