Subject: Certificate chain weirdness!

From: "BJ Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:31:15 +0000

I'm using Apache 2.0.44 with mod_ssl, and OpenSSL 0.9.7. I have a site 
configured with 3 virtual hosts (each with its own IP address) all listening 
on port 443. Each virtual host has it's own certificate (issued by GTE via 
an intermediate CA). I have two CA certs (from GTE and the intermediate) 
properly concatenated into a single file, and I'm using 
SSLCertificateChainFile to point to this file.

Here's where the weirdness starts...

If I comment out two of the virtual hosts, the single virtual host loads 
fine.

If I try to load two or more virtual hosts (remember, these are all 
different IP addresses and domain names) I get the dreaded "Failed to 
configure CA certificate chain" error.

However, I add a dummy virtual host without the SSLCertificateChainFile 
directive (or remove it from one of the existing virtual hosts) it will run. 
I get a certificate warning in the browser for the host without the 
SSLCertificateChainFile, but it still runs.

I also tried movng the SSLCertificateChainFile directive outside the vhost 
blocks - to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]