Subject: Dumb SSL question.

From: "Ladner, Eric (Eric.Ladner)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:22:40 -0600

How can I enable mod_ssl and apache to use SSL encryption for browser to
server
communication without having to have the user accept a certificate?

I've noticed several sites do this on the web without asking for you
to accept or reject a certificate.  Basically, I want to use encryption, but
not have the user intervene to enable/disable it.

Thanks,

Eric Ladner

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Peter Stöhr <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:42:30 +0200

Hi Eric,

For example you can buy a certificate from Thawte (www.thawte.com) or
Verisign (www.verisign.com)

I hope, this was helpful.

Rgds, Peter Stoehr
GAYNET.AT

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]Im Auftrag von Ladner, Eric
(Eric.Ladner)
Gesendet: Dienstag, 02. April 2002 22:23
An: [email-masked]'
Betreff: Dumb SSL question.

Thanks,

Eric Ladner

---

From: "Andrew Lietzow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:07:55 -0600

Eric Ladner wrote....
RE:>>Basically, I want to use encryption, but not have the user intervene to
enable/disable it.

------------------
In IE 5.5;
Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level... Enable "Don't prompt for
Client Certificate..."
(or is it "Disable" -- it's a double negative and I always had trouble with
those... :-)

Don't know if this will help but it SEEMS like it could address your
question from the client side.

Good luck!

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.