Subject: Whats this when running httpd -l?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:52:16 -0400

Hi,

I have installed mod_ssl/2.8.7 for Apache/1.3.23 on Solaris 8
and did the install the "The All-In-One mod_ssl way" this was my 
configure state in mod_ssl dir:
# ./configure --with-apache=/opt/apache --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --
prefix=/opt/apache --enable-module=most --enable-module=so --enable-
module=ssl --enable-shared=max

Everthing seemed to install fine I created my custom keys and was 
able to run apachectl startssl and entered in my Pass phrase and the 
httpd -DSSL started fine. Was also able to go to default web page...

Time for question:
I have a habit of running httpd -l, for some reason when I run it on 
this system I get this message:

# ./httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /opt/apache/bin/suexec
#

Whats "suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /opt/apache/bin/suexec" ?

I did add an extra --enable-module to the configure statement:
 --enable-module=ssl 

Is that a problem to have to many/conflicting "--enable-module=" in a 
configure statement? 

Thanks for your time,
Rob

--
Pop3Now Personal, Get quick remote access to your email accounts!
Sign Up Now!  Visit http://www.pop3now.com/personal

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:21:37 -0400 (EDT)

> suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /opt/apache/bin/suexec

No, it just means you probably left out the --enable-suexec or one of the
--with-suexec-foo arguments to ./configure.

--Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Charlottesville, VA