Subject: Rebuild of Apache REQUIRED to add SSL???

From: "Tony Libby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 13:58:33 -0400

I'm looking into adding SSL ability to my Apache server.
 
Apache version 1.3.22 running on Red Hat Linux 7.2
 
MUST I REBUILD THE SERVER?
 
I don't really want to do this as everything is running nicely now.
 
If I have to rebuild, what is the SAFEST way?
 
Thanks for your help!
-Tony

---

From: Nalin Dahyabhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:09:10 -0400

> MUST I REBUILD THE SERVER?

If you're using the prepackaged version, you don't.  It has already had
the necessary EAPI patches applied.

The shortest route is probably to install the prepackaged mod_ssl (be
sure to install all of the applicable updates), configure it properly,
and restart your server.

HTH,

Nalin
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]