Subject: Netscape gave error on SSL

From: "Bab S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:54:22 +0000

Hi mod_ssl users,

After starting SSL "htps://servername.com",I tried on IE and netscape.

With IE it works fine but with Netscape Browser version 6 it gives me  an 
error  :

"Netscape and this server cannot communicate securly because they have no 
common Encryption Algorthims."

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 09:47:57 +0100

> common Encryption Algorthims."

I've never seen this error but it seems fairly self-explanatory. The
browser and server have to decide on a common scheme to use for
encryption. In the case of NS6, it doesn't have a scheme in common with
the server so they can't communicate. 

On the server side, the schemes allowed are defined by the
SSLCipherSuite directive. Check your entry to see if it is unusually
restrictive (e.g. only one scheme defined). For comparison, my entry
looks like this:

SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.