Subject: RE: POST with mod_ssl intermittently fails with a 405

From: Moeller Wolf-Dietrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:49:11 +0100

This error might be related to bug
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12355
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12355> ,
as your error message
> > >	[Tue Dec 17 15:48:08 2002] [error] SSL Re-negotiation
> > >in conjunction with POST method not supported!
> > >	hint: try SSLOptions +OptRenegotiate
suggests.

My interpretation (not sure).
On an existing SSL connection (established with a GET request), subsequent
POSTs are possible.
But after timeout of this connection, if the first request for the new
establishment of connection is POST, it sometimes (or always?) fails.
Therefor the intermittend error only.

You can produce this error always, if you do "Verify client" for single
directories only, not for the whole server.

By the way: The hint with +OptRenegotiate does not help for the above bug.

Hope it helps.
Wolf

----------------------------------------
Dr. Wolf-Dietrich Moeller
Siemens AG, CT IC 3, D-81730 München
Corporate Technology Department Security
Mch P, Tel. +49 89 636-53391, Fax -48000
mailto:HYPERLINK
"mailto:[email-masked]"[email-masked]
<mailto:HYPERLINK > 
Intranet https://security.ct.siemens.de/ <https://security.ct.siemens.de/> 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Jan-Piet Mens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:14:01 +0100 (CET)

Thank you, Wolf-Dietrich! You are right. The bug documents my problem
exactly. I'm disappointed that there seems to be no solution...

Regards,
	-JP

---

From: "Dawn Sun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:10:22 -0500

I am new to Apache. I have a window 2000 and want to install apache with
SSL. I found the
http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache/Apache_2.0.43-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip from
Hunter's site (thanks to Hunter). I've configured the httpd.conf and
ssl.conf. I got the security cert as well.

After I started the apache(bin\apache -k start), the server started fine
without error(no error in error log), but the HTTPS failed when I tried to
retrieve pages from HTTPS. I think something maybe wrong in my ssl.conf.

Can someone give suggestions or provide a sample ssl.conf?

Thanks a lot,

Dawn Sun