Subject: Problem Connecting via https Over Network and Internet

From: Alicianiah Cherry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:42:56 -0400

I have Red Hat v 7.3 Professional installed with Apache 1.3.23 and mod_ssl 
2.8.7.  I have made a test certificate per the Red Hat manual instructions. 
 I can access the https web pages with Netscape on the server itself, but I 
am unable to connect to the https pages over the internal network or over 
the network.  I also have a Win2k server running that also uses SSL, and 
have no problems connecting to that server via https using Netscape.  Any 
suggestions?

Alicia Cherry
Systems Administrator
RiverStone Counseling
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Maurizio Marini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 21:30:41 +0200

you haven't reported any  detail about Netscape error, so it's hard to help u;
without knowing anything related your probem, i suggest you to create a cert 
issued not to localhot.localdomain; but for the ServerName u are using.
It's self-signed, of course; but netscape deny access to a server presenting a 
cert intitled to something already visited.
maybe u have another cert for localhos.localdomain.
the only way to get help is provide details.

-- maumar