Subject: vulnerability in mod_ssl on apache 2

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:19:04 +0100

Greetings,

Does the DoS vulnerability reported in
http://secunia.com/advisories/11092/ affect the mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29
codebase?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle
Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. 

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This
e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the
exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est
un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du
Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:24:11 +0000

> http://secunia.com/advisories/11092/ affect the mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29

No, it doesn't.

joe

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:20:43 +0100

> http://secunia.com/advisories/11092/ affect the mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29
All the filtering stuff in mod_ssl was new in the Apache 2 version and didn't
turn up until after the code was imported.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_io.c?r1=1.88&r2=1.89

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall