Subject: [BugDB] mod_ssl segfaults under Solaris 2.8 (PR#671)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:04:04 +0100 (MET)

Full_Name: Ari D Jordon
Version: 2.8.7
OS: Solaris 2.8
Submission from: (NULL) (68.49.144.213)

using apache 1.3.23, starting httpd with -DSSL immediately seg faults.  post
mortem revealed it was dying in ssl_cmd_SSLEngine, specifically in that
mySrvConfig() was returning 0.  not quite sure if this is a problem with mod_ssl
or apache itself, as mySrvConfig is a define for ap_get_module_config.  any
suggestions would be appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:55:07 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 11:30:29AM -0500, R. DuFresne wrote:
> 
> So the engin version should be compatible with the non-engine version
> unless there has been something I have missed in the list here or
> elsewhere?
> 
It probably is - I just haven't seen that error before, so it was an
obvious place to start. 
BTW: when replying to [BugDB] postings, then please let your replies go
to [email-masked] - that way they will go into the bug database
and get sent automagically to the list.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 07:44:09 +0100 (MET)

-----==-=-=---=-====--==-==-====--==--=-==--=--==-
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed

At 03:18 PM 3/10/2002 +0100, you wrote:
 > suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you using the engine version of openssl? Unless you have a supported
crypto accelerator, then you shouldn't be using the engine version.

no, this is the normal version (0.9.6b).  we've built ssh against this 
version, and it works fine.

i've done some further experimentation, and this is what i've found:

after commenting out the macro version of ap_get_module_config in 
http_config.h (apache source), i was able to get a better idea of the problem

the second paramater passed to ap_get_module_config (ssl_module) seems to 
have an incorrect value for module_index (19 every time i've traced 
it).  and, each time, conf_vector[module_index] is NULL.  not sure if it's 
a coincidence, but there has been consitently a value in 
conf_vector[module_index+1].  perhaps something is misconfigured in my 
apache setup?
-----==-=-=---=-====--==-==-====--==--=-==--=--==-
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

-----==-=-=---=-====--==-==-====--==--=-==--=--==---