Subject: CRL verification failed on apache-mod_ssl 2.0.40

From: "Omar TANTAOUI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:32:29 +0100

Hi everybody

I am using Apache 2.0.40 with mod_ssl 2.0.40-11 on a Linux Redhat 8.0.
I have configured apache in order to have a secured area where clients must
authenticate themselves with certificates. Until this point everything works
fine.

But when I added the crl verification feature, I got the followin errror
message:

[Fri Jan 10 12:21:09 2003] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not
accepted by client!?
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:09 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:11 2003] [warn] Invalid signature on CRL
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:11 2003] [error] Certificate Verification: Error (8): CRL
signature failure
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:11 2003] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not
accepted by client!?
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:11 2003] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
192.168.2.237:443, client 192.168.2.178)
[Fri Jan 10 12:21:11 2003] [error] SSL Library Error: 336130161
error:1408F071:lib(20):func(143):reason(113) 

Apache says that crl signature is wrong but when I verify it using the
openssl command line, the result is OK !?

Has anybody experienced this problem ? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.