Subject: Apache 1.3.26 and mod_ssl

From: Matthew Ruzicka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:29:29 -0600 (MDT)

Pardon my possible ignorance here, but has anyone come up with any good
work arounds for getting mod_ssl to work with the (patched) Apache 1.3.26
since 2.8.8-1.3.24 only wants to work with 1.3.24?

I assume a new version of mod_ssl will be on its way shortly, but was
looking for something in the meantime to close up any possible problems.

Thanks.

Matthew Ruzicka                    | Front Range Internet, Inc.
[email-masked]                     | www.frii.com [email-masked]
Technical Operations               | 970-212-0700 800-935-6527

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:54:51 -0400 (EDT)

> since 2.8.8-1.3.24 only wants to work with 1.3.24?

I'm looking into it.

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:00:04 -0400 (EDT)

> looking for something in the meantime to close up any possible problems.

Using mod_ssl's ./configure --force option on 2.8.8 should work.  I just
tried it against 1.3.26 and it patched successfully.  You'll see lots of
messages like this:

Error: Application of patch failed:
-------------------------------------------------
|| extra --activate-module=ssl is required.
|+---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Index: src/Configuration.tmpl
|--- src/Configuration.tmpl     28 Jan 2002 19:21:21 -0000      1.1.1.7
|+++ src/Configuration.tmpl     28 Jan 2002 19:40:56 -0000      1.23
--------------------------
Patching file src/Configuration.tmpl using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 26.
Hunk #2 succeeded at 528 (offset 18 lines).
done
-------------------------------------------------

But as long as they all say "succeeded", you should be okay.  I would
normally tell people to wait for mod_ssl 2.8.9 to be released, but this is
kind of a special circumstance.  :-)

--Cliff

---

From: Tim Tassonis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:22:15 +0200

Hi

It seem like due to his various other commitments, RSE is not really
active on mod_ssl anymore. Is there a plan to transfer maintainership of
mod_ssl to somebody else?

Bye
Tim

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 20:48:21 -0400 (EDT)

> mod_ssl to somebody else?

For 2.0, it's already been transferred to the ASF.  1.3 is maintenance
mode only, and RSE still handles the releases for that.  It only takes a
day or two....

This time we're all just kind of in a hurry.  :)

--Cliff

---

From: "Ralf S. Engelschall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:01:22 +0200

> looking for something in the meantime to close up any possible problems.

mod_ssl 2.8.9 will be released within a few hours. Just be patient, please.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com