Subject: Apache 2.0.44 with Openssl -0.9.7

From: "Yu, Ming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:54:53 -0500

Does anyone have problem with apache 2.0.44 and Openssl 0.9.7.
I installed the server, no problem.  Then I wanted to start the httpd
server, even without mod_ssl.  

./apachectl -k start

There is no message on the screen, but an error message in the log file.
The apache engine did not start.

[warn] Init: PRNG still contains insufficient entropy!
[error] Init: Failed to generate temporary 512 bit RSA private key
Configuration Failed

Any suggestions.

- Ming Yu
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Ian Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:15:59 -0600

Did you uncomment out the entropy lines in the ssl.conf file?
I am running it with 0.9.7a and it works fine 
-Ian 

-- 
Ian Miller
Sr. Systems Engineer
University of Chicago
[email-masked]

---

From: Ted Rolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:36:02 -0600 (CST)

YOU GOT Apache-2.0.44 and OpenSSL-0.9.7 WORKING???
What are your ./configure files like?  I keep getting the dreaded "can't
find X509_free" message.

---

From: "apachep2" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:42:08 -0500

It looks like many people getting this "undefined symbol X509_free" when
we try to build mod_ssl as a shared module. I am still waiting for the
solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ted Rolle
Sent: March 7, 2003 10:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.44 with Openssl -0.9.7