Subject: Problems installing mod_ssl on Apache 1.3.19

From: Matthias Keller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 12:47:09 +0200

Hi

I have a SuSE 6.4 Server with Apache 1.3.19 (with PHP4 and mod_perl) 
which works correctly so far.

Yesterday I wanted to add mod_ssl to the server using yast.
I installed it with no errors, but when I tried to restart the server 
 (rcapache restart) i got this:

Syntax error on line 213 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_sxnet.so into server: 
/usr/lib/apache/mod_sxnet.so: cannot open shared object file: No such 
file or directory

I had a look into /usr/lib/apache/ and there was NO mod_sxnet.so and 
there's neither one on the whole system (did a file search in MC)
I also had a look into the mod_ssl.rpm from the CD and there's also NO 
mod_sxnet.so in it!!

Then I downloaded the tarball for 1.3.19 (v 2.8.3) and got the 
sxnet-part out of it, compiled it with no errors and got a mod_sxnet.so.

I copied it into /usr/lib/apache/ with the only difference that 
 rcapache  states OK but the server isn't up and in the 
/var/log/httpd/error_log there's a line like:

[Mon May 27 12:35:21 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in use: make_sock: 
could not bind to port 80

I even tried restarting the whole server, no success....?!  Any idea?

btw: my httpd.conf around line 213:
<IfDefine SSL>
LoadModule ssl_module         /usr/lib/apache/libssl.so
LoadModule sxnet_module       /usr/lib/apache/mod_sxnet.so
</IfDefine>

if you might need any other part, tell me...

Another thing:
Tried to use the mod_sxnet.so from mod_ssl 2.8.4 and got a slightly 
different; very strange error:
Syntax error on line 213 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/mod_sxnet.so into server: libssl.so.0.9.6: 
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks for any help!!!

Matt

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]