Subject: [BugDB] SSLLog into pipe on Solaris hangs when restarted (PR#732)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 11:04:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Ralph Mengen
Version: 2.8.10-1.3.26
OS: SunOS 5.8
Submission from: (NULL) (129.26.9.7)

Hi.

I pipe the SSLLog (and apache's ErrorLog also) into a command like
SSLLog "|/mylogger"
ErrorLog "|/mylogger"

When I now sent a SIGHUP to the apache server for restarting it
will hang. This is a known bug in apache since a very long time
(http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/6476). There is a workaround
for ErrorLog (and CustomLog):
ErrorLog "|exec /mylogger"

But this workaround doesn't work for SSLLog. When trying
SSLLog "|exec /mylogger" I will receive following error in my
errlog:
/bin/sh: /opt/apache/exec: not found

Any ideas why this doesn't work in SSL, too?

MANY thanx in advance,
   ++ralph

P.S.: BTW: The whole discussion about this stupid apache bug is in
http://groups.google.de/groups?q=pipe+apache+solaris+exec&hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=YFtC6.7352%24122.1975033%40news1.rdc1.md.home.com&rnum=2
http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=YFtC6.7352%24122.1975033%40news1.rdc1.md.home.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dpipe%2Bapache%2Bsolaris%2Bexec%26hl%3Dde%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26selm%3DYFtC6.7352%2524122.1975033%2540news1.rdc1.md.home.com%26rnum%3D2
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]