Subject: Sign a server CSR with my own CA

From: "Markus Dallmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:13:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm using a win32 binary version of Perl 5.6.1, mod_perl 1.25 and Apache 1.3.20, which also includes the apache module mod_ssl (2.8.4-1.3.20) based on OpenSSL (0.9.6a).

I created my own server CRT (passed some problems, e.g. redirect config file in openssl req, download missing openssl.cnf from www.modssl.org) and build my own CA.

But now I have problems to sign the CRT with my own CA, because there is no sign.sh script for WinNT. I tried it with 'openssl ca' and go through several error messages (last was missing index.txt).

Does anybody succeeded in this? Or has anybody another solution?

kind regards

Markus

--

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Porter, Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 10:11:28 -0500

Search for CA.pl

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Markus Dallmann
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 8:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Sign a server CSR with my own CA

Hi,

I'm using a win32 binary version of Perl 5.6.1, mod_perl 1.25 and Apache
1.3.20, which also includes the apache module mod_ssl (2.8.4-1.3.20)
based on OpenSSL (0.9.6a).

I created my own server CRT (passed some problems, e.g. redirect config
file in openssl req, download missing openssl.cnf from www.modssl.org)
and build my own CA.

But now I have problems to sign the CRT with my own CA, because there is
no sign.sh script for WinNT. I tried it with 'openssl ca' and go through
several error messages (last was missing index.txt).

kind regards

Markus

--

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese
E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie
die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any
unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.