Subject: RE: ssl proxy

From: "Petryczka, George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:13:17 -0400

Tried ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse on my proxy box and my test fails
(even with just plain http) with 404.  To test I use MSIE against the proxy
host:
http://www.myprox.com:8080/cgi-bin/myscript

It does work when i point directly at the destination host:
http://www.mydest.com:8080/cgi-bin/myscript

so it does seem just the proxy is not set up right.
Maybe I need some special settings on the destination host too?  Oh and i
get no access.log entries on the destination box at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aryeh Katz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 9:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: ssl proxy

> As a followup to below, what directives would be needed to accomplish
> this "proxy" or "tunnel" or whatever i should call it?  Incidentally,
> if it matters, the client here is not a browser - it's just a
> c-program that writes raw http-headered request messages directly.  An
> illustrative example would be great!
In either a virtual host, or whole server:

ProxyPass / https://login.passport.com/
ProxyPassReverse / https://login.passport.com/
---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com		

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:17:45 +0200

> http://www.mydest.com:8080/cgi-bin/myscript

What do you want to type in the browser?
What do you want it to produce?
What do your proxy directives look like?

rgds,

Owen Boyle.

---

From: "Aryeh Katz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 11:23:58 -0400

> (even with just plain http) with 404.  To test I use MSIE against the
> proxy host: http://www.myprox.com:8080/cgi-bin/myscript
> 
I thought you said that your destination host was ssl. shouldn't that be 
httpS://www.mydest.com?
Anyway, make sure mod_ssl is loaded, and enabled (-DSSL) in your proxy, 
then it should be able to connect via ssl.
---
Aryeh Katz
VASCO 			
www.vasco.com