Subject: [BugDB] Broken stdout when using https and http (PR#721)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 18:21:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Alex Barylo
Version: 2.8.8-1.3.24
OS: Red Hat 6.2
Submission from: (NULL) (170.115.249.14)

PROBLEM
=======
Sorry for a lot of details, thought you might need them.

I have a small FTP site writen in Perl using Apache::Registry. The site is one
script that gets invoked all over again. First page is a login form. It POST's
user name and password via https://. After successfull authentication the script
spits out a frame set with two frames. Frame pull their pages through http://.
The problem described below occures only when I use both https and http. If I
use only http, or only https - everything works fine.

When it appears, most of the time extra characters are added after new-line char
("\n"). If it's a big listing, often there is a pattern. This is a regular
output line:

  <a href=http://123.456.78.901/perl/parftp?sid=e564c755bc21c08628ddb4afafe47e2b;get_file=1c78d1ddbf60ae0b33f954ba041feec1/00397.par_1401.pgp>00397.par_1401.pgp</a>
              15.15 Kb      Feb 27 2001 17:44

followed by 0xa. Its length is 208 bytes (excluding '\n'). After 19 lines I get
this (1): "0x0a 0x0d 0x0a 0x64 0x31 0x0d 0x0a", then one line, then this (2):
"0x0a 0x0d 0x0a 0x66 0x38 0x33 0x0d 0x0a". Then another block of 19 lines,
followed by sequence (1), then one line, followed by sequence (2), etc. These
sequences may or may not remain the same for the subsequent requests. Looks like
junk from memory.

Sometimes I get this:

  <a href=http://123.456.78.901//123.456.78.901/perl/parftp?sid=e564c755bc21c08628ddb4afafe47e2b;get_file=1c78d1ddbf60ae0b33f954ba041feec1/00397.par_1502.pgp>00397.par_1502.pgp</a>
              31.98 Kb      Feb 27 2001 17:44

or this:

  <a href=httc08628ddb4afafe47e2b;get_file=1c78d1ddbf60ae0b33f954ba041feec1/00397.par_1085.pgp>00397.par_1085.pgp</a>
               2.00Kb      Feb 27 2001 17:38

If anybody interested, I have dumps what was sent by server, I can make new
ones, I can run tests, try this or that, etc.

CONFIG
======
apache_1.3.24
mm-1.1.3 (tried without this library - same result)
perl 5.6.1
mod_perl-1.27
mod_ssl-2.8.8-1.3.24
openssl-0.96d
OS: Red Hat 6.2
kernel: 2.2.18
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
glibc-2.1.2-11

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]