Subject: Providers of hardware key storage

From: "Francisco Corella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:12:40 -0800

Hello,

I have spent several hours searching the mailing list archive looking for
hardware key storage solutions compatible with mod_ssl.  NCipher provides
one.  Are there any others?  I saw several emails mentioning the existence
of others, but nothing concrete.  One email mentioned Broadcom in addition
to NCipher, but Broadcom sells chips, and I'm looking for a PCI card.  I
have concacted several manufacturers of SSL accelerators but haven't been
able to get any answers concerning key storage except from NCipher.

Thanks for any help,

Francisco

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Goetz Babin-Ebell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:43:26 +0100

Hello Francisco,

> able to get any answers concerning key storage except from NCipher.

OpenSSL comes with build in support for different
crypto hardware (called ENGINE, in crypto/engine/).
But support for additional crypto engines may be added on run time.

Please search the OpenSSL web pages.

Bye

Goetz

-- 
Goetz Babin-Ebell, TC TrustCenter AG, http://www.trustcenter.de
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)40 80 80 26 -0,  Fax: +49-(0)40 80 80 26 -126