Subject: Apachectl starts but I am unable to connect to my https site

From: "Janardhan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:22:34 +0530

Hello modssl-users,

I have configured 2 seperate Apache servers in different machines with modssl. I created self CA using openssl and created server certificates also. 
One of the Apache https server works fine and I am facing problem with another server. The problem is Apachectl starts but I am unable to connect to my https site using browser. The procedure I follow in both machines are same.

Please help me in identifying this problem by replying to [email-masked] 

with thanks and regards,
R.Janardhan.

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:20:17 +0100

> Janardhan wrote:
> 
> Hello modssl-users,
> 
> I have configured 2 seperate Apache servers in different machines with
> modssl. I created self CA using openssl and created server
> certificates also.
> One of the Apache https server works fine and I am facing problem with
> another server. The problem is Apachectl starts but I am unable to
> connect to my https site using browser. 

Why are you unable to connect?

- timeout?
- error?
- you haven't got a return key on your keyboard?

Sorry for being cheeky but you are not providing anything like enough
details to allow anyone to help you. What do you type in the browser?
what does the browser do? what is in the error, access and ssl logs on
the server? Is apache really running (ps -ef - don't rely on apachhectl
saying "httpd started")? is the server really listening to port 443?
(netstat -a) what OS are you on? what browser? local or network?
anything else you can think of?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Marcel Erkens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:42:27 -0600

to quote the Jerky Boys... "You didn't have to be so hurtful, so angry with 
him" LOL!

Sorry, I couldn't resist