Subject: self signed certificate

From: Peter Choe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:29:10 -0400

i am trying to create a self signed certificate on my server for apache 
webserver.  i am using mod_ssl-2.8.9.

when i run the sign.sh script to sign the server certificate i generated, i 
get the following errors:

Write out database with 1 new entries
Data Base Updated
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
server.crt: /C=US/ST=New York/L=New York/O=foo/OU=BCTC/CN=foobar.com
error 18 at 0 depth lookup:self signed certificate
/C=US/ST=New York/L=New York/O=foo/OU=bar/CN=foobar.com
error 7 at 0 depth lookup:certificate signature failure

the script creates a server.crt file, but when i try to access an https 
page, i get a page cannot be displayed message.

anybody know how i can fix this?

Peter Choe

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]