Subject: Question about using modssl with Name Based Virtual Hosts

From: "Spock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:23:43 +0200

Hi
 
I understand that NBVH cannot be used in combinationi with SSL in order
to perform the initial SSL handshake. However, does this really prevent
me from defining NBVH for use at later stages in apache processing? For
example, let's assume I want two NBVH with two different FQDNs, on the
same IP, using port 443 - and I want both to use the same server
certificate, but I want them to use different other settings
(DocumentRoot, logging settings, etc.).
 
I would imagine the main problem in this case was making sure that the
single server certificate is compatible with both FQDNs, but assuming
that can be arranged via wildcards - will this work? Does anyone know of
any limitations to this (for example, things that definitely cannot work
this way)?
 
Thank you,
 
Yair Halevi (Spock)
Chief Technology Officer
MessageVine
www.messagevine.com
email: [email-masked]
Tel:   +972-3-5479996 ext. 119
Fax:   +972-3-5474827
Cel:   +972-54-776300