Subject: modssl problem on ultrasparc under linux

From: Weeve <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:59:16 -0400

Hello,

I'm currently experiencing a problem running modssl on ultrasparc under
linux.  modssl compiles and installs fine but when apache is started with
ssl support, it no longer seems to respond to requests to either port 80
or 443.  Basically you can initiate a tcp connection to the port but once
apache takes over it hangs.  If you start it up without modssl it works
fine.  

I can reproduce this on multiple systems.  

Any thoughts/hints/suggestions?

Thanks,
Weeve

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Weeve <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:06:22 -0400

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:59:16 -0400
Weeve <[email-masked]> wrote:

> linux.  modssl compiles and installs fine but when apache is started
> with ssl support, it no longer seems to respond to requests to either
> port 80 or 443.  Basically you can initiate a tcp connection to the port
> but once apache takes over it hangs.  If you start it up without modssl
> it works fine.  

Some follow-up information;

The error logs for apache don't show anything in relation to this problem.
 According to them everything is running fine (both error_log and
ssl-error_log).

I read the FAQ on the site and looked at question
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC20 as it seems to be very
similar to this setup but as far as I can tell I have things setup
correctly.

I'm currently using kernel 2.4.20, gcc-3.2.2 and glibc-2.3.1 to build
this.  

If I build it with gcc-2.95.3 and glibc-2.2.5 it works.

Weeve