Subject: I have know idea on this one

From: Mark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 21:28:47 -0800

Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [warn] pid file
/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of
previous Apache run?
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable
to set group id to Group 4294967295
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable
to set group id to Group 4294967295
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable
to set group id to Group 4294967295
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable
to set group id to Group 4294967295
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.5
OpenSSL/0.9.6b configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: fcntl (Default: fcntl)

[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] Child 777 returned a Fatal error...
Apache is exiting!
[Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [alert] (22)Invalid argument: setgid: unable
to set group id to Group 4294967295
[Tue Mar  5 21:22:19 2002] [warn] pid file
/usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of
previous Apache run?
[Tue Mar  5 21:22:19 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.5
OpenSSL/0.9.6b configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Mar  5 21:22:19 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: fcntl (Default: fcntl)

Running on Sun platform. I have re-done everything with different
permission settings and not changes. I have a group called apache and an
user called apache. ( this was recommended for someone else ) and still
the same problem.

I can't any info on it either. Any guru's like to shed a little light?

Mark

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 00:51:31 -0500 (EST)

> [Tue Mar  5 21:11:21 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.5

Your system does not support a GID of -1 (2^32-1 = 429467295).  Apache's
install scripts are supposed to test your system to see whether it
supports this GID or not and pick a different one if it doesn't, but due
to a bug in the install script in Apache 1.3.22, that feature was broken
in that release.  So just go into your config file and pick a different
gid, and you'll be set (or upgrade to a newer Apache ;).

--Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   Apache HTTP Server Project
   [email-masked]

---

From: "Casper Gondelach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:57:10 +0100

If i see so, it seems that the group id 4294967295 is FAR to high.. this
highest number is something around 64000 i thought. Just lower it.

Casper

---

From: "Mark J. Matheson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:10:32 -0800

> gid, and you'll be set (or upgrade to a newer Apache ;).

Thank you, Sir..much appreciated

---

From: "Mark J. Matheson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 22:25:54 -0800

> > I can't any info on it either. Any guru's like to shed a little light?

Thanks for the info...Cliff had the same advice and it is working just
fine...thank you...I just have ANOTHER learning curve to go through