Subject: RE: RAND function using OpenSSL 0.9.7

From: "Frederic DONNAT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:29:57 +0200

Cliff,

I compile using --enable-rule=SSL_EXPERIMENTAL like i ve seen it inorder to enable Openssl "ENGINE" use. (also set SSLCryptoDevice ".." in /conf/httpd.conf)

As i said it works fine for symetric (cipher, digest) and asymetric (RSA, DSA, DH) stuff! only rand one seems invalid.

In fact in OpenSSL 0.9.7 i have to change some part of code in apps/s_client.c (just call "e = setup_engine(bio_err, engine_id, 1);" before any RAND function call) to be able to use RAND redirection.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From:	Cliff Woolley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Mon 07/15/2002 7:16 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Cc:	
Subject:	Re: RAND function using OpenSSL 0.9.7

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Frederic DONNAT wrote:

> I try using OpenSSL0.9.7 with a crypto accelerator and it works fine
> for asymetric and symetric stuff, but it fails when trying to use
> ENGINE random (rand engine is not used, everything is done with
> classic software random).

Don't you have to compile mod_ssl with SSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE or
something like that?  Did you do that?  Or are you even talking about
mod_ssl here?

--Cliff

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]