Subject: Apache + Modssl mod_log_config.so bug

From: Karl Grindley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:00:40 -0400

after upgrading to Apache 1.3.26 and ModSSL 2.8.9, the webserver seems
to die after/during log rotation with the following errors.  It appears
that when the logs either don't exists, or some other scenario, the
webserver dies after receiving a -HUP or -SIGUSR1.

[Sat Jun 22 04:00:16 2002] [notice] SIGUSR1 received.  Doing graceful
restart
Syntax error on line 62 of /var/www/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /var/www/modules/mod_log_config.so into server:
/var/www/modules/mod_log_config.so: undefined symbol: ap_escape_logitem

Anyone else experiencing this?  seems to even happen with standard
RedHat apache version 1.3.22 also.

Thanks,
Karl

-- 

Karl Grindley
Senior Systems Analyst
Terra Lycos, Inc.

---------------------------------( Disclaimer )----------
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee 
and may contain information that is CONFIDENTIAL. If this 
message has been received in error, please immediately 
notify us via e-mail and delete it.  Please note that 
Internet e-mail does not guarantee the confidentiality 
or the proper receipt of the messages sent.  If the 
addressee of this message does not consent to the use of 
Internet e-mail, please communicate it to us immediately.
----------( Disclaimer )---------------------------------
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:41:41 +0100

> RedHat apache version 1.3.22 also.

You'll get this error if you don't completely stop and start the server
after upgrading from 1.3.22 to 1.3.26. (since the 1.3.22 httpd binary is
trying to load the 1.3.26 modules after the HUP or USR1 signal, but they
aren't compatible)

Regards,

joe