Subject: bad end line:pem_lib.c:762

From: Ed Loehr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:55:11 -0700

I just received a new cert from Verisign via email for use in Apache 
1.3.27 with mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27.  When I cut-n-paste it into a file 
(server.cert) and attempt to verify it matches the server key and CSR 
by comparing md5 sums, I get the following error:

$ openssl x509 -noout -modulus -in server.cert | openssl md5
unable to load certificate
26567:error:0906D066:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:bad end 
line:pem_lib.c:762:
d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

I've looked at the cert and it looks identical in form to the 
snakeoil certs that come with Apache/modssl.  This is with openssl 
0.9.6g.

Any clues?

Regards,
Ed Loehr
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Ed Loehr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:41:33 -0700

> d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

D'oh!  An unfaithful cut-n-paste added an extraneous space and left 
out a newline at the end. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]