Subject: RE: Compile of Apache

From: "Courtin Bert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:21:42 +0200

Hi,

you should use openssl-0.9.6.e anyway, beause openssl < 0.9.6.e contains several security bugs!

Kind regards,
B. Courtin

-----Original Message-----
From: Luiz Agnaldo Bernardi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 6:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Compile of Apache

Firstly, excuse my weak English.    
I am trying to compile the Apache-1.3.26, with SSL (openssl-0.9.6d or 
mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26) and mod_perl (mod_perl-1.26). I tried to compile 
in several different ways, for the Apache, using the openssl and for the 
mod_perl (INSTALL.simple.mod_ssl).   
Both seem to compile well and to generate the binary ones. SSL works 
well. However, in any situation I am getting to execute scripts PERL.   
Could anybody send me a compilation and installation script of the 
Apache with SSL and MOD_PERL that it works appropriately?   
I am using RedHat 6.2 in a Sun UltraSparc 10 with perl 5.003.   
Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:05:56 +0200

>I am using RedHat 6.2 in a Sun UltraSparc 10 with perl 5.003.   

Why do you think the problem is with compilation? Do you have any error messages which appeared during compile/install?

If you do "./httpd -l" do you see mod_perl? If so, then mod_perl is compiled in and the problem is not with the installation.

I ask this because mod_perl is quite sophisticated and it is possible that you installed it correctly but that it is not working for configuration reasons.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle