Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question - Thanks

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 19:00:42 +0000

Hi,

If i upgrade our current Apache 1.3.20 server with mod_ssl built using:

Apache_1.3.20-Mod_SSL_2.8.4-OpenSSL_0.9.6a-WIN32.zip

to Apache 1.3.26 server with mod_ssl built using the following file:

Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6d-WIN32.zip,

would i have to re-create my SSL certificate.

My question is in light of the fact that the OpenSSL versions is different 
in each of these files.

Any feedback on the stability of the new file would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Bye,
-Jim.

Sorry Jim

You'd have to wait for Monday. I haven't installed perl anymore and the
build script require that unfortunatley. First got to install perl on
monday in my W2K VMWare.

Bye
Tim

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:12:00 +0000
"Jim Lee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Thanks a lot Tim.

Words cannot express the sense of relief and gratitude that i am feeling

right now.

I would be eagerly looking tomorrow for the file :
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6d-WIN32.zip
at the following location :
http://www.modssl.org/contrib/

Thanks a million again.

Bye,
-Jim.

Hi Jim

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:48:38 +0000
"Jim Lee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance.

I wish to create a file similar to the following one:
Apache_1.3.20-Mod_SSL_2.8.4-OpenSSL_0.9.6a-WIN32.zip,

namely,
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip,

I need this file so that i can upgrade my current Apache 1.3.20 server
with mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.26 server with mod_ssl.

I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler on my desk and have no idea how i
could get the above file from the apache_1.3.26.tar.gz and the
mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz and the openssl-0.9.6c.tar.gz files.

I've got a VC++ 6.0 compiler at my desk and have already compiled the
stuff myself before on W32. I will do this tomorrow, however I will use
openssl 0.9.6d ....

I'll try to put it in the contrib area.

Bye
Tim

Any help from my friends would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

From: "Gilles Gros" <[email-masked]>

What is really your question ?

Just download the source and compile it.

apache 1.3.26 : http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache_1.3.26.tar.gz
mod SSL 2.8.9-1.3.26 :
http://www.modssl.org/source/mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz

Gilles

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x file
from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released
recently.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Jim Lee wrote:

We have been unable to find the above Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x file in
the http://www.modssl.org/contrib/ area.

Nobody's contributed one yet.  I imagine it won't be that far off, it
usually doesn't take too long.

We also wish to know if the SSL certificate has to be re-created after
Apache is upgraded to 1.3.26 with the new mod_SSL.

No.

--Cliff

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Steve Romero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:50:48 -0500

Jim,

It would probably be a good idea to back up your old certificate before 
upgrading.  The certificate is bound to the name of your server or the URL 
of your website, and not the version of Apache that is running, so you can 
reuse it.  At least this is true with UNIX.  I'm not a Windows man myself.

Regards,
Steve Romero