Subject: RE: modssl versus other ssl servers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:47:36 -0000

For just under $2000, Security space will give you a report on it.

http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/payrepdetail.html?ym=200212&cat=Apache
Tech&repid=10903

(Which explains why the links on the modssl site to statistics are out of
date).

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Nearly everything we believe is second hand. For example, less than 500
people have seen the Earth from space, yet the majority of people believe it
is round (OK pedants, an oblate sphere).

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris Davis [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 31 January 2003 14:34
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: modssl versus other ssl servers
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 
>   Does anyone know how many modssl installations there are versus
>   other SSL servers?  I'd like to know what percentage of SSL sites
>   use modssl. 
> 
>  Thanks,  Chris
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:49:45 -0000

Oops, my mistake. The page
http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/payrepdetail.html?ym=200212&cat=Apache
Tech&repid=10903 says 1.4 million mod_ssl sites out of 5.3 million Apache
sites. 

I'd reckon that mod_ssl is the number one secure server on the 'net.

- 

-