Subject: Upgrade Question

From: RON MCKEEVER<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:56:03 -0700

Hi 

I currently have mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23(apache) deal. I have seen the security issue and the suggetions to upgrade to 2.0 or 1.3.26. 

Couple of questions, Please.
1. Can I just install the new apache version over my old install? And will it still use my ssl info? If not is there a command I can run when I configure the new apache to not overright all my info in /opt/apache?

2. Or do I need to wait for a "mod_ssl-2.x.x-1.3.26" release??

Thanks for any input,
Rob
 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, RON MCKEEVER wrote:

> I currently have mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23(apache) deal. I have seen the
> security issue and the suggetions to upgrade to 2.0 or 1.3.26.
>
> 1. Can I just install the new apache version over my old install? And
> will it still use my ssl info?

If by "info" you mean configuration, the answer is yes.  If by "info"
you mean mod_ssl itself, the answer is no.

> 2. Or do I need to wait for a "mod_ssl-2.x.x-1.3.26" release??

There has already been one.  mod_ssl 2.8.9 is out.

So just grab 1.3.26 and 2.8.9, compile them with the same options you
did on 1.3.23/2.8.7, and when you install it it will overwrite the old
binaries but keep your old config files.

(remember to back up the old install directory just in case ;)

--Cliff