Subject: Is it possible to 'add' mod_ssl later on, without recompiling all of Apache?

From: "Evert Meulie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:33:11 +0100

Hi!

The following case: A apache-2.0.48 server which was compiled without SSL. Now
the powers that be have decided the server should also be able to support
https, so mod_ssl needs to be 'added'.

Is it possible to do this without recompiling/reinstalling all of Apache? How
do I proceed?

Regards,
	Evert

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:01:47 +0100

> Is it possible to do this without recompiling/reinstalling all of Apache? How
In theory it should be possible if you have mod_so built in already (httpd -l 
should list mod_so). But it is certainly much simpler just to rebuild apache
with --enable-ssl. In a standard build, there will be a build/ directory with
the file config.nice that contains all the options originally used to build
apache.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: Huw Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:00:26 +0000

Hi there,

Having massive problems with SSL on my machine. Was working OK until there
was a crash on the machine this weekend, just gone. Openssl doesn't seem to
tbe able to read the .key file anymore. I've replaced the file from the
server just incase that was the problem. It wasn't now curiously I get this:

<snip>
[exoticdirect:/etc/httpd/ssl.key] root# openssl rsa -noout -text -in
exotic.key
read RSA key
Enter PEM pass phrase:
unable to load key
828:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal:bad
decrypt:evp_enc.c:277:
828:error:0906A065:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad decrypt:pem_lib.c:452:
</snip>

Seems that openssl doesn't want to decrypt the .key file. It does this on
every machine I try! Does this mean that the PEM Passphrase is wrong?

Thanks

Huw Jenkins