Subject: Possible Apache+mod_ssl bug?

From: pr0ject <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:29:00 -0600

I recently installed Apache 1.3.22 + mod_ssl to give my users
SSL capabilities...

Unfortunately by doing so, it broke the /~user web space.

I went back, reconfigured like it should be (uncommented the basic Directory
container for the public_html options..)

Restarted apachessl with no errors. Yet, when viewing the userspace, I get
a forbidden error.

The logs tell me the following:

[Thu Jan 17 17:37:23 2002] [error] [client] Symbolic link not allowed: /home/

The ONLY fix I have found for this so far (have been testing variations of the
conf file all day!!) has been to allow the top level directory <Directory />
to have the Options FollowSymLinks.

My platform is FreeBSD 4.4-Release with Apache+mod_ssl+php... since FreeBSD
symlinks /usr/home to /home, I assume this is where the problems begin.

FYI: I have explicitly assigned the user directory container to /usr/home/*/
public_html with the same error occuring.

Is this an Apache issue? Or maybe an SSL/Apache issue?

Anyone ever have this problem? I'm at a loss at this point....
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]