Subject: apache_1.3.26

From: New Disorder Records <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:12:41 -0700 (PDT)

is anyone else having problems compiling apache_1.3.26 with mod_ssl?  I'm 
on a redhat 7.2 box, and mod_ssl just erases my src/makefile in the apache 
directory.  Not erases, but all that's created is a blank header.  After I 
try, I have to wipe the directory and untar apache again so that I can 
compile it without mod_ssl.  Any suggestions?

-- 
New Disorder Records "you've heard of us now, so shut up and buy the damn 
Sacrilicious CD" - www.newdisorder.com
Pirx the Pilot: One of the top three Structuralist punk rock bands in the 
country.  www.pirxthepilot.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Jan Škola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 20:35:00 +0200

Yes, use this script to compile Apache & mod_ssl & mod_perl & php. If
you dont want it all comment it. I use this with complete success on RH
7.2, after unzip, config and make go to apache* dir and run make install

Jan Skola

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of New Disorder Records
> Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 5:13 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: apache_1.3.26
>

---

From: New Disorder Records <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

well, that's a lot more than I needed.  I think the key is somewhere in 
the 

SSL_BASE=SYSTEM thing.

I have openssl installed, this is redhat, but when I set SSL_BASE=SYSTEM, 
I still get the error:

Error: Cannot find SSL binaries under /usr/local/ssl

when I run configure in apache.  I don't know what binaries it's looking 
for, but there is a bin directory under /usr/local/ssl.

-Ernst

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 00:23:49 -0400 (EDT)

> for, but there is a bin directory under /usr/local/ssl.

If there's no include or lib[s] sub-directories then you're probably
missing the openssl***-dev rpm. Try installing that too, I think the error
message may mean "SSL libraries" when it says "SSL binaries". You probably
don't need the openssl***-src rpm though.

Otherwise if that's not the problem, I know that there's at least one
Redhat officianado lurking around on this mail list ... :-)

Cheers,
Geoff

---

From: Glen Mehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:13:37 -0700

try adding /usr/local/ssl/lib to your 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH

this is an educted guess, though... good luck.

-g

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 11:40:37AM -0700, New Disorder Records wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, [iso-8859-2] Jan ?kola wrote:
> 

-- 
Glen S Mehn
Contract Systems Administrator		SquareTrade, Inc
[email-masked]	Building Trust in Transactions (sm)
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: New Disorder Records <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 23:11:29 -0700 (PDT)

I found the answer, it's SSL_BASE=SYSTEM.

Thanks.

---

From: "Pj Pilley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:01:32 +1200

I agree with Greg check you ld path it should be in your /etc directory
check that it is in there and then run ldconfig to refresh the list and load
the new libraries.

--Pj