Subject: RH 7.3 and SSL

From: "David F. Reed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:48:03 -0500

Pardon my ignorance and cross posting in hopes of finding the
answer.

I am running RH linux 7.3 (upgraded rom 6.2).

I am trying to get imaps and https working with my certificates;
I think the programs themselves are working, because they present
a funky "localhost@localdomain" certificate.

I seem unable to figure out where to put the certificates I generated
(in /usr/share/ssl/certs).

I did stop and restart the httpd service.

Any clues?

Many thanks.

--Dave

-- 
David F. Reed  -> email: [email-masked] (w)  [email-masked] (h)
(for pgp key: [email-masked] http://keys.pgp.com/ )

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Ashmore, Samuel R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:59:31 -0600

If you are running Apache2 then in the ssl.conf there are directives taht
say SSLCertificateFile, SSLCertificateKeyFile, SSLCACertificateFile change
these.
If you are running Apache1.3 then in the httpd.conf there are the same
directives.  
These should point to your certificate, key and the cacert

-----Original Message-----
From: David F. Reed [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 6:48 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RH 7.3 and SSL

Any clues?

Many thanks.

--Dave