Subject: CBT Series on mod_ssl needed?

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:20:11 +1100

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there would be a use if I started creating a free
series of Computer Based Training tutorials for mod_ssl, similar to the
series I've started for PostgreSQL :

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/college/

These are Flash based animations (about 200k) which explain some of the
basic concepts of PostgreSQL.  So far, the feedback about them is really
positive and I'm looking at other Open Source projects which would
benefit (as well as continuing the PostgreSQL series).

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

-- 
"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was less competition there."
     - Indira Gandhi
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Søren Neigaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:30:42 +0100

Saturday, February 23, 2002, 6:20:11 PM, Justin wrote:

JC> Hi everyone,

JC> Just wondering if there would be a use if I started creating a free
JC> series of Computer Based Training tutorials for mod_ssl, similar to the
JC> series I've started for PostgreSQL :

JC> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/college/

JC> These are Flash based animations (about 200k) which explain some of the
JC> basic concepts of PostgreSQL.  So far, the feedback about them is really
JC> positive and I'm looking at other Open Source projects which would
JC> benefit (as well as continuing the PostgreSQL series).

I'm new to mod_ssl and SSL in general, and I would say YES please,
that would be really nice :)

What do you think those tutorials would cover? I have been reading the
documentation, but for me it isn't easy at all. The documentation
covers all the configuration of mod_ssl, but I really don't know what
happens when I start my mod_ssl-Apache server, or even if there is
more than one way to start it. Also I don't know how I add
users/passwords to a server or VirtualHost, so that only those users
has access.

I don't know if this is too basic, or what you had in mind, but the
idea sounds GREATH to a newbie like me :) And I also know that if I
ask these really basic questions here, I upset a lot of people, so I
have my fingers crossed for a nice tutorial :)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Justin Clift <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 21:30:03 +1100

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your feedback, it's really appreciated!

New users are the ones whom I create these CBT's for.  A lot of the time
with things, it's learning the concepts enough to get it up-and-running
quickly and well that's needed.

Once someone knows the general concepts and have it running, they can
get the rest of the knowledge they need through reading the
documentation and other materials.

That's what I've found so far anyway.  :)

You're the only person who's answered my question though, so I'm
guessing this isn't really a popular viewpoint with the majority of the
mod_ssl people.  :(  Hope I'm wrong and after the weekend is over I get
a few more email.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

So, that's one person saying yes