Subject: apache 1.3.24 mod_proxy patch and ssl - fix to test

From: MOROZZO Valerio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:59:16 +0200

Hi,
   I usually use Apache in order to provide reverse proxy HTTP/HTTPS
services with mod_sll; depending ont the fact I have to use 1.3.24 version
(further version are not supported by mod_sll, if I don't get wrong), I
needed to patch the proxy module in order to solve two problems:

- cookie problem (resolved by Apache chunked_proxy official patch)
- keeyalive problem (resolved manually integrating proxy module 1.3.24 code
with 2.0 code)

So I defined a stable version of apache 1.3.24 that seems - from the first
test - to be ok both form http and https.

The matter is that module mod_ssl - in configuration phase - have to modify
the proxy module http_proxy.c and mod_proxy.c and I had to manually patch
that module with mod_ssl code get from .rej file in order to make it
working.

I don't know if there is also other patches for apache 1.3.24 and mod_ssl,
but if anyone is interested to my code let me know and I'll send him!

I'll will be very happy if this code will be helpful for other people with
my same problems, as I was happy to found the various pieces that made it on
the internet.

Thank you very much and Regards,
Valerio Morozzo
Archesis s.r.l. (www.archesis.it)
Torino (Italy)

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]