Subject: MSIE Multiple Authentication Requests

From: "Smith, Jim R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:39:06 -0500

I am looking for input on isolating/solving this issue.

I am running Apache/modssl/Verisign cert.
My PC using IE 6.0.26 and/or Netscape 7 has no problem.
Other users using IE 5.5, and 6.0.26 are asked repeatedly for
authentication.
It seems that the auth gets to the server when requested, but not back to
the browser.
Since it works for me, and my developer, I do not believe it is a
server-side problem.
Perhaps a browser setting, or Internet Zone setting, or intervening firewall
?

Anyone else have/had this problem ?
thanks,
jim
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]