Subject: Distinghished Name of X509 depend on version of ModSSL ?

From: xavier jeannin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:40:33 +0100

Hello

I want to extract the Distinghished Name of a X509 certificat for 
checking the access of my  HTTP server (see FakeBasicAuthentification)

with the new version of openssl I have the following result :
/usr/local/openssl-0.9.7c/apps/openssl x509 -noout -subject -in 
/home/apache/htdocs/dess/intranetSTIC/UPS836-2003-2004.pem
subject= /C=FR/O=CNRS/OU=UPS836/CN=Xavier 
Jeannin/emailAddress=[email-masked]
with the old version of openssl of Redhat I have the following result :
  /usr/bin/openssl x509 -noout -subject -in 
/home/apache/htdocs/dess/intranetSTIC/UPS836-2003-2004.pem
subject= /C=FR/O=CNRS/OU=UPS836/CN=Xavier 
Jeannin/Email=[email-masked]

As Apache uses the DN to select the access on directory, my user cannot 
access to my server because DN does not match anymore DN in password file.
the solution could be to change my files password file (htpasswd) but I 
have lot of this kind of file
Is there any way to change the result of openssl command by 
configuration at runtime or at compilation ?

thank you
--xj

-- 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Xavier Jeannin
UREC/CNRS Université P. & M. Curie, Courrier : case 171, 4 place Jussieu 75252 PARIS CEDEX 05
Tél : 01 44 27 42 59 - Fax : 01 44 27 42 61 - Courriel : [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]