Subject: Win32 & Apache 1.3.27

From: "Justin Annear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:38:24 +1000

Hi All,

Im a little new to the Apache & Mod_ssl scene and as such have used the
1.3.26 pre-compiled version on the modssl.org website.

I noticed recently that 1.3.27 (Apache) has been released and as such am
wanting to upgrade asap to this version.

Im running Apache on a Windows 2000 server, due to reasons beyond my
control and as such am hoping that I can obtain either one of two things

a) a pre-compiled version of apache 1.3.27 with modssl

or

b) instructions (clear and detailed due to my limited understanding of
this topic) on how to upgrade apache and still keep my mod_ssl stuff
intact. 
I've upgraded my current mod_ssl to the latest versions etc.

I've looked into compiling a version myself as I dont believe this will
be provided by modssl.org with limited success.

Thanks in advance

Justin Annear
Ballarat Secondary College
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:31:57 -0400

> Ballarat Secondary College

Justin,

I built these binaries last week...

http://hunter.campbus.com/Apache_1.3.27-Mod_SSL_2.8.11-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip
http://hunter.campbus.com/Openssl-0.9.6g-Win32.zip

http://hunter.campbus.com/Apache_2.0.43-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip

If you have any problems contact me on the list, as
<[email-masked]> or at my personal account: [email-masked]

There are other sources, some more comprhensive than mine.

Victor's installer has just about anything you could want ...
Apache, OpenSSL, TomCat, Ant, PHP, MySQL, etc

[email-masked]

Server Installer
ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/IKIRUX_WSP_Pro1Beta3_ENG.exe

Installation Guide:
ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/Ikirux Server 
Installation Guide.pdf

Release Notes:

ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/Ikirux Server 
Release Notes.pdf

Another nice package is...

OpenSA web server :: Next Generation Web Serving
http://www.opensa.org/

If you really want to roll your own I have some instructions that I put 
together ... very messy but easy to follow.  Ask and I will send it to 
you I am not going to torture the list with it again.

OR let me know how you are making out...

Chris.

Legal Notice
------------

These software packages are provided free of charge. It uses strong 
cryptography that is regulated by export/import/use restrictions in some 
parts of the world.

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPORT/IMPORT/USE OF STRONG CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE, 
PROVIDING CRYPTOGRAPHY HOOKS OR EVEN JUST COMMUNICATING TECHNICAL 
DETAILS ABOUT CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL IN SOME PARTS OF THE 
WORLD. SO, WHEN YOU IMPORT THIS PACKAGE TO YOUR COUNTRY, RE-DISTRIBUTE 
IT FROM THERE OR EVEN JUST EMAIL TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS OR SOURCE PATCHES 
TO THE AUTHOR OR OTHER PEOPLE YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO PAY CLOSE 
ATTENTION TO ANY EXPORT/IMPORT/USE LAWS WHICH APPLY TO YOU. WE NOR THE 
AUTHORS OF THE REPRESENTED SOFTWARE PACKAGES ARE OR WILL BE HELD LIABLE 
FOR ANY VIOLATIONS YOU MAKE. BE CAREFUL, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

---

From: "webmaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:00:57 +0100

Hi,

Have you had a look at www.opensa.org for beginners.

Dave

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:31:57 -0400

Justin,

[email-masked]

Server Installer

Installation Guide:

Release Notes:

Chris.

Legal Notice
------------

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 23:31:57 -0400

Justin,

[email-masked]

Server Installer

Installation Guide:

Release Notes:

Chris.

Legal Notice
------------