Subject: SSL for apache 2.0.39

From: "Jess Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:28:26 -1000

I downloaded the binary for RedHat for 2.0.39 and installed it on RedHat 
7.1.  For some reason apache will not start listening on 443!  Its driving 
me crazy.  It works fine for port 80 just not 443.

Do I need to download something in addition?  I am trying to use
./apachectl startssl to start it up

Jess

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:38:13 -0400 (EDT)

> ./apachectl startssl to start it up

Don't be so lazy <smile>  dump the rmp's, meaning uninstall em and grab
the apache source and openssl source and hand compile, all should function
then.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!