Subject: make fails - no flex

From: "Petryczka, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:24:18 -0400

My apache make fails with:
Error: Cannot load flex.

I never heard of flex.  Is this just a fancy lex?  Can i substitute lex for
flex in the makefile?  I'm on HPUX11.0.
Else can i download flex from somewhere?

Also the spot in the makefile where flex is called is referred to in comment
as "Developer Area" - does this mean i can just comment it all out?

-george
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:37:13 -0400 (EDT)

> Else can i download flex from somewhere?

fast lex.  It's GNU's lex.  But you shouldn't need it.  In the mod_ssl
build directory, do the following:

touch ssl_expr_parse.c
touch ssl_expr_parse.h
touch ssl_expr_scan.h

And then it shouldn't try to use flex anymore.  What version of
mod_ssl and Apache is this, by the way?

--Cliff