Subject: [[email-masked]: proxy_http1.1_chunking.patch]

From: Martin Kraemer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:21:18 +0200

Ralf, do you have a mod_ssl patch for the current 1.3.25-dev proxy? Or
could you make one?

   Martin
-- 
<[email-masked]>         |     Fujitsu Siemens
Fon: +49-89-636-46021, FAX: +49-89-636-47655 | 81730  Munich,  Germany

Subject: proxy_http1.1_chunking.patch
From: John Ingram <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:40:49 -0400

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the patch... I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out 
what was up with mod_proxy in 1.3.24.  Now my problem is with getting the 
patched 1.3.24 to work with mod_ssl.  If I apply your patch first, and 
then run the mod_ssl configure script on top of that, it behaves 
unexpectedly, but claims to have patched everything it needs to patch.  I 
decided to try it the other way around, by applying mod_ssl to 1.3.24 
before you patch, in which case one of your patch chunks fail.  No matter 
how I try it, I still haven't gotten apache to compile with both.

So, I just went to the source of all good ideas, a smoke break.  It 
suddenly occurred to me that my fastest route to success is just to revert 
back to an earlier version of apache, however I was intrigued by the 
mention of mod_proxy improvements in 1.3.24 in the Announcements file.  So 
I'll probably revert for the short term, but I would probably like to run 
1.3.24, with your patch AND mod_ssl.

Getting to my question (sort of), do the mod_ssl folks know about the 
apache patch, and whose "responsibility" is it to ensure that changes in 
the apache source that affect (particularly popular) third-party modules 
are reported to those module maintainers.  I would guess that it's the 
responsibility of the module maintainers to stay on top of the apache 
source and patches and adjust accordingly.

Anyway, I guess my real question is "do you know about this problem"?  
Please advise how I should proceed.  As I said, in the meantime, I'll go 
to a previous apache version for my ssl-proxying needs.

Thanks,
John Ingram

---

From: Graham Leggett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 16:30:21 +0200

> Ralf, do you have a mod_ssl patch for the current 1.3.25-dev proxy? Or

Is 1.3.25 not due for release already?

Regards,
Graham
-- 
-----------------------------------------
[email-masked]		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."