Subject: apache 2.0 hates older linux kernels:

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:05:54 -0400 (EDT)

uname -a
Linux darkstar 2.0.35 #4 Mon Dec 14 18:18:57 CST 1998 i586 unknown

and no matter how we configure, apache dies under:

/bin/sh /mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=compile
gcc  -g -O2    -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr/include
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib -I.
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/os/unix -I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/server/mpm/prefork
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/http
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/filters
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/proxy -I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/include
-I/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/dav/main -prefer-non-pic -static -c
mod_status.c && touch mod_status.lo
mod_status.c: In function `status_handler':
mod_status.c:270: `HZ' undeclared (first use this function)
mod_status.c:270: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mod_status.c:270: for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [mod_status.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/generators'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules/generators'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/src/httpd-2.0.39/modules'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne
-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]