Subject: Re: mod_ssl compile problems

From: Trevor Morrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:21:45 -0600

Hi Dave,

I already had the devel RPM installed but I went ahead and forced the 
reinstallation of both the openssl- and openssl-devel- packages.  I am 
still getting the same error.  Any other suggestions.

TIA

Trevor

Dave Paris wrote:

>you need the *-devel RPM as well.
>-dsp
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Trevor Morrison [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 10:16 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: mod_ssl compile problems
>
>
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to compile in mod_ssl 2.8.15 into the apache1.3.28 source
>and using openssl-1.9.7a-2 installed from an RH RPM and I am getting the
>following error:
>
>ranlib libstandard.a
><=== src/modules/standard
>===> src/modules/ssl
>gcc -c -I../.. -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE
>-I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208115 -DMOD_PERL
>-DUSE_PERL_SSI -D_REENTRANT  -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -DDEBUGGING
>-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
>-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -DUSE_HSREGEX
>-DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../../apaci` -DSSL_USE_SDBM
>-DSSL_ENGINE -DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.15\" mod_ssl.c
>In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
>                 from mod_ssl.h:116,
>                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
>In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
>                 from mod_ssl.h:116,
>                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:132: parse error before "krb5_enctype"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: parse error before "FAR"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:135: parse error before '}' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:147: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setstring"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:147: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:148: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:149: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:149: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:150: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:151: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setprinc"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:151: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:153: parse error before "kssl_cget_tkt"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:153: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:155: parse error before "kssl_sget_tkt"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:155: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:157: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setkey"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:157: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:159: parse error before "context"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: parse error before "kssl_build_principal_2"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: parse error before "context"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: parse error before "kssl_validate_times"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: parse error before "atime"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:165: parse error before "kssl_check_authent"
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:165: parse error before '*' token
>/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:167: parse error before "enctype"
>In file included from mod_ssl.h:116,
>                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
>/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:909: parse error before "KSSL_CTX"
>/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:931: parse error before '}' token
>make[4]: *** [mod_ssl.o] Error 1
>make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
>make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/apache_1.3.28/src'
>make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/apache_1.3.28'
>make: *** [build] Error 2
>
>I am on a RH 9 box with a 2.4.20 compiled static kernle.
>
>TIA
>
>Trevor
>
>
>
>  
>

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]