Subject: which version of modssl to be used with apache2.0.44 for solaris os.

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:15:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
 I did not find any modssl version for apache 2.0.44
on the modssl website can i use the most recent modssl
build for apache 2.0.44?

Thnaks in advance

-veena

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
http://tax.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:29:05 -0700

> on the modssl website can i use the most recent modssl

mod_ssl is already included with Apache 2

Cheers

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

A new candidate for frequently asked <smile>;

This 2.0.X version of apache has modssl code built in, read the docs and
the apache home pages.  Also, you might well with to grab 2.0.45 until
2.0.46 is released, which I suspect will not be that far out into the
future....

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

> 2.0.46 is released, which I suspect will not be that far out into the

Definitely use 2.0.45 and not 2.0.44.  And you're right, 2.0.46 isn't that
far off, but 2.0.45 is a must for now.

--Cliff

-----------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Apache HTTP Server Project

---

From: Bruno Georges <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:21:37 +0000

Veena

Here is a script you can run to build apache with ssl
It assumes you already have openssl0.9.7a build with shared options
If you choose to build openssl as static, make sure you have mod_ssl 
static too.

echo "script for automatic building of apache 2  with-ssl "
./configure --prefix=/opt/apache_2.0.45 --enable-ssl=shared 
--with-ssl=/opt/openssl --enable-status=static --enable-rewrite=sha
red  --disable-auth_digest --with-mpm=worker --enable-mods-shared=most > 
build.log
echo "apache 2 has been configured... now to make"
make
echo "apache 2 compiled now to make install"
make install
echo "apache 2 installation finished "

Hope this helps.

Bruno.