Subject: http and https from same config

From: "Svein E. Seldal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:02:28 +0200

Hi guys,

I want to run a http server on port 81 which should only be available to 
the localnet, say 192.168.0.x/24 *and* on https with client certificates 
from the whole world. No passwords should be used in neither methodes.

Now I've got SSL working with the certs, so that's not my question, but 
how do I configure the virtual host to enforce these access rights? 
Today I've "hacked" the problem by running two separate (yet identical) 
virtual hosts. I want to run http(81) and https from the same virtual 
host config. Is this possible?

Regards,
Svein
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:53:09 +0200

>From: Svein E. Seldal [mailto:[email-masked]]
>
>Hi guys,
>

I can't think how you would do this. IMHO, what you have already done (far from being a "hack") is the correct way to proceed - two virtualhosts with the same DocumentRoot (hence same content) but with different ports. The trouble is the "SSLEngine on" directive - this has only context in a VH, i.e. you can't make it conditional on an IP range, for instance.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle