Subject: RAND function using OpenSSL 0.9.7

From: "Frederic DONNAT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:12:59 +0200

Hi all,

I try using OpenSSL0.9.7 with a crypto accelerator and it works fine for asymetric and symetric stuff, but it fails when trying to use ENGINE random (rand engine is not used, everything is done with classic software random).

Has someone solve this problem?

Regards 
Fred

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:16:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Frederic DONNAT wrote:

> I try using OpenSSL0.9.7 with a crypto accelerator and it works fine
> for asymetric and symetric stuff, but it fails when trying to use
> ENGINE random (rand engine is not used, everything is done with
> classic software random).

Don't you have to compile mod_ssl with SSL_EXPERIMENTAL_ENGINE or
something like that?  Did you do that?  Or are you even talking about
mod_ssl here?

--Cliff

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]