Subject: Apache 2.0.39 and OpenSSL 0.9.6g.

From: "Xiao, Wei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:00:06 -0400

I installed apache with SSL. After generating the self-signed key. I can't
start apache. Following is the error message in error_log.

[Thu Oct 03 12:53:41 2002] [warn] Init: PRNG still contains not sufficient
entropy!
[Thu Oct 03 12:53:41 2002] [error] Init: Failed to generate temporary 512
bit RSA private key
Configuration Failed

Does that mean that the random files that I picked were not big or unique
enough? What will be the proper file on AIX?

Thank you very much.

Wei

Wei Xiao
Safelite Glass Corp
IS - Web Development
[email-masked]
614.798.2361

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 23:24:42 +0200

> enough? What will be the proper file on AIX?
See http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#entropy and
http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.cgi#USER1

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]