Subject: ModSSL directives & Books about ModSSL

From: "Dan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 12:54:30 -0400

Hi,

Are the apache directives/configuration for modssl handled only by the
openssl package?  Or does modssl have it's own configuration settings?

Also a related question, can anyone recommend any good books that cover Mod
SSL well?  Such as something that covers setting up the apache httpd.conf
file for secure site configuration (if the above applies), ssl apache
directives, installing and maintaining CA certificates, keys, etc?  I
checked amazon and there are only two books on ssl I could find, got a great
recommendation in the openssl forum for two good books on openssl.

Thanks for any info on this (& patience with a modssl newbie question).

Dan

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:14:03 -0700

> recommendation in the openssl forum for two good books on openssl.

I have the mod_ssl chapter of my book freely available online. I think
together with the mod_ssl reference documentation you should be fine, it
covers everything you mention. It is oriented towards Apache 2

http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html

Best regards

Daniel