Subject: RE: mod_ssl-2.0.40-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:37:32 -0000

I wasn't just surprised, I was confused. I was looking all over for the
apache package!

I've only had a brief dabble into 8.0, but will have to consider it if and
when our apache servers start to get any heavier load. My last attempt at
Apache 2.0 ended in disaster regardless of whether I used an RPM or compiled
it myself, so hopefully version 8.0 does what I haven't managed yet.

Thanks for the information.

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Theories of evolution are like buses - there'll be another one along in a
minute

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Nadav Har'El [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 28 October 2002 10:26
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: mod_ssl-2.0.40-8
> 
> 
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002, [email-masked] wrote about "RE: 
> mod_ssl-2.0.40-8":
> > the "apache" package name disappears and is called "httpd" 
> instead. I guess
> > they are synchronising the names of the packages to match 
> the daemon names,
> > although I haven't yet checked to see if "bind" has become "named".
> 
> No, it hasn't, and remind "bind" (bind-9.2.1-9).
> 
> I think they wanted a different name when they switched from 
> Apache 1 to
> Apache 2.
> By the way, considering Apache 2's site is "http://httpd.apache.org/",
> I guess the choice of name "httpd" could be understood. But I was also
> quite suprised when I first saw this name in Redhat 8.
> 
> -- 
> Nadav Har'El                        |     Monday, Oct 28 
> 2002, 22 Heshvan 5763
> [email-masked]             
> |-----------------------------------------
> Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Long periods of drought 
> are always
> http://nadav.harel.org.il           |followed by rain.
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]