Subject: Directing users wihtou enough encryption capability

From: Jeroen Vriesman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:02:08 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to do the following:

I have a site with strong encryption, demanding 128 bit encryption with:
       SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE} >= 128

A lot of users don't have browsers with 128 bits encryption capabilities, so wat I would to do is:

When a user cannot use 128 bits encryption, he/she should be redirected to a page with info about upgrading, in stead of just getting no connection.

Any idea how to do that?

Cheers,
Jeroen.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Binder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:28:37 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 11:02:08AM +0200, Jeroen Vriesman wrote:
> When a user cannot use 128 bits encryption, he/she should be
> redirected to a page with info about upgrading, in stead of just
> getting no connection.
> 
> Any idea how to do that?

Use mod_rewrite. I've posted several examples some weeks ago, they
should still be in the list's archive, search for RewriteRule.

Ciao

Thomas

-- 
For a light heart lives long.
		-- Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Ben Ricker <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Aug 2002 11:38:05 -0500

I (stupidly) forgot what my passphrase is for a server cert I have
created using OpenSSL. The cert is certified by verisign. Is there a way
I can reset the passphrase WITHOUT recreating the cert?

Ben Ricker
Wellinx, Inc.

---

From: "Peter Viertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 21:52:29 +0100

you have only one option - renew the certificate....

you have to pay up again, and submit a new csr based on a new key, but 
with identical certificate information.
not sure about verisign, but at least with thawte the renewal adds a 
year to the expiry date of the previous certificate, so at least you're 
not losing money on the deal, you're just renewing earlier than needed.