Subject: Upgrade ?

From: RON MCKEEVER<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 08:18:03 -0700

Hello,

Im a little confused on how to upgrade my current mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23, to
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26. 

When I untar the new apache1.3.26 it is in it own dir.. So how do I upgrade
1.3.23? When I run the configure statement in the mod_ssl-2.8.10 dir I cant
state --with-apache="1.3.23", I need to state the new apache dir, right??

Am I missing something? If I am maybe someone can clarify the upgrade procees
to me or point me to a doc that explains this? 

To me it sounds like you have to install mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26, and move all
your stuff form the old apache dir's to the new??? 

Thanks for your time up front.

ron
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:32:06 -0400 (EDT)

> state --with-apache="1.3.23", I need to state the new apache dir, right??

Right... you give mod_ssl-2.8.10 the Apache 1.3.26 *source* directory for
its --with-apache= argument.  Then when you configure apache, tell it to
*install* to the same location that 1.3.23 is currently installed using
--prefix= (eg /usr/local/apache) and use the same directory structure
(using --with-layout= ) that you used before, if any.  Then when you run
'make install' from the Apache 1.3.26 source directory, it will overwrite
your 1.3.23 installation.

That should be it.

--Cliff

---

From: Thomas Binder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:50:10 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 11:32:06AM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Then when you run 'make install' from the Apache 1.3.26 source
> directory, it will overwrite your 1.3.23 installation.

Just in case anyone wonders: it will NOT overwrite the config
files of the 1.3.23 installation.

Ciao

Thomas

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

> files of the 1.3.23 installation.

Oh right... meant to point that out.  Thanks.  :)

--Cliff