Subject: More on IE 5 "Document not found"

From: "Ermanno Iannacci" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:34:27 +0200

I'm setting up a SSL website, and, like the most, I faced some problem with
IE5 about SSLv3 connections.
It's true that unsetting SSLv3 in preferences solve the problem, but I can't
say everyone to change settings.
Reading this maling list I've found the SSLCipherSuite magic string:

ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:-SSLv3:RC4:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

Sadly, this didn't work for me.
Some IE 5.0 keep giving me "Document not found" errors, and some time same
browsers behave differently on different platform (that is, IE5 on NTW
works, IE5 on Win98 does not).

I started using OpenSSL to test a website that I knew working without
problems (https://www.sportscommesse.it/, if you liked to try).
With OpenSSL s_client, I read SSLv3 ciphers, and I found this website used
RC4-SHA.
Mine gave EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA.
Does IE5 only like RC4?

So I modified SSLCipherSuite this way:

"ALL:!ADH:-SSLv3:RC4:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP"

Problems have disappeared.
I would like to know if I'm losing some security or functionality doing
this.
Thank you.

Ermanno

BTW, what's happening to www.modssl.org website?

"Fletto i muscoli,
e sono nel vuoto"

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]