Subject: Apache2.0.39 + mod_ssl

From: "Raj Mettai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:28:56 -0400

Hi,

I have installed Apache 2.0.39 from source with --enable-so on solaris
8. Apache works great on default  port 80, then I tried to configure it
to work with https on port 443, the server doesn't respond for https. I
used openssl to create csr and certificate. Also, I am attaching both my
ssl.conf and httpd.conf files. 

I started the apache with ./apachectl startssl command and also the
process says that apache started with DSSL.

nobody  2204  2203  0 10:26:05 ?        0:00 /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
-k start -DSSL

I know, I am missing a little configuration, can anyone have any idea ?

I don't see may mod_ssl.so under modules in Apache......!!!!

thanks a lot

-Raj

---

From: "Paul Bleimeyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:20:44 -0500

Raj,

Shouldn't your apache statement read apache -k -D SSL ? Note the space
behind the -D. Also I didn't see your attachments most likely due to it
being stripped on the listserv, but you might also want to check that listen
443 is
in the httpd.conf file.

Regards,

Paul

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Raj Mettai
  Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 12:29 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: Apache2.0.39 + mod_ssl

  Hi,

  I have installed Apache 2.0.39 from source with --enable-so on solaris 8.
Apache works great on default  port 80, then I tried to configure it to work
with https on port 443, the server doesn't respond for https. I used openssl
to create csr and certificate. Also, I am attaching both my ssl.conf and
httpd.conf files.

  nobody  2204  2203  0 10:26:05 ?        0:00
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -k start -DSSL

  thanks a lot

  -Raj