Subject: RE: ScriptAlias

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:56:36 +0100

You have inconsistent notation and a confused mapping.

- Do not put a trailing slash on the alias or the directory.
- You should have only one ScriptAlias per CGI directory.
- You can match only one directory to each alias (you can have two
aliases for one directory).

... it's like buses: Two buses can go to the same destination, but one
bus can't go to two destinations :-)

PS This has nothing to do with SSL. It is just a config problem with
apache.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ortiz Ruiz Otoniel Manuel [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Freitag, 24. Januar 2003 19:37
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: ScriptAlias 
>
>
>
>I have a problem trying to execute cgis under ssl. (It doesn't find the
>URL, a kind of problem with the scriptalias). 
>
>I compiled apache2 with ssl, this are the options that I used.
>At the bottom there is a fragment of my ssl.conf.
>
>Any help will be appreciated
>
>
>OPTIONS:
>#  CC=gcc ./configure --prefix=/web/apache2 --enable-dav 
>--enable-info \
>> --enable-http --enable-proxy-ftp --enable-proxy-connect
>--enable-proxy-http \
>> --enable-proxy --enable-usertrack --enable-headers --enable-expires \
>> --enable-cern-meta --enable-mime-magic --enable-deflate
>--enable-case-filter-i
>n \
>> --enable-case-filter --enable-ext-filter --enable-example
>--enable-mem-cache \
>
>> --enable-disk-cache --enable-cache --enable-charset-lite \
>> --enable-echo --enable-file-cache --enable-auth-dbm \
>> --enable-rewrite --enable-vhost-alias \
>> --enable-optional-hook-export --enable-optional-hook-import \
>>  --enable-optional-fn-import --enable-optional-fn-export
>--enable-unique-id \
>>  --enable-cgi --enable-cgid --with-mpm=worker
>--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl \
>> --enable-auth-digest --enable-static-htdigest --enable-ssl
>
>
>
>SSL.CONF
>
>
></VirtualHost>
>
></IfDefine>
>
>Alias   /otoniel        "/web/htdocs/labvis/gente/becarios/otoniel"
>ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/       "/web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin"
>ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin
>ScriptAlias /lab-bin /web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin
>ScriptAlias /garp-bin/ 
>"/web/htdocs/labvis/biodi.sdsc.edu/inicio/cgi-bin/"
>
>ScriptAlias     /mailman/       /export/home/mailman/cgi-bin/
>ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/       /export/home/mailman/cgi-bin
>ScriptAlias     /cgi-mail       "/export/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
>
>
>##############   Labvis ###################
>ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/       "/web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin/"
>ScriptAlias     /cgi-bin/       "/web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin/modelacion"
>ScriptAlias     /lab-bin/       "/web/htdocs/labvis/cgi-bin/"
>ScriptAlias     /garp-bin/
>"/web/htdocs/labvis/biodi.sdsc.edu/inicio/cgi-bi
>n/"
>ScriptAlias      /hjg/          "/export/home/hjg/cgi/"
>
>
>
>
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
>

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]