Subject: SSLRandomFIle Error (Apache-mod_ssl)

From: "Manoj Kithany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 21:11:48 +0000

Hi:

I think I have Apache + mod_ssl on my IBM AIX box.

My httpd.conf file contains:
-----------------------------------------------------------
<VirtualHost *>
   ServerAdmin [email-masked]
   DocumentRoot /kit
   ServerName www.my.server.name
   ErrorLog logs/log1
   SSLRandomFile file /dev/egd-pool 1024
   SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ssl/certs/cert.cer
   SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ssl/bin/private.key
</VirtualHost>
-----------------------------------------------------------
When I RUN my Apache, I get following Error:
-----------------------------------------------------------
# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 980 of /kit/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'SSLRandomFile', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module 
not included in the server configuration
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started
-----------------------------------------------------------

Do you know what is the problem? I read the documentation regarding the 
above since my IBM AIX Box does NOT have /dev/random

THANKS!

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Lutz Jaenicke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:17:31 +0100

> My httpd.conf file contains:

But you didn't read carefully enough. If you are using an EGD style device,
you must explicitely tell:
SSLRandomSeed startup egd:/var/run/egd-pool
SSLRandomSeed connect egd:/var/run/egd-pool

(Your path of course is different...)

Best,
	Lutz
-- 
Lutz Jaenicke                             [email-masked]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]