Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question - Thanks

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:12:00 +0000

Thanks a lot Tim.

Words cannot express the sense of relief and gratitude that i am feeling 
right now.

I would be eagerly looking tomorrow for the file :
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6d-WIN32.zip
at the following location :
http://www.modssl.org/contrib/

Thanks a million again.

Bye,
-Jim.

Hi Jim

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:48:38 +0000
"Jim Lee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance.

I wish to create a file similar to the following one:
Apache_1.3.20-Mod_SSL_2.8.4-OpenSSL_0.9.6a-WIN32.zip,

namely,
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip,

I need this file so that i can upgrade my current Apache 1.3.20 server
with mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.26 server with mod_ssl.

I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler on my desk and have no idea how i
could get the above file from the apache_1.3.26.tar.gz and the
mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz and the openssl-0.9.6c.tar.gz files.

I've got a VC++ 6.0 compiler at my desk and have already compiled the
stuff myself before on W32. I will do this tomorrow, however I will use
openssl 0.9.6d ....

I'll try to put it in the contrib area.

Bye
Tim

Any help from my friends would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

From: "Gilles Gros" <[email-masked]>

What is really your question ?

Just download the source and compile it.

apache 1.3.26 : http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache_1.3.26.tar.gz
mod SSL 2.8.9-1.3.26 :
http://www.modssl.org/source/mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz

Gilles

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x file
from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released
recently.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Jim Lee wrote:

We have been unable to find the above Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x file in
the http://www.modssl.org/contrib/ area.

Nobody's contributed one yet.  I imagine it won't be that far off, it
usually doesn't take too long.

We also wish to know if the SSL certificate has to be re-created after
Apache is upgraded to 1.3.26 with the new mod_SSL.

No.

--Cliff

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Tassonis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:56:32 +0200

Sorry Jim

You'd have to wait for Monday. I haven't installed perl anymore and the
build script require that unfortunatley. First got to install perl on
monday in my W2K VMWare.

Bye
Tim

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:12:00 +0000