Subject: Segmentaion faults

From: Avinash S <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:04:13 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

I am using Red Hat 7.3 with apache-1.3.26, mod_ssl-2.8.7-4 and
openssl-0.9.6b-18. Apache has crashed three times in last week with the
following error in apache's error_log.

[Mon Nov  4 15:58:07 2002] [error] [client 147.213.65.178] client sent
HTTP/1.1 request without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23): /
[Mon Nov  4 15:58:16 2002] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server
www.nonstock.com:443, client 147.213.65.178) (OpenSSL library error
follows)
[Mon Nov  4 15:58:16 2002] [error] OpenSSL:
error:1406908F:lib(20):func(105):reason(143)
[Mon Nov  4 15:58:17 2002] [notice] child pid 14246 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

Please help.

Thanks in advance
Avinash.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 16:13:17 -0500 (EST)

For one, all you source is dated, and vulnerable.  I'd update first thing.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!