Subject: Mod_SSL with Name Based Virtual Hosts

From: "Denny Suvanto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:46:56 +0700

Dear guys,

Can I use mod_ssl for  separate domains with the same IP address
using name based virtual hosts?
If so, how?
Thanks 

Best Regards
Yohanes Denny Suvanto

---

From: Andreas Gietl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:42:18 +0100

On Saturday 09 February 2002 03:46, you wrote:

No this isn't possible because as far as i know there's no HTTP/1.1-like 
Hostname Extension to the https-protocol.

-- 
e-admin internet gmbh
Andreas Gietl
Roter-Brach-Weg 124a
tel +49 941 3810884
fax +49 941 3810891
mobil +49 171 6070008
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Glen Mehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 11:57:41 -0800

you can do it by using different ports, but then you'll have to construct URL's like:

https://secure.domain.com:8443/path/to/resource

it's a limitation of the protocol.

glen

-- 
Glen S Mehn
Lead Systems Administrator		SquareTrade, Inc
[email-masked]	Building Trust in Transactions (sm)
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]