Subject: problems after upgrading mod_ssl and apache..

From: Arnvid Karstad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:07:41 +0100

Hiya

Yesterday we upgraded on of our http servers from apache 1.3.26 to
1.3.27 with the equalent version of mod_ssl.

root@nextgeneration:/usr/src/other/php# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
Apache/1.3.27 mod_ssl/2.8.12 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
 Some of your private key files are encrypted for security reasons.
 In order to read them you have to provide us with the pass phrases.
 Server ssl.reroute.set:443 (RSA)
Enter pass phrase:
Ok: Pass Phrase Dialog successful.
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Syntax error on line 524 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

And then the server dies... anyone know where to start looking..?

Mvh/Best regards,

Arnvid L. Karstad

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]