Subject: client authentication

From: "Libor Bubik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 11:59:13 +0200

We have problem with client authentication from some client.
On server side we use Apache 1.3.24 with mod_ssl 2.8.8.
All client use MS IE 5 or higher and MS Windows 98-2000.
>From some client is client authentication without problems, but from some
not.
I think, certificate on client is installed properly.

There is list from ssl logs:
[13/Jun/2002 11:18:18 11431] [info]  Requesting connection re-negotiation
[13/Jun/2002 11:18:18 11431] [info]  Awaiting re-negotiation handshake
[13/Jun/2002 11:18:18 11431] [error] Re-negotiation handshake failed: Not
accepted by client!?
[13/Jun/2002 11:18:18 11431] [error] SSL error on writing data (OpenSSL
library error follows)
[13/Jun/2002 11:18:18 11431] [error] OpenSSL: error:1409E0E5:SSL
routines:SSL3_WRITE_BYTES:ssl handshake failure

or

[13/Jun/2002 11:06:08 32598] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[13/Jun/2002 11:06:10 32598] [error] SSL handshake interrupted by system
[Hint: Stop button pressed in browser?!] (System error follows)
[13/Jun/2002 11:06:10 32598] [error] System: Connection reset by peer
(errno: 104)

Thanks for any advice
Libor

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]