Subject: Using a different CA

From: Peter Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:24:27 -0700

Hello List,

I have a question regarding the use of a different CA. I recently
purchased an SSL certificate from comodo.net and I have not been able
to get it to work properly. My browser responds that it cannot
recognize the issuer of the certificate. I am running apache 1.3.26,
mod-ssl 2.8.9, and openssl 0.9.6c on a debian woody system.

The global-ca.txt file has been downloaded from their site, and I have
contacted their tech support, who have provided me with no answers.

I have the following directive in my
vitual host container tags:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile    /etc/apache/ssl.crt/site.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache/ssl.key/site.key
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache/ca-bundle/global-ca.txt
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*"  nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
</IfModule>

Has anyone else had any experience with comodo? Should I break down
and shell out the extra $$ for a Thawte cert?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-- 
Peter Hicks
GnuPG public key: http://jah.net/~petong/public_key.txt
Key Fingerprint: 4E24 3C78 A165 537C 729C  8D25 3547 3CE9 9E7D 42B6
Every why hath a wherefore. -- William Shakespeare, "A Comedy of Errors"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]