Subject: modssl and Apache 2.0.36

From: luis fernandes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 15:27:17 -0400

Can modssl be compiled with Apache 2.0.36 on "Slackware 2.4.18 #14
SMP i586" (2 processor).

The following configure line:

./configure --with-apache=../httpd-2.0.36 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6c --prefix=/var/apache/apache2.0

fails with the error:

Configuring mod_ssl/2.8.8 for Apache/1.3.24
./configure:Error: Cannot find Apache 1.3 source tree under ../httpd-2.0.36
./configure:Hint:  Please specify location via --with-apache=DIR
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Joachim Feise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 13:10:34 -0700

>Can modssl be compiled with Apache 2.0.36 on "Slackware 2.4.18 #14

It already is included in Apache 2.0. See 
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/new_features_2_0.html

>./configure:Hint:  Please specify location via --with-apache=DIR

As it says: it tries to configure mod_ssl for Apache 1.3.24, not for 2.0.
Read the 2.0 docs.

-Joe