Subject: mm library enable or disable shared for modssl as DSO.

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:31:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm trying to use mm shared library for Apache2.0.45
with modssl as DSO . My question is should I configure
MM_shared library --enable-shared or --disable-shared.

Thanks in advance.

--veena

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to Outlook(TM).
http://calendar.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:39:37 +0200

> MM_shared library --enable-shared or --disable-shared.
There's no need for MM with apache2 - it has its own shared
memory handling built in if your os supports it.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:53:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks. To use the shared library from apache should
something be set while configuring apache? I'm using
SunOS 5.9 , does this OS support it?

I was trying to do this hoping this would make my
https server work for Internet explorer. 

-veena

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:45:33 +0200

> SunOS 5.9 , does this OS support it?
It shouldn't be a problem on your os - at least I've used shared
memory session caching on solaris 7 & 8 many times. The thing to
configure is SSLSessionCache which should be set to something like:
SSLSessionCache shm:/usr/local/apache/logs/ssl_gcache_data(512000) 
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslsessioncache

vh

Mads Toftum