Subject: Re: SSL Certs

From: "Brandon Amundson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:06:46 -0500

Hello,

I have a question.

We have created a CA using openssl for our apache server which is running on
linux..  We currently have more than 200 users that access our site via
certificates.  Here is what we are having problems doing.

We have an IIS Web server which we would like to allow our current
certificate users to be able to access with their existing certs.  Is it
possible to generate a server certificate request on the IIS server and have
that signed by the CA on the linux box? If this were possible, would this
allow our researchers access to the second website with the same certs?

Again, if this is possible, what is the command to have the request signed
by the CA?  We have attempted this and we continue to get an error. Here is
the error.

Brandon Amundson
BBN Technologies
LAB: 703 284 8189
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:49:45 +0100

> by the CA?  We have attempted this and we continue to get an error. Here is

Put a subject on your postings so you'll know if someone responds...

AFAIK, certificates are all in a standard format and so are
cross-platform. To sign the certificate, use the sign.sh script that
comes with the mod_ssl distro (in the pkg.contrib directory).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.