Subject: Constant segmentation fault errors when fetching HTTPS pages

From: "Noor Dawod" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 13:25:36 +0200

Hi,

I'm contacting you because I'm encountering a bug in recent Apache
1.3.23 and relevant mod_ssl version.

I've compiled Apache, mod_ssl and PHP 4.1.2 two days ago, and since then
the error log is filling with Segmentation faults whenever I try to
fetch a page using HTTPS protocol. Same page loads well with no
segmentation faults if using the HTTP protocol.

It is worth noting that I'm experiencing the same problem when trying to
load server-status for the server too. I don't know what's the
connection.

My server's details is:

FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE (2 weeks ago)
Apache 1.3.23
mod_ssl-2.8.6-1.3.23
PHP 4.1.2
MySQL 3.23.39 (used for PHP)

If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks for the help.

Noor

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Joerg Lehrke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 07:46:55 +0100

Hi Noor,

I heard from Ralf Engelschall <[email-masked]> that there are problems 
mixing mod_perl and mod_php with mod_ssl (especially on Solaris). Maybe you 
get the same trouble on FreeBSD.

I observed a strange behavior with mod_ssl on Solaris 8 causing bus errors 
(signal 10) of Apache children. I fixed it with using a different 
SSLSessionCache implementation (originally shmcb, which seems to be buggy 
in mod_ssl-2.8.6).

	Cheers,
	J"org