Subject: Eliminate warning message from Netscape?

From: Brian Lavender <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:19:39 -0700

Is there a way to eliminate the warning message from Netscape
when you sign keys with your own CA?

I am still getting the warning message when I connect to my
Apache modssl server using Netscape after creating a server
key and signing it with my own CA. 

brian
-- 
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Rick Widmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:45:04 -0600

>when you sign keys with your own CA?

For your browser, you should be able to stop the warning by
accepting the certificate forever.  Each customer will have
to be convinced to do the same.

>key and signing it with my own CA.

The warning should be that the certificate is not signed by a
CA that is in the list of known certificates that come with
Netscape.  The only way to eliminate it for everyone without
trying to convince each individual hitting the site to accept
your certificate is to buy a certificate from a CA that is in
the list.

Rick