Subject: Can't get to Https but http://address:443 works?????

From: "Vince Montuoro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:53:43 +1100

Hi guys,

Just a quick question my server just fell, 

i can't get back to https://theaddress,
only http://theaddress:443 works???

any thoughts?

Vince
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:50:28 -0500 (EST)

> only http://theaddress:443 works???

You probably don't have

SSLEngine on

in your SSL vhost.  Right now, the client and server are both speaking
HTTP, not HTTPS... the fact that it's over port 443 and not port 80 is
irrelevant.

--Cliff

---

From: "Jeremy Tinley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:59:02 -0600

You are starting it with apachectl start instead of apachectl startssl ?

Sounds like it's listening on 443 for http, not https connections.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Vince Montuoro
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 4:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Can't get to Https but http://address:443 works?????

Hi guys,

any thoughts?

Vince