Subject: 2.0.35 and mod_ssl hangs

From: "John P. Dodge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:59:23 -0700 (PDT)

I just compiled 2.0.35 with:

./configure \
        --prefix=/opt/apache_2.0.35.ssl \
        --with-layout=Apache \
        --without-confadjust \
        --without-execstrip \
        --with-mpm=worker \
        --enable-ssl \
        --with-ssl=/opt/ssl

But when I try to start Apache it just hangs forever waiting for
something:

apachectl startssl

Pertinent last few lines from truss:

truss -eaf apachectl startssl

29883:  door_info(4, 0xFFBEC708)                        = 0
29883:  door_call(4, 0xFFBEC6F0)                        = 0
29883:  stat("/opt/apache_2.0.35.ssl/htdocs", 0xFFBEE6D0) = 0
29883:  brk(0x0014F480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00151480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00151480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00153480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00153480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00155480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00155480)                                 = 0
29883:  brk(0x00157480)                                 = 0
29882:  waitid(P_PID, 29883, 0xFFBEE640, WEXITED|WTRAPPED|WNOWAIT)
(sleeping...)
29883:  lwp_sema_wait(0x000FB2A8)       (sleeping...)
29883:  signotifywait()                 (sleeping...)
29883:  door_return(0x00000000, 0, 0x00000000, 0) (sleeping...)
29883:  lwp_cond_wait(0xFEE755B0, 0xFEE755C0, 0xFEE33C48) (sleeping...)

Anyone know what is going on?

						Thanks....

----------------------------------------
"Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:45:08 +0200

> But when I try to start Apache it just hangs forever waiting for

Like the passphrase you used when you encrypted your certificate?

You need either a script to feed it or  remove it altogether:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC31

Rgds,

OWen Boyle.

---

From: "John P. Dodge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

I did not encrypt the key, so I don't use a passphrase.

I forgot some specifics:

solaris 2.8
gcc 2.95.3
openssl 0.9.6c  (./config no-idea shared threads -fPIC)

					Thanks...