Subject: RE: Proxy http with modssl?

From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:10:13 +0100

If you wish to terminate the https on the "new" machine and communicate to
the old computer using http, then mod_proxy is what works for us. We use it
extensively.

-Torvald

-----Original Message-----
From: danalien [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 6. mars 2003 14:30
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Proxy http with modssl?

On Thursday 06 March 2003 06:56, Marko Asplund wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Chris Davis wrote:
> >  I'm looking for a method to hide an old web server behindt 
> >  a modssl server. The hidden server has several applications
> >  served over http. What I'd like is for https requests
> >  to be rewritten in modssl and proxied to the hidden
> >  internal system.
> >  ...
>
> there are probably several possible implementations for the reverse proxy
> configuration you're describing but one possibility is to use mod_accel
> (http://sysoev.ru/mod_accel/) for this purpose.
>

or you could run stunnel (on that old machine, and close every other port
except the one stunnel uses, or use
port-forwarding on the "remote-pc" that uses stunnel to communicate with
ssl-based software...). 

"Stunnel is a program that allows you to encrypt arbitrary TCP connections 
inside SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) available on both Unix and Windows. 
Stunnel can allow you to secure non-SSL aware daemons and protocols 
(like POP, IMAP, LDAP, etc) by having Stunnel provide the encryption, 
requiring no changes to the daemon's code." -- www.stunnel.org 

- -- 

//   with regards
//   ID ::  danalien  ::  <[email-masked]>

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]