Subject: How to install mod_ssl + mod_webapp?

From: Wes Barris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:20:47 +1000

We are currently using Jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1 with Apache httpd 1.3.22
(binary distributions for linux downloaded from the www.apache.org
website).  I also have mod_webapp installed (downloaded from the
same website).

Now, I want to add mod_ssl functionality to this mix.  From what I
gather from the www.modssl.org website, I must throw away what I
have and compile from sources in order to use mod_ssl.

I followed the instructions on this page:

	http://www.modssl.org/example/

and everything seemed to build properly.  After copying mod_ssl.so to
the new ./libexec directory and adding the following two lines to
./conf/httpd.conf:

LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

I get this error message:

root@redhat# /usr/local/apache-ssl/bin/apachectl configtest
[Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
[Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] module mod_webapp.c is already added, skipping
Syntax OK

I can read the words but I don't really know what to do.  It seems
to be saying that I have to compile mod_webapp using -DEAPI.  Can
anyone provide some guidance?

-- 
Wes Barris
E-Mail: [email-masked]
Phone: 07-3346-2504
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:02:42 +0100

> anyone provide some guidance?

G'day,

I think you've got most of it yourself...

The standard apache API needs to be extended to allow the inclusion of
mod_ssl, that is why you have to compile apache with extended API (EAPI)
if you want to load or compile in mod_ssl. It seems that mod_webapp
(don't know it personally) does indeed need to be re-compiled using
-DEAPI if you are going to load it into a EAPI apache.

Rgds,

owen Boyle.

---

From: "Will Guaraldi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:36:09 -0500

For the record, we're running Apache 1.3.20/mod_ssl 2.8.4 with ApacheJServer
1.1.2 and we get the same warning when it loads JServ that you get with
mod_webapp.c and our application works fine.  So you might not have to
recompile the mod_webapp module with -DEAPI.

/will

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Wes Barris
> Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:21 PM
> To: modssl list
> Subject: How to install mod_ssl + mod_webapp?
>
>
> [Wed Feb 20 15:59:04 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO
> libexec/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module
> might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)