Subject: Apache 1.3.26 + mod_ssl 2.8.10 + OpenSSL 0.9.7a + ubsec engine questions

From: "Kostadin Galabov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:37:47 +0200

Hi,

Currently I'm setting up a Broadcom 5820 accelerator on company's web
server. Everything seem to work. I compiled mod_ssl with enabled
experimental code, when I start the apache the module for the broadcom
card gets used. When I do requests to the apache, the statistic program
of broadcom card show that the card is used. Everything seems fine. But
I stress test the apache and to my surprise the result doesn't look good
at all:
27 hits/sec without broadcom card
28 hits/sec with broadcom card (ubsec engine).
So I suppose something in my config is wrong or the card is unusable.
So I'm asking for help if someone has ever made apache working with
ubsec engine and similar card and does he have similar results. And if
someone has better results what he did in order to achieve them. Here is
my setup:

Slackware Linux 8.1
Apache 1.3.26 + mod_ssl 2.8.10 + OpenSSL 0.9.7a
bcm 1.81 driver

Regards
Kostadin Galabov
System Administrator
Netclime Inc.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]