Subject: httpd won't start

From: [email-masked] (Jenny Gu)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:18:43 -0600

Hi all,

I can't start httpd on linux kernel 2.4.20 which I compiled. The error 
message is:
	[Fri Jan 03 11:11:18 2003] 
	[error] (38)Function not implemented: 
	Cannot create SSLMutex file `/var/log/httpd/ssl_mutex.575'
	Configuration Failed

I have checked all file and directory privileges. It seems no problems. 
I guess that I am missing build components while building the linux 
kernel. Has someone gone through this and tell me which components I am 
missing or have a suggestion?

FYI, httpd starts fine under Red Hat 8.0 with kernel 2.4.18

Thank you,

Jenny Gu

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:16:31 -0000

I doubt that missing something in the build of the kernel would prevent a
file from being created. Some more information would be useful.

When you say linux, do you mean Red Hat? How exactly are you attempting to
start it? What user and group are you starting the server as?

A copy of your httpd.conf configuration file (with any data you don't want
made public removed) would be most useful.

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

"I know it sounds cocky, but I honestly believe that one day there'll be a
telephone in every Town in America" - Alexander Graham Bell (my paraphrase)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 03 January 2003 18:19
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: httpd won't start
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

---

From: [email-masked] (Jenny Gu)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:15:17 -0600

Thank you for your response. The system is using Red Hat 8.0. The 
httpd.conf is the default. I am still trying to find the missing 
something in the build of the kernel.

Thank you,

Jenny

-----Original Message-----
From: John.Airey [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 3:17 AM
To: modssl-users
Subject: RE: httpd won't start

I doubt that missing something in the build of the kernel would prevent 
a
file from being created. Some more information would be useful.

When you say linux, do you mean Red Hat? How exactly are you attempting 
to
start it? What user and group are you starting the server as?

A copy of your httpd.conf configuration file (with any data you don't 
want
made public removed) would be most useful.

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 
[email-masked] 

"I know it sounds cocky, but I honestly believe that one day there'll be 
a
telephone in every Town in America" - Alexander Graham Bell (my 
paraphrase)

-