Subject: newbie question: ssl_mutex

From: Auri Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:05:43 +0200 (CEST)

Hi group,

I've made an installation of apache(1.3.24)+openssl+mod_ssl an all was 
working with a non priviledged user.
Now I wont to run http on port 80/443 but:

[Fri Apr  5 08:24:23 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Child could not open SSLMutex 
lockfile /home/mds/apache/logs/ssl_mutex.28153 (System error follows)
[Fri Apr  5 08:24:23 2002] [error] System: Permission denied (errno: 13)

As a root I start apache (./bin/apachectl sslstart), but inside httpd.conf 
I've set that the running user is nobody.

[root@auri apache]# ll
total 40
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr  5 08:05 bin
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 cgi-bin
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:32 conf
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 htdocs
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 icons
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 include
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 libexec
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root         4096 Apr  5 08:25 logs
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root         4096 Apr  4 16:21 man
drwxr-xr-x    2 nobody   nobody       4096 Apr  4 16:21 proxy
[root@auri apache]#

The message shown an access denied and it's true because:
[root@daniele1 apache]# ll logs/
total 1324
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            0 Apr  4 16:21 access_log
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root       673237 Apr  5 09:03 error_log
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            6 Apr  5 09:03 httpd.pid
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root       665799 Apr  5 09:03 ssl_engine_log
-rw-------    1 nobody   root            0 Apr  5 09:03 ssl_mutex.31732
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root            0 Apr  4 16:21 ssl_request_log
-rw-------    1 nobody   root            0 Apr  5 09:03 ssl_scache.dir
-rw-------    1 nobody   root            0 Apr  5 09:03 ssl_scache.pag
[root@daniele1 apache]#

ONLY root can read ssl_mutex file....

What's wrong? Anyone of you can help me? 

TIA, Auri

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]