Subject: Patch for Mac OS X

From: David Wheeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:44:47 -0800

This patch allows mod_ssl to compile on Mac OS X without first 
installing OpenSSL. This is because OpenSSL is already installed on Mac 
OS X, but mod_ssl doesn't know how to find its libraries.

--- libssl.module~      Fri Oct  4 06:09:50 2002
+++ libssl.module       Sat Nov 30 15:17:23 2002
@@ -411,7 +411,7 @@
      if [ ".$SSL_BASE" = .SYSTEM ]; then
          SSL_LIBDIR=""
          for p in . /lib /usr/lib /usr/local/lib; do
-            if [ -f "$p/libssl.a" -o -f "$p/libssl.so" ]; then
+            if [ -f "$p/libssl.a" -o -f "$p/libssl.so" -o -f 
"$p/libssl.dylib" ]; then
                  SSL_LIBDIR="$p"
                  my_real_ssl_libdir="$p"
                  break

Please let me know ASAP if this is the correct solution, as I'm writing 
an article for MacDevCenter.com (an ORA site) with instructions on how 
to build Apache/mod_ssl. I would think that it might make sense to 
include a section in which you determine the proper dso extension on 
the basis of OS, but this seems to work, too...

Thanks,

David

-- 
David Wheeler                                     AIM: dwTheory
[email-masked]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]