Subject: Problems compiling on solaris 8

From: Graham Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 03:28:19 +0100

I'm currently trying to build OpenSSL 0.9.6g, Mod_ssl 2.8.10 and Apache 
1.3.26 (with Mod_perl 1.26 in there too) - all statically linked.

I carried this out with OpenSSL 0.9.6b a few weeks ago and it worked 
fine and now that i've updated openssl I get hundreds of errors 
compiling apache. Since the new openssl itself works my hunch would be 
that something has gone awry in the mod_ssl process.

I've attached a little piece of my log in the hope that somebody has 
seen this problem and might know how to solve it.

Graham

....
<=== src/modules/ssl
<=== src/modules
gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208110 -DEAPI 
-DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci` modules.c
gcc -c  -I./os/unix -I./include   -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208110 -DEAPI 
-DUSE_EXPAT -I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci` buildmark.c
gcc  -DSOLARIS2=280 -DMOD_SSL=208110 -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT 
-I./lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `./apaci` 
-L/usr/local/src/openssl-0.9.6g   \
       -o httpd buildmark.o modules.o  modules/ssl/libssl.a 
modules/standard/libstandard.a  main/libmain.a  ./os/unix/libos.a 
ap/libap.a  lib/expat-lite/libexpat.a  -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread  -lssl 
-lcrypto
modules/ssl/libssl.a(ssl_engine_init.o): In function `ssl_init_SSLLibrary':
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x590): undefined reference to 
`SSL_load_error_strings'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x598): undefined reference to `SSL_library_init'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x5a8): undefined reference to 
`X509V3_add_standard_extensions'
modules/ssl/libssl.a(ssl_engine_init.o): In function 
`ssl_init_TmpKeysHandle':
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x648): undefined reference to `RSA_generate_key'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x6a8): undefined reference to `i2d_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x6ec): undefined reference to `i2d_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x6f8): undefined reference to `RSA_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x714): undefined reference to `RSA_generate_key'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x774): undefined reference to `i2d_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x7b8): undefined reference to `i2d_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x7c4): undefined reference to `RSA_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x848): undefined reference to `i2d_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x88c): undefined reference to `i2d_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x898): undefined reference to `DH_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x904): undefined reference to `i2d_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x948): undefined reference to `i2d_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x954): undefined reference to `DH_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0x9d4): undefined reference to `d2i_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xa58): undefined reference to `d2i_RSAPrivateKey'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xaf4): undefined reference to `d2i_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xb78): undefined reference to `d2i_DHparams'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xbe8): undefined reference to `RSA_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xc14): undefined reference to `RSA_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xc40): undefined reference to `DH_free'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xc6c): undefined reference to `DH_free'
modules/ssl/libssl.a(ssl_engine_init.o): In function 
`ssl_init_ConfigureServer':
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xe84): undefined reference to `SSLv2_server_method'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xe94): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xea8): undefined reference to 
`SSLv23_server_method'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xeb8): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xed8): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xf08): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xf38): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xf68): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xf7c): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_ex_data'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xfa0): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
ssl_engine_init.o(.text+0xfcc): undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
......

the error messages continue

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]