Subject: Compile Errors with mod_ssl as DSO module

From: "Craig Marchant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:38:28 +1100

Hi,

I'm currently trying to upgrade mod_ssl to 2.8.7 using the DSO
installation method.

I can run the ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
and everything gets configured correctly, however when I try to run
make I get the following errors:

[root@web1 mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23]# make
make[1]: Entering directory
`/var/tmp/src/mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23/pkg.sslmod'
gcc -c  -I/usr/local/apache/include -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208106
-DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.7\" mod_ssl.c && mv mod_ssl.o mod_ssl.lo
In file included from mod_ssl.c:65:
mod_ssl.h:349:18: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [mod_ssl.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/src/mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23/pkg.sslmod'
make: [all] Error 2 (ignored)

I'm currently using Redhat 7.2.

If anyone can shed further light on this subjet, it would be most
appreciated.

Regards,

Craig Marchant
Systems Administrator
Ace Internet Services Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 2 48618888
Fax: +61 2 48622985
E-mail: [email-masked] 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]