Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.26 and mod_ssl

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:19:42 +0200

Hello there,

I've patched the Apache 1.3.26 sources with mod_ssl 2.8.8 and --force
Option and it "works" ....
I've apply the patch for 1.3.26 ....

sh-2.03# patch -p0 < modssl-2.8.8-1.3.26-fixup.patch
  Looks like a unified context diff.
  The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
  The next patch looks like a unified context diff.
  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.

... and configure apache ...

./configure --with-layout=Apache --prefix=/usr/local/apache_1.3.26
--enable-module=so --enable-module=ssl --enable-shared=max

... and run an make ... and some minutes later i got this error(s):

<=== src/modules/ssl
<=== src/modules
gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208108 -DEAPI
-DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite `./apaci` modules.c
gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208108 -DEAPI
-DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite `./apaci` buildmark.c
gcc  -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208108 -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite
`./apaci`    \
      -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o modules/standard/libstandard.a
main/libmain.a ./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a  lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a
-lsocket -lnsl -lpthread -ldl
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
ap_ctx_new                          main/libmain.a(buff.o)
ap_hook_call                        main/libmain.a(buff.o)
ap_mm_useable                       main/libmain.a(alloc.o)
ap_ctx_get                          main/libmain.a(http_core.o)
ap_hook_configure                   main/libmain.a(http_main.o)
ap_hook_init                        main/libmain.a(http_main.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to httpd
make[2]: *** [target_static] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/apache_update/apache_1.3.26/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/apache_update/apache_1.3.26'
make: *** [build] Error 2

It looks not really good ... someone with ideas how the problem can be
fixed ?
If i compile without ssl support, it works.

compiler: gcc 2.95.2 (should work)
system: solaris 5.8

With kind regards

Manuel Bernhardt

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 20:47:11 -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, James Bromberger wrote:
>
>> Seems that the current 2.8.8 has some problems patching into some of
>> the mod_proxy code:
>>
>> ./ap/Makefile.tmpl.rej
>> ./modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c.rej
>> ./modules/proxy/proxy_http.c.rej
>
> hmmmm... wonder why I didn't notice those before?  Sigh.  Anyway,
> attached is a patch (totally untested!) which *should* replace the
> missing part of the mod_ssl patch.  So after you've run ./configure
> --force, apply this patch by going to the apache_1.3.26/ directory and
> running "patch -p0 < modssl-2.8.8-1.3.26-fixup.patch".  Let me know if it
> works or breaks.  ;)
>
> --Cliff Works! Many thanks. --
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166
D-81730 Muenchen / Germany   | email      : [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> Option and it "works" .... I've apply the patch for 1.3.26 ....

Forget it.  Start over with a clean 1.3.26 and mod_ssl 2.8.9 which was
released quite a while ago now.

--Cliff