Subject: Re: Spurious SSL handshake interrupt

From: "Raj Mettai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:44:54 -0500

thanks a lot conrad....I am also seeing following errors in the logs 

[Mon Jan 06 13:10:17 2003] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
new.host.name:443, client 12.94.6.64)
[Mon Jan 06 13:10:17 2003] [error] SSL Library Error: 336151574
error:14094416:lib(20):func(148):reason(1046)

are the above errors are also very common or do they mean something...

thanks in advance

-Raj

>>> [email-masked] 01/06/03 01:22PM >>>
I receive this log message constantly myself, although it has no
apparent impact on performance in my case. The reason for it in our
installation is that the load balancer is set to check SSL availability
and is frequently requesting data from the SSL server but without a full
connection.

Hope this is helpful.

conrad

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:15:07PM -0500, Raj Mettai wrote:
> Hi All,
>  
> I am running apache 2.0.39 with mod_ssl module on solaris 8. connected
to
> tomcat 4.1.12. I am getting lot of " Spurious SSL handshake interrupt"
> errors in ssl_error.log file. All my https calls have become
drastically slow.
> Any clues on this error please, it's a production website...
>  
> [Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint:
> Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

-- 
Conrad Heiney
[email-masked]
http://fringehead.org
----------

If the Catholics can no longer transsubstantiate onion dip into the body
of Christ, I'd say it is a pretty crappy miracle. --mjd

---

From: "Conrad Heiney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:53:30 -0800

No idea there, sorry; someone smarter than me must be called in. ;)

-- 
Conrad Heiney
[email-masked]
http://fringehead.org
----------

<TorgoX> Orthaganal az I wanna bee!|