Subject: csr password

From: Henning Sittler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:34:46 -0500

I setup a secure server with a password on the csr that must be entered when
apache starts up.  How can I remove this password so that apache can start
without asking for it?

Do I need to generate a new key pair?  If I do, will that invalidate my
current issued certificate?

Thanks,

Henning Sittler
www.inscriber.com

---

From: "Glen S Mehn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:49:34 -0800

csr passwordfrom openssl.org:

To remove the pass phrase on an RSA private key:

 openssl rsa -in key.pem -out keyout.pem

read the full openssl rsa man page here:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/rsa.html
note that it's the KEY that has a passphrase on it, not the csr.
And you've gotta be super careful with the box, as anyone could use your
passphrase...

glen

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Henning Sittler
  Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 11:35 AM
  To: [email-masked]'
  Subject: csr password

  I setup a secure server with a password on the csr that must be entered
when apache starts up.  How can I remove this password so that apache can
start without asking for it?

  Thanks,

  Henning Sittler
  www.inscriber.com