Subject: RE: No such module 'ssl'

From: "Jose Correia (J)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:47:57 +0200

Hi Alex

I think he meant you to run ./configure from the mod_ssl installation
directory and not the apache one.

Regards
Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Kirk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 04 September 2002 23:48
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: No such module 'ssl'

> I think you should try "--with-ssl" option.

configure:Error: invalid option '--with-ssl=src/modules/ssl/' 

No, I don't think so. Thanks for the thought though. Any other ideas
on how 
I should be doing this? 

Alex Kirk 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Alex Kirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:48:35 GMT

> directory and not the apache one.

Still getting problems with that: 

bash-2.04# pwd
/home/packages/mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26
bash-2.04# SSL_BASE=/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g/ ./configure 
 --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26 --with-layout=Apache 
 --with-ssl=../apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/ --prefix=/usr/local/apache/ 
 --enable-module=so --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a 
 --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
Configuring mod_ssl/2.8.10 for Apache/1.3.26
+ Apache location: ../apache_1.3.26 (Version 1.3.26)
+ OpenSSL location: ../apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/
+ Auxiliary patch tool: ./etc/patch/patch (local)
+ Applying packages to Apache source tree:
  o Extended API (EAPI)
  o Distribution Documents
  o SSL Module Source
  o SSL Support
  o SSL Configuration Additions
  o SSL Module Documentation
  o Addons
Done: source extension and patches successfully applied. 

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.26
+ using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
+ activated perl module (modules/perl/libperl.a)
+ activated php4 module (modules/php4/libphp4.a)
configure:Error: No such module named 'ssl'
./configure:Error: APACI failed 

I even checked for a libssl.a in apache_1.3.26/src/modules/ssl/; there 
wasn't one, but I found one in openssl-0.9.6g/ and copied it over. That 
didn't work, either. 

You'd really think this wouldn't be so complex... 

Alex Kirk