Subject: Newbies : Apache - mod-ssl error

From: Andy Soedibjo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:38:58 +0200

Hi,

I tried to install Apache1.3.26 - mod-ssl2.8.9-1.3.26 - OpenSSL0.9.6d in 
windows2000.
I think i've succeeded to install everything.

Now for Apache, i can run it without SSL.
But, if i try to add LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
and run it ... it returns error :
Syntax error on line 192 of d:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: (126) The specified 
module could not be found:

i'm sure i've put the mod_ssl.so in the modules directory with others 
Apache modules.
I've tried to used the full directory LoadModule ssl_module 
D:/Apache/modules/mod_ssl.so
but, still get the same error.
Syntax error on line 192 of d:/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load d:/apache/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: (126) The specified 
module could not be found:

Does anyone knows what's wrong? Any suggestion will be accepted.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:21:16 -0400 (EDT)

not sure how it is on winblows machines, but, on unix/linux systems the
modules are found under libexec in the installed apache tree, it maybe
looking for your module in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]