Subject: Mod-SSL and Apache 2.0.45 compatibility

From: "Kaplan, Andrew H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:05:21 -0400

Is, or will, modssl be capable of running on an Apache 2.0.45 server?
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:09:08 +0200

> Is, or will, modssl be capable of running on an Apache 2.0.45 server?

Apache-2.x has mod_ssl built in - it is in the tarball, simply 
--enable-ssl when you configure apache.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

<shakes his head>  no one seems to ever read the web pages they go to or
any of the docs that come with the source they are considering to binary
up...modssl is not built into apache 2.0.X, they are no longer seperate
disticnt parts that neds to be assembled into a whole.  Now, open-ssl is a
seperate part of the whole, except in most of the linux dists available
that have it as part of or in an addtional package of that dist...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!