Subject: Apache 2 and client authenticaction

From: Juan Angel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:57:30 +0200

Hi all,

I have one Linux server with Apache 1.3.27 and it's configured for 
client authentication in one port.

When I connect with it at that port with IE 6.0.or Netscape 7.0 or 4.78, 
the server asks me the container's password that keeps the private key 
needed for authenticate me only one time.

But I have another with Apache 2.0.45, configured as the other one with 
1.3.27; it has the same SSL virtual hosts configuration options.

With this server, the server asks me the container's password that keeps 
the private key needed for authenticate me for every frame o picture 
that the page shows.

How can I get that the server with Apache 2.0.45 only asks me for the 
password one time like the other one with Apache 1.3.27?

Thanks in advance
Juanan

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Estrade Matthieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:24:28 +0200

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. On each new document (not in temp file 
of IE), my browser ask me to choose which client certificate i want to 
use for the secured web site.
Even if i have only one.
First, i was thinking it was because of the browser, so i looked into IE 
configuration, but i found nothing.
Then i look with apache in debug mode and i saw that the client seems to 
no send again the certificate.

Maybe it's a problem of session handling. i played with SessionCache 
parameters and SessionCacheTimeout, but nothing more happened.
I will try to find more debug information.

Regards,

Estrade Matthieu

Juan Angel Martin wrote:

> When I connect with it at that port with IE 6.0.or Netscape 7.0 or 
> 4.78, the server asks me the container's password that keeps the 
> private key needed for authenticate me only one time.
>
> But I have another with Apache 2.0.45, configured as the other one 
> with 1.3.27; it has the same SSL virtual hosts configuration options.
>
> With this server, the server asks me the container's password that 
> keeps the private key needed for authenticate me for every frame o 
> picture that the page shows.
>
> _____________________________________________________________________
> Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN Messenger
> http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie instantanée de France
>

_____________________________________________________________________
Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1ère messagerie instantanée de France