Subject: RE: openssl0.9.6e ok with mod_ssl 2.8.10?

From: "Courtin Bert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:16:54 +0200

Hi,

yes, there is a new version of mm available on http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/mm/ 
( Status: Stable Version:   1.2.1  (28-Jul-2002) )

The advisory is here: http://www.openpkg.org/security/OpenPKG-SA-2002.007-mm.html

Kind regards,

Bert Courtin

-----Original Message-----
From: R. DuFresne [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 2:14 PM
To: Rainer Jung
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: openssl0.9.6e ok with mod_ssl 2.8.10?

If I read the advisories correctly, the problem was related to opsnssl
code.  so, recompiling apache/mod-ssl with the new or patched openssl
sources should fix that issue.  the other question though is, since there
were additional advisories related to mm, and apache 1.3.X/mod-ssl
requires mm for proper compilation and functioning, if there is a new mm
package or patch available.

Thanks,

Ron dufresne

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Rainer Jung wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> will there be a new version of mod_ssl for the security fixed openssl 
> 0.9.6e and openssl-engine 0.9.6e or is it safe to use mod_ssl 2.8.10.
> 
> If there will be a new version: is there an expected release date/time?
> 
> Thanks for any answers!
> 
> Rainer Jung
> 
> kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
> Bornheimer Straße 33a
> D-53111 Bonn
> Germany
> 
> Tel.: +49/228/98549-0
> Fax:  +49/228/98549-50
> email: [email-masked]
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]