Subject: Apache 1.3.27 mod_ssl 2.8.12 openssl 0.9.6g Upgrade

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:38:53 +0000

Hi,

We plan on upgrading to Apache 1.3.27 mod_ssl 2.8.12 openssl 0.9.6g from 
Apache 1.3.26 mod_ssl 2.8.10 openssl 0.9.6d on Windows.

We are considering the following two options:

Option A:

Download the Apache_1.3.27-Mod_SSL_2.8.12-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip file,
upzip it and copy over the files to the current installation directory, 
overwriting the old files with the new files (excluding the conf and 
certificate files, etc).

Option B:

Re-Install Apache 1.3.27 (preserve the config and certificate files during 
the installation) and then copy over the unzipped files from the above zip 
file to the installation directory.

Which of the above two options is recommended and which one is the best way 
to upgrade this server on windows.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Bye,
-Jim.

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:13:50 +0000

Small Correction:

Read first line of Option B as:

Fresh install of Apache 1.3.27 using apache_1.3.27-win32-x86-no_src.msi
at the current Apache 1.3.26 installation location.

>From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Apache 1.3.27 mod_ssl 2.8.12 openssl 0.9.6g Upgrade
>Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:38:53 +0000
>
>Hi,
>

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail