Subject: Repudiability

From: Andrew McNaughton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 03:55:08 +1200 (NZST)

Suppose someone refutes that they have sent information to a Web site
owner, how is the Web site owner to prove that the information was in
fact received and that it was signed with a given key?

To do this, the Web site owner would presumably need to be able to produce
the still-encrypted post as sent by the user, but from a quickish reading
of the mod_ssl reference, I don't see any way to log this information.

Andrew McNaughton

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 20:13:49 +0200

> of the mod_ssl reference, I don't see any way to log this information.
The SSL protocol does not have any support for that.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]