Subject: possible mod_ssl bug, please confirm

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:56:17 -0500

Tested with the nt 1.3.23 server, 2.8.7 mod_ssl from the contrib directory(mar 
8 2002), as I just needed a quick ssl server, so I can't tell you the build 
params.

If the wrong password is entered from the command line on startup, the 
server will soon fail with the following error messages:

Ok: Pass Phrase Dialog successful.
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: (----) Unable to configure 
verify locations for client authentication (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D084069:asn1 encoding 
routines:d2i_ASN1_SET:bad tag
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09D082:asn1 
encoding routines:d2i_RSAPrivateKey:parsing
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09B00D:asn1 
encoding routines:d2i_PrivateKey:ASN1 lib
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0906D06C:PEM 
routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line [Hint: Bad file contents or format - or 
even just a forgotten SSLCertificateKeyFile?]
[Mon Mar 25 14:44:40 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0B084009:x509 
certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:missing asn1 eos
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  29...

When the password is entered correctly the first time, the server starts up 
fine, and it is possible to make ssl connections to the server.

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com		

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]