Subject: Problem of sign.sh ( Create CA for WebServer )

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:58:17 +0800

Hello,

My System is Redhat 7.2, Apache 1.3.22 and openssl 0.9.6b...
After I get the sign.sh from here :
http://www.modssl.org/source/cvs/exp/mod_ssl/pkg.mod_ssl/pkg.contrib/sign.sh

then run the command : sign.sh ssl.csr/server.csr ( location path is
/etc/httpd/conf, sign.sh into /usr/bin )

the error message :

[root@itahost2 conf]# sign.sh ssl.csr/server.csr
CA signing: ssl.csr/server.csr -> ssl.crt/server.csr:
Using configuration from ca.config
./ca.key: No such file or directory
trying to load CA private key
28968:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:bss_file.c:245:fopen('./ca.key','r')
28968:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:247:
CA verifying: ssl.crt/server.csr <-> CA cert
Error loading file ca.crt
28969:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:bss_file.c:104:fopen('ca.crt','r')
28969:error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system
lib:bss_file.c:106:
28969:error:0B084002:x509 certificate
routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib:by_file.c:278:
usage: verify [-verbose] [-CApath path] [-CAfile file] [-purpose
purpose] [-engine e] cert1 cert2 ...
recognized usages:
        sslclient       SSL client
        sslserver       SSL server
        nssslserver     Netscape SSL server
        smimesign       S/MIME signing
        smimeencrypt    S/MIME encryption
        crlsign         CRL signing
        any             Any Purpose

So, can you help me to fix this problem ?

Thank a lots.

Edward.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]