Subject: modssl not running properly

From: Noah Garrett Wallach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:23:06 -0800 (PST)

HI,

okay I just installed modssl apache on my freeBSD 4.7 STABLE box from the
/usr/ports directory.  I am not able to go to the secure webserver that I
defined in the httpsd.conf file.  Anybody want to help me figure out how
to cure this issue?

- Noah

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Noah Garrett Wallach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:08:37 -0800 (PST)

okay I used s_client to trace the output - port 443 is just not running -
although I am starting apachectl with the startssl switch.

# openssl s_client -connect myhostname:443 -state -debug
connect: Connection refused
connect:errno=61

this is a FreeBSD 4.7 STABLE machine
and has Apache 1.3.27 and mod_ssl 2.8.12

what else can I tell you about this machine?

- Noah