Subject: RE: http to https forward

From: "arcean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 02:55:47 -0700

USE Stunnel it's Really simpe

Ido use it for exactly the same probleme

and i use reciproc - authentification (client&serveur)

good perf on *nix
no so bad on win32 ...

>I have an appserver that needs to POST http requests to another company's
>appserver.  Unfortunately, the particular product we are using has issues
>being able to send https, and the other company requires it.  They have
>issued us certificates to talk to them.  I need to be able to send http POST
>reqests to an Apache webserver, have it encrypt the request with the other
>company's cert, and then pass the POST onto that company's server via https.
>No browser involved.  Eventually, I will need to do the same thing in
>reverse, but initially I just need to be able to send in this direction.
>Can you tell me what all specific entries needed in the conf file to
>implement
>this.  Again, our server http to Apache, then encrypt using cert we were
>given, and Apache to other
>company's server via https.
>
>Apache Vesion is currently 1.3.23 - will update for security issues once we
>can implement this scenario.
>Running on Suse Linux 8.0
>
>Thanks,
>David
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
>

__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "David Iungerich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:20:57 -0500

Arcean,

I'm probably going to continue with my Apache 2.0.39 route, but what all
specifically is involved in the setup of Stunnel to do what I am looking
for?  If it's quicker, I may take that route.

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of arcean
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 4:56 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: http to https forward

good perf on *nix
no so bad on win32 ...