Subject: apache 2.0.39 + mod_ssl.so

From: "Sauer, Adrian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 14:01:09 +0200

...this error occurs during start with "-DSSL":
Cannot load /opt/apache_2.0.39/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/opt/apache_2.0.39/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_free

here is how i build it:
- tar -xzvf httpd....
- cd httpd
- ./configure --prefix="/opt/sauer/local/httpd" --enable-mods-shared=all
--disable-auth-digest --enable-deflate --disable-cern-meta
--disable-usertrack --disable-unique-id --enable-ssl
- make -j3
- make install

# ldd httpd
        libz.so.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1 (0x4001b000)
        libaprutil.so.0 => /opt/apache_2.0.39/lib/libaprutil.so.0
(0x40029000)
        libgdbm.so.2 => /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.2 (0x4003b000)
        libdb-3.3.so => /usr/lib/libdb-3.3.so (0x40041000)
        libexpat.so.0 => /opt/apache_2.0.39/lib/libexpat.so.0 (0x400c1000)
        libapr.so.0 => /opt/apache_2.0.39/lib/libapr.so.0 (0x400de000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/libm.so.6 (0x400fc000)
        libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x4011e000)
        libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x4014b000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40161000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40165000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4017c000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

# ldd mod_ssl.so
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40030000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

# ldd --version
ldd (GNU libc) 2.2.5
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

i also tried to install it with the installed version of openssl0.9.6d and
option "--with-ssl=/opt/openssl0.9.6d", but the same error occurs

what can i do ? 

thanx
  Adrian Sauer
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:39:29 -0400 (EDT)

> /opt/apache_2.0.39/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_free

This is a frequently asked question.  Please see (among other places):

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8034

--Cliff