Subject: SSL_CLIENT_CERT env var empty?

From: Pavel Zdenek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:23:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

short and simple question: is the SSL_CLIENT_CERT environment
variable supposed to have some content? According to the mod_ssl
reference, it should be the raw string of PEM-encoded client
certificate. Everything else SSL_CLIENT_* is set and correct (the
client auth is working ok), except the damn SSL_CLIENT_CERT. Neither
the SSL_SERVER_CERT but i'm not interested in that. The playground is
RedHat 7.2 Linux with mod_ssl 2.8.4 on Apache 1.3.20 combination
which is a default of the distribution. If none of the SSL_CLIENT_*
env vars would be set, i would be hacking around with versions,
apache setup, suspecting RedHat etc. but it basically works and i
have no other problem, except that SSL_CLIENT_CERT is empty :-(

Best regards,

Pavel Z.

______________________________________________________________________
Reklama:
Kam do kina ci divadla? http://kultura.seznam.cz
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:46:29 +0200

> have no other problem, except that SSL_CLIENT_CERT is empty :-(
Make sure that you have the following set in the right context:
SSLOptions +ExportCertData

See also http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC21

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall