Subject: Would someone stop the viruses, please!

From: "Shaun T. Erickson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:01:33 -0500

I'm getting really tired of having viruses sent to me from this list. 
Put a virus scanner on it, will you?

	-ste

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:54:17 -0500 (EST)

> Put a virus scanner on it, will you?

Actually, the viruses are less a pain then all the AV products spewing
their marketing garbage back to the list each time some spoofed virus
makes  the list.  It's a 10-1 increase in bandwidth with each spoofed
virus/trojan sent.  So many folks are hitting my procmail filters merely
due to their AV products inability to properly handle the point.  Folks
need to turn these off.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!