Subject: RE: Configuring Multiple Certicates SSL over an unique IP

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:26:58 +0100

Don't forget:

Listen 192.168.1.2:443 
Listen 192.168.1.3:443

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Viertel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Dienstag, 5. November 2002 14:17
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Configuring Multiple Certicates SSL over an unique IP

I'm thinking you need to use Virtual Host directives - as others have 
replied, you already know that NameVirtualHost wont help - so you need 
to put each virtual host on a different IP. (or different port if no 
spare IP's_).

firstly - configure your operating system to receive all the ip's you 
want to use - usually via ip-aliases - something you can do in unix and 
windows, but dont ask me how in windows.

an example:

your real ip is 192.168.1.2 , and you set up 192.168.1.3  as an extra
alias.

I'm assuming you started with httpd.conf as provided with mod_ssl - this
should have the basic SSL configuration bits.

Then in your httpd.conf near the end, in the <IfDefine SSL> section, 
create a VHost for each cert/ip you want.

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443>
        ServerName www.cert1domain.com
        SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/cert1.key
        SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/cert1.crt
        SSLEngine on
        ...other conf...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3:443>
        ServerName www.cert2domain.com
        SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/cert2.key
        SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/cert2.crt
        SSLEngine on
        ...other conf...
</VirtualHost>

[email-masked] wrote:

>Hello,
>
> There are some way to configuring the Apache Server to utilize
multiple 
>certificates SSL, over an unique ip, once for each virtual domain ?
>
> What the Apache configure sintax ?
>
>Alex Moraes
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
>

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Peter Viertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 00:23:56 +0000

The default:

Listen 443

achieves this already. Is there some advantage to doing separate Listen's?