Subject: question: is it possible to load mod ssl when apache isnt compiled whith modssl?

From: "Arjen Halma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 05:03:01 +0100

Hello,

Perhaps it is asked 10 thousend times, in that case sorry :)

My question is: is it possible to load mod ssl when apache isnt compiled
whith modssl?

I have a webserver Apache, but modssl is not compiled at the time it was
made.

Now i want to add modssl is that possible whithout compiling a new
webserver? I use Debian

Thx,

Arjen Halma

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Eli Marmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 08:55:37 +0200

> Now i want to add modssl is that possible whithout compiling a new

If "isn't compiled with mod_ssl" means "isn't compiled with -DEAPI", then
mod_ssl can work only if your Apache version is 2.0.* (well, theoretically
you can port mod_ssl from the current model - zillion patches in the core
of Apache - to the model that modules like mod_gzip are using, so it will
not require patches in the core of Apache, but only the addition of a
module. But this will be very hard to do, will take months to develop, and
the result may be not as good as the current mod_ssl. And in any case, by
the time you end such a project, Apache 2.0 will become the main version
of Apache...).

-- 
Eli Marmor
[email-masked]
CTO, Founder
Netmask (El-Mar) Internet Technologies Ltd.
__________________________________________________________
Tel.:   +972-9-766-1020          8 Yad-Harutzim St.
Fax.:   +972-9-766-1314          P.O.B. 7004
Mobile: +972-50-23-7338          Kfar-Saba 44641, Israel
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]