Subject: problem setting up my cert

From: "Roberto C. Torres Aguayo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 18:51:15 -0600

Hi everyone!

I´ve just installed  Apache Server in my box (Debian  2), I created my
private key with  password and I send my (server.CSR) to verisign, later
they send my server.crt, I follow the instructions to set up my server.key
and server.crt. (in my httpd.conf)

When I start apachessl, it ask for PEM pass Phrase, I typed the password but
I doesn´t run https and I got this error  /var/log/apache-ssl/error.log

[Thu Nov 14 17:52:10 2002] [crit] (22)Invalid argument: Error reading
private key file /etc/apache/nuevo/server.key:
[Thu Nov 14 17:52:10 2002] [crit] error:0906406D:PEM
routines:DEF_CALLBACK:problems getting password
[Thu Nov 14 17:52:10 2002] [crit] error:0906A068:PEM
routines:PEM_do_header:bad password read

these is what I wrote in httpd.conf
# Point SSLCertificateFile at a PEM encoded certificate.
# If the certificate is encrypted, then you will be prompted for a pass
phrase.
# Note that a kill -1 will prompt again.
# A test certificate can be generated with "make certificate".
#modified by Robert    ########################
#SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache-ssl/apache.pem  <---this is the original
cert
#SSLCertificateFile /u/ben/apache/apache_1.2.6-ssl/SSLconf/conf/t1.pem
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache/nuevo/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache/nuevo/server.key

the password is correct, actualy i open server.key with openssl and the PEM
phrase, but when i start the server doesn´t work

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Robert