Subject: version compatibility

From: Shon Stephens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:50:32 -0400

i am currently using modssl 2.8.4 w/ apache 1.3.20 and openssl 0.9.6b. for
compatibility with another application, i need to upgrade my openssl to
0.9.6c. will i have any problems with the modssl/apache upgrading to this
version of openssl. in other words, will i need to upgrade my modssl
version? should i recompile modssl with the new openssl version, or can i
just replace what is currently there?

thanks,
shon

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Lutz Jaenicke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:29:31 +0200

> just replace what is currently there?

Source code compatibility should not be an issue. Binary compatibility
is possible, but I don't know for sure, whether some internal interface was
changed. I would thus recommend to recompile.

Best regards,
	Lutz
-- 
Lutz Jaenicke                             [email-masked]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "DG Speekenbrink" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:25:18 +0200

This is an interesting issue you put to our attention here.

I, for one, consider myself likeley to come to the same point in the
future.
So please post any results/problems you have, and support us all!

Thanks,

Dennis