Subject: No CRL = Frontpage failure

From: "Frank Reichenbacher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:13:25 -0700

Apache 1.3.23, mod_ssl 2.8.7, fp extensions 5.0

I have several virtual servers on port 80 and one secure server on port 443.
Frontpage will open and allow editing of the port 80 severs, but not the
secure server.

Since I'm just in development mode right now I haven't purchased a real
certificate, nor do I want to until I've got the shopping cart ready to run.
It's a matter of expense. I set up a fake TYPE=custom certificate, but when
I try to open the server using Frontpage on my Windows machine it says it
doesn't trust the certiciate, I should install it and try again. I tried to
install using IE on the same machine and it won't because it can't verify
the CRL.

Is there a way around this so I don't have to purchase a certificate for
just developing the site? (I'm not going back to notepad for site
development)

Frank

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]