Subject: https not working for MSIE..

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:32:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Even though I have this code in the ssl.conf i see
that MSIE is trying to use http1.1 , TLS protocol.

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
Hence i forced internet explorer to use only http 1.0
and SSLv2, but still https does not seem to work. 
This makes me wonder if the problem is due to
"keepalive"  facility?

Do I need to do something else for SetEnvIf to work?

Note: i also tried adding this:
BrowserMatch MSIE[4-5] nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force
response-1.0

which also did not help to make it work on MSIE.

Thanks in advance.

--veena

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Christopher Taranto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 17:29:17 -0700

Hi Veena,

There have been many different discussions on this topic - like adding an 
SSLSessionCache

Search through the archives using MSIE as the keyword and you should have 
most of the messages in the archives that pertain to this problem.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modssl

HTH,

Christopher Taranto