Subject: [BugDB] mod_ssl.so does not load (again, sorry) (PR#704)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 02:28:13 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Dimitri Pochet
Version: Apache_1.3.24-Mod_SSL_2.8.8-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip
OS: NT4 SP6a
Submission from: (NULL) (217.136.205.41)

Steps to reproduce: Installation of Apache, keys generation and installation of
modSSL, according to http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3
libeay.dll and ssleay.dll copied in winnt/system32. Earlier such files (from
teraterm ttssh) removed.
openssl.exe in the path (and runnable from any working dir).
httpd.conf was edited according to the install page above, including AddModule
and LoadModule.

Symptom :
Syntax error on line 173 of C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into
server: The specified module could not be found.

log levels set to debug.

Error logs:
Nothing in event DB
Nothing in error.log (except half a timestamp)
Nothing in access.log except my successful attempts on port 80
No ssl.log has been created

Tried to use a strace on apache.exe, no success.
Then, tried using earlier versions of apache+modssl, same error.
Unfortunately I do not know C, otherwise I would have tried adding debug info
from the .so.
Given up, tima beg for help.

Question:
appart solving this problem which looks uneasy when I see the unanswered rfh on
the web, is there a way to activate some debug on loading of dso modules ?
what about the new apache versions ? any intention to follow them up ?

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Frederik Uyttersprot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:15:11 +0200

Hello Dimitri,

Did you give Apache 2.0.36 binaries a try?
It should have mod_ssl compiled into to by default as far as I know.

I managed to get all the ssl stuff and more working on Solaris, so that
won't be of any good for you....

Greets,
Frederik.

ps. small world euh :-)

---

From: "Frederik Uyttersprot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:25:42 +0200

Oeps,

Let me correct myself... only no-ssl binaries on httpd.apache.org for now.
Guess someone should compile it for you then (if possible at all).

Sorry,
-FU