Subject: relation between apache-modssl-libMM

From: fnijenlist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:57:50 -0700

Hi ppl,
Due to some security issues with openssl and the issue with libMM giving 
away a root account on systems where you can get a shell as the user apache 
is running as i'm forced to do some minor upgrades :)
I'm trying to figure out the relationship with libMM, ldd  on the libssl.so 
module and on the httpd binary returns that openssl is dynamically linked, 
great...but what about libMM?
Since it doesn't show up it's static linked, but are the functions linked 
in the ssl module or do i have to replace the whole httpd binary?
Anyway any idea, i get the idea that the libMM is used in the general EAPI 
interface, concluding that mm functions are used in the httpd binary..and 
all other modules?
If anyone can shed some light on this?

Frank

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]