Subject: Strange server failiure!

From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:50:55 +0200

Hey.
 
Last night, when logrotate HUP'ed some of our apache servers with mod_ssl,
like it does every night, we got a strange error:
[Sun Oct 13 04:02:01 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: (conan.os.ergo.no:443)
Ops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!

[Sun Oct 13 04:02:01 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: (conan.os.ergo.no:443) You
have to perform a *full* server restart when you added o

r removed a certificate and/or key file

The strange thing is that we have neither removed or added certificates. Is
this a bug in mod_ssl? We have mod_ssl 2.8.7-4.on one, and 2.8.7-6 on the
other.

Is this a known bug? It makes no sense to me....

Med vennlig hilsen, 

Torvald Baade Bringsvor

ErgoIntegration AS 
Postboks 4364 Nydalen, 0402 Oslo 
Telefon 23 14 50 00, Telefaks 23 14 50 01 
Direkte tlf.nr. 23 14 52 72, Mobilnr 979 80 494
www.ergogroup.no