Subject: Startup Script

From: "Lawrence Cole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:52:20 -0700

Greetings everyone,
 
I realize this situation has come up before, but none of the suggestions
I have seen have worked for me.
 
I have created an Apache 1.3.26 / mod_ssl 2.8.10 server.  No problems
creating it, and no problems starting from the command line.  I am
however, unable to start automatically at boot using a script in the
rc3.d directory.  When I try to start it automatically using:
 
#!/bin/sh
#
# Start SSL-Aware Apache http daemon
#
echo "Start SSL-Aware Apache httpd"
/opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl

I get the following error:
 
ld.so.1: /opt/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed
/opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Once the system is booted up the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
"/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/openwin/lib", and I can run
"/opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl" just fine.  For automation reasons,
I need to boot at startup.  Any suggestions?
 
Regards,
 
Lawrence

---

From: Rick Widmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:15:39 -0700

At 08:52 PM 10/29/02 -0700, Lawrence Cole wrote:
>
>ld.so.1: /opt/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such 
>file or directory
>Killed
>"/opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl" just fine.  For automation reasons, I 
>need to boot at startup.  Any suggestions?
>

When in the startup sequence are you starting Apache?  It needs to be very 
late in the process. The only thing I do AFTER starting apache in myh 
startup scripts is run a process that assigns the ailias IP addresses to 
the server.

Without knowing what OS you are using I can't make any suggestions on 
exactly how to fix it, but I'm sure it is a matter of starting Apache late 
in the process.

Rick

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Lawrence Cole" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:46:45 -0700

It's the last script to run in the directory.  It's an S99 file.  I'm
running Solaris 8 with the latest "patch cluster" from Sun.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rick Widmer
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:16 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Startup Script

At 08:52 PM 10/29/02 -0700, Lawrence Cole wrote:
>such

When in the startup sequence are you starting Apache?  It needs to be
very 
late in the process. The only thing I do AFTER starting apache in myh 
startup scripts is run a process that assigns the ailias IP addresses to

the server.

Without knowing what OS you are using I can't make any suggestions on 
exactly how to fix it, but I'm sure it is a matter of starting Apache
late 
in the process.

Rick