Subject: RE: mod_ssl-2.0.40-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:12:38 -0000

You'll find the source RPM on the source CD for Red Hat 8.0. Install it as
any normal package (eg rpm -ivh), and you'll find the spec file that built
the binary in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS.

As Geoff points out, it is unusual that Red Hat 8.0 uses a separate package
name, but Red Hat have been doing this since version 7.0. With version 8.0,
the "apache" package name disappears and is called "httpd" instead. I guess
they are synchronising the names of the packages to match the daemon names,
although I haven't yet checked to see if "bind" has become "named".

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Theories of evolution are like buses - there'll be another one along in a
minute

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Mike Pacheco [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 25 October 2002 18:30
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: mod_ssl-2.0.40-8
> 
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> Been on the mod_ssl site from top to bottom and I can not 
> find mod_ssl for
> apache 2.0.40 - I do a custom install of RedHat 8.0 - pick 
> httpd and mod_ssl
> and then query the installed packages after it finishes and I 
> test apache
> with ssl successfully and I get:
> 
> rpm -q mod_ssl = mod_ssl-2.0.40-8
> 
> I would like to get my hands on the source for this version 
> of mod_ssl for
> some custom install options but I can not seem to find it.  
> Can somebody
> please point me in the right direction?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Mike Pacheco
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:26:22 +0200

> although I haven't yet checked to see if "bind" has become "named".

No, it hasn't, and remind "bind" (bind-9.2.1-9).

I think they wanted a different name when they switched from Apache 1 to
Apache 2.
By the way, considering Apache 2's site is "http://httpd.apache.org/",
I guess the choice of name "httpd" could be understood. But I was also
quite suprised when I first saw this name in Redhat 8.

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |     Monday, Oct 28 2002, 22 Heshvan 5763
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Long periods of drought are always
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |followed by rain.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]