Subject: question.

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:20:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

To have SSL enabled server with self-signed
certificate do we need

 Apache+openSSL+ModSSL or just Apache+ModSSL ?

thanks in advance.

-veena

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
http://taxes.yahoo.com/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Marko Asplund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:03:05 +0200 (EET)

>  Apache+openSSL+ModSSL or just Apache+ModSSL ?

mod_ssl needs to be linked against OpenSSL libraries so you need to have
OpenSSL if you want to compile mod_ssl. you don't need to have OpenSSL
libraries installed on the OS to run mod_ssl if you use static linking.
the OpenSSL application is very useful for many PKI operations (handling
certificate requests, keys, certificates etc.) but it's not really
required.

best regards,
-- 
	aspa					http://www.kronodoc.fi/