Subject: RE: 2 ssl virtualhosts whith 1 IP

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:51:06 +0100

You can't get around the problem with rewrite rules. The essential
problem is that HTTPS encapsulates HTTP. What this means is that when
apache gets an HTTPS request, it has to route it to a virtual host using
*only* its TCP/IP attributes (IP addr and port no). It cannot use any
HTTP attributes (e.g. Host header) since these are encrypted and apache
cannot decrypt the request until it finds a certificate, but the cert is
defined in the VH!

This is the commonest question on mod_ssl - search the archives for
"name-based virtual hosts" for an ad nauseum discussion...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>-----Original Message-----
>From: fred [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Donnerstag, 7. November 2002 10:25
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: 2 ssl virtualhosts whith 1 IP
>
>
>Thank you.
>Is it possible to use Rewrite to redirect request from:
>https://domaine1.com/something/page.ext?var1=val1&var2=val2
>to
>https://domaine1.com:444/something/page.ext?var1=val1&var2=val2
>
>I have try :
>RewriteEngine On
>RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}      ^443$
>RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME}      ^https://domaine1.com$
>RewriteRule ^/$                 https://domaine1.com:444 [L,R]
>
>But it doesn't work.
>Thank you very mutch for your support.
>
>
>On Thursday 7 November 2002 10:07, you wrote:
>> > Is it possible to have 2 ssl.crt with 2 virtualhosts with 
>only one IP ?
>>
>> Only if u use different ports......
>>
>> greetings,
>> josef
>>
>> > Thanks for your support.
>> > 
>______________________________________________________________________
>> > Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   
www.modssl.org
> > User Support Mailing List
[email-masked]
> > Automated List Manager
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]