Subject: mod_ssl-2.0.35 + mod_proxy

From: Issac Goldstand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:48:33 +0300

I've just upgraded my front-end server to Apache 
2.0.35/mod_ssl/openssl-0.9.6b  When I try to connect to an https 
virtualhost, however, the connection just seems to hang there.  Now, the 
backend is NOT running mod_ssl (under Apache 1.3, it didn't have to). 
 Does it have to, now?  the engine_log is reporting:
[15/Apr/2002 02:36:15 02228] [warn]  Failed to acquire global mutex lock
[15/Apr/2002 02:36:15 02228] [warn]  Failed to release global mutex lock
[15/Apr/2002 02:36:15 02228] [info]  Connection: Client IP: 
192.168.10.26, Protocol: TLSv1, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[15/Apr/2002 02:36:15 02228] [info]  Connection to child 67 established 
(server beamartyr.net:443, client 192.168.1.11)
The first bit worries me a bit - I have no idea what it means..
The last bit seems to imply that mod_ssl is working in conjunction with 
mod_proxy to tunnel the SSL connection to the back-end (meaning that the 
back-end would need to be running mod_ssl).  Is this so?  If so, is 
there a way to disable this behavior (the idea being that the back-end 
app-server is doing quite enough as it is without needing encryption 
overhead too :))

Please cc me in replies.  Thanks,
  Issac
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:31:38 +0200

> Does it have to, now?  the engine_log is reporting:

You're hitting a bug that has been fixed in the latest cvs - see 
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/mod_ssl.c?rev=1.63&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]