Subject: Prblems understanding on how to install mod_ssl!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:47:32 -0500

The INSTALL file when I untar mod_ssl says:
Configure and build the SSL library:
./config
make
make test

but it does not says to install nor does it gives you the instruction to do:
make install

Do I have to do this step.
Then what is server.key and server.crt
What step of which program generates them and where does it put them.
Once again the INSTALL file says if your server (which server? apache is not
installed yet)
has certificates allreaty provide the path else run make certificate!  Run
certificate where?

Thanx in advance
Dino
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:13:06 -0700

For detailed instructions on running mod_ssl for Apache 2
you can checkout a chapter I have online:
http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html
It includes details on how to build openssl and use the openssl command line
tool to generate your certificate and key

Cheers

Daniel