Subject: Message counts in Apache

From: "Evan Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:42:07 -0500

We're implementing a network services database where key applications on
the system update counters for messages in and messages out that can then
be examined by the system operators.  What exactly a message is depends on
the application, but in Apache I assume this will be HTTP GET/PUT/POST
requests.

In a quick look at the Apache code, I see the function increment_counts in
http_main.c. Would this be the best place to add the message counter?  The
message counts are kept on a port and protocol basis.  How do I distinguish
between the different ports that may be configured in httpd.conf, like a
Listen 443 for example?

Regards,
Evan Jennings
TPF Development, IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY
(845) 435-1918

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]