Subject: Re: Upgrade ?

From: RON MCKEEVER<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:42:15 -0700

Hi Mr Woolley,

Thanks, for the email. That REALLY helped me to get my mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23
upgraded to mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26. 
aca# pwd
opt/apache/bin
aca# ./apachectl startssl
Apache/1.3.26 mod_ssl/2.8.10 (Pass Phrase Dialog)

I was wondering is there a web page at apache/or modssl site that explains the
upgrade process?  

This ? might not be for you or this group but I guess I'll ask anyway. 

When I use my phpinfo page, to see config info it shows that apache is :
Apache Version    Apache/1.3.23 

but If I look a little further down on the phpinfo page I see the correct
info:

["SERVER_SIGNATURE"] <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.26 Server at aca.fff.com Port
443</ADDRESS> 
["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) PHP/4.1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.10
OpenSSL/0.9.6 mod_perl/1.26  

I have rebooted my system and still that one line in php shows the wrong
version? Any Ideas? 

Thanks Again,
Ron

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:32:06 -0400 (EDT) Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
wrote:

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, RON MCKEEVER wrote:

> Im a little confused on how to upgrade my current mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23, to
> mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26.
> When I untar the new apache1.3.26 it is in it own dir.. So how do I upgrade
> 1.3.23? When I run the configure statement in the mod_ssl-2.8.10 dir I cant
> state --with-apache="1.3.23", I need to state the new apache dir, right??

Right... you give mod_ssl-2.8.10 the Apache 1.3.26 *source* directory for
its --with-apache= argument.  Then when you configure apache, tell it to
*install* to the same location that 1.3.23 is currently installed using
--prefix= (eg /usr/local/apache) and use the same directory structure
(using --with-layout= ) that you used before, if any.  Then when you run
'make install' from the Apache 1.3.26 source directory, it will overwrite
your 1.3.23 installation.

That should be it.

--Cliff

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]