Subject: problems connecting to https

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 18:18:38 +0200

Hello, 

I've installed apache 1.3.24 with mod_ssl-2.8.8-1.3.24, using the 
instructions on www.mod-ssl.org. To generate the certificates, I used make 
certificates.
Starting the apache with /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl is no 
problem as well. The output of netstat -lp tells me that I have httpd 
listening on the secure port I've specified. 

When I test my connection using :
openssl s_client -connect localhost:443 -state -debug
things go wrong. The last part of the output says: 

No client certificate CA names sent
 ---
SSL handshake has read 1257 bytes and written 320 bytes
 ---
New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
   Protocol  : TLSv1
   Cipher    : EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
   Session-ID: 
8AACF76997D3661407E1AB4679A9F56375AE761BDE061833B17ACF7B526616CA
   Session-ID-ctx:
   Master-Key: 
D977CE8560D5FD1C9443882B4E5CB3E0B303BC3B48AB7B7FE5D00DA267B20A95E59B516C411D 
E3D016CCA139A590095E
   Key-Arg   : None
   Start Time: 1024157834
   Timeout   : 300 (sec)
   Verify return code: 7 (certificate signature failure)
 --- 

And when I try to connect using IE I get a "page nog found" error. 

What do I have to do to make a secure connection work? 

Thanxs, 

Major
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]