Subject: Erro Code: -8182

From: Ronald Petty <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 Jun 2003 15:40:07 -0500

I get the follow error in my browser 

"Could not establish an encrypted connection because certificate
presented by test.example.dom is invalid or corrupted.  Error Code: 
-8182"

when I go to my server via https.  I looked in the archive and found
black magic like

	"restart your browser"

I tried this spell, and alas, to no avail.  

This happened to me before and it worked by restarting the browser. 
Needless to say I don't like the idea of people having to do that.  And
better when I click on the ok button (even though it is really not ok) I
get this in my logs

<hit my site via https and get the first error, this shows in the log>

[02/Jun/2003 15:25:47 01074] [info]  Connection to child 5 established
(server test.example.dom:443, client x.x.x.x)
[02/Jun/2003 15:25:47 01074] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of
entropy

<BAM hit OK, then this shows up>

[02/Jun/2003 15:29:12 01074] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
test.example.dom:443, client x.x.x.x) (OpenSSL library error follows)
[02/Jun/2003 15:29:12 01074] [error] OpenSSL: error:14094412:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate [Hint:
Subject CN in certificate not server name or identical to CA!?]

I have changed the client and the server name for my own security (don't
know if it matters).  I heard that "CN in certificate not server name or
identical to CA!?" means dns is messed up, however DNS is working fine
for me (far as I can tell).  I can pop/ssh/http to the test.example.dom
just fine.  (No its not set in my /etc/host)

Any idea at what I am doing wrong?  I have never done this before so
please forgive my newby ways.

Thanks
Ron

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]