Subject: add a certificate to a Certificate Revocation List

From: Zampognaro Sergio <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:57:20 +0100

How to add a client certificate to an already created and empty Certificate
Revocation List?

thanks
Sergio
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:10:14 +0100

> How to add a client certificate to an already created and empty Certificate
openssl ca -revoke filename

see man ca and man crl in the openssl docs.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:14:55 +0100

> see man ca and man crl in the openssl docs.
I forgot to add this link - http://www.apacheweek.com/features/crl

vh

Mads Toftum

---

From: Burkhard Ulrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:16:33 +0100 (CET)

> How to add a client certificate to an already created and empty Certificate

Here are the instructions if you are using openssl and your own CA:

First you have to revoke the certificate:
openssl ca -revoke certificate-file

Then you have to recreate the CRL:
openssl ca -gencrl -out crl.pem

If you need DER format:
openssl crl -in crl.pem -outform der -out crl.der

Regards

Burkhard