Subject: [BugDB] HTTPS doesn't work (PR#669)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 20:03:08 +0100 (MET)

Full_Name: Carmen Shinzato
Version: 2.8.7
OS: Solaris 2.7
Submission from: (NULL) (161.196.99.99)

We have installed Apache 1.3.23 with Openssl 0.9.6b and mod_ssl 2.8.7, The HTTP
protocol works well at port 8003 but the HTTPS doesn't work at port 8443, the
error is: access denied to www.movilnet.com.ve:8443. 

For testing the HTTPS protocol we did the following:

openssl-0.9.6b/apps/openssl s_client -connect localhost:8443 -state -debug

And the result was:

warning, not much extra random data, consider using the -rand option
CONNECTED(00000003)
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
write to 00156490 [00158608] (130 bytes => 130 (0x82))
0000 - 80 80 01 03 01 00 57 00-00 00 20 00 00 16 00 00   ......W... .....
0010 - 13 00 00 0a 07 00 c0 00-00 66 00 00 07 00 00 05   .........f......
0020 - 00 00 04 05 00 80 03 00-80 01 00 80 08 00 80 00   ................
0030 - 00 65 00 00 64 00 00 63-00 00 62 00 00 61 00 00   .e..d..c..b..a..
0040 - 60 00 00 15 00 00 12 00-00 09 06 00 40 00 00 14   `...........@...
0050 - 00 00 11 00 00 08 00 00-06 00 00 03 04 00 80 02   ................
0060 - 00 80 bf d6 ab 1b 5d 34-56 45 03 7f c1 8c 77 9a   ......]4VE....w.
0070 - bd 05 db 04 f0 13 17 e0-66 55 cd 9d a2 d9 c6 6c   ........fU.....l
0080 - b4 df                                             ..
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
read from 00156490 [0015DB68] (7 bytes => 7 (0x7))
0000 - 3c 21 44 4f 43 54 59                              <!DOCTY
SSL_connect:error in SSLv2/v3 read server hello A
5791:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:s23_cln

I need help to resolve this problem, please

Carmen S.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:07:35 +0100 (MET)

> 0010 - 13 00 00 0a 07 00 c0 00-00 66 00 00 07 00 00 05   .........f......
                                                           ^^^^^^^

You're using openssl to connect to a port that does not have SSL turned on.
Maybe you missed SSLEngine on in that vhost?

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]