Subject: Failure to load mod_ssl under NT/apache 2.0

From: Alex Moon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:37:20 +0100

I've been trying to get apache 2.0.39 +modssl to work under winNT. 
 But i am failing at what seems like the first hurdle i.e. i cannot seem to get the 
apache mod_ssl.so module to load.  It comes up with the following:

Cannot load C:/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: The operating 
system cannot run %1

Any ideas greatfully received as I cannot see what I have done 
wrong,  

Alex

Technical Manager
Online Learning Support Unit
Middlesex University Business School

[email-masked]
020 8411 5092

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Brendan Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:46:04 +1000

> Cannot load C:/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server: The operating 

Experienced the same prob myself just yesterday. Consider the
following checklist:

* Download Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.10-OpenSSL_0.9.6d-Win32.zip
  from www.modssl.org/contrib

* Download latest OpenSSL binary for Win32 from same location

* Unzip the apache archive into where you want your Apache to live

* Unzip the OpenSSL archive where you want your OpenSSl to live

* Ensure that your Path (System variable) is set to include the OpenSSL
  directory (wherever you chose to install it). (You can set the path
  by hitting Windows and Pause/Break keys, which will bring up the System
  Properties dialog. Under NT you select Environment tab and then select Path
  from the list of System Variables, then type to change it).
  As an additional measure, you may find that copying the .dll files (that
  are in the same directory as openssl.exe) to WINNT/System32 helps (although
  setting the path should also achieve the same end result)

* Make sure your httpd.conf includes both the LoadModule and AddModule
  directives

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. I can also forward you some
troubleshooting emails (provided to me by a colleague) if the above does not
help?

Good luck!
Brendan