Subject: certificate

From: "Henning, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:18:29 -0500

Hello-
I am trying to run a secure webserver Apache2.0.39 on my freebsd 4.5
machine. I am at the point I need to create the certificate. 

so far i have installed Apache2.0.39 and then i tried the following command:

openssl req -config openssl.cnf -new -out my-server.csr
Using configuration from openssl.cnf
error on line 1 of openssl.cnf
52353:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
directory:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bio/b
ss_file.c:104:fopen('openssl.cnf','rb')
52353:error:2006D002:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:system
lib:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/bio/bss_fil
e.c:106:
52353:error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system
lib:/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_l
ib.c:91:

can someone point out what i am doing wrong?
thanks,
brian
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:01:29 -0700

> can someone point out what i am doing wrong?

Looks like openssl is not finding the openssl.cnf file where it expects to find 
it (or it is unreadable). 
-- 
My other computer is your windows box.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]