Subject: Documentation Suggestion - mod_ssl compilation - wish list

From: David Buerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 05:39:38 -0800

If anyone is ever looking for a documentation project, I've got one for you:
Tell us how to compile in a Windows environment mod_ssl.  The existing doc
talks about the make files, how to use the, what to do, but quite frankly
that's about one step beyond where I'm at.  

I'm affluent in many programming languages, but much to my dismay, C is not
one of them. I've been too busy keeping up on the other languages to learn a
new one.  I need someone to tell me step by step what to download, where to
get it, how to install it, and how to make it work.  At some point I'm going
to have to just bite the bullet anyway, but probably not today. Like now
since there's a newer version of mod_ssl than I can find a binary for.)

Please, I'm not trying to start a NT vs. Linux/Unix debate.  There's already
enough of those going on and this list isn't the place for it.  The fact of
the matter is that I'm really stuck with NT.  So are a lot of us.   I know I
put myself at risk of coming across ignorant (well, okay, it's true...I
don't know everything) but I figure that I'm not the only one out here with
these problems.  

So, if anyone, anytime, has time to help, that would be great.

David

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]