Subject: make cert failed

From: "Petryczka, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:19:34 -0400

Just installed it all.
Accessed http://myaddr:8080 just fine.
Tried to access https://myaddr:8443 and got a "Security Alert" pop-up which
led me on to "install in Trusted Root Certificate Authority store" which
seemed to succeed.
Tried to access again and still get the same security alert pop-up.

ssl_engine_log shows nothing bad except an initial warning "Common name does
not match server name".  So I figured maybe i need to put the exact FQDN in
there for CN so i went and tried to do a "make certificate" again only that
failed in step 3 (generating cert with snake oil)  "error 10 at 1 depth
lookup:certificate has expired".

Do i need the FQDN in the CN setting?
Should i have deleted the old certificate info somehow first before re-doing
make certificate?
Do i need to re-do the make install?

-george

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]