Subject: ssl_scache.dir and ssl_scache.pag

From: "Emily Eileen Witcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:53:17 -0600

Is it possible to "rotate" these files? I don't seem to even be able to gzip
or move them. They are getting very large and I would like to reclaim some
disk space. They are located in /usr/local/apache/logs but also symbolically
lined to /etc/httpd/logs/ - do I need to remove the link first?

Emily Witcher - [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 09:30:30 +0100

Here's a script to rotate files from /usr/local/apache/logs to
/usr/local/apache/logs/archive:

#!/bin/csh
/bin/mv /usr/local/apache/logs/* /usr/local/apache/logs/archive
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd graceful

This will rotate all the files in that directory out without Apache dropping
a single byte. On your system you might need "apachectl reload" instead as
the above example is for a Red Hat Linux system.

- 
John Airey, BSc (Jt Hons), CNA, RHCE
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Theories of evolution are like buses - there'll be another one along in a
minute

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Emily Eileen Witcher [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 21 October 2002 20:53
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: ssl_scache.dir and ssl_scache.pag
> 
> 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk