Subject: Macs not able to access 128bit Security sites?

From: "Vince Montuoro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:48:04 +1000

Hi guys,
Just wondered if anyone encountered issues with Macs not able to access 128 bit encrypted sites?  

(The Particular Mac in question is a Powerbook G3  )

I have also encountered problems with IE5 and IE6 where by the only way I could get access to the site was by upgrading the security patches on the IE version. Mac on the other hand has 128 bit encryption standard.

PLEASE HELP

Vince
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Ben Ricker <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 08:25:18 -0500

The cipher is located within the browsers which is different then the
way Microsoft puts it in the system (hence the patch to upgrade the
cipher).

Anyway, I use IE 5.1 for Mac on OS9 and have no problem with 128-bit
sites. Are you using OSX?

Ben Ricker
Web Security System Administrator
Wellinx.com