Subject: mod_ssl and mod_webapp?

From: Wes Barris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:05:16 +1000

Can mod_ssl be used with mod_webapp?

I have apache httpd 1.3.22, jakarta tomcat 4.0.1, and mod_webapp working
on a couple systems (redhat and solaris).

I want to add mod_ssl to this mix.  I gather from the information
on www.modssl.org that the only way to gain ssl support in apache
httpd is to build both mod_ssl and apache from sources.  After
building according to the instructions at www.modssl.org, I get
this error when testing the httpd.conf file:

root@redhat# /usr/local/apache-ssl/bin/apachectl configtest
[Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
[Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] module mod_webapp.c is already added, skipping
Syntax OK

Is this something that needs to be fixed?  Am I doing something wrong
to get this error?

-- 
Wes Barris
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Phone: 07-3346-2504
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]