Subject: Upgrade to 2.0.44 ?

From: "Ron McKeever" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:15:03 -0800

Hello,

I currently have mod_ssl-2.8.12-1.3.27.apache that I installed and
downloaded from mod_ssl.org. I'm looking at going to 2.0.11 apache.

I know with other versions of mod_ssl/apache when I upgraded I did the
following:

Give mod_ssl-2.8.new the Apache 1.3.new *source* directory for
its --with-apache= argument.  Then when you configure apache, tell it to
*install* to the same location that 1.3.old is currently installed using
--prefix= (eg /usr/local/apache) and use the same directory structure
(using --with-layout= ) that you used before, if any.  Then when you run
'make install' from the Apache 1.3.new source directory, it will overwrite
your 1.3.old installation.

Do I do the same thing with upgrading to apache 2.0.44? Since mod_ssl is
built-in to the new apache version I was thinking it might be different.
Thanks

Ron

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Estrade Matthieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:32:23 +0100

Hi,

In apache 2.0, mod_ssl is buit in, so to enable it when you compile, 
just do:

httpd-2.0.44#./configure --prefix=path --enable-ssl 
--with-ssl=path-to-openssl

like ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-ssl 
--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl/bin/openssl

if you want to use SSL crypto hardware, you have to enable it with 
CFLAGS="-DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL -DSSL_ENGINE"
keep your configure script, and whe you will want to upgrade your apache 
2.0 to next version, just launch the script and make to rebuild the new 
apache.
and will not overwrite old install...

It's easier with apache 2.0 :)

regards,

E.M

Ron McKeever wrote:

>_____________________________________________________________________
>GRAND JEU SMS : Pour gagner un NOKIA 7650, envoyez le mot IF au 61321
>(prix d'un SMS + 0.35 euro). Un SMS vous dira si vous avez gagné.
>Règlement : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/sign.sms
>
>  
>

_____________________________________________________________________
Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie instantanée de France