Subject: install Net::SSLeay cause problems with apache libssl.so

From: Brian Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:42:29 +1300

Hello,

I recently installed the perl SSLeay module.  After I did this, the 
mod_ssl apache module stopped working and my browser gives me the 
following error when trying to connect via https:

Unable to connect, SSL_connect() failed: [397:error:140770FC:SSL 
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol:s23_clnt.c:460: ]

Until I installed SSLeay the apache config worked perfectly.  The 
appache error log does not show any messages when a browser attempts to 
access via SSL.  I am not 100% sure that the SSLeay install caused my 
problems, but I have not found anything else could have interfered with 
my installed system.

Can anyone suggest what may have happened, or a good way to trouble 
shoot this problem?

Thank you

-Brian Young

Software versions:
   Mac OS X 10.1.2
   Apache/1.3.22 (Darwin)
   mod_ssl/2.8.5
   OpenSSL/0.9.5a.
   NET::SSLeay v1.12

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Brian Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:58:21 +1300

I am sorry.  I spoke too soon.  I have gotten ssl working again and you 
can ignore this post.

-Brian Young