Subject: Re: modssl/apache2 compile problems

From: "Edward Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:18:47 -0800

Could you be a little more specific as to how I would skip the lex/flex 
portion in your workaround?  Is it something I need to do in MSVC++, or 
somewhere else?

--Ed

>From: Leo Baschy <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: modssl/apache2 compile problems
>Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 04:57:42 -0800
>
>Sounds similar to my problem building that under Windows.  Using cygwin.  
>Using the Visual C++ dsw/dsp projects.  Rest of Apache 2.0.28 builds fine.  
>Have put in openssl etc.  (Previously on same machine have successfully 
>built 1.3.20 with mod_ssl, still do.)
>
>The problem is specific to lex, specifically flex, processing
>     lex.ssl_expr_yy.c(1753) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' 
>before 'constant'
>
>That seems to indicate there is a file ssl_expr_scan.l which is being used 
>to generate ssl_expr_scan.c and that generation doesn't work right.  The .c 
>file fails to compile.
>
>A temporary workaround seems to be to skip lex/flex use the ssl_expr_scan.c 
>file that comes with 2.0.28, but I have no idea whether that might actually 
>be an (older) incorrect version then.
>
>Anyone willing to tinker with (or knowledgable about) versions of lex?
>
>Can ssl_expr_scan.l be fine tuned to make this work again?
>
>- Leo Baschy <[email-masked]>
>
>At 06:02 PM 1/31/02 -0500, Ed Wong wrote:
> >Generating Code...
> >  link.exe @C:\DOCUME~1\edwon\LOCALS~1\Temp\nmb02172.
> >    Creating library .\Debug\mod_ssl.lib and object .\Debug\mod_ssl.exp
> >ssl_expr.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol 
>_ssl_expr_yyparse
> >ssl_expr_scan.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> >_ssl_expr_yylval
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Edward Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:17:45 -0800

I've managed to get apache to compile and install seperately from mod_ssl.  
If I compile mod_ssl seperately, it builds mod_ssl.so fine.  However, when I 
try to load mod_ssl into apache(under win2k), it keeps on saying that it 
can't find the module /path_to_module/mod_ssl.so.

What am I doing wrong?  The error is:

Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into the server.  The specified 
module could not be found.

Pertinent sectino of httpd.conf is:

LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

Please help . . . . .

--Ed

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

---

From: "Edward Wong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:29:18 -0800

I fixed this problem.  I wasn't linking the dll to libhttpd properly.  
everything compiles now, but when I run apache with ssl enables ( -DSSL ), 
apache no longer responds to requests. . . .   Any suggestions?

Ed

>From: "Edward Wong" <[email-masked]>
>Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:17:45 -0800
>