Subject: Apache 1.3.20 and ModSSL

From: "Jason Lawrence" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:09:18 -0400

I am trying to use two the Apache NameVirtualHost option with two sites
using different certificate files.

The two virtual hosts work however only the cert for the first specified
virtual host is recognized.  Is there anyway that you can get two
certificates working in Apache for the same IP address????

Jason Lawrence

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Louis Sabet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:15:41 +0100

Not at present. You need a unique IP address for each SSL site.

I believe discussions/proposals have been had/proposed, but nothing yet
has been done about them.

Regards,

L

On Fri, 17 May 2002 16:09:18 -0400

-- 
Louis Sabet <[email-masked]>
http://www.webtedium.com/

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:02:39 +0200

> certificates working in Apache for the same IP address????

It is impossible to have two distinct HTTPS virtualhosts on the same
socket (IP address/port no. pair). See:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC47
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl&m=98559369910170&w=2

Just to be clear, the issue is fundamental to the way HTTP works - it is
not a bug in apache or mod_ssl!

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.