Subject: RE: ssl proxy

From: "Petryczka, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:30:35 -0400

As a followup to below, what directives would be needed to accomplish this
"proxy" or "tunnel" or whatever i should call it?  Incidentally, if it
matters, the client here is not a browser - it's just a c-program that
writes raw http-headered request messages directly.  An illustrative example
would be great!

> > Can a httpd be set up as a "secure proxy"?  Ie.: forward requests
> > from a client  (a client that doesn't get involved with any ssl
> > stuff itself)  on to an HTTPS site?
> 
> Yes.  With Apache 1.3 / mod_ssl 2.8.x, you _might_ have to enable
> SSL_EXPERIMENTAL or something like that, I'm not sure.  But it can be
> done.
No special compile flags are necessary in 1.3.22+ and mod_ssl 2.8
Aryeh

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com		

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:11:04 -0400

> As a followup to below, what directives would be needed to accomplish
> this "proxy" or "tunnel" or whatever i should call it?  Incidentally,
> if it matters, the client here is not a browser - it's just a
> c-program that writes raw http-headered request messages directly.  An
> illustrative example would be great!
In either a virtual host, or whole server:

ProxyPass / https://login.passport.com/
ProxyPassReverse / https://login.passport.com/
---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com