Subject: SSL_connect:error

From: sleek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:18:58 -0800 (PST)

any clues why this is happening and what can I do to correct the issue?

typhoon# openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -state -debug
CONNECTED(00000003)
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
write to 0808D4C0 [080A0000] (124 bytes => 124 (0x7C))
0000 - 80 7a 01 03 01 00 51 00-00 00 20 00 00 16 00 00   .z....Q... .....
0010 - 13 00 00 0a 07 00 c0 00-00 66 00 00 05 00 00 04   .........f......
0020 - 03 00 80 01 00 80 08 00-80 00 00 65 00 00 64 00   ...........e..d.
0030 - 00 63 00 00 62 00 00 61-00 00 60 00 00 15 00 00   .c..b..a..`.....
0040 - 12 00 00 09 06 00 40 00-00 14 00 00 11 00 00 08   ......@.........
0050 - 00 00 06 00 00 03 04 00-80 02 00 80 12 a4 c3 5c   ...............\
0060 - 33 fa e1 20 0b 14 9f 3d-f5 22 6c aa a8 8a 27 a9   3.. ...=."l...'.
0070 - 17 f3 2d 03 60 01 b4 7c-4c c3 14 3f               ..-.`..|L..?
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
read from 0808D4C0 [080A6000] (7 bytes => 7 (0x7))
0000 - 3c 21 44 4f 43 54 59                              <!DOCTY
SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
22432:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:/usr/s
rc/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/../ssl/s23_clnt.c:462:

typhoon# uname -a
FreeBSD typhoon.enabled.com 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #4: Sat Jan 11
13:32:3
7 PST 2003     [email-masked]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LOCAL  i386
typhoon# date
Fri Feb 21 17:18:45 PST 2003
typhoon#

Thanks in advance.

- Noah

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 22:09:37 -0500 (EST)

> 0000 - 3c 21 44 4f 43 54 59                              <!DOCTY
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^

Because your server is speaking http, not https.  Make sure the SSLEngine
is turned on for your ssl vhost.

--Cliff