Subject: simple question

From: Peter Choe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:24:19 -0400

i am very new to mod_ssl. i am trying to figure out how to set up some
specific directories to accept ssl connection. i have looked at the
documentation and the mail archives, but was unable to decpiher how to do this.
when i look at the httpd.conf file, i saw a documentroot specifing the root
directory of my webserver. if i changed that to a directory below, it
doesn't seem to affect whether or not the root document is no longer ssl
enable.

any help would be appreciated.

Peter Choe

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:41:53 +0200

>From: Peter Choe [mailto:[email-masked]]
>

The basic idea is that you define a port-based virtual host to serve the SSL content. This looks something like:

Listen 443
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>
  SSLEngine on
  SSLCertificateFile path/to/cert
  SSLCertificateKeyFile path/to/key
  DocumentRoot path/to/ssl/dir
  ...
</VirtualHost>

Now when you hit https://yourserver/ you will get this VH on port 443 via an SSL channel.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle