Subject: POST / SSL / Client Certificates Problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 03:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

I'm using Apache 2 beta, mod_ssl (obviously), and a few self-signed client
certificates.

My problem is that when I try to POST to a .cgi file, I get the following
error:

"Method not allowed!
The POST method is not allowed for the requested URL."

I've seen this error listed on quite a few pages, but I've seen no
solutions... and they were all dated year 2000.  Has there been any
solution for this?  I'm not sure what to do, but it is necessary for me to
use this configuration (POST/SSL/Client Certificates).

I apologize if this has been solved and I'm annoyingly asking "again"..
but I've been looking all over the place for the past 2 hours and found
nothing.

Thanks for your time.. and I hope someone knows better than me!  :)

--
Dusty D. Wilson
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:55:41 -0500 (CDT)

I guess I should have included a little more information.

The Apache log shows this error:

"mod_ssl: SSL Re-negotiation in conjunction with POST method
not supported!"

Sorry 'bout that.  Thanks!

--
Dusty D. Wilson

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 15:17:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> I'm using Apache 2 beta, mod_ssl (obviously), and a few self-signed
> client certificates. My problem is that when I try to POST to a .cgi
> file, I get the following error: "Method not allowed! The POST method is
> not allowed for the requested URL."

This is a known issue with mod_ssl for Apache 2.0... it's on the
modules/ssl/TODO list.

Thanks,
Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Apache HTTP Server Project