Subject: Re: apache2 won't start

From: "Jeff Landers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:57:53 -0700

The question is, and maybe I am just totally in left field, if I compile it and install in /usr/local/apache shouldn't all of the necessary code be located there instead of in the original tarball directory located under /tmp which I am going to blow away once the thing works.  I didn't see the non-ssl version going back to the source directory after it was compiled because I blew the souce directory (tarball extraction) away. Can you get this newbie on the right track. The non-ssl version works but once I compile it with the ssl module it won't work either way.

Jeff Landers
UNIX System Administrator
City of Henderson, NV
702-566-2761
[email-masked]

>>> [email-masked] 06/11/02 10:23AM >>>
On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Jeff Landers wrote:

> Thank you for the info. I will work on debugging but here is another
> question. Why, when ssl and apache are under /usr/local, is vhosts.c
> still under the source code directory? This seems more like a
> compilation problem although I have compiled it a couple of times.

Um, because vhosts.c is one of the source files?  I guess I don't
understand the question.  It's not a compilation problem -- it compiles
just fine.  It's a runtime problem.  It just so happens that the runtime
error occurred in code that was compiled from vhosts.c, and the debugger
is telling you which source file to look in for the line that faulted.

--Cliff

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org 
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked] 
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]