Subject: [BugDB] mod_ssl breakage with Bash v1 and not -ldbm for the linker (PR#737)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:54:07 +0200 (MET DST)

Full_Name: Sam Smith
Version: 2.8.7
OS: OpenBSD
Submission from: (NULL) (213.106.181.29)

If /bin/bash is Bash Version 1, and mod_ssl needs to be compiled using dbm
from libc, rather than libdbm, the configure script will pick up libdbm
rather than libc, making later parts of the configure script error out
when libdbm isn't found.

Full error is here:
  http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/2001-06/1516.html

OpenBSD already has a fix in tree here:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/httpd/src/modules/ssl/libssl.module
although that may not work cross platform.

Please contact me if you want/need more info

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]