Subject: SSL and vhosts

From: "Hunt,Keith A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:19:30 -0500

Please pardon me if this is a dumb question.  I have read that SSL and name-based vhosts cannot be done, yet I set it up and it seems to be working OK, apart from the expected complaints about mismatched host name and server certificate.  Am I missing something?  I am running Apache 1.3.23 and modssl 2.8.7. on Linux

Keith Hunt  330.972.2968  [email-masked]
Internet & Server Systems
The University of Akron 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Steve Gonzales" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 11:02:07 -0600

I also am running Apache 1.3.23 +mod_ssl 2.8.7.  Along with mod_perl
1.26 +openssl 0.9.6c +php 4.1.2: I've had no known problems.  I also
have the expected certificate complaint on the first time when a user
visits one of our secure sites.  The entire process for installation can
be viewed at
http://www.eng.lsu.edu/installations/apache.html.

Since I'm new to apache, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Steve Gonzales
Louisiana State University		[email-masked]
Division of Engineering Services	225.578.6069 (v)
3216G CEBA					225.578.5990 (f)
Baton Rouge, LA  70803

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hunt,Keith A
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 10:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: SSL and vhosts

Please pardon me if this is a dumb question.  I have read that SSL and
name-based vhosts cannot be done, yet I set it up and it seems to be
working OK, apart from the expected complaints about mismatched host
name and server certificate.  Am I missing something?  I am running
Apache 1.3.23 and modssl 2.8.7. on Linux