Subject: Help with mod_ssl & mod_auth_mysql

From: TCrop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:58:26 -0500

I want to secure a directory running under https section of my website
by forcing a user/passwd challenge.

Is it possible to use .htaccess and mod_auth_mysql with mod_ssl so that
the login is secure?

I can get  a .htaccess to work with a .htpasswd but have NOT been able
to get .htaccess to work with mod_auth_mysql in the HTTPS area.

The following .htaccess WORKS under HTTP:

AuthName "Protected Area"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /dev/null
AuthGroupFile /dev/null

<Limit GET>
        Auth_MySQL On
        Auth_MySQL_Authoritative On
        Auth_MySQL_DB auth
        Auth_MySQL_Password_Table usr
        Auth_MySQL_Encrypted_Passwords off
        Auth_MySQL_Encryption_Types Plaintext
        Auth_MySQL_Username_Field user
        Auth_MySQL_Password_Field pass
        Auth_MySQL_Empty_Passwords On
        require valid-user
</Limit>

The following is from the error log when I move the above working
.htaccess file to the HTTPS area of the website.

.htaccess: Invalid command 'Auth_MySQL', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

Thanks

-Tim
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]