Subject: Testing Ssl

From: Larry Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:21:04 +0100

Hi

I am using apache 2.0.45 and am using Redhat 8.0 kernel version 2.4.18.

I think I've managed to install and configure apache + ssl, but I'm not 
sure how I should go about testing that the ssl has been installed correctly.

Is it as simple as connecting to port 443 ? Something like :
https://localhost:443/mytest.html ? or do you need to set up some special 
test files ?

Also when I try this using my default browser (Mozilla) I get a message to 
the effect of :
Can't open this page without installing Personal Security Manager.

I assume this is a browser thing and and not an ssl problem. Does anyone 
know if this is the case and even what the Personal Security Manager is for ?

Cheers
Larry

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:25:42 -0400 (EDT)

> https://localhost:443/mytest.html ? or do you need to set up some special 

No, that should work.
> know if this is the case and even what the Personal Security Manager is for ?

Redhat for some reason decided to bundle the psm in a seperate rpm.  It's 
called mozilla-psm or something like that.  Just install it.