Subject: Invalid method in request \x80z\x01\x03\x01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:07:08 +0100 (CET)

Hello!
I'm using apache modssl and I'm not able to connect to port 443.
This problem is betwen server and client communication (HTTP versus 
HTTPS), I think. But I don't know, how to solve this.

error_log:
Invalid method in request \x80L\x01\x03

host# /usr/bin/openssl s_client -connect myIP:443 -state -debug
CONNECTED(00000003)
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
write to 0808D4C0 [0809D000] (124 bytes => 124 (0x7C))
0000 - 80 7a 01 03 01 00 51 00-00 00 20 00 00 16 00 00   .z....Q... .....
0010 - 13 00 00 0a 07 00 c0 00-00 66 00 00 05 00 00 04   .........f......
0020 - 03 00 80 01 00 80 08 00-80 00 00 65 00 00 64 00   ...........e..d.
0030 - 00 63 00 00 62 00 00 61-00 00 60 00 00 15 00 00   .c..b..a..`.....
0040 - 12 00 00 09 06 00 40 00-00 14 00 00 11 00 00 08   ......@.........
0050 - 00 00 06 00 00 03 04 00-80 02 00 80 af 78 8c e2   .............x..
0060 - 0e ff ff 96 5b 2d 4e 31-6d c5 47 01 b0 61 c5 33   ....[-N1m.G..a.3
0070 - 39 b1 4f dd 0e b2 7b 3d-0a 2f 3e 7b               9.O...{=./>{
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
read from 0808D4C0 [080A3000] (7 bytes => 7 (0x7))
0000 - 3c 21 44 4f 43 54 59                              <!DOCTY
SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
797:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown 
protocol:/usr/src/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/../ssl/s23_clnt.c:462:

httpd.conf:
#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache/htdocs"
ServerName myNAME
ServerAdmin myE-MAIL
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error_log
TransferLog /var/log/httpd/access_log
SSLEngine on
SSLCipherSuite 
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/apache/conf/ssl.key/server.key
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

Please, can you help me? 

Thanx a lot!

-- 
Radek 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]