Subject: Configuring Multiple Certicates SSL over an unique IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:20:12 -0200

Hello,

 There are some way to configuring the Apache Server to utilize multiple 
certificates SSL, over an unique ip, once for each virtual domain ?

 What the Apache configure sintax ?

Alex Moraes

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Peter Viertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:17:01 +0000

I'm thinking you need to use Virtual Host directives - as others have 
replied, you already know that NameVirtualHost wont help - so you need 
to put each virtual host on a different IP. (or different port if no 
spare IP's_).

firstly - configure your operating system to receive all the ip's you 
want to use - usually via ip-aliases - something you can do in unix and 
windows, but dont ask me how in windows.

an example:

your real ip is 192.168.1.2 , and you set up 192.168.1.3  as an extra alias.

I'm assuming you started with httpd.conf as provided with mod_ssl - this 
should have the basic SSL configuration bits.

Then in your httpd.conf near the end, in the <IfDefine SSL> section, 
create a VHost for each cert/ip you want.

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:443>
        ServerName www.cert1domain.com
        SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/cert1.key
        SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/cert1.crt
        SSLEngine on
        ...other conf...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.3:443>
        ServerName www.cert2domain.com
        SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl.key/cert2.key
        SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/cert2.crt
        SSLEngine on
        ...other conf...
</VirtualHost>