Subject: RE: Https problems with MSIE

From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:24:33 +0200

You can find a tip regarding the MSIE issue at
<http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49>.

--I have already done this, to get MSIE 5.0 browsers to work.

I also discovered that the newest MSIE has more trouble with mod_ssl
than other browsers.
We saw that a MS Proxy Server (or MS ISA Server) with enabled
authentification using NTLM increase the issue.

We use the another way to resolve the MSIE keepalive issue. We have set
up a KeepaliveTimeout of 120 seconds.
The apache server may need more memory resources because there are more
open apache processes to cope with the longer timeout.

--Hmmm... but the FAQ mentioned the "nokeepalive" option, wouldnt that
cancel the KeepAliveTimeout??

-Torvald
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Sven Geisler <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 11:14:25 +0200

> cancel the KeepAliveTimeout??

Yup. But did you aktivate "nokeepalive" for MSIE as discribed in the
FAQ?
We activate the Keepalive feature for all MSIE against the FAQ to
provide a more performanter connection.

Sven.

-- 
Sven Geisler <[email-masked]>
AEC/communications GmbH