Subject: RE: Verifying enabled ciphers?

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:08:45 +0100

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
>
>Nearly everything we believe is second hand. For example, less than 500
>people have seen the Earth from space, yet the majority of 
>people believe it is round (or an oblate sphere for the pedants).
>

Perhaps. But this is not why we believe it to be round. We know it is a
sphere from observations we make on the surface. For instance, ships
sailing away from port disappear from the bottom up (Columbus knew
that). The main evidence comes from the fact that the angle of elevation
of astronomical bodies sighted at the same time in different places
varies in a way that can only be explained if we are on the surface of a
sphere.

In any case, billions of people have seen at first-hand photos of the
Earth from space. Are we to assume all photos are always faked?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

PS I liked your one about Alexander Graham Bell :-)

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:34:29 -0000

Apologies for the last message everyone. I thought I was sending it
personally, and not to the list. 

Must pay more attention in the mornings.

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Nearly everything we believe is second hand. For example, less than 500
people have seen the Earth from space, yet the majority of people believe it
is round (OK pedants, an oblate sphere).

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:33:18 +0000

What round?  Wow!  That's news too me.  Now I can resume my travels as I had 
paused for conscerns of walking off the edge....