Subject: Another one getting rid of Snake Oil stuff

From: "Jos� Vicente Carrasco Vay�" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 17:37:23 +0100

Hi:

I´m new on the list. I have a horrible english (as you can see) but
I can understand so good the english technical writings.

I'm trying to install my true certificates. I've read the mod_ssl
FAQ, an article on FreeBSDdiary.org (I uses FreeBSD 4.4) and
specially the thread of Jan. 15th at this list.

I've maked all the steps without problems until 

./sign.sh server.csr

I get the same exit that the Jan. 15th's user has. Do you remember?

---- snip ---
The problem is that when I go to sign the csr, I get the following:

1 out of 1 certificate requests certified, commit? [y/n]y
Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: netmusician.crt <-> CA cert
netmusician.crt: 
/C=US/ST=IN/L=Bloomington/O=Netmusician/CN=Netmusician/Email
=joe@netmusician.
org
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=US/ST=IN/L=Bloomington/O=Netmusician/CN=Netmusician/Email
=joe@netmusician.
org
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure

---- snip ----

Please, help me. I've read all the docs that I've found and there are
anybody to make a question.

Thanks a lot and excuse again my pseudo-english.

///////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    "sedatio et tranquilitas"
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]