Subject: Compile of Apache

From: Luiz Agnaldo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:08:57 -0300

Firstly, excuse my weak English.    
I am trying to compile the Apache-1.3.26, with SSL (openssl-0.9.6d or 
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26) and mod_perl (mod_perl-1.26). I tried to compile 
in several different ways, for the Apache, using the openssl and for the 
mod_perl (INSTALL.simple.mod_ssl).   
Both seem to compile well and to generate the binary ones. SSL works 
well. However, in any situation I am getting to execute scripts PERL.   
Could anybody send me a compilation and installation script of the 
Apache with SSL and MOD_PERL that it works appropriately?   
I am using RedHat 6.2 in a Sun UltraSparc 10 with perl 5.003.   
Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 01:54:32 +0800

> I am using RedHat 6.2 in a Sun UltraSparc 10 with perl 5.003.

Would you mind to tell me your compile and installation steps about your
apache 1.3.26, mod_ssl 2.8.10-1.3.26 and openssl 0.9.6d ?
Because before the time, I was fail to compile and install with the
following packages :
Apache 1.3.26
php 4.2.2
mod_ssl 2.8.10-1.3.26
OpenSSL 0.9.6d

But now, the I'm success to compile and install with the following packages
:
Apache 1.3.26
php 4.2.2
mod_ssl 2.8.10-1.3.26
OpenSSL 0.9.6e

Thank for your help !

---

From: Andrew Lietzow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:21:07 -0500

> I am using RedHat 6.2 in a Sun UltraSparc 10 with perl 5.003.

Perhaps it's the "I love to be on the bleeding edge" drive in me which has 
regrettably proven to be something other than a brilliant move so many times, 
but I question why would you not install Apache 2.0.40 and skip the 1.3.26 
all together?  

It seems to work so much better right out of the tarball, having mod_so, 
pre-compiled into the code, making the addition of mod_perl and mod_ssl 
seemingly much easier.  

I do know that the install of 2.0.X has been quite smooth, relative to 
1.3.26.    

Am I off track in that assumption?   Am I leading this fellow astray?   
Perhaps there are quirks that won't allow an install to RHL 6.2 and Sun US 10?

-- 
Andrew Lietzow        
The ACL Group, Inc.

---

From: Rick Widmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 03:03:53 -0600

>but I question why would you not install Apache 2.0.40 and skip the 1.3.26

For me the fact that PHP doesn't work well with Apache 2 yet is a 
killer.  I hate
to say it, but Apache 2.0.3x stable has been compared to a Microsoft version 1,
a late beta version released to the public for wide testing.  There are a 
number of
things that are still not working right.  (Sorry I can't list them.)

There was very little warning about the stable version of Apache 2, and no 
time to
make sure PHP was compatible.  The next PHP release of PHP should support
Apache 2 out of the box.  Still there is the feeling on PHP mailing lists 
that Apache
2 is still not quite there yet.

Rick