Subject: turning of SSL v2 in modssl

From: Aditya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:25:09 -0700

Is it sufficient to change:

 +SSLv2

to 

 -SSLv2

in SSLCipherSuite to disable SSLv2 in modssl? Is that enough to at least
temporarily limit the exposure to the latest openssl vulnerability while I
upgrade multiple machines?

Thanks,
Adi
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Peter Viertel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 11:27:05 +0100

that will turn it off...see refguide at  
http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC9

I wonder if it's time to leave SSLv2 off completely? how many browsers 
out there dont work with v3 these days?