Subject: Re: Can Apache proxy authentication be done via SSL?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:23:19

** Reply to note from NickM <[email-masked]> Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:04:09 +0100 (CET)
>   
> Quoting Kyle Tucker <[email-masked]>:
>   
>   
>   
> But like I said, for simply checking the IP youd be better scripting
> it I  think. Not sure its helping you here but some simple ideas that
> might give you  some.

One thing to remember, IP addresses only count if you assign them to a
client, or know they won't chage on you.  

DSL addresses _sometimes_ change.  Dial-up users usually get a new one
every time they call.  Proxies can show many hosts coming from one
address, and the killer is AOL where I've seen a page reqiest and the
images that go with the page come from different addresses in one page
hit.

Rick

Rick Widmer
Internet Marketing Specialists
http://www.developersdesk.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]