Subject: RE: Upgrade ?

From: RON MCKEEVER<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:41:28 -0700

Thanks Keith and Henning....

It makes sense to recompile PHP. I just wish it was as simple as editing a
file. Oh well....

Thanks again
Ron

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:07:38 -0400 Henning Sittler <[email-masked]>
wrote:

RE: Upgrade ?

Recompiling PHP is really the only accurate solution to that one line from
phpinfo():

Apache Version    Apache/1.3.23 

is from the last (clean?) compile of PHP, and does not reflect any chages or
updates made to Apache since then.  However, the SERVER_SIGNATURE env var
shown in phpinfo() is up to date and accurate, because it's directly from the
current Apache.

Henning Sittler
www.inscriber.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunt,Keith A [<A
HREF="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</A>]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 1:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Upgrade ?

Ron, 

I have had that same issue when I have upgraded apache.  I never noticed that
it caused a problem, but it certainly bothered me that php did not know which
version of apache was running.  I fixed it by recompiling php (including a
make clean) and restarting apache.

Keith Hunt  330.972.7968  [email-masked]
Internet & Server Systems
The University of Akron 

> 
> When I use my phpinfo page, to see config info it shows that 
> apache is :
> Apache Version    Apache/1.3.23 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]