Subject: Re: Configure SSL on Debian Linux Server

From: "James Bromberger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:38:36 +0800

apt-get install libapache-mod-ssl

And then check your configuration file that you are loading the module
and have a key and certificate.

	James
	Debian Developer.

>>> [email-masked] 09/26/02 05:58am >>>

Hi all ,

I am naive to SSL technologies. We are trying to install SSL on Debian
Linux
Server. We are having a Debian released Apache version .

Where I can get good documentation about installing SSL on Debian
Linux.

What all do I need to configure the SSL ? As far as my knowledge , we
need
to install Open-SSL along with mod-ssl  on the server and set the
necessary
config files. Am I right?

The server we are using is going to host some applications/ web pages
,
which are accessed from PDA phones. , I appreciate  if any one can
brief how
and where to start with.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ibrahim
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.391 / Virus Database: 222 - Release Date: 9/19/2002
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org

User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]

Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]