Subject: RE: SSL_CLIENT_CERT in the access check phase

From: Himanshu Soni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:46:42 -0800

Hi

Thanx for the info.
I see that you call ssl_var_lookup(..) which internally calls ap_table_get
on the SSL_CLIENT_CERT_DN enviornment variable.
When I compile my module with ssl_var_lookup(..), it fails during linking.
This is because ssl_var_lookup(..) is not exported.

How did you manage to resolve this symbol in your builds?

Thanx

Himanshu Soni

-----Original Message-----
From: Mads Toftum [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 11:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: SSL_CLIENT_CERT in the access check phase

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:47:26PM -0800, Himanshu Soni wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I am writing a module for apache which relies on mod_ssl. This module
> provides certificate authentication in addition to functionality provided
by
> mod_access.
> Basically, its a copy of mod_access with certificate validation
> functionality. I rely on SSL_CLIENT_CERT environment variable being set
but
> my module fails to read this environment variable.
> I read somewhere in this email-list that SSL_CLIENT_CERT is not set until
> the fix-up state.
> 
> Is that correct? and if so, is there a way to get the client cert by other
> means?
> 
I have an old, simple and sligthly b0rken example at
http://www2.toftum.dk/apache/
It should at least give you a general idea about how to get at the relevant
variables from an Apache module.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 20:40:55 +0100

> How did you manage to resolve this symbol in your builds?
I don't remember doing anything special - except what you see in the module/
makefile. IIRC I just looked at the code in mod_ssl and found the appropriate
function by looking at what was being used elsewhere.
The module is close to two years old and I haven't used it much lately, so
YMMV.

vh

Mads Toftum