Subject: RE: mod_ssl and apache 1.3.26

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 02:23:11 -0400

Hey , 

I too have the same requirement. I want to install(add module) only mod_ssl
to existing apache and openssl . Many sites explain how to install apache
with mod_ssl from their sources. but no where I found how to add the
mod_ssl module alone. 

I appreciate if any one can help us in doing this. 

thanks 
ibrahim

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Andreas Schnell [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:31:35 +0200
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mod_ssl and apache 1.3.26

Hey,

I try to install mod_ssl.

The problem is that the install manual just describes how to install it
together with apache and openssl.

Well... I have Apache 1.3.26 and openssl 0.9.6c already installed and don't
want to remove it just to install mod_ssl.

Is there any way to install mod_ssl, even if apache and openssl is already
installed ?
I hope so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thnx

Andreas

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://mail2web.com/ .

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:32:05 -0400

> I appreciate if any one can help us in doing this. 

Ibrahim,

Windows or Unix?

On Windows I may be able to explain it, but not Unix.
Read my reply to Andreas re version of OpennSSL.

-chris

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:09:18 +0200

> with mod_ssl from their sources. but no where I found how to add the
This is only possible if apache already has EAPI built in.
To check do: ./httpd -V
It should list:  -D EAPI for the install without rebuilding apache
to work.
Also make sure that openssl is OpenSSL 0.9.6g.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall