Subject: compilation error

From: Joxn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:37:53 +0200

Hi everybody,
first of all, I am new to this list and I am not sure if this is the 
correct list as I have a problem with Apache 2.0.40 - but it looks to me 
that mod_ssl is causing the problem.

Here's what I get when I compile Apache:

make[3]: Changing to »/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/ssl«
Building shared: mod_ssl.la
make[4]: Changing to »/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/ssl«
/bin/sh /usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/srclib/apr/libtool
--silent --mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthread -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP
-DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/srclib/apr/include
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/srclib/apr-util/include -I.
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/os/unix
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/server/mpm/prefork
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/http
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/filters
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/proxy
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/include -I/usr/include/openssl
-I/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/dav/main -prefer-pic -c
mod_ssl.c && touch mod_ssl.slo
In file included from mod_ssl.h:140,
                   from mod_ssl.c:60:
/usr/include/unistd.h:946: parse error before '(' token
/usr/include/unistd.h:946: parse error before "const"
make[4]: *** [mod_ssl.slo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving Directory
»/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/ssl«
make[3]: *** [shared-build-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving Directory
»/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules/ssl«
make[2]: *** [shared-build-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving Directory »/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40/modules«
make[1]: *** [shared-build-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving Directory »/usr/src/packages/install/httpd-2.0.40«
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I compile Apache with --with-ssl=/usr/include/openssl --enable-ssl and I 
am using gcc-3.2.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. If this is the 
wrong list, I apologize.

TIA.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]