Subject: Client-Certificates containing spaces

From: Fischer Roman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:41:24 +0200

Dear mod_ssl community,

Haven't found anything in the archives, faq or the 'net in general...

I have tried to use Apache+mod_ssl with "SSLOptions +FakeBasicAuth". The
feature works as advertised, as long as there are NO SPACES in the
one-line-description of the user-cert.

Is there a simple/standard way to handle user-certs which contain spaces?

Roug Soren from the Zope team seems to have had the same problem. His
solution (http://www.zope.org/Members/Roug/certificate_mapping) is to use
mod_rewrite to replace the spaces in user-names in the htpasswd file with
"0". While this solution would probably work, it somehow doesn't appeal my
sense of elegance... :)

Thans for any help...
Cheers
Roman

_______________________________________________________________________
Siemens Schweiz AG, Information Security, IS
Roman Fischer 
Freilagerstrasse 28, CH-8047 Zürich
Telefon +41 (0)585 583 857, Fax +41 (0)585 543 942, Mobil +41 (0)78 788 12
66
mailto:[email-masked], Internet: http://www.siemens.ch/

Important Note: This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or
distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and
destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation. 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]