Subject: mod_ssl compatibility with custom module

From: "Robert Flicker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:29:46 +0000

Hi:

I have developed a custom module for a company and works fine with normal 
apache. When pathing apache with modssl stuff works fine under non-encrypted 
connections but with ssl fails.

The module intercepts the post data (ap_get_client_block and this stuff) 
writes to a file and swaps the fd_in:

Some pseudo code to clarify terms...
----

//loop to read post data...
ap_get_client_block(...);
// write data to fd_in
write(fd_in,...);
//rewind it

// swap fd_in
ap_bpushfd(r->connection->client,fd_in,r->connection->client->fd_in);

----

Again:

normal apache: works fine
apache + mod_ssl + unencrypted conns: works fine
apache + mod_ssl + encrypted conns: dumps data to file and onnection seems 
to timeout...

Any clue?

Thx in advance
.-rf

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Sergi Mayordomo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:38:56 +0200

> apache + mod_ssl + encrypted conns: dumps data to file and onnection seems
Does your module need any start configuration at httpd.conf? if it does,
the lines 
<Perl> 
..
..
</Perl> in the remote machine definition solves the problem. I dont know
if it is the best solution.

Bye