Subject: Shared mod_ssl problems

From: Ted Rolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 01:42:36 -0600 (CST)

Justin E hit the nail on the head!  I was writing my tale of woe about
this problem (it's still below for your edification).  As I see it,
there's a missing link -- OpenSSL -- which isn't brought in to resolve
these call references.
If mod_ssl can be smartened up to use the ldconfig mechanism -- if it
doesn't already -- this might be a solution.

For background, I've been a member of this list a whole two hours...

<whine>

I too, am having this problem.

Here's my Apache configuration:

    ./configure \
--enable-mods-shared=all \
--enable-ipv6=shared \
--enable-auth_ldap=shared \
--enable-ssl=shared \
--with-ssl=/usr/local/bin/

Here's my OpenSSL configuration:

 ./config                           \
    --prefix=/usr/local             \
    shared                          \
    zlib-dynamic

[root@dungeness bin]# ./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 262 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol: X509_free
[root@dungeness bin]#

The message indicates that mod_ssl.so can't find X509_free, no?

X509_free is in /usr/local/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7.

</whine>
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]