Subject: RE: Apache 2.0.35 and SSL

From: Lynn Gazis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:17:39 -0700

I found I needed to go to http://www.gnu.org and download, build, and
install flex to get apache 2.0.35 to build with ssl on my HP UX 11.0 system
(it didn't seem to care for the lex that was already installed).  So I'd
suggest you try that.

Lynn Gazis (not that I have it working on that system, but it does build)

-----Original Message-----
From: paul priestman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 1:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Apache 2.0.35 and SSL

Hello all,

I am trying to compile apache 2.0.35 with ssl but it is not working.  My 
config is as follows:

./configure --prefix=/path/whereiwant/apache \
--enable-ssl \
--with-ssl=/path/to/openssl

however on make i get the following error

flex -Pssl_expr_yy -s -B 
/home/user/jwoodman/apache/httpd-2.0.35/modules/ssl/ssl_expr_scan.l
sh: flex: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ssl_expr_scan.c'
Current working directory 
/home/user/jwoodman/apache/httpd-2.0.35/modules/ssl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory 
/home/user/jwoodman/apache/httpd-2.0.35/modules/ssl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/user/jwoodman/apache/httpd-2.0.35/modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

I have managed to get apache 1.3.22 working with modssl and apache 2.0.35 
working without ssl.

Thanks for your help

Regards

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world's largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]