Subject: RE: apache+mod_ssl & kill -USR1

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:50:16

** Reply to note from "Julian C. Dunn" <[email-masked]> Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:20:53 -0500 (EST)
>   
> On 17-Jan-2002 Roman V Moroz wrote:
>   
> > Is there possiblity to restart Apache with mod_ssl graceful (with kill -USR1 
> > httpd)?
>   
> Yes, it's possible, but if you are adding or deleting new SSL virtual
> hosts, you cannot use SIGUSR1; it needs a full restart.

Actually, any change to the number, location or content of a
certificate or key file requires a full restart.  Non-SSL virtual
hosts, and changes of apache configuration of your virtual hosts can be
done with SIGUSR1.  I am not sure about SSL configuration of things
besides CRT/KEY files, so your should either try SIGUSR1 and make sure
it works. (It usually fails by killing apache)  If it doesn't shutdown
and restart the server.

Rick

Rick Widmer
Internet Marketing Specialists
http://www.developersdesk.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]