Subject: Client-certificates are sporadically dying

From: "Daniel Chabrol" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 10:53:39 +0100

Hello modssl-users!

My suspicion is that IE5.5 has liability for this problem. But maybe someone
has made similar experiences and can give a hint:
I noticed a strange behaviour (mod_ssl/2.8.5, OpenSSL/0.9.3a, Internet
Explorer 5.5 SP2). You install a client-certificate and everything works
fine. After a while the certificate sporadic (some days - some weeks)
"dies", and you can't connect to the secured site. The modssl-log just
reports an ssl-handshake-failure if you try to connect with a "broken" cert.
If you delete the cert and import (the same, old, original p12 file) it a
second time, it works again. So I suppose the certificate itself has nothing
to do with this strange effect.

Best regards,
D.C.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]