Subject: mod-ssl for apache 2.0.x - wasn't compiled

From: "Xeruz at Hotmail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:11:47 +0800

Hi There,

[Situation]
I'm trying to compile and run "mod-ssl" on Apache-2.0.39 but I couldn't find
useful document after searching the web. Thus, I followed the mod-ssl
document for Apache-1.3.x but it didn't work. What I did was :

$ ./configure \
              --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x \
              --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.x \
              --with-mm=../mm-1.1.x \
              --with-crt=/path/to/your/server.crt \
              --with-key=/path/to/your/server.key \
              --prefix=/path/to/apache \
              --enable-shared=ssl
$ make
$ make install

After the compilation, I couldn't find any "mod_ssl.o" (openssl's libssl.so
was there).
I also checked with :

$ httpd -l

but mod_ssl.c was not in the list.

[Questions]
1. Where can I explore further about mod_ssl on Apache-2.0.x ? Any link?
2. Where can I download mod_ssl for Apache-2.0.39? (In case, the default
"ssl" module in Apache 2.0.39 is not recommended.)

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best Regards,
Jirat.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 07:46:53 +0100

> 1. Where can I explore further about mod_ssl on Apache-2.0.x ? Any link?

httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/
www.modssl.org/support/ (which has links to the archive of this list).

> "ssl" module in Apache 2.0.39 is not recommended.)

You should be using 2.0.43 - but other than that, what comes with apache
should be just fine. The options from 1.3 won't work, but running
./configure --help in the 2.0 source tree will give you a list of the
options that you need.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:54:49 -0800

> 1. Where can I explore further about mod_ssl on Apache-2.0.x ? Any link?

I have a detailed chapter online just on that :
http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/

> "ssl" module in Apache 2.0.39 is not recommended.)

the one that comes with apache is fine

Cheers

Daniel

---

From: "Xeruz at Hotmail" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 16:21:49 +0800

Thanks a lot Daniel and Mads. It does work.

I would love to use 2.0.43 instead of 2.0.39 but my developers have
developed some experimental code on 2.0.39, so they prefer only 2.0.39 for
this moment.