Subject: Error in Apache log : SSL handshake interrupted

From: "Gilles gros" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 08:03:32 -0800

We have from time to time the following traces in our Apache logs :

[Mon Feb  4 08:17:24 2002] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake interrupted by
system
		[Hint: Stop button pressed in browser?!] (System error follows)
[Mon Feb  4 08:17:24 2002] [error] System: Connection reset by peer
(errno:104)

Can anyone help us finding what can the problem be related to ?

Our apache is 1.3.20 mod_ssl 2.8.4 OpenSSL 0.9.6b.

Part of our configuration is :

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
        SetEnvIf User-Agent "MSIE [1-4]" nokeepalive \
                        ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0 \
                        force-response-1.0
        SetEnvIf User-Agent "MSIE [5-9]" ssl-unclean-shutdown
</IfModule>

#
#   Inter-Process Session Cache:
#   Configure the SSL Session Cache: First either `none'
#   or `dbm:/path/to/file' for the mechanism to use and
#   second the expiring timeout (in seconds).
#SSLSessionCache        none
#SSLSessionCache        shm:/opt/apache/logs/ssl_scache(512000)
SSLSessionCache         dbm:/opt/apache/logs/ssl_scache
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

#   Semaphore:
#   Configure the path to the mutual explusion semaphore the
#   SSL engine uses internally for inter-process synchronization.
SSLMutex  file:/opt/apache/logs/ssl_mutex

SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
SSLEngine       on
SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

# The certificate files are now located under /opt/apache/conf
SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache/conf/XXX.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache/conf/XXX.key

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]