Subject: RE: Directing users wihtou enough encryption capability

From: "Philip Ravenscroft" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:52:32 -0400

One way option is along these lines:

ErrorDocument 403 <path to error page>

<Location />
SSLOptions +StrictRequire
SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE} > 128
</Location>

> > I have a site with strong encryption, demanding 128 bit 
> encryption with:
> >        SSLRequire %{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE} >= 128
> > 
> > A lot of users don't have browsers with 128 bits encryption
> > capabilities, so wat I would to do is:
> > 
> > When a user cannot use 128 bits encryption, he/she should be
> > redirected to a page with info about upgrading, in stead of just
> > getting no connection.
> > 
> > Any idea how to do that?
> 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]