Subject: a possible correction of the 'asn1 encoding routines:d2i_X509:expecting an asn1 sequence'

From: Pantelis Roditis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:56:37 +0200

Hi,
I posted a question a couple days ago about the error mention in the
subject.
Thanks everyone for their help.

I did a litle search on the web about it and i found out that many people
had
the same error.
I manage to find a possible solution. I thought that its a good question
about the FAQ.
I found out that the key was with full chain cert and that was the proble.
Here is the fix.
openssl pkcs7 -in mycert.crt -print_certs -out certchain.crt
Then a file certchain.crt has the certificates and your server's certificate
also.
Edit the file and in the bottom will find your certificate move it
in the begining of the file and save it.
Then point both your SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateChainFile in the
certchain.crt.
and start your server.

Hope that helps

Kind Regards
Pantelis Roditis

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]