Subject: PRNG Seeding

From: Steve Scheck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:06:07 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I feel like a major lamer asking this as I'm sure it's a simple
matter, but I must have missed it somewhere in the docs. I built
an apache+mod_ssl server according to the instructions given in
the example section on the modssl website, without apparent problems.
However, when I attempt to start the server, using ./apachectl
start|startssl, it spews:

./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

and I get this in the server logs:

[Sun Feb 10 21:04:23 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: Failed to generate
temporary 512 bit RSA private key (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Sun Feb 10 21:04:23 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[Sun Feb 10 21:04:23 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:04069003:rsa
routines:RSA_generate_key:BN lib

How do I seed the PRNG?

Thanks,

-sjs

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]