Subject: apache java question

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

I know this might be more suited to the apache users list, but, there's
enough knowledgebase here I'm sure to answer a question as I work a
project with deadlines looming and little time to deal with an additional
list to join and parse over for info.  The project I'm engaged in is a
migration from sun/solaris/iPlanet to a linux/apache realm, with
apache/linux doing that VM game on the s390 <big iron>.  Now, though these
are and have always been deemed 'static' websites, and I have someplace
between 130-200 virtual sites to migrate, the concpet of static is a tad
different then the stanard view of 'static'.  Turns out many of my clients
are doing far more dynamic content then was  believed or understood till
we started to take a closer look at what functionality we needed to port
to apache to replace that clients have under iPlanet.  My clients are
doing a tad bit-o jave/jsp stuff.  So, my question<s> are;

what at least minimal java capability is provided with plain ole pache
without adding in a tomcat or websphere component.

does the installation of the java sdk provide any basic or additional
functionality to plain ole apache.

	if  so, what kinda httpd.conf references do I need to provide to
	point to either a jre or java bin for  my clients to make use of?

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]