Subject: mod_ssl for apache 1.3.24?

From: Jimmy Lantz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:18:41 +0100

Hi
Just wanted to know if there's a mod_ssl version for apache 1.3.24?
Since the current version will not compile with apache 1.3.24.
/ Jimmy
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:29:20 -0500 (EST)

> Since the current version will not compile with apache 1.3.24.

I'm sure it's on the way soon.

But if you're in a huge hurry and absolutely can't wait, you can use the
--force parameter to mod_ssl's configure script.  2.8.7 *will* apply to
1.3.24 with no patching failures (some warnings, but no errors)... I know
because I tried it.  ;)  Granted, that's the exception rather than the
rule... but it does happen to work for this particular version.

--Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Apache HTTP Server Project

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:35:55 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> --force parameter to mod_ssl's configure script.

Just to be clear: this method is NOT recommended.  If you can wait for the
next version, I strongly urge you to do so.  [In other words, --force at
your own risk. :]

--Cliff

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:21:22 +0100

> next version, I strongly urge you to do so.  [In other words, --force at
Usually there is a new version of mod_ssl within a week after apache is
released - which IMHO means that it is worth to wait (especially since
this release of Apache only fixes security on windoze).

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Austin Gonyou <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2002 23:09:02 -0600

> this release of Apache only fixes security on windoze).

Not true. For those using mod_rewrite, it's been broken in some
instances in 1.3.23. I'd rather wait anyway, but you know, there is
that. 

-- 
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA
Coremetrics, Inc.
Phone: 512-698-7250
email: [email-masked]

"It is the part of a good shepherd to shear his flock, not to skin it."
Latin Proverb