Subject: Compile fails while building mod_ssl - ?? bison - lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753)

From: "hunter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:15:22 -0400

Could someone help me figure out why my compile fails...
This is the first time I have tried to compile with mod_ssl - that
is with openssl in srclib.

The code builds fine otherwise.

Compile errors...

echo    /nologo /MD /W3 /O2 /I "../../include" /I
"../../srclib/apr/include" /I "../../srclib/apr-util/include" /I
"../../srclib/openssl/inc32/openssl" /I "../../srclib/openssl/inc32"
/D "NDEBUG" /D "WIN32" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN" /D
"NO_IDEA" /D "NO_RC5" /D "NO_MDC2" /Fo".\Release\\"
/Fd".\Release\mod_ssl" /FD /c "ssl_expr_scan.c"   >
I:\Temp\nm18BC.tmp
  cl.exe @I:\Temp\nm18BC.tmp
ssl_expr_scan.c
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : '<Unknown>'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1756) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1762) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1774) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1801) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1867) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1870) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1915) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1917) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1926) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1935) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1943) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1945) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
  ".\Release\mod_ssl.so"  target does not exist
  echo   kernel32.lib user32.lib wsock32.lib ws2_32.lib advapi32.lib
gdi32.lib ssleay32.lib libeay32.lib /nologo /subsystem:
windows /dll /incremental:no /pdb:".\Release\mod_ssl.pdb"
/map:".\Release\mod_ssl.map" /machine:I386
/out:".\Release\mod_ssl.so" /
implib:".\Release\mod_ssl.lib"
/libpath:"../../srclib/openssl/out32dll"
/libpath:"../../srclib/openssl/out32" /base:@..\..\os\win3
2\BaseAddr.ref,mod_ssl ".\Release\mod_ssl.obj"
".\Release\ssl_engine_config.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_engine_dh.obj"
".\Release\ssl_e
ngine_init.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_engine_io.obj"
".\Release\ssl_engine_kernel.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_engine_log.obj"
".\Release\ssl_
engine_mutex.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_engine_pphrase.obj"
".\Release\ssl_engine_rand.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_engine_vars.obj"
".\Releas
e\ssl_expr.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_expr_eval.obj"
".\Release\ssl_expr_parse.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_expr_scan.obj"
".\Release\ssl_scac
he.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_scache_dbm.obj"
".\Release\ssl_scache_shmcb.obj"   > I:\Temp\nm18BD.tmp
 echo ".\Release\ssl_scache_shmht.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_util.obj"
".\Release\ssl_util_ssl.obj"  ".\Release\ssl_util_table.o
bj"  ".\Release\mod_ssl.res"  "..\..\srclib\apr\Release\libapr.lib"
"..\..\srclib\apr-util\Release\libaprutil.lib"  "..\..\Releas
e\libhttpd.lib" >> I:\Temp\nm18BD.tmp
        link.exe @I:\Temp\nm18BD.tmp
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
'.\Release\ssl_expr_scan.obj'
        cd ..\..
        cd support
        nmake  -f abs.mak             CFG="abs - Win32 Release"
RECURSE=0 /build
      ".\Release"               Tue Jun 18 21:15:41 2002

The actual error varies ..
(before compiling with Visual Studio from the command line)

        cd ..\..
        cd modules\ssl
        nmake  -f mod_ssl.mak         CFG="mod_ssl - Win32 Release"
RECURSE=0  .\Release\mod_ssl.so

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        if not exist ".\Release/" mkdir ".\Release"
        tempfile.bat
        tempfile.bat
        tempfile.bat
        tempfile.bat
        rc.exe /l 0x409 /fo".\Release\mod_ssl.res" /d "NDEBUG"
.\mod_ssl.rc
        cl.exe @I:\Temp\nm1A17.tmp
mod_ssl.c
ssl_engine_config.c
ssl_engine_dh.c
ssl_engine_init.c
ssl_engine_io.c
ssl_engine_kernel.c
ssl_engine_log.c
ssl_engine_mutex.c
ssl_engine_pphrase.c
ssl_engine_rand.c
ssl_engine_vars.c
ssl_expr.c
ssl_expr_eval.c
ssl_expr_parse.c
\cygnus\cygwin-b20\share\bison.simple(333) : warning C4013: 'alloca'
undefined; assuming extern returning int
ssl_expr_scan.c
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : '<Unknown>'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1756) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1762) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1774) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1801) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1867) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1870) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1915) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1917) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1926) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1935) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1943) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1945) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
ssl_scache.c
ssl_scache_dbm.c
ssl_scache_shmcb.c
ssl_scache_shmht.c
ssl_util.c
Generating Code...
Compiling...
ssl_util_ssl.c
ssl_util_table.c
Generating Code...
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'G:\.NET\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'G:\.NET\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.

Variation 3 .. second compile from command line...

        cd ..\..
        cd modules\ssl
        nmake  -f mod_ssl.mak         CFG="mod_ssl - Win32 Release"
RECURSE=0  .\Release\mod_ssl.so

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 7.00.9466
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

        cl.exe @I:\Temp\nm1B2C.tmp
ssl_expr_scan.c
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{'
before 'constant'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : '<Unknown>'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1756) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1762) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1774) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1801) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1867) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1870) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1915) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1917) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1926) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1935) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1943) : error C2449: found '{' at file scope
(missing function header?)
lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1945) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'G:\.NET\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'G:\.NET\VC7\BIN\nmake.exe' : return code
'0x2'
Stop.

bison, flex and awk are from cygwin (in the path)

openssl was built following openssl Win32 Instructions not Apache's
- perl configure VC-WIN32
- ms\do_masm
- nmake ms\ntdll.mak

Apache 2.0.36 built using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET (VC7)
- build from the IDE and then from the command line (my preference)
- similar failure with both

openssl is 'openssl-0.9.6d.tar.gz'

Thanks in advance...
Chris Lewis

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]