Subject: How to Create a wildcard certificate?

From: "Adrian Bolzan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:15:33 +1000

Hello,

Are there instructions on the Apache site, or elsewhere, detailing 
how to create a self-signed wildcard certificate?

I have created "host.domain" specific certificates but am not sure 
how to create a wildcard cert.

I have not found any references to this in the mailing lists.

Thanks,

Adrian

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 08:54:01 +0200

> how to create a wildcard cert.
Wildcard certs are made exactly as any other cert.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Adrian Bolzan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:14:02 +1000

> Wildcard certs are made exactly as any other cert.

oh.  ok. ;-)  I did no think i could use the name " *.domain.com" and have 
it work for:
www1.domain.com
www2.domain.com
etc.

thanks,

adrian