Subject: SSL Hardware acceleration questions . . .

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:37:23 +0000

Dear all,
     Has anyone had any experience with hardware acceleration?
specifically:

How easy is it to get MOD_SSL to be configured with hardware SSL cards (any
cards to avoid/recommend).
We have Sun hardware (so Sun/Sonicwall ?)

Does anything need to be recompiled? which versions of OpenSSL are
supported etc.
Any specific experiences with iAS would be excellent.

What are the performance advantages?
Anything tio watch out for?

TIA
Mikey

All telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.

E-mail communication is not secure and may be intercepted
by a third party. This message is confidential to the intended addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately and then
delete this message. Virgin One account does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. Although Virgin One account
believes this e-mail is free of any virus or other defect which may affect a
computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is
virus free and Virgin One account does not accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from its use.

The Virgin One account is a secured personal bank account with The Royal Bank
of Scotland plc administered by Virgin Direct Personal Finance Ltd. It is an
Introducer representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd,
which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority for life insurance,
pension and unit trust business and represents only the Virgin Money marketing
group.

Registered office: Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2TH, UK.
Registered in England no 3414708.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: lgazis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:48:29 -0800

Fairly easy.  For those hardware accelerators which are supported by the
OpenSSL engine version, all you need to do is to compile modSSL with the
engine version of OpenSSL (present as a separate version of OpenSSL from
OpenSSL 0.9.6 on), and include a line in httpd.conf setting SSLCryptoDevice
to the engine you wish to use.

I've set this up on Solaris, HP UX, AIX, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Lynn Gazis

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 9:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SSL Hardware acceleration questions . . .

Dear all,

TIA
Mikey

The Virgin One account is a secured personal bank account with The Royal
Bank
of Scotland plc administered by Virgin Direct Personal Finance Ltd. It is an
Introducer representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service
Ltd,
which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority for life insurance,
pension and unit trust business and represents only the Virgin Money
marketing
group.