Subject: Apache2 with ssl

From: "Jeff Landers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:08:40 -0700

What is the recommended way of getting the ssl module for Apache2? Using the built in Apache2 SSL or using mod_ssl? I don't see a mod_ssl for Apache2 on the mod_ssl site.  Does anyone have experience with Apache2 and ssl?

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:14:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Jeff Landers wrote:

> What is the recommended way of getting the ssl module for Apache2? Using
> the built in Apache2 SSL or using mod_ssl? I don't see a mod_ssl for
> Apache2 on the mod_ssl site.  Does anyone have experience with Apache2
> and ssl?

There's no mod_ssl on the www.modssl.org for Apache 2.0 because the
builtin SSL with Apache2 *IS* mod_ssl.  Ralf donated it to the Apache
Software Foundation, and it ships with the main Apache distribution now.

The only catch is that there are no binaries of mod_ssl with the official
Apache2 binary distributions distributed from apache.org, so if you want
it, you'll probably have to compile it yourself.

--Cliff

---

From: "Kai Hofmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:28:06 +0200

> What is the recommended way of getting the ssl module for Apache2? Using the built in Apache2 SSL or using mod_ssl? I don't see a mod_ssl for Apache2 on the mod_ssl site.  Does anyone have experien…

The buildin in is the official mod_ssl for apache 2 - as it looks to me!
The documentation is nearly identical to the www.modssl.org docs!

-- 
Institut für Seeverkehrswirtschaft und Logistik   http://www.isl.org/
Dipl.-Inform. Kai Hofmann                       mailto:[email-masked]
Universitaetsallee GW1 Block A                   phone:+49 421 22096-83
D-28359 Bremen                                     fax:+49 421 22096-55
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]