From: Peter Burkholder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:38:33 -0700

I returned to an issue I'd had some time ago with older MSIE 5.x browsers.
I seemed to have solved the problem by making sure that all content is now
being fetched over https.  Previously I'd had some CSS and javascript coming
over straight http, which might raise an error in newer browsers, but seems
to cause MSIE 5.0 and 5.2 to choke completely.

Does Ralf read these posts?  It may have been obvious to more seasoned SSL
users out there, but if the FAQ had included this line.

    Older MSIE 5.x browsers may choke completely if trying to load pages that
    are a mix of HTTP and HTTPS.  

I would have been saved much time and anguish.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Burkholder, System Administrator
Digital Library for Earth System Education (DLESEÂ® -- http://www.dlese.org)
[email-masked]
DLESE Program Center (DPC)                               ~~~  ~~  ~~~~   __o
UCAR/DPC, P.O. Box 3000       Ph) +1-303-497-2663      ~~~  ~~~~ ~~    _`\<,_
Boulder, CO 80307-3000        Fx) +1 303-497-8336 ~~~~ ~~~   ~~~~     (*)/ (*)
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]