Subject: SSL/TLS-aware Apache

From: Syed Sadiqur Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

I've installed the apache on my computer running windows 2000 

Now I'm trying to implement SSL with Apache. i.e. I want to use https instead of http. 

I've done so far is when I type "http:\\localhost"  in the browser I see an HTML file that says:
Hey, it worked !
The SSL/TLS-aware Apache webserver was
successfully installed on this website.
............ 
But If I type https instead of http it doest work. What can I now  ?

I'm using modssl + openssl.
Could you please suggest me ?

Sadiq

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:14:57 +0200

> successfully installed on this website.

By default, a newly installed apache has a single virtualhost on port 80
which contains the "Hey it worked!" page and all the documentation.
HTTPS uses port 443 by default - check you have a "Listen 443" or "Port
443" directive in your config file

It also sounds like you haven't created any content yet. At the very
least, you need to create an SSL virtualhost (i.e. some webpages behind
the SSL port, 443). 

Follow the link on the "Hey it worked!" page into the documentation and
read about VirtualHosts. 

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]