Subject: Cannot install certificate: asn1 encoding routines:d2i_ASN1_SET:bad tag

From: Vsevolod Ilyushchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:06:45 -0400

Hi,

I just got an SSL certificate from Verisign. However, when I try to 
start apache pointing to my key file and certificate, I get the 
following error:

[Tue Oct  1 21:17:28 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: Private key not found 
(OpenSSL library error follows)
[Tue Oct  1 21:17:28 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D084069:asn1 encoding 
routines:d2i_ASN1_SET:bad tag
[Tue Oct  1 21:17:28 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09D082:asn1 encoding 
routines:d2i_RSAPrivateKey:parsing
[Tue Oct  1 21:17:28 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09B00D:asn1 encoding 
routines:d2i_PrivateKey:ASN1 lib

This is NOT the case of file not being found and NOT the case of having 
to enter the passphrase. Also, I ran openssl -modulus, and the output is 
the same for the certificate and the key file.

I would be grateful for any recommendations.

Thanks,
Simon

-- 
Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   [email-masked]
http://www.simonf.com          [email-masked]

"Large software projects are like werewolves because
they transform unexpectedly from the familiar into horrors."
					Fred Brooks

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]