Subject: apache+mod_ssl & kill -USR1

From: Roman V Moroz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:11:41 +0200

Hi!

Is there possiblity to restart Apache with mod_ssl graceful (with kill -USR1 
httpd)?

F.A.Q. @ official site didn't help me :(

--------------------------------------------------------------
Roman V Moroz                   IT-Ukraine ltd
Chief of Network Department     
NIC-HDL: VIO13-RIPE             Zaporozhye,   Ukraine
http://www.moroz.zp.ua		http://www.it-ukraine.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Julian C. Dunn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:20:53 -0500 (EST)

> Is there possiblity to restart Apache with mod_ssl graceful (with kill -USR1 

Yes, it's possible, but if you are adding or deleting new SSL virtual hosts,
you cannot use SIGUSR1; it needs a full restart.

Unless you're asking a totally different question or experiencing a specific
problem, in which case we need more details...

- Julian

-- 
Julian C. Dunn, B.A.Sc.   <[email-masked]>
Senior Software Developer, VerticalScope Inc.
111 Peter St., Suite 700, Toronto, ON
Tel: (416) 341-8950 x236  Fax: (416) 341-8959

istream >> ostream >> "We all scream for ice cream";