Subject: Error Code -12281

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:09:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, I recently tried installing mod_ssl with my apache server on a Debian
unstable system. I've got my keys and everything in place, but when I try
to access https://zoidian.com i get the following error:

zoidian.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message: Error Code: -12281

That's from Mozilla. When I try curl https://localhost I get the following:

curl: (35) SSL: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol

And when I try openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -state -debug i get:

CONNECTED(00000003)
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
write to 0809A270 [0809A2B8] (124 bytes => 124 (0x7C))
0000 - 80 7a 01 03 01 00 51 00-00 00 20 00 00 16 00 00   .z....Q... .....
0010 - 13 00 00 0a 07 00 c0 00-00 66 00 00 05 00 00 04   .........f......
0020 - 03 00 80 01 00 80 08 00-80 00 00 65 00 00 64 00   ...........e..d.
0030 - 00 63 00 00 62 00 00 61-00 00 60 00 00 15 00 00   .c..b..a..`.....
0040 - 12 00 00 09 06 00 40 00-00 14 00 00 11 00 00 08   ......@.........
0050 - 00 00 06 00 00 03 04 00-80 02 00 80 68 bf 32 a8   ............h.2.
0060 - 08 cd 08 82 06 dc 2d 6d-9b c0 fe 4e 9b e8 4d f2   ......-m...N..M.
0070 - 5d 73 ce 40 96 25 f0 42-9f 27 64 16               ]s.@.%.B.'d.
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
read from 0809A270 [0809F818] (7 bytes => 7 (0x7))
0000 - 0a 3c 21 2d 2d 20 42                              .<!-- B
SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
24616:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_clnt.c:460:

I'm now stuck with all of these errors, and don't have a clue what any of
them mean. I've searched, and came up with nothing. I'm also not
subscribed to the list, so if you could please CC me with the reply if
you're able to help, it'd be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

--------------------
Rob Hensley
<[email-masked]>
http://zoidian.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]