Subject: Installation Woes

From: Rick Root <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:45:36 -0500

Hi folks.. I'm a newbie here, installing Apache and OpenSSL and mod_ssl 
from source on my RedHat 7.3 (I uninstalled the RPMS)

Call me stupid, but I must be missing something...

The installation instructions are pretty straightforward but I have one 
major problem - the httpd.conf doesn't include ANY ssl configuration 
options after it's installed.

So of course, SSL doesn't work.

The instructions seem to assume that the SSL configuration options will 
be there.  This left me really confused.

I ripped out some code from another httpd.conf but now I've got it 
responding to SSL on port 80 as well as 443.

What I'm looking for is BASIC instructions on how to configure apache to 
use SSL (and maybe someone can tell me why it's not IN the instructions 
in the first place).  I've looked in the FAQ and the reference guide but 
I haven't had any luck yet.

Downloaded everything today - apache 1.3.27, open_ssl 0.9.7a, and 
mod_ssl 2.8.12

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "cam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:49:20 -0500 (EST)

Have you tried this?

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-Compile-HOWTO/

cam

_______________________________________________
No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.
Introducing My Way - http://www.myway.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]