Subject: Help configuring Virutal Hosts

From: Nick Burke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:46:32 -0400

To anyone -

I am attempting to setup Apache-SSL on a large server where most access
is thru normal
port 80 communications but I have three VirtualHosts that require port
443 SSL communications.
We have our certificate (via Thawte). I've tried the port and
SSLEnable/SSLDisable directives
inside the VH definitions but it hangs our server.... Any thoughts?

Nick Burke
GSFC/NASA
[email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Craig Blanzy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:12:12 -0400

I'm having troubles as well, I can connect at www.somedomain.com:443 but the
connection is standard http?  I can't get an https connection, if i look at
the logs i see

[Wed Jul 31 14:01:56 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

[Wed Jul 31 14:02:34 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

[Wed Jul 31 14:40:47 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

[Wed Jul 31 14:40:48 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

[Wed Jul 31 14:41:08 2002] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

Gee i wish i spoke ssl :-/

This is actually a log from a virtual host i'm trying to run on port 8050 by
adding another listen directive in the ssl.conf file.  Is that normal?  or
should all my ssl traffic be directed to port 443 ?