Subject: RE: Connection re-negotiation

From: Rob Sterenborg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:39:34 +0100

> SSLRequire option).. Is it possible that the client can upgrade the
> connection to a 128-bit one ??.. If yes, how to achieve that ?..

Looking around I see a lot of problems with IE6 and 128bit encryption. (just
search with google on "ie6 128bit". I don't know if those problems are
already fixed ; I would be surprised.

Besides I didn't get to a location where to upgrade to 128bit. (Where are
the clients ? Maybe MS doesn't allow you to download the high encryption
IE6.) But I must admit I didn't look that well.

If your clients would be using IE5.5 then there are several sites which
offer downloads for either an upgrade pack or a complete IE5.5 package.
For example ftp://ftp.zedz.net .

Rob

---

From: Thomas Binder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:50:13 +0100

Hi!

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 08:39:34AM +0100, Rob Sterenborg wrote:
> Looking around I see a lot of problems with IE6 and 128bit encryption.
> (just search with google on "ie6 128bit". I don't know if those
> problems are already fixed ; I would be surprised.

Maybe this KB article helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q261/3/28.ASP

(Note: I don't use IE6, so this is just a wild guess based on a
quick search at groups.google.com)

Ciao

Thomas
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]