Subject: Apache, multiple (ip-based) vhosts and client authentication howto?

From: Bo Boe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 02:47:19 -0800 (PST)

I want to setup two webservers with different domains,
lets say www.domain1.com
and www.domain2.com

I want to host these webservers on a single apache
server using vhosts, but ............... There are two
different known clients accessing these webservers:
client1 and client2.

Now I want to issue an certificate certificate1 to
client1 which allows him to authenticate himself to
www.domain1.com using SSLVerifyClient require and

The other user get a certificate2 which allows him to
authenticate himself to www.domain2.com

client1 cannot access www.domain2.com and client2
cannot access www.domain1.com since they don't have
the apropriate certificates

Could anyone provide me with an example of vhosts.conf
file how to do this or at least explain how I could
make one myself. Thanks

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.
http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]