Subject: Cryptoswift + Apache 2.0

From: Estrade Matthieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:36:44 +0200

Hi,

I am actually running Apache 2.0 with mod_proxy (reverse-proxy) and SSL, 
on a Linux Redhat 7.2 dual AMD athlon 2Ghz MP with 1GB RAM.
I am using an hardware accelerator Rainbow Cryptoswift 600. (for 600 TPS).

When i benchmark the server without the reverse proxy with a local 
document, i have 560 TPS.
When i benchmark the server with reverse proxy, i have 9 TPS...
During all the test, the cryptoswift is blinking a little... and my cpu 
are only 5% loaded...

I tried to install mod_cache and run memory cache... but it seems not 
well working with the RP.

If someone have the same problem or ideas about mine....

Best regards,

Matthieu

________________________________________________________________
Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros d'économies !
Et pour 1 euro de plus, reçois le CD-ROM du jeu Dark Age of Camelot
+ 1 mois de jeu en réseau offert ! 
Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Antoine de Lobel-Mahy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:32:20 +0200

Hi,

Is it possible to have authentication by certificate
produce by openssl 0.9.3, with using apache 1.3.19.

thanks for your help.

Antoine

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Just got back from travelling and you don't seem to have had a reply to
this so here goes.

> During all the test, the cryptoswift is blinking a little... and my cpu

The obvious suggestion would be that the machine you're reverse proxying
to is the reason for the slow-down.

Cheers,
Geoff

-- 
Geoff Thorpe
[email-masked]