Subject: RE: Apache 2.039

From: "Xiao, Wei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 14:02:50 -0400

When I run configure --with-ssl=$directory_of_open_ssl, it complained that
it can't find ssl toolkit library. Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks.

Wei

-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Woolley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 1:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Apache 2.039

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Tony Jarriault wrote:

> I'm search openssl for Apache 2.039, where can i find it, please ?

I assume you mean mod_ssl, not openssl.  mod_ssl is bundled with Apache
2.0.x -- check your copy of Apache 2.0 and you'll find that it's already
there (caveat: we do not distribute binaries of mod_ssl, only source
code).

OpenSSL is the same regardless of what mod_ssl you use and is available at
www.openssl.org.

--Cliff

PS: Can we PLEASE add this to the FAQ or even the main modssl.org site?

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:09:19 -0700

Have a look at http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html
That is a chapter I have online that explains step by step how to build
Apache 2 with SSL support.