Subject: ssl proxy

From: "Petryczka, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:28:14 -0400

Hello,
Can a httpd be set up as a "secure proxy"?  Ie.: forward requests from a
client  (a client that doesn't get involved with any ssl stuff itself)  on
to an HTTPS site?

-george

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:48:28 -0400 (EDT)

> client  (a client that doesn't get involved with any ssl stuff itself)  on

Yes.  With Apache 1.3 / mod_ssl 2.8.x, you _might_ have to enable
SSL_EXPERIMENTAL or something like that, I'm not sure.  But it can be
done.

--Cliff

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:11:59 -0400

> > Can a httpd be set up as a "secure proxy"?  Ie.: forward requests
> > from a client  (a client that doesn't get involved with any ssl
> > stuff itself)  on to an HTTPS site?
> 
No special compile flags are necessary in 1.3.22+ and mod_ssl 2.8
Aryeh

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com