Subject: RE: An apache web proxy with client auth?

From: Alon Philosoph <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:36:38 +0200

Hi,

As i see in the mod_ssl code (i haven't tried it myself) when compiling with
SSL_EXPERIMENTAL_PROXY
there are several directives that can be used for this situation:

SSLProxyVerifyDepth

SSLProxyCACertificateFile

SSLProxyCACertificatePath

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Alon

-----Original Message-----
From: Torvald Baade Bringsvor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:15 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: An apache web proxy with client auth?

Sorry to bug you folks if this is a FAQ, but I haven't seen a clear answer
in the docs.

The situation I have is that some clients are connecting (via http) to an
apache configured as a reverse proxy, which then in turn connects to another
machine (again via http). Now there is a need to change the communication
between the apache and the third party machine to use https and the remote
server requires client certificates. 

Is it possible to configure apache + mod_ssl to authenticate itself to the
other server?

-Torvald
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Anbuchezhian Chelliah <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi !
Just one more but important directive is

SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile

Regards,
Anbu

> User Support Mailing List                     

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Y! Web Hosting - Let the expert host your web site
http://webhosting.yahoo.com/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]