Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:58:40 +0000

The platform is win32. I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler installed. Any free 
C++ compiler download suggestion from the internet would be great.

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x
file from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released
recently.

what platform? unix requires nothing more than a configure in the mod_ssl 
directory, followed by make. Win32 is a little more cumbersome.
Aryeh

Aryeh Katz
VASCO
www.vasco.com

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Sean M Alderman <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 15:03:41 -0400

I believe if you register for it you can download the commandline
version of Borland C++ for free now, although I don't know how well it
supports using configure and make files.

-- 
Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst
PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center
(216) 433-2795

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:13:17 -0400

> 
> The platform is win32. I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler installed.
> Any free C++ compiler download suggestion from the internet would be
> great.
you need VC. end of story.
---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com

---

From: "Dwayne Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:29:28 -0400

Do you have to stick with 1.3.x?  Or could you go to 2.0.39?  It comes 
pre-packaged with a windows installer.  All you would have to add is the 
mod_ssl dll.

Sorry if I missed this info in earlier posts.

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:32:50 -0400

> pre-packaged with a windows installer.  All you would have to add is
> the mod_ssl dll.
> 
without a comiler, this isn't going to do him any good. He needs a compiler, 
or a binary version. There is no binary version of mod_ssl, and seemingly, 
none of 1.3.26. Best advice is to somehow get the compiler, and follow the 
instructions in INSTALL.win32.

---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com