Subject: Re: Apache & Websphere application server

From: "arcean" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:00:30 -0700

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date:  Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:55:34 -0400 (EDT)

>On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, arcean wrote:
>
>> my probleme is : i don't have the source code of the websphere plugin ...
>>
>> do you know a way to use mod_ssl without compiling apache
>> or compiling apache to perfectly support the old way DSO module ??
>
>You'll have to either get IBM to provide you with an EAPI-compiled
>WebSphere DSO or set up two copies of Apache, one SSL and one non-SSL.

yes i've think about this (when i was testing)
but the point is : I need to provide Https pages with Websphere
and i need to use Apache as "front" server
a friend of me has opened a "Ticket" with IBM ...
i pray to have a EAPI mod_app_server in return ...

>--Cliff

__________________________________________________
D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:13:19 -0400 (EDT)

> i pray to have a EAPI mod_app_server in return ...

If that doesn't work out, you can just configure it [with rewriterules or
with proxypassreverse] so that the SSL-aware Apache will act as a reverse
proxy for the non-SSL websphereized Apache.

--Cliff