Subject: How to run SSL and Non-SSL pages with same daemon...

From: Mike Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 10:02:18 -0600

Hello,

    I am upgrading to the Apache Httpd 2.0 web server from 1.3.x and 
cannot find any Apache-SSL package, so I'm assuming that SSL support is 
now only done through mod_ssl in httpd-2.0.  I compiled it with openssl 
support and it appears ready to go, but I've got a question.  I've got 
both secure and non-secure pages that I want to serve up with this web 
server...how do I do that with 2.0?  Currently, I run two separate 
daemons...httpd and httpsd each with separate config files, 
DocumentRoot's, etc.  How do I serve up both SSL and non-SSL pages with 
the same server daemon?  I want them to have separate DocumentRoot's too 
so that my web-based mail users can just type <server-name>/mail, 
instead of <server-name>/secure/mail.  How can I assign certain 
directories to be picked up by mod_ssl while others are just 
non-encrypted pages?  Also, I saw that with the 1.3.x chain of httpd 
servers, I could use mod_jk to get my server to send requests for 
certain directories to the Jakarta Tomcat container, but I don't see 
this functionality anymore in 2.0!  I need this server to also be smart 
about which pages are JSP or Java Servlets and therefore get redirected 
to my Tomcat package.

HELP?!?!  I've been fumbling around the Apache documentation for weeks 
now and can't find any direction on this!

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Estrade Matthieu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:54:57 +0100

maybe let your httpd for your non-ssl pages, and do a virtualhost on 
port 443 to handle ssl pages
or one Vhost for port 80 and one Vhost for 443

Mike Smith wrote:

> cannot find any Apache-SSL package, so I'm assuming that SSL support 
> is now only done through mod_ssl in httpd-2.0.  I compiled it with 
> openssl support and it appears ready to go, but I've got a question.  
> I've got both secure and non-secure pages that I want to serve up with 
> this web server...how do I do that with 2.0?  Currently, I run two 
> separate daemons...httpd and httpsd each with separate config files, 
> DocumentRoot's, etc.  How do I serve up both SSL and non-SSL pages 
> with the same server daemon?  I want them to have separate 
> DocumentRoot's too so that my web-based mail users can just type 
> <server-name>/mail, instead of <server-name>/secure/mail.  How can I 
> assign certain directories to be picked up by mod_ssl while others are 
> just non-encrypted pages?  Also, I saw that with the 1.3.x chain of 
> httpd servers, I could use mod_jk to get my server to send requests 
> for certain directories to the Jakarta Tomcat container, but I don't 
> see this functionality anymore in 2.0!  I need this server to also be 
> smart about which pages are JSP or Java Servlets and therefore get 
> redirected to my Tomcat package.
>
> ___________________________________________________________________
> Haut Débit: Modem offert soit 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack 
> eXtense de Wanadoo !
> Profitez du Haut Débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : 
> http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w
>

___________________________________________________________________
Haut Débit: Modem offert soit 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
Profitez du Haut Débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w