Subject: RE: mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26 on Solaris 9 getting errors

From: Zandi Patrick S TSgt AFRL/IFOSS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:10:55 -0000

OK lets try again... 
    Env: Solaris 9 64 bit, 
    GCC gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.1/specs
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld --disable-nls
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.1
     openssl - openssl  OpenSSL> version  OpenSSL 0.9.6g 9 Aug 2002
flex-2.5.4 installed ./configure  make, make install
binutils-2.13.tar  installed
apache_1.3.26
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26
///////////////  should I modify something here

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:26:34 -0400

>///////////////  should I modify something here

My usual is:
Configure mod_ssl first:

./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26

you should see the following:

Configuring mod_ssl/2.8.10 for Apache/1.3.26
 + Apache location: ../apache_1.3.26 (Version 1.3.26)
 + Auxiliary patch tool: ./etc/patch/patch (local)
 + Applying packages to Apache source tree:
   o Extended API (EAPI)
   o Distribution Documents
   o SSL Module Source
   o SSL Support
   o SSL Configuration Additions
   o SSL Module Documentation
   o Addons
Done: source extension and patches successfully applied.

go to apache dir to configure & make (with whatever options you need):

./configure  --with-layout=whatever \
    --enable-rule=EAPI \
    --enable-module=ssl \
    --enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=rewrite \
    --enable-module=cgi --enable-shared=cgi \
    --enable-module=dir --enable-shared=dir \
    --enable-module=negotiation --enable-shared=negotiation \
    --enable-module=mime --enable-shared=mime \
    --enable-module=mime_magic --enable-shared=mime_magic \
    --enable-module=log_config --enable-shared=log_config \
    --enable-module=vhost_alias --enable-shared=vhost_alias \
    --enable-module=alias --enable-shared=alias \
    --enable-module=access --enable-shared=access \
    --enable-module=auth --enable-shared=auth \
    --enable-module=auth_anon --enable-shared=auth_anon \
    --enable-module=env --enable-shared=env \
    --enable-module=actions --enable-shared=actions \
    --enable-module=proxy --enable-shared=proxy \
    --enable-module=mmap_static --enable-shared=mmap_static \
    --enable-module=expires --enable-shared=expires \
    --enable-module=headers --enable-shared=headers \
    --enable-module=usertrack --enable-shared=usertrack \
    --enable-module=unique_id --enable-shared=unique_id \
    --enable-module=setenvif --enable-shared=setenvif

make
make certificate
make install

RedHat so YMMV.. See also: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Apache-Compile-HOWTO/index.html

cam 
-----------------------------------------
[email-masked]

__________________________________________________________________
The NEW Netscape 7.0 browser is now available. Upgrade now! http://channels.netscape.com/ns/browsers/download.jsp 

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]