Subject: RHL7.0 with openssl0.9.5a & 0.9.6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:09:59 -0000

I just upgraded my openssl and the sent a SIGHUP to httpd and I got the 
following error:

Syntax error on line 265 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libssl.so into server: symbol __sysconf, 
version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

The system is running RHL7.0. Before upgrade everything was working fine 
(including SSL module). We had openssl-0.9.5a-14 installed.

Then for upgrade I performed the following:
rpm -ivh --force openssl095a-0.9.5a-9.i386.rpm
rpm -Uvh --force openssl-0.9.6-9.i386.rpm

(for your info: openssl095a is the same as openssl-0.9.5a just different 
names, they include the same files so you can have both 0.9.5a and 0.9.6 
installed at the same time. it's an RPM versioning issue)

So in the /usr/lib directory there is libssl.so.0 and libssl.so.1 (this is 
compatibility for other programs). But now on restart of httpd I received the 
following error.

Anybody have ideas?

Thanks,
Ben
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Nalin Dahyabhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:11:19 -0400

> version GLIBC_2.2 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

When you upgraded to the newer packages, did you also have the glibc
updates applied (or did you apply it at the same time)?  If not, then
updating glibc (http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2001-160.html) will
probably fix it.

HTH,

Nalin