Subject: Internet Explorer and 3DES

From: "Matthew J. Fanto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 14:19:56 -0400

I am having a problem with mod_ssl and Internet Explorer 6.0. I have set 
mod_ssl to only allow 3DES CipherSuites (SSLCipherSuite 3DES:!MD5). All 
browsers handle this fine except Internet Explorer, which only works if RC4 
is enabled. When the user views the page, they see a "Cannot find server" 
message. I have checked the output of ssldump, and see that the 
client/server negotiate a cipher suite (SSL_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA). 
After ChangeCipherSpec the client closes the connection then reestablishes 
it. When it is reestablished, it gets to application_data, but the user 
never see's this. Can anyone point me in the right direction on solving this?

Matthew J. Fanto
[email-masked]
Computer Security Division
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]