Subject: Installing apache

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:22:40 +0200

Dear,

While configuring mod_ssl I get:

Configuring mod_ssl/2.8.10 for Apache/1.3.26
 + Apache location: ../apache_1.3.26 (Version 1.3.26)
 + OpenSSL location: ../openssl-0.9.6g
 + MM location: ../mm-1.2.1
 + Auxiliary patch tool: ./etc/patch/patch (local)
./configure:Error: Building of 'patch' tool failed:
------------------------------------------------------------
patch/util.c
tar: patch/util.c: Cannot open: No such file or directory
patch/util.h
tar: patch/util.h: Cannot open: No such file or directory
patch/version.c
tar: patch/version.c: Cannot open: No such file or directory
patch/version.h
tar: patch/version.h: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I use the command:

./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6g
--with-mm=../mm-1.2.1 prefix=/app/apache --enable-module=so

from the mod_ssl directory (/app/mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26)

The path or file '/etc/patch/patch' doesn't exist on my system.
I have the c compilor gcc (/usr/bin/gcc). This path is also included in the
$PATH variable.

Thus anyone have an idea of wath this can be?

Thx

Erwin

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:33:51 +0200

I don't know if it's just a typo in the mail, but you need "--" before "prefix" in your configure line.

<< 	prefix=/app/apache
>> 	--prefix=/app/apache

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked]
>[mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Freitag, 23. August 2002 10:23
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Installing apache
>
>
>Dear,
>