Subject: PRNG errors

From: cbenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:10:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone.

I just upgraded my OpenSSL yesterday from 9.6c to 9.6e, then recompiled my
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26 and Apache on OpenBSD 3.0. Everything seemed to go
fine, but now all my https request are unable to connect. According to all
the docs I've seen the error message suggest changing the "SSLRandomSeed"
setting in the httpd.conf, however I've tried various setting, see the new
value for the "Seeding PRNG" line in the log, but the handshake still
fails with the same error message. Can anyone suggest anything else that
maybe the issue.

Thanks,
benn

####From httpd.conf####
#   Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG):
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin

####From ssl_engine_log####
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [info]  Connection to child 3 established
(server www.host.com:443, client 127.0.0.1)
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of
entropy
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
www.host.com:443, client 127.0.0.1) (OpenSSL library error follows)
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[31/Jul/2002 09:49:00 30490] [error] OpenSSL: error:1409B005:SSL
routines:SSL3_SEND_SERVER_KEY_EXCHANGE:bad asn1 object header
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]