Subject: RE: Re[2]: SSL with multiple domains on same server

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:48:56 +0100

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>
>are you saying i can use the same ip and two different port to 
>be able to have more than one vhs under ssl?

Certainly. e.g.

Listen 192.168.1.1:443
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:443>
..etc

Listen 192.168.1.1:444
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:444>
..etc

The rule is: SSL VHs must be distinct at TCP/IP level (i.e. ip addr and
port pair must be distinct).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Ludovic Perard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:33:35 +0100

Hello Boyle,

  I found the solution :
  
  The line "BindAddress *" need to be uncomment.

  Now, all works fine :)

-- 
Best regards,
 Ludovic                           
 [email-masked]

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:10:36 +0100

Great! But do you know why?

BindAddress is a deprecated directive which is replaced by Listen. What
you have done is said to apache, "listen to all active IP addresses". 

I think the real problem is to do with your NAT (which you didn't
mention on your original post). This meant that the IP addresses your
browser was using were different from the incoming IP addresses on the
apache box. If you had used Listen with the real IPs, it would've worked
too.

>From: Ludovic Perard [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Donnerstag, 21. November 2002 11:34
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re[5]: SSL with multiple domains on same server
>
>
>Hello Boyle,
>
>  I found the solution :
>