Subject: error 18 at 0 depth lookup (in "make certificate")

From: Martin Kraemer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 11:59:24 +0200

When invoking (at the end of the apache+mod_ssl build process)
the suggested "make certificate TYPE=custom", I see an error message
flashing by (``error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate'')
followed by a line ``OK''.  Which one is correct? The error
(well, root certificates are always self-signed, aren't they?) or
the "OK"?

> STEP 3: Generating X.509 certificate for CA signed by itself [ca.crt]
> Certificate Version (1 or 3) [3]:
> Signature ok
> subject=/C=DE/ST=Bavaria/L=Munich/O=Fujitsu-Siemens Intranet/OU=Certificate Authority/CN=Apache Web Server Development CA/emailAddress=[email-masked]
> Getting Private key
> Verify: matching certificate & key modulus
> Verify: matching certificate signature
> ../conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt: /C=DE/ST=Bavaria/L=Munich/O=Fujitsu-Siemens Intranet/OU=Certificate Authority/CN=Apache Web Server Development CA/emailAddress=[email-masked]
> error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
> OK

Is there a trick to suppress the "error 18"?

   Martin
-- 
<[email-masked]>         |     Fujitsu Siemens
Fon: +49-89-636-46021, FAX: +49-89-636-47655 | 81730  Munich,  Germany
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]