Subject: RFC 2459 'Subject Alternative Name'

From: Andrew Widdowson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 00:48:03 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

	Is there any preexisting way to expose the X509v3 Subject
Alternative Name data that a client certificate provides into the
environment variable space (or a similar space)? Specially, I
want to obtain the rfc822Name. Currently I am using the deprecated Subject
Distinguished Name EmailAddress attribute, and would prefer the newer
Alternative Name.
	Any advice, pointers, or patches are greatly appreciated.

	-Andrew Widdowson
--
Carnegie Mellon University Computing Services
Network Development Group
http://www.net.cmu.edu/groups/netdev/

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]