Subject: Usefull error pages for users

From: Danny Kruitbosch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:00:08 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the following:

We're using client certs for authentication and the authentication works 
fine. But when a user connect and isn't able to present his cert of his 
cert is revoked he gets an 'DNS or server error' (IE 5.5/6.0). I would 
like to redirect this user to a custom error page saying something 
intelligent like:

"Certificate revoked"
"No certificate presented"
"Unable to verify certificate"

or server specific errors like:

CRL expired
Unable to verify certificate

How can I set this up?
(Is there a list of specific error codes SSL uses and can I use the 
ErrorDocument directive on this. If so where do I find this list of SSL 
error codes)

Thanks,

Danny

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]