Subject: How to restrict access to LAN clients or clients with valid certs?

From: Darrell Shane <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:53:40 -0700

Our site has an area that I would like restrict access to either clients on 
our LAN or clients with a valid cert.   The following SSLRequire directive 
expresses what I would like:
	SSLRequire	( ${REMOTE_ADDRESS} =~ m/^192\.168\.1\.[0-9]+$/  or
			 ${SSL_CLIENT_I_DN} = ${SSL_SERVER_I_DN} )
The problem is that the client will not present his/her certificate unless 
the following SSLVerifyClient directive is used:
	SSLVerifyClient required
However, now clients on the LAN must also present a certificate (the 
"required" level must be used since "optional" does not work with Opera 
6.0).

Is there a way to restrict access to either clients with valid certs or LAN 
clients (such that LAN clients do not have to present a cert)?

Thank you,
Darrell
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]