Subject: RE: More Apache 2.0.35 testing

From: Lynn Gazis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:37:56 -0700

On Wed, May 01, 2002, Mads Toftum wrote:

>On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 12:50:42PM -0700, Lynn Gazis wrote:
>> I'm now getting unresolved externals when trying to build Apache 2.0.35
with
>> SSL enabled on Solaris 7, and would like, before I go farther in trying
to
>> diagnose this particular problem (and the shared memory cache problem I
am
>> having on HP UX), to ask a couple of general questions:
>> 
>Which of the shared memory cache versions? There was a fix checked into cvs
>a day or two ago.

The shmcb session cache.  Is that the one the fix is for?  If so, I'll try
it out.

>> 1) In testing Apache 2.0, should I be testing with the latest version of
>> OpenSSL 0.9.6 or with the latest pre-release version of OpenSSL 0.9.7?
>> 
>I think 0.9.6c is your safest bet - but 0.9.7 might work too.

OK, I'll test with 0.9.6c first, and try 0.9.7 if I have time.

>> 2) Is there some option that I have not found which I should be using to
>> enable to engine code (right now I am doing so by modifying mod_ssl.h to
>> turn SSL_EXPERIMENTAL and SSL_ENGINE on)?

>The old way doesn't work?

No, for some reason "SSLCryptoDevice cswift" isn't being recognized, in my
conf file, if I use --enable-rule=SSL_EXPERIMENTAL, but is recognized if I
go and modify mod_ssl.h directly.

Thanks.

Lynn Gazis
Rainbow Technologies
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 23:55:26 +0200

> The shmcb session cache.  Is that the one the fix is for?  If so, I'll try

Yes, that is the one - http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/ssl_scache_shmcb.c
The next version of apache2 should be tagged in the tree - a new release is
probably not too far away.
> go and modify mod_ssl.h directly.
Will adding -DSSL_EXPERIMENTAL to CFLAGS work? There is a bit in the
README file about how it is supposed to work.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 18:24:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Mads Toftum wrote:

> Yes, that is the one -
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/ssl_scache_shmcb.c
> The next version of apache2 should be tagged in the tree - a new release
> is probably not too far away.

Yep.  SHMCB was totally messed up in 2.0.35.  (SHMHT worked I think.)
Aaron Bannert and I spent some long hours a few evenings ago getting it to
work right.  :)  Anyway, as you say, the change is in for 2.0.36, which is
in final testing and should be released in the next few days.

--Cliff