Subject: FW: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 13566] - Program (Dr.Watson) error on Apa che.exe on Win2K

From: Ramakrishna Kuppa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 19:42:24 -0700

Can anyone confirm this - location of the problem (EAPI patch) AND solution
in version modssl 2.8.11???

I got this error on Apache 1.3.26 with modssl 2.8.10 and OpenSSL 0.9.6g on a
Win2k system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Ramakrishna Kuppa		| October 2002
Ph: 408 434 8339		| Ashwayuja Chitrabhanu 5104
http://www.intruvert.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 7:35 PM
To: Ramakrishna Kuppa
Subject: DO NOT REPLY [Bug 13566] - Program (Dr.Watson) error on Apache.exe
on Win2K

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, BUT PLEASE POST YOUR BUG 
RELATED COMMENTS THROUGH THE WEB INTERFACE AVAILABLE AT
<http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13566>.
ANY REPLY MADE TO THIS MESSAGE WILL NOT BE COLLECTED AND 
INSERTED IN THE BUG DATABASE.

http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=13566

Program (Dr.Watson) error on Apache.exe on Win2K

[email-masked] changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
         Resolution|                            |INVALID

------- Additional Comments From [email-masked]  2002-10-12 02:35 -------

  All you needed to share was this segment...

function: ap_ctx_get
        6ff8f930 8b442404         mov     eax,[esp+0x4]          
ss:03cfb26f=????????
        6ff8f934 53               push    ebx
        6ff8f935 55               push    ebp
        6ff8f936 56               push    esi
        6ff8f937 57               push    edi
FAULT ->6ff8f938 8b7804           mov     edi,[eax+0x4]          

which identifies the EAPI patch as the source of the segv.  Suggest
(STRONGLY) that you update to 1.3.27 with the latest OpenSSL (g?) and mod
ssl, this is possibly exploit related.

But it sure has nothing to do with the Apache HTTP Server project.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]