Subject: RE: ModSSL directives & Books about ModSSL

From: "Nauman, Ahmed [IT]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 10:58:38 -0400

Hi All,

I want to provide HTTP & HTTPS delete option on my webserver [general and
some specific folder]. 

apache [1.3.27] with mod-ssl

Do i need to make any configuration changes on server side to support it ?
Any config sample will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Nauman

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Lopez [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 1:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: ModSSL directives & Books about ModSSL

> Are the apache directives/configuration for modssl handled only by the
> openssl package?  Or does modssl have it's own configuration settings?
> SSL well?  Such as something that covers setting up the apache httpd.conf
> file for secure site configuration (if the above applies), ssl apache
> directives, installing and maintaining CA certificates, keys, etc?  I
> checked amazon and there are only two books on ssl I could find, got a
great
> recommendation in the openssl forum for two good books on openssl.

I have the mod_ssl chapter of my book freely available online. I think
together with the mod_ssl reference documentation you should be fine, it
covers everything you mention. It is oriented towards Apache 2

http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter17.html

Best regards

Daniel
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Daniel Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 11:08:31 -0700

I guess by "delete option" you mean the delete WebDAV method that allows
clients to remove files from the web server. I have another chapter online
on it:

http://www.apacheworld.org/ty24/site.chapter13.html

It is for Apache 2, which already includes mod_dav. For Apache 1.3 it should
work too, but you will need to download and install mod_dav separately,
checkout htp://www.webdav.org