Subject: mod_ssl Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM file

From: "Rajidhar Etta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:53:26 -0500

I am getting the following errors in the last few days (they never used
to come before, and configuration /Directory permissions is not
changed). 

[httpdserror] [error] mod_ssl Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM file 
[httpdserror] [error] System No such file or directory (errno 2). 
[httpdserror] reading (fetch) (System error follows). 

httpd.conf: mod_ssl part of our server is as follows,
-----
SSLSessionCache         dbm:/logs/Apache/logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
-----
we have two webservers with identical configuration and strangely only
one server we are getting this error. When I checked the presense of
ssl_scache.dir & ssl_scache.pag files on the server where it is giving
error, they are not there. Directory permissions doesn't prevent mod_ssl
to create/open a file (as I mentioned before, configuration of both
server is identical). 

Please advise,

Rajidhar Etta 
eComServer, Inc 
609.951.8500 (x 192) 
609.203.3697 (Cell)

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:48:06 -0500 (EST)

> to create/open a file (as I mentioned before, configuration of both

I could well be mistaken, but, I think you are at least missing the
SSLSessionCache size parameter <e.g. SSLSessionCache
dbm:/usr/local/apache/logs/ssl_scache(512000)>

How identical are the two systems in question?  Same steps in the install?
same OS on each system?  Same hardware?  This might be an additional issue
and information should the SSLSessionCache size parameter not fix the
problem and a second request for info nees posting.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior consultant:  sysinfo.com
                  http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!