Subject: No such module 'ssl'

From: "Alex Kirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:01:12 GMT

Since my question about MAGIC_COOKIE_EAPI was never answered, I'm coming 
back at the same general problem from a different angle. 

I'm still trying to compile Apache 1.3.26 with Mod_SSL 2.8.10. Following the 
instructions, I've successfully compiled OpenSSL 0.9.6g; however, I didn't 
"fully" put it onto my system, it's currently living in 
/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g. Next, I configured mod_ssl with that location 
of OpenSSL; it had no problems. However, when I try to configure Apache with 
this line: 

SSL_BASE=/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g/ ./configure --enable-module=ssl 
 --prefix=/usr/local/apache/ --enable-module=so 
 --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a 
 --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a 

I get an immediate error of "configure:Error: No such module named 'ssl'". 

This would seem to be something pretty obvious/basic. What might I be doing 
wrong here? 

Alex Kirk
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Jose Correia (J)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:58:20 +0200

Hi Alex

Why are you using:

--with-ssl=../apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/

instead of --with-ssl=../openssl_0.9.6a  (or whatever version you
have) ??

Cheers
Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Kirk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 05 September 2002 21:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: No such module 'ssl'

> Hi Alex 
> 
> I think he meant you to run ./configure from the mod_ssl
installation
> directory and not the apache one.

Still getting problems with that: 

bash-2.04# pwd
/home/packages/mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26
bash-2.04# SSL_BASE=/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g/ ./configure 
 --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --with-layout=Apache 
 --with-ssl=../apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/
--prefix=/usr/local/apache/ 
 --enable-module=so --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a 
 --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
Configuring mod_ssl/2.8.10 for Apache/1.3.26
+ Apache location: ../apache_1.3.26 (Version 1.3.26)
+ OpenSSL location: ../apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/
+ Auxiliary patch tool: ./etc/patch/patch (local)
+ Applying packages to Apache source tree:
  o Extended API (EAPI)
  o Distribution Documents
  o SSL Module Source
  o SSL Support
  o SSL Configuration Additions
  o SSL Module Documentation
  o Addons
Done: source extension and patches successfully applied. 

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.26
+ using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
+ activated perl module (modules/perl/libperl.a)
+ activated php4 module (modules/php4/libphp4.a)
configure:Error: No such module named 'ssl'
./configure:Error: APACI failed 

I even checked for a libssl.a in apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/; there

wasn't one, but I found one in openssl-0.9.6g/ and copied it over.
That 
didn't work, either. 

You'd really think this wouldn't be so complex... 

Alex Kirk