Subject: apachectl restart problem...

From: Sean M Alderman <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 2002 08:18:47 -0400

Greetings all,
  I'm curious if anyone has come across issues with starting apache
using -
# $APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl startssl
and then having apache hang when issuing this -
# $APACHE_HOME/bin/apachectl restart

I'm running 1.3.26 with the latest mod_ssl on Solaris 8.  I don't get
any error messages in the logs, and apachectl says that it restarts just
fine, but when you point a browser back to the server it does not
respond.  I can fix it with an apachectl stop;apachectl startssl, but
I'm just curious about not being able to do the restart.
-- 
Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst
PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center
(216) 433-2795

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]