Subject: Re: building shared libraries with OpenSSL

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:05:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Percy Rotteveel wrote:

> I've read your article regarding: "building shared libraries with OpenSSL"
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg15745.html). The
> instructions are very clear and very helpful. When I execute "make
> build-shared", I get the following error message:
>
> ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `do_solaris-shared'
>
> Do you have any clue what is wrong and how to solve it?
>
> In advance, thank you so much!
>
> With kind regards,
> Percy

I've had somebody else running Solaris report the same thing to me.
Unfortunately I've not had any experience building OpenSSL on Solaris...
I've only done it on Linux.  Maybe somebody else on the modssl-users list
has, so I'm cc:ing this to the list...

--Cliff
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Carlos Villegas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:26:21 -0400

We moved to apache 2 several months ago, but this looks familiar. Looking 
through some old notes I found that I used the following options to configure
(for apache 1.3.27):

 --enable-module=most \
        --enable-shared=max \
        --enable-module=so \
        --enable-module=ssl \
        --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE 

I remember that the last of those args made it possible to compile it. Hope
it helps.

Carlos