Subject: mod_ssl and mod_jk (Win32)

From: Paul Christmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:18:07 -0600

Environment:

Running Apache 2.0.43/OpenSSL 9.6.g as downloaded from 
hunter.campbus.com and mod_jk 1.2.1 for build 2.0.43 from jakarta.

Problem:

When I access the URL https://localhost/app, I *hope* to get the 
contents of index.html (i.e., https://localhost/app/index.html). 
Instead, my browser (Mozilla 1.0) reports a "Bad Request" error, 
indicating that there was a protocol error in accessing the URL 
"http://localhost:443/app/index.html".

Of course there will be a protocol error -- using http to talk to the 
https port!

Any ideas where that error might come from?  I assume its something 
happening with a redirect in Tomcat.

FWIW:

Each of the following URLs work fine (right now, I have Apache 
configured to take all connections either from http or https and forward 
to Tomcat):

+ http://localhost/app
+ http://localhost/app/index.html
+ https://localhost/app/index.html

Its only the https://localhost/app URL that's failing.

Thanks for any assistance,

Paul Christmann

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Christmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:25:21 -0600

Answering my own question in case anyone else ever encounters this:

Modify Tomcat's server.xml specifying scheme="https" (rather than 
scheme="http") for the Connector used to wire Apache and Tomcat.