Subject: compiling on existing apache 1.3.27 ?

From: "Andrew Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:15:05 +1100

Hi,

I had great trouble upgrading my server to Apache 1.3.27
with frontpage and PHP...  I've finally done it and now
I want to add mod_ssl to it...   In the docs, it only
describes building apache with mod_ssl from scratch - is
it easy to compile it in now?  I also noticed the directory
structure is different from the FreeBSD port - apache config
is in /usr/local/etc/apache and the rest is elsewhere.

i'd really appreciate any help,
thanks,
Andrew.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:49:06 +0100

> is in /usr/local/etc/apache and the rest is elsewhere.
It can't be done unless apache was prepared for mod_ssl in the
first place. /path/to/apache/bin/httpd -V should list -DEAPI
if it has. If that is in place, then read the INSTALL file about
upgrading, but without it you have to recompile from scratch.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall