Subject: RE: Confession: I use NBVHs with SSL (was Re: 2 VirtualHosts with 2 Certificates)

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:35:11 +0100

I believe you can get wildcard certs from Thwate. Check out their site.
NB - wildcards are like *.acme.com so www1.acme.com, www2.acme.com etc
all work. You cannot get *.*.com to work in any case.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Barry Smoke [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Montag, 13. Januar 2003 04:23
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: RE: Confession: I use NBVHs with SSL (was Re: 2 VirtualHosts
>with 2 Certificates)
>
>
>>These NBVHs are all derived off the same 3rd-level domain, 
>and thus we 
>>can use the same wildcard certificate for each NBVH (users whose 
>>browsers don't recognise wildcard certificates need only placate the 
>>browser once in most cases).
>
>o.k...you have my attention now...
>wildcard certificate?
>Can wildcard certificates be purchased, or is this only if you are self
>signing?
>
>I sure would like to buy one certificate, and have all my subdomains on
>my main domain recognize it without a warning window popping up for
>internet customers...
>
>https://arhosting.com
>https://www.arhosting.com
>https://secure.arhosting.com
>https://www.secure.arhosting.com
>
>I would like to cover all of my bases with one certificate...
>Is this possible?
>
>
>
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
>

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]