Subject: Problems with SSLSessionCache

From: Loyless Jerrod A Contr ESC/NI7S1 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:52:59 -0600

> I am getting the following message each time my server tries to cache a
> session id in my dbm file:
> 
> [31/Mar/2004 16:03:34 01122] [trace] Inter-Process Session Cache:
> request=SET status=BAD
> id=E05AA054474E712D1E59220EE8A07E46523457EC557ACF1730DB2B319931C106
> timeout=1199s (session caching)
> 
> I know I haven't given much information, but any ideas?
> 
> I also get this when it tries to reuse a session:
> 
> [31/Mar/2004 16:03:27 01120] [trace] Inter-Process Session Cache:
> request=GET status=MISSED
> id=6E353CAC3C6970AA0EC526304B7DBC97A6CC1451C014B39F9276342D1B870970
> (session renewal)
> 
	This only occurs when I turn on client authentication.  It works
fine with plain ssl.

	Jerrod

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:29:56 -0500

On April 2, 2004 09:52 am, Loyless Jerrod A Contr ESC/NI7S1 wrote:
> > I am getting the following message each time my server tries to cache
> > a session id in my dbm file:
> >

That would indicate (probably) that the session is too big, as they 
include client certs in when client-auth is being used. You didn't 
mention which session cache type you're using - what's the 
SSLSessionCache directive in your config? Also, if you run with tracing 
on and you get a "GET/MISSED", can you check backwards from there for a 
log message with the same id byte-string, hopefully it's a "PUT/MISSED" 
or something like that, indicating that the session store failed.

Cheers,
Geoff

-- 
Geoff Thorpe
[email-masked]
http://www.geoffthorpe.net/

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]