Subject: ld.so.1: /apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed

From: Zandi Patrick S TSgt AFRL/IFOSS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:03:21 -0000

hello folks,   --- Got trouble.. here is the details  .. anyone see
anything..
 
./apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 238 of /apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /apache/libexec/libssl.so into server: ld.so.1:
/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed: No such file or
directory
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started
 
Compile in modssl folder was:
    ./configure \
"--with-apache=../apache_1.3.27" \
"--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" \
"$@"

Compile in apache folder was:
 ./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--verbose" \
"--prefix=/apache" \
"--server-uid=ars" \
"--server-gid=dba" \
"--with-perl=/usr/local/perl" \
"--enable-module=most" \
"--enable-shared=max" \
"--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE" \
"--enable-module=so" \
"--enable-module=cgi" \
"--enable-module=ssl" \
"--disable-rule=SSL_COMPAT" \
"--enable-rule=SSL_SDBM" \
"$@"
 
---httpd.conf  States from line 230 - 245 or so..
 
 234  LoadModule usertrack_module   libexec/mod_usertrack.so
   235  LoadModule unique_id_module   libexec/mod_unique_id.so
   236  LoadModule setenvif_module    libexec/mod_setenvif.so
   237  <IfDefine SSL>
   238  LoadModule ssl_module         libexec/libssl.so
   239  </IfDefine>
   240

-- LS of   ../libexec    is
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       8373 Oct 23 16:25 httpd.exp
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other      22108 Oct 23 16:25 libhttpd.ep
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     other     669008 Oct 23 16:25 libhttpd.so
-rwxr-xr-x   2 root     other     669008 Oct 23 16:25 libhttpd.so.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     137680 Oct 23 16:25 libproxy.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other     276708 Oct 23 16:25 libssl.so
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     other       9272 Oct 23 16:25 mod_access.so

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:42:23 +0200

I suspect that the problem is that /usr/local/ssl is not on your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. For a quick fix, add it. For a better solution (since
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is A Bad Thing), recompile with "-L/usr/local/ssl
-R/usr/local/ssl"..

-----Original Message-----
From: Zandi Patrick S TSgt AFRL/IFOSS [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2002 23:03
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: ld.so.1: /apache/bin/httpd: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.6: open failed

./apachectl startssl

-- LS of   ../libexec    is

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]