Subject: Key and Cert extraction

From: "Witham, Darren (Contractor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:08:49 +0100

Hi,

  I posted a beginners question to this list a while back enquiring how to
extract a key and cert from a cert.der file

  i.e openssl pkcs12 -in cert.der -nodes -out certAndKey.pem

  That was fine for me and I was able to get by using the certAndKey.pem in
the end.

  I now actually need to extract the key and cert from certAndKey.pem. I
think I am getting the key by issuing the following

   openssl rsa <certAndKey.pem> newkey.pem

  Is that is the correct way to extract the key ? I also need to extract the
cert as well but cannot work out which openssl command to use ? Basically I
am just issuing commands but don't have a clue what I am getting !!

Thx

Darren
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]