Subject: Re: [BugDB] IE Problems connecting to mod_ssl server Linux (PR#66 3)

From: Lennert de Waal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:06:46 +0100

Hi,
I have searched and searched the past days, and have come across a new
schannel.dll file (which resides in \windows\system for 9x and in
\winnt\system32 for nt/win2k). It seems that the original installed with
MSIE 4 and 5 is broken. When replacing the original with this file, the MSIE
'DNS-error-page'-problem was fixed. You could try this; don't know if it
solves your problem.
The MS website for the patch is (it's one URL):

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
ol/ie/downloads/schannel.asp

Lennert de Waal - the Netherlands

<<< <[email-masked]>  1/31  3:42p >>>
Full_Name: 
Version: 
OS: 
Submission from: (NULL) (80.132.185.116)

I'm having some very weird problems getting some IE clients to connect to a
mod_ssl-enabled apache install, and I'm hoping someone has some insight on
this
beyond what's in the FAQ.  The environment is as follows:
Webserver version:
[ Apache/1.3.20 (Linux/SuSE 7.3) PHP/4.0.6 mod_ssl/2.8.4 OpenSSL/0.9.6b ]

I have a 128-bit selfmade cert installed. I have the complete FAQ fixes in
(they
were already there, actually) as far as an SSL session cache and the 56-bit
export proto being turned off.  

Clients are Win2K ,Win98 with various patched IE 5.5 and Linux with Mozilla
and
Konqueror. In the case of IE, we have checked all protocols for SSL-Support.

Here's a rough breakdown of what 
works and what doesn't:

Linux / Mozilla /Konqueror: always works fine
Win2K / IE 5.x: doen't work
Win2K / NS 6.x: doen't work
("doesn't work" means that IE spits out that crappy "Cannot finds server or
DNS
error")

I also added in the http.conf

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4 RSA: HIGH: MEDIUM: LOW: SSLv2:
EXP:!NULL

But nothing works!!

Please help me or i will hang me up soon. *s*
  
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

--
****************************************************************************
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and
is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is only intended
for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy disseminate,
distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this message.
****************************************************************************
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]