Subject: Problem compiling apache 1.3.23 with mod_ssl

From: "Nicola Tiling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:34:59 +0100

Hi all

We have problems to compile Apache with mod_ssl on FreeBSD 4.4
*Without* mod_ssl everything works fine but with mod_ssl compiling stops
with:

===> src/main
gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include   -funsigned-char
-DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci` gen_test_char.c
gcc  -funsigned-char -DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci`
-L/usr/local/lib -L ..//usr/ports/graphics/gd2 -o gen_test_char
gen_test_char.o  -lcrypt -lmm
./gen_test_char >test_char.h
gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include   -funsigned-char
-DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci` gen_uri_delims.c
gcc  -funsigned-char -DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci`
-L/usr/local/lib -L ..//usr/ports/graphics/gd2 -o gen_uri_delims
gen_uri_delims.o  -lcrypt -lmm
./gen_uri_delims >uri_delims.h
gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include   -funsigned-char
-DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci` alloc.c
gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include   -funsigned-char
-DMOD_SSL=208106 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT -I../lib/expat-lite
-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl  `../apaci` buff.c
buff.c: In function `buff_write':
buff.c:367: structure has no member named `filter_callback'
buff.c:368: structure has no member named `filter_callback'
buff.c: In function `ap_bcreate':
buff.c:456: structure has no member named `callback_data'
buff.c:457: structure has no member named `filter_callback'
buff.c: In function `writev_it_all':
buff.c:1103: structure has no member named `filter_callback'
buff.c:1105: structure has no member named `filter_callback'
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/src/local/apache/apache_1.3.23/src/main.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/src/local/apache/apache_1.3.23/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/src/local/apache/apache_1.3.23.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /var/src/local/apache/apache_1.3.23.

The diffs in buff.c before and after making mod_ssl are

diff buff.c buff.c.org 
276,278d275
< #ifdef EAPI
<       if (!ap_hook_call("ap::buff::read", &rv, fb, buf, nbyte))
< #endif /* EAPI */
290,292d286
< #ifdef EAPI
<       if (!ap_hook_call("ap::buff::recvwithtimeout", &rv, fb, buf,
nbyte))
< #endif /* EAPI */
340,342d333
< #ifdef EAPI
<       if (!ap_hook_call("ap::buff::write", &rv, fb, buf, nbyte))
< #endif /* EAPI */
373,375d363
< #ifdef EAPI
<       if (!ap_hook_call("ap::buff::sendwithtimeout", &rv, fb, buf,
nbyte))
< #endif /* EAPI */
459,462d446
< #ifdef EAPI
<     fb->ctx = ap_ctx_new(p);
< #endif /* EAPI */
< 
1115,1117d1098
< #ifdef EAPI
<           if (!ap_hook_call("ap::buff::writev", &rv, fb, &vec[i], nvec
-i))
< #endif /* EAPI */

greetings
Nicola

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]