Subject: [BugDB] PRIVATE: problem on mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26 and openssl-0.9.7-pre1.tar.gz (PR#726)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:52:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Dante Picca
Version: 2.8.10
OS: Linux RedHat 7.2 Athlon
Submission from: (NULL) (195.110.148.66)

Hi,
I've found a problem compiling mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26 with
openssl-0.9.7-pre1.tar.gz

I've used the following commands:
cd openssl-0.9.7
make
make test
make install
cd ../mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26
./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26
cd ../mod_perl-1.26
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1 APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.26/src
USE_APACI=1 PREP_HTTPD=1 DO_HTTPD=1
make
make install
cd ../apache_1.3.26
SSL_BASE=/path/to/openssl-0.9.7 ./configure --prefix=/xxx/xxx
--enable-module=ssl --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
--enable-module=all --enable-shared=max --bindir=/zzz/zzz --sbindir=/yyy/yyy
--libexecdir=/xxx/xxx/modules
make 

During the last make I recive the message:
ssl_engine_kernel.c: In function `ssl_callback_LogTracingState':
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1901: warning: passing arg 1 of `SSL_state_string_long'
discards `const' from pointer target type
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1904: warning: passing arg 1 of `SSL_state_string_long'
discards `const' from pointer target type
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1907: warning: passing arg 1 of `SSL_state_string_long'
discards `const' from pointer target type
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1918: warning: passing arg 1 of `SSL_state_string_long'
discards `const' from pointer target type
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1921: warning: passing arg 1 of `SSL_state_string_long'
discards `const' from pointer target type
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
-DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_rand.c && mv ssl_engine_rand.o
ssl_engine_rand.lo
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
-DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_io.c && mv ssl_engine_io.o
ssl_engine_io.lo
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
-DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_log.c && mv ssl_engine_log.o
ssl_engine_log.lo gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22
-I/usr/include/db1 -DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_mutex.c && mv ssl_engine_mutex.o
ssl_engine_mutex.lo
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
-DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_pphrase.c && mv ssl_engine_pphrase.o
ssl_engine_pphrase.lo
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -I/usr/include/db1
-DMOD_SSL=208110 -DMOD_PERL -DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -DSSL_COMPAT
-DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE -I/home/apacheins/openssl-0.9.7/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" ssl_engine_vars.c && mv ssl_engine_vars.o
ssl_engine_vars.lo
ssl_engine_vars.c:411: `NID_x500UniqueIdentifier' undeclared here (not in a
function)
ssl_engine_vars.c:411: initializer element for
`ssl_var_lookup_ssl_cert_dn_rec[12].nid' is not constant
make[4]: *** [ssl_engine_vars.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/apacheins/apache_1.3.26/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/apacheins/apache_1.3.26'
make: *** [build] Error 2

If I use openssl 0.9.6d I've no problems.
I hope you'll find this information usefull
Bye

			Dante

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Lutz Jaenicke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:06:54 +0200

> openssl-0.9.7-pre1.tar.gz
...
> ssl_engine_vars.c:411: `NID_x500UniqueIdentifier' undeclared here (not in a

Do not use 0.9.7-pre1 (whowever released this version, it was not
released from the OpenSSL team). If you use 0.9.7-betax, the version
is correctly recognized and the problem does not appear.

Best regards,
	Lutz
-- 
Lutz Jaenicke                             [email-masked]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]