Subject: CRL management in Apache

From: "Gianluca Tovo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:39:14 +0100

Hello everybody,
I'm here after a check on docs and various internet resources to have an
autoritative \
answer.

How it's possible to verify the validity of client certificates in SSL with
Apache \
using the CDP extension present in the certificate itself? This mechanism
allow you \
to use splitted CRLs easily.

All I could find it's the CRL management by hand from the webadm restarting
the \
server each time (or by some crontab scripting) directly from the CA
directory.

It's possible?
It's a feature that is going to be introduced in some next mod_SSL releases?
It's up to the developer to write some code on some API to manage that
automatic CRL \
acquisition and management?

Thanks in advance for you attention.

Gianluca Tovo
Telecom Italia Information Technology S.p.A.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]