Subject: Réf. : Re: httpd doesn't start with own certificate

From: "Arnaud De Timmerman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:39:14 +0100

Hi,

>r u using the same server key with generated certificate? also test the path
where you placed (regenerated) certificate.

i use the new i've created for the new certificate, and the path is correct in
the httpd.conf
do i have to give specials access to these both files ? 400 ? 644 ? something
else ?
i there a way to know why the server doesn't start ? do i have to add something
in the httpd.conf ?

thanks

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Glen S Mehn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:31:59 -0800

is it listening on port 443?

server# netstat -a | grep 443 <or> netstat -a | grep https

are you using `apachectl startssl`

ps -ef/-waux | grep http

should show something like:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL

if you don't see the -DSSL, then you're not running with ssl on.

-g

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Arnaud De Timmerman
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 04:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Réf. : Re: httpd doesn't start with own certificate

Hi,

i use the new i've created for the new certificate, and the path is correct
in
the httpd.conf
do i have to give specials access to these both files ? 400 ? 644 ?
something
else ?
i there a way to know why the server doesn't start ? do i have to add
something
in the httpd.conf ?

thanks