Subject: Re: Webpage over SSL timing out?

From: "Sarah Haff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:45:39 -0700

Thanks for the reply Tuftom,

What is the difference between "shmht" and "shmcb" ?
#SSLSessionCache        shmht:logs/ssl_scache(512000)
SSLSessionCache        shmcb:logs/ssl_scache(512000)

i ran the openssl s_client -connect HOST:PORT -reconnect command

The difference between the cache and non-cached connection was:

multiple lines of
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA (with caching disabled)
vs
Reused, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA (with caching enabled)

So i guess "Reused" says the caching is working. Am I right?

Thanks
Sarah.

_________________________________________________________________
Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!  
http://msnmessenger-download.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Sarah Haff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 07:28:53 -0700

Hello Mads,

What are the content of the log/ssl_scache file???
SSLSessionCache        shmcb:logs/ssl_scache(512000)

Is it just a pointer to the hash-table in the memory?

Thanks
Sarah

_________________________________________________________________
Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. 
http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963