Subject: Removing snakeoil certificate

From: "Ian Truelsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:56:41 -0600

How does one remove the default www.snakeoil.dom certificate from the 
system? I have renamed all the snakeoil keys in the ssl.crt, ssl.key and 
ssl.prm folders in my /etc/httpd folder. However any time that I try to 
access any https sites on my server, I still get the snakeoil certificate. 
What have I missed? 

Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BA (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Email: [email-masked] 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:05:52 +0200

> access any https sites on my server, I still get the snakeoil certificate. 
Restarting the server?

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Ian Truelsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 02:22:49 -0600

>> access any https sites on my server, I still get the snakeoil certificate. 
Did that, yet the certificate remains. 

Ian Truelsen