Subject: Get rid of Warning in Netscape browser?

From: Brian Lavender <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:52:10 -0700

Couple questions.

Is there a way to get rid of the message from Netscape when using your
own CA?

Do you need to specify your own CA in the httpd.conf?

Here are the details to my questions:

I followed Jose's instructions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-users%40openssl.org/msg28391.html

on creating my own CA and user certificate, but when I pop up my web
server using my Netscape browser, it still gives the warning.

I thought the whole purpose of creating the CA, the server cert, the
user's cert was so the the browser would accept the server's public
key without issuing warning. 

I am also wondering about a couple apache directives and if they are
relevent and if I put the directives in the correct way.

SLCACertificatePath /home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA
SSLCACertificateFile /home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/cacert.pem

Here is my directory structure of my CA.

/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/certs
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/crl
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/newcerts
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/newcerts/01.pem
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/newcerts/02.pem
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/private
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/private/cakey.pem
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/serial
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/index.txt
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/cacert.pem
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/serial.old
/home/blavende/project/mefg/CA/demoCA/index.txt.old

brian
-- 
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]