Subject: Versions of openssl and modssl to be used.

From: kulkarni veena <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:50:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would like to know the correct versions of OpenSSL
and ModSSL to be used with Apache 1.3.22 on SunOS
operating system.

Thanks in advance.

Veena 

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!
http://platinum.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 03:17:38 -0500

> and ModSSL to be used with Apache 1.3.22 on SunOS

Veena,

This does not directly address your question... sorry.

But...

Using versions less than the most current involves a risk, since most of
the new versions contain security patches, not just enhancements.

The following are the latest version numbers. 

Apache 1.3.27
Mod_SSL 2.8.14
Openssl 0.9.7a

I would strongly advise that you not use Apache 1.3.22, but since I have
no experience with SunOS I do not know what issues may exist for the
latest Apache and your OS.

Perhaps someone with more experienced will comment as well. 

Chris