Subject: problem with sticky sessions.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:56:27 -0400

Hello,

I have apache set up using mod-ssl and proxy.  We are also attempting to
load balance our traffic with a cisco CSM.  We are having issues with the
sessions remaining "sticky".  The traffic seems to always route to one
webserver never balancing any traffic.  We see the proxy handing its own IP
to the CSM.  We believe we can get the CSM to balance if we can get the
proxy to pass the clients IP not its own.

My question is can and how do I set up apache to pass the IP of the client
PC making the request.

Thanks to all in advance any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:37:49 -0400

Hi,

> proxy to pass the clients IP not its own.

I can't help you with cisco products. However (if you can forgive the
shameless plug) sharing a session cache between your webservers will
allow you to ignore "sticky" caching and load-balance on more useful
heuristics (eg. balancing according to *load*). One such tool is at
www.distcache.org. If you want more background info on the thinking,
approach, issues, [etc.] - contact me off-list and I'll help as/where
possible.

Cheers,
Geoff

-- 
Geoff Thorpe
[email-masked]
http://www.geoffthorpe.net/

---

From: "Erki Kriks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:49:18 +0300

Hello!

Can anyone give example, how to use openSSL and ocsp to check certificate.
Certificate i want to give to ocsp in variable (not in file).

here is an example, how to use it if user certificate is in
file(UserCert.cer):
openssl.exe ocsp -issuer id.pem -cert UserCert.cer http://ocsp_addr -VAfile
id-ocsp.pem

but i want to use that certificate is given in variable?

Thanx,
Erki