Subject: RE: Problem building Apache 1.3.22 + mod_ssl 2.8.5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:41:01 -0000

What version of openssl do you have? Are you aware that you have spaces in
your configure section below, or is that just the pasting process going
wrong?

Apache 1.3.22 should compile with openssl 0.9.6b or 0.9.6c.

- 
John Airey
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute for the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Agnostic (Greek) = Ignoramus (Latin)

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Toomas Aas [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 15 January 2002 13:25
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Problem building Apache 1.3.22 + mod_ssl 2.8.5
>
>
>Hello!
>
>I have a site which is currently running Apache 1.3.20 + PHP 4.0.6 
>+ mod_ssl 2.8.4 on FreeBSD 4.3. Both mod_php4 and mod_ssl are 
>statically built into Apache.
>
>I'm trying to upgrade to Apache 1.3.22 + PHP 4.1.1 + mod_php 2.8.5 
>but can't figure out a problem which seems to exist between Apache 
>and mod_ssl.
>
>I follow these steps:
>
># setenv EAPI_MM SYSTEM
># setenv SSL_BASE SYSTEM
># cd mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22
># ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \ 
>  --with-crt=/usr/local/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/server.crt \
>  --with-key=/usr/l ocal/etc/httpd/ssl.key/server .key 
># cd ../apache_1.3.22 
># ./configure --with-layout=GNU --enable-module=ssl 
># make
>
><some output snipped>
>
>gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include  
>-funsigned-char -DMOD_SS L=208105 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT
>-I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../apaci` http_core.c
>http_core.c: In function `set_accept_mutex': http_core.c:1140:
>warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
>http_core.c: In function `set_acceptfilter': http_core.c:2538:
>`ap_acceptfilter' undeclared (first use in this function)
>http_core.c:2538: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>http_core.c:2538: for each function it appears in.) 
>
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22/src/main.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22/src.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22.
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22.
>
>------------ the unhappy end of compile ------------------------
>
>This procedure worked on the same machine with Apache 1.3.20 + 
>mod_ssl 2.8.4 but now for whatever reason it doesn't.
>
>I can successfully build Apache alone or Apache with statically 
>compiled mod_php4, but as soon as I try to add mod_ssl 2.8.5, the 
>above error appears.
>
>How can I fix this situation?
>--
>Toomas Aas | [email-masked] | 
http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Life would be easier if I had the source code.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Toomas Aas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:50:19 +0200

Hi [email-masked]! 

Thanks for replying so soon.

> Apache 1.3.22 should compile with openssl 0.9.6b or 0.9.6c.

That might be my problem right here, then. I use OpenSSL 
version which is included in the base system of FreeBSD 
4.3-RELEASE. The version is 0.9.6:

$ openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.6 24 Sep 2000

Can anyone confirm that mod_ssl 2.8.5 doesn't work with this 
version of OpenSSL?

BTW, the spaces *were* caused by my mailer as I pasted the text.
--
Toomas Aas | [email-masked] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Nostalgia isn't what it used to be...