Subject: Apache 2 +SSL

From: Christopher Chaduka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:35:24 +0200

I searched through some archives and found out Apache 2 comes with mod_ssl 
code included, and that to enable SSL/TLS support in Apache 2, one has to 
compile OpenSSL first, then compile Apache 2 and --with-ssl=/path/to/openssl
I did exactly that. Isn't the default configuration file I get supposed to 
have some SSL directives in there? Am I brain dead? What am I missing?

--

Christopher Chaduka
Webmaster/Systems Administrator
Technical Department
M-Web Zimbabwe
Tel: +263 4 253333 Fax: +263 4 708055
Mobile: +263 11 600994
http://www.mweb.co.zw

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Christopher Chaduka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 04:55:47 +0200

Aaaaaah, got it. Apache 2 comes with mod_ssl code. For those who might be 
in my situation, read this doc:

http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html

Cheers!

Kiri

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:46:59 -0800

You can checkout a chapter I put at
http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html 
for detailed explanation on how to get SSL working with Apache 2,
including a conf snippet with the minimum set of directives to enable SSL

Cheers

Daniel

---

From: "Estrade Matthieu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:40:51 +0100

Maybe try to add

./configure --enable-ssl --with-ssl=path-to-openssl

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Christopher Chaduka
Envoyé : Monday, November 11, 2002 3:35 AM
À : [email-masked]
Objet : Apache 2 +SSL

I searched through some archives and found out Apache 2 comes with
mod_ssl 
code included, and that to enable SSL/TLS support in Apache 2, one has
to 
compile OpenSSL first, then compile Apache 2 and
--with-ssl=/path/to/openssl
I did exactly that. Isn't the default configuration file I get supposed
to 
have some SSL directives in there? Am I brain dead? What am I missing?

--

Christopher Chaduka

__________________________________________________
Modem offert : 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo ! 
Haut débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w

__________________________________________________
Modem offert : 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo ! 
Haut débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w