Subject: [BugDB] Netscape 4.x cause CPU loop with mod_ssl and Apache 2.0 (PR#735)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:26:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Thom Park
Version: Unknown
OS: Windows 2000
Submission from: (NULL) (192.216.194.16)

This may be a usage problem as opposed to a bug, but I'm stumped trying to get
around this.

I am using Apache 2.0.35 with the mod_ssl that came with that release, with
openssl version 0.9.6d on Windows 2000

everytime we try to use Netscape 4.x against an https page and a redirect event
occurs (302), the Apache that recieved the request goes into an infinite loop.

The redirect may be a red-herring, it may just be the first request, as most of
our initial request result in 302 responses.

Can you advise me if this is a known bug (searching the database didn't yield
much) or if the user-community have any suggestions on working around this issue
I'd love to hear from them.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:19:04 +0200 (MET DST)

> openssl version 0.9.6d on Windows 2000
First start by upgrading your apache (if for nothing else, then at least for
security reasons[1]). Much has happened in apache since 2.0.35 - most likely
your problem has already been fixed.

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/info/security_bulletin_20020620.txt
vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall