Subject: Apache-SSL vs mod_ssl

From: rmck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:11:50 -0800 (PST)

Whats the benefit of mod_ssl compared to Apache-SSL???

Thanks
Rob
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:08:54 -0800

> Whats the benefit of mod_ssl compared to Apache-SSL???

mod_ssl is derived originally from Apache SSL
mod_ssl is more widely used than Apache SSL
Apache SSL supports Apache 1.x
mod_ssl supports Apache 1.x and 2.x

Cheers

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:24:01 -0500 (EST)

> Whats the benefit of mod_ssl compared to Apache-SSL???

Bells and whistles that you may or may not need.  Suggest you look over
the list of supported configuration directives for each to see which one
better fits your site.

Note that Apache 2.0 includes mod_ssl as part of the standard
distribution.

--Cliff