Subject: RE: Certificate

From: David Buerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:33:21 -0800

To my knowledge and research, a certificate issued by an authority like
Verisign or Thwate is only valid for one specific domain UNLESS you purchase
a certificate which indicates otherwise.  I know Thwate has one version of
their cert which applies to the root domain and all sub-domains under it as
well.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jose Torres [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 7:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Certificate

Hi, all, I am looking for this response. If there was one, I also need
to know if it is possible to run two vhosts with a single certificate?
TIA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Santosh Deshpande
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 10:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Certificate

hi all,
  I would like to know whether a SSL certificate is issued to a specific
domain?
  Can I run have two vhosts configured with a single certificate
  e.g. www.mydomain.com  ( 213.x.x.x:443)
  and  sub.mydomain.com  ( 213.x.x.y:443)

regards,
Santosh

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]