Subject: openssl-0.9.6e failing to bld on Windows

From: Noah White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:09:42 -0400

Has anyone else seen this error. I'm building with VC++ 7 on Win2k SP2.

        link /nologo /subsystem:console /machine:I386 /opt:ref /dll
/out:out32dll\ssleay32.dll /def:ms/SSLEAY32.def
@C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\nm2F.tmp
ms/SSLEAY32.def(7) : warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported
for the target platform; ignored
   Creating library out32dll\ssleay32.lib and object out32dll\ssleay32.exp
s3_clnt.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _ssl3_client_hello
ssl_sess.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _SSL_get1_session
ssl_asn1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _d2i_SSL_SESSION
s2_srvr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _get_client_hello
s2_clnt.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _client_hello
s2_lib.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
s3_srvr.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _OpenSSLDie
referenced in function _ssl3_send_hello_request
out32dll\ssleay32.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]