Subject: Determining if request was made via HTTPS

From: Ken Kittlitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:42:53 -0600

Hi all,

I'm writing an Apache module that needs to determine if a request came in 
via HTTP or HTTPS.  Does mod_ssl provide some interface that other modules 
can use to determine this? Clearly, mod_cgi figures this out somehow, 
because it correctly sets the "HTTPS" environment variable, but I don't 
understand how it figures this out.  I can't find anything in the request 
record that would let me tell the difference between an incoming HTTPS 
request and an HTTP one.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
---
Ken Kittlitz
Vice-President, Javien Canada Inc.
http://www.javien.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]