Subject: OpenSSL Error (Apache-mod_ssl)

From: "Manoj Kithany" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:49:18 +0000

Hi:

My Apache is NOT working.....the log file shows:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[Fri Nov 15 15:35:57 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: Failed to generate 
temporary 512 bit RSA private key (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Fri Nov 15 15:35:57 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number 
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[Fri Nov 15 15:35:57 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:04069003:rsa 
routines:RSA_generate_key:BN lib
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Apache 1.3.27, mod_ssl 2.8.11 on IBM AIX 5.1 box.

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]