Subject: HTPASSWD Utility

From: Cagle Larence G Contr 96 CG/SCTOA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:59:20 -0500

The htpasswd.exe utility in Apache_2.0.39-Mod_SSL-OpenSSL-0.9.6d-Win32.zip
aborts with an error message when you try to add or update a password.  It
responds with "The process cannot access the file because it is being used
by another process".  I thought perhaps that Apache had not closed the
password file when it was started, so I stopped the tasks related to Apache
and tried it again.  Same result.  I'm running the server on a PC with
Windows XP Professional OS.

I downloaded and unzipped htpasswd.exe from the
Apache_2.0.37-dev_mod_ssl_2.0.37_dev_OpenSSL-0.9.6c-WIN32.zip file and it
works like it used to in earlier versions.

Any ideas?

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:46:24 -0700

> works like it used to in earlier versions.

The htpasswd.exe utility on Windows has known bugs that have been fixed for
2.0.40  You can use previous versions like the one you mention, they are ok.

Cheers

Daniel

--
Teach Yourself Apache 2 -- http://apacheworld.org/ty24/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]