Subject: SSL errors in Apache on Mac OS 10.3

From: Huw Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:44:43 +0000

Hi there,

I'm new to this list so apologies if I'm sending this to the wrong place (if
I am can you point me in the right direction?). I'm having problems with
installing an SSL certificate. Moreover I've having difficulty deciphering
the error log, I'm particularly worried about:

OpenSSL: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too
long 

as I understand the rest. I was wondering if one of you wouldn't mind
looking at the log excerpt and telling me what it means/what's going wrong?
The passphrase seems to be correct and I've also run the following commands:

$ openssl x509 -noout -text -in server.crt
$ openssl rsa -noout -text -in server.key

The 'modulus' and the 'public exponent' match exactly. The passphrase is
also correct on the key it asks for it when you run the previous command on
the server.key. To be honest I'm baffled by this!

<snip>
[03/Dec/2003 17:08:22 12722] [info]  Init: Loading certificate & private key
of SSL-aware server www.eatyergreens.com:16443
[03/Dec/2003 17:08:22 12722] [info]  Init: Requesting pass phrase from
dialog filter program (/etc/httpd/getsslpassphrase)
[03/Dec/2003 17:08:22 12722] [error] Init: Pass phrase incorrect (OpenSSL
library error follows)
[03/Dec/2003 17:08:22 12722] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding
routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long
</snip>

Is this an encoding issue? Or is it just that one of the files has become
corrupt? Or maybe something else that my limited experience with SSL could
never fathom in a million years? ;-)

Thanks

Huw Jenkins

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Huw Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:32:58 +0000

This is now fixed. Was a corrupted certificate.

Regards

Huw Jenkins

> From: Huw Jenkins <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:44:43 +0000
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: SSL errors in Apache on Mac OS 10.3
> 
> Hi there,
>