Subject: Solaris 8 - ModSSL 2.8.7-1.3.23 and libssl.so problems

From: "Vince Church" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:54:46 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I've researched the archives and found several users with this same problem,
but none of the solutions seems to work for me. Does anyone know the
workaround
or solution?

Basically I have:
 mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23
 openssl-0.9.6c
 mm-1.1.3
 apache_1.3.23
 Solaris 8 (x86)

When I try to run apache, the following message occurs.

# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 206 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libssl.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/libssl.so: symbol ap_user_id: referenced symbol
not found
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Hope I have not missed the answer somewhere else...

Thank You in advance,

Vince

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]