Subject: Re: Quickie on Certrificate Requests (combined with virtualhosts)...

From: "Jeff Landers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 13:24:28 -0700

If you wish to fix Solaris 8 to use /dev/random  use the following Sun patch available thru Sunsolve

dev random patch number 112438-01

>>> [email-masked] 07/01/02 01:05PM >>>
Cool, thanks!... So I've done that, I needed to use the make certificate
instead of the openssh commands because of the lack of a /dev/random on
Solaris 8 (I don't know why make is able to do make it happen when I
can't).  Anyway, each time I run it it generates a new server.key file,
I need to keep each of these right?...perhaps name them based on the
virtual host each are for?

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 15:18, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> On 1 Jul 2002, Sean M Alderman wrote:
> 
> >   I'm hoping someone on the list might have some experience with
> > multiple IP based virtual hosts and generating CSRs for ssl certs for
> > each host.  Something has me thinking that if I run the commans from the
> > mod_ssl faq, I'll get several CSRs for the same host (either local or
> > the main hostname).  That shouldn't be, certs are hostname specific
> > right?  Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to pass me a clue.
> 
> The commands in the FAQ should be okay.  When you run openssl and ask it
> to generate a CSR, it will prompt you for various things, one of which is
> "Common Name (CN)" -- enter the hostname with which the certificate should
> be associated there, and that's all you should have to do.
> 
> --Cliff
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org 
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked] 
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked] 
-- 
Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst
PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center
(216) 433-2795

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org 
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked] 
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]