Subject: Migrating Apache/ModSSL/OpenSSL certificate to Win2K/IIS 5.0

From: "Emily Eileen Witcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:32 -0700

We have a 2-year Verisign Secure Site ID running on one of our Apache
servers with ModSSL. The original CSR was generated using OpenSSL software.
Now the site is moving to Windows 2000 / IIS 5.0 (bleah) and I was searching
the web for information regarding how to transfer the certificate between
the two environments. Verisign apparently does not provide support on this
issue; I found some info at Thawte
(http://www.thawte.com/html/SUPPORT/server/apachessl.html) but it appears to
be incomplete. Microsoft's support site doesn't seem to have any word on the
subject either (surprise). So if anyone has a better link than the one I
found, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks so much...

Emily Witcher - [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Robert Lagana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:50:54 -0500

You can take your private key and public key from Apache.. import them into
MS IIS 4.0 as a key pair set. IIS 4 will ask you for the private key and the
public key.
Backup the keypair set as a keypair file (.key) this will contain both the
private key and public key in one .key file. Then go to your MS IIS 5.0
webserver and under directory security.. go through the server certificate
wizard and choose the last option "Import"
The "Import" option is designed for IIS 4.0 .key files.