Subject: DBM on Mac OS X

From: David Wheeler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:53:06 -0800

Hi All,

I've been using mod_ssl with Apache 1.3.x on Mac OS X for a while now, 
and it works great. I've had to use gdbm to get it to compile, but that 
was okay with me.

Now, however, I'm writing an article about this, and want to try to 
eliminate the gdbm dependency in the name of simplicity. I know it can 
be done, because Apple includes mod_ssl with their Apache. Furthermore, 
they tell me that libdm is in the Mac OS X system library, libSystem. 
But configure has never been able to find it. -lm and -dbm both fail.

So I tried --enable-rule=SSL_SDBM, and that got Apache/mod_ssl to 
compile nicely. Yay! But then, when I tried to connect to the SSL port, 
Apache segfaulted!

   [Fri Nov 15 12:29:03 2002] [notice] child pid 26629 exit signal 
Segmentation fault (11)

So I'm stuck and could use some help. Does anyone know how to a) get 
Apache's configure to find libdbm in libSystem and use it? Or b) have 
any idea why Apache/mod_ssl might be segfaulting when using SDBM?

TIA!

David

-- 
David Wheeler                                     AIM: dwTheory
[email-masked]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]