Subject: Apache 1.3.23 Problem

From: "Cordova, Silvio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:26:51 -0700

I am having trouble running Apache 1.3.23.  It will not listen on port 443
for https.  The server was started with "apachectl startssl" as per the
instructions, but it will only listen on port 80.  I was able to force it on
port 443, but it only works with http and not with https.  I am running it
on a Solaris v8 SPARC chip.

Any suggestions or ideas ?

Thanks,
Silvio Cordova
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Chris Hsiang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 02:16:19 -0400

In your http.conf, do you have a listen 443 directive?
Also <virutalhost ip:443>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cordova, Silvio
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2002 7:27 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Apache 1.3.23 Problem

I am having trouble running Apache 1.3.23.  It will not listen on port
443
for https.  The server was started with "apachectl startssl" as per the
instructions, but it will only listen on port 80.  I was able to force
it on
port 443, but it only works with http and not with https.  I am running
it
on a Solaris v8 SPARC chip.

Thanks,
Silvio Cordova

---

From: "Pj Pilley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 18:43:18 +1200

Have you verified that when you start apache with apachectl startssl it is
actually starting ssl

e.g have you tried something like ps -ef | grep httpd
or something similar to that.

Failing that is there any messages that appear when you type apachectl
startssl.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Cordova, Silvio
Sent: Tuesday, 11 June 2002 11:27 a.m.
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: Apache 1.3.23 Problem

Thanks,
Silvio Cordova