Subject: Https problems with MSIE

From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:18:37 +0200

Hello.

We have a user with MSIE 6.00.2800.1106 who is unable to connect to one of
the sites we are hosting (https://www.lindorffd.com). He is using Windows
2000 SP3.

Have any of you had problems with MSIE 6.0 browsers?

I have seen suggestions to disable SSLv3, but wouldnt that adversely affect
other users?

Any suggestions are welcome.

-Torvald
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Sven Geisler <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Sep 2003 09:46:20 +0200

Hi Torvald,

You can find a tip regarding the MSIE issue at
<http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC49>.

I also discovered that the newest MSIE has more trouble with mod_ssl
than other browsers.
We saw that a MS Proxy Server (or MS ISA Server) with enabled
authentification using NTLM increase the issue.

We use the another way to resolve the MSIE keepalive issue. We have set
up a KeepaliveTimeout of 120 seconds.
The apache server may need more memory resources because there are more
open apache processes to cope with the longer timeout.

Regards,
Sven.

-- 
Sven Geisler <[email-masked]>
AEC/communications GmbH