Subject: Is OpenSSL + ModSSL 128 bit encryption capable?

From: "Jindo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 21:07:27 +0800

Good Day,

My web server softwares are:

- OpenSSL 0.96g
- mod_ssl 2.8.10
- Apache 1.26

My ISP told me this combination could only support 40-bit cipher
strength.  However, on mod_ssl official page, I did see:

   128-bit strong cryptography world-wide

In order to clarify this, would experienced modssl users confirm it for
me that I could

1. Buy 128-bit certificate from CA
2. Install the CA on my server with the above configuration
3. Browser with 128-bit cipher strength may communicate with my server
using 128-bit encryption.

Thanks :-)

Yours truly,

Jindo

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Randy Katz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:37:37 -0700

Yes, it works.

-- 
---
Take care,
Randy Katz