Subject: SSL-Problem with Mac MSIE

From: "Nisbach, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:09:48 +0100

Hi,

i am using a self-signed (but valid) certificate with
'Server: Apache/1.3.14, Interface: mod_ssl/2.7.1,
Library: OpenSSL/0.9.6' and the workarounds for MSIE
in the http.conf:

    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
        nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
        downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

Allowed ciphers:
	SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

But there is still a problem when trying to connect
with MSIE 5.13 on Macintosh (compatible; MSIE 5.13; Mac_PowerPC).
Here's my SSL-Log:

[info]  Connection to child 0 established (server x.x.x:443, client x.x.x.x)
[info]  Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of entropy
[error] SSL handshake interrupted by system [Hint: Stop button pressed in
browser?!] 
        (System error follows)
[error] System: Connection reset by peer (errno: 104)

Becaus MSIE 5.13 is the latest MSIE on Mac i need a solution/workaround
for this problem. Any ideas?

Thomas
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]