Subject: back button with SSL

From: "Boex,Matthew W." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:13:56 -0500

i am having a problem with my cgi.  when a user puts in bad data and i
generate an error page, i tell them to click "back" on their browser.  while
under ssl, if a user clicks back, it takes them to the beginning of the
script, not where they left off.  i am using hidden tags to keep state...

matt

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Alex Earl <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:17:08 -0600

Why not have a back link on your page? It is usually bad to make the user
press the back button to navigate on your page. Or you could just parse the
errors and if there are errors...redisplay the form page that they entered
the wrong values on with the errors displayed.

Alex Earl