Subject: Urgent help

From: Sonu Kishore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:16:44 -0700 (PDT)

I want to use apache 2.0 how do I configure it with mod_ssl & openssl.

Please guide its very very urgent.
Reply at
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Regards
sonu

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more
http://games.yahoo.com/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Lietzow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 07:51:44 -0500

Dear Sonu,
RE:>>> I want to use apache 2.0 how do I configure it with mod_ssl &
openssl.
AND
RE:>>Please guide its very very urgent.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems everyone who is in such a
hurry frequently fails to do the most essential of things which are critical
to their near term and long term success.  This is a basic step which they
probably already know but want to believe it to be otherwise.

If you MUST start this endeavor, and it appears from your urgency that this
is
not an optional activity, then instead of going to the golf course, or
enjoying time by the
pool; or being with your family or friends and enjoying ESPN, or whatever
else you could be doing, then, at least take the time to do your homework.

Should you charge ahead without being somewhat cognizant of the complexity
of
it all, your experience will be encumbered by significant frustration and
you will either
end up badmouthing the product, your operating system, the people on this
list, or
whomever; when all of that could have easily been avoided by taking this one
simple step.  RTFM.

I want to give you the absolute best advice of which I am cognizant, Sonu.
You may
think I'm being smart, arrogant, or simply rude, but I am going to pass on
to you
what some bright fellow from England recommended to me when "I" first wanted
to install this package.

And, it is a very important acronym to know if you are going to be
successful in
your endeavor.  RTFM.  "Read The Friendly Manual"...

This is not your son's tricycle that you are going to be putting together.
You might get away
with skipping the directions when you decide to put minor projects together
without
taking the time to read the directions.  However, IMO, this step CANNOT be
avoided if you
desire to attain success with your project.

With that said, you can go the the Apache or modssl.org web site and pick up
VOLUMES of information--for free!--helpful hints that will quickly get you
on your way.
Or, you can do like I did and immediately invest in at least one
comprehensive text on the
subject.   I know there are several very excellent texts out there and some
may have
been written by others on this very list.  I invested in one from Wrox Press
called
"Professional Apache" by Peter Wainwright.  Again, there are several other
excellent treatises on this subject and any of these will aid you IMMENSELY
in your
undertaking.  These people have gone before you, to pave the way and relieve
you of
untold hours, days, or even weeks of frustration and anquish.  The road is
now clear
and it is mostly smooth sailing, but you must have the roadmap if you are
going to
start the journey.

So, Sonu, if it is indeed true that you need this in a "very very urgent"
manner, then I would
recommend that you do this ASAP.    Spend the little bit of money and take
the
few hours required to AT LEAST read the basics for installation.  If you
don't want
to spend the money, then you can study at numerous places on the web.  In
very short order, you can have your system up and running!--but you must
start at the
beginning.   IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO DO THIS, IMO, you'll be coming to this
list all
of the time, screaming "FIRE, FIRE", when in reality, there is no fire.
There is only an
illusion of fire, easily put out with your very own fire extinguisher--your
mind.

If you are not willing to start at the beginning then you might as well go
play some
golf and let someone else relieve you of the frustration you are about to
experience...
IMHO...

Sincerely,

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:21:45 -0400 (EDT)

So much ergency, what perhaps 4 different "Urgent" requests??
<shakes his head>

Oh well...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!