Subject: mod_ssl & mod_auth_radius

From: "Andries, Bert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:20:13 +0200

Apache_1.3.26 + mod_ssl-2.8.10 + openssl-0.9.6d ( as in
http://www.modssl.org/example with added mod_proxy and mod_auth_radius found
at:
https://www.gnarst.net/authradius/

Proxy & Ssl seems to work fine, but the combination with radius
authentication fails.

The https://www.gnarst.net/authradius/ site mentions:
<QUOTE> Apply this patch to the Apache sourcecode apache-patches.tar.gz for
use with apache 1.3.26 with modssl-2810 if you are going to use this apache
as a proxy server. This will fix the fact that the 'proxing' webserver does
not send the cookie back to the client. It also will fix the problem that
apache does not send a Set-Cookie header back to the client in case the page
requsted has not changed (Return code 304) HTTP_NOT_MODIFIED.</QUOTE>

Unfortunately the apache-patches.tar.gz is not downloadable.  Does anyone
has this patch, or has any hint on how to do radius authentication on a
proxy-ing apache with mod_ssl ...

Regards.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:57:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Andries, Bert wrote:

> It also will fix the problem that apache does not send a Set-Cookie
> header back to the client in case the page requsted has not changed
> (Return code 304) HTTP_NOT_MODIFIED.</QUOTE>

I'll point out that that's not a bug, it's required by the RFC.

--Cliff