Subject: Log errors in client certificate auth

From: "Glynn S. Condez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:48:46 +0800

I found this error in my ssl_engine.log when I access to apache+modssl site
with client certificate authentication.
what does it mean by this error and how do I fix this?

Actually I dont have problems in accessing it but some of our users
encountered page cannot be displayed.

----------------snip------------------
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [trace] OpenSSL: Exit: failed in SSLv3 read
client certificate A
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not
accepted by client!?
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [debug] OpenSSL: read 0/34821 bytes from
BIO#08217818 [mem: 082C6BE8] (BIO dump follows)
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [trace] OpenSSL: Exit: failed in SSLv3 read
client certificate A
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [error] SSL error on writing data (OpenSSL
library error follows)
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [error] OpenSSL: error:1409E0E5:SSL
routines:SSL3_WRITE_BYTES:ssl handshake failure
[30/Sep/2002 11:36:56 20984] [info]  Connection to child 5 closed with
unclean shutdown (server mail.server.com:443, client 192.168.1.1)
-----------------snip-----------------

TIA
--- Glynn ---

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]