Subject: [Fwd: Sol: Re: Apache.exe generates errors and is closed by Windows.]

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:17:26 -0400

Ramakrishna,

The following note was sent to me personally.  I cannot confirm it by my 
own experience, but it is worth considering.  The suggestion is that you 
can still have this problem with the newer code.  This offers a 
potential solution.

Other comments are welcome.

Thanks Edwin.

-Chris.

Original message from Edwin Cleton
Hunter,

This is caused with versions where SSLv2 is still active.
apache 1.3.26, mod_ssl 2.8.10 and openssl 0.9.6g, win32.

SSLv2 MUST be disabled because the problem is not 100% solved between 
0.9.6d and the current 0.9.6g with the win32 platform.

Fwd to List: apache-modssl if you consider this to be of public interest.

Sincerely, Edwin Cleton

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]