Subject: can't load /usr/local/apach2/modules/mod_sll.so into server undefined symbol x509_free

From: "Venkat Reddy Valluri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:41:12 -0400

Hi,
   I installed openssl 0.9.6g engine on redhat 7.3 over which i installed apache 2.0.39, It seems installation to be successful,
  but when i tried to start apache with sll
    ./apachecntl startssl
     iam getiing
       can't load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so into server /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so

      Any help greatly apprecitated   

Thks in advance
Venkat
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:13:52 -0400 (EDT)

didyou install openssl with shared libs?  I recall this being a
requirement for the apache 2 code.  Also there is a newer version of
apache available, it is a security update.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!