Subject: RE: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question

From: Henning Sittler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:06:23 -0400

Well, your tone is getting a little better so... 

The first thing I would do is to go check the site where you originally
found the first file, and see if they have the new file.  If they don't I
would then look on that site to see if there is a way to contact the people
that make that file, and ask them very very nicely if they would be able to
make this one for you too.

OR

Change the way you do your installs.  

OR 

Hire a professional that knows how to handle these problems.

** But, please stop asking the same question over and over again.  

Henning Sittler
www.inscriber.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Lee [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 1:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question

Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance.

I wish to create a file similar to the following one:
Apache_1.3.20-Mod_SSL_2.8.4-OpenSSL_0.9.6a-WIN32.zip,

namely,
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip,

I need this file so that i can upgrade my current Apache 1.3.20 server with 
mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.26 server with mod_ssl.

I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler on my desk and have no idea how i could 
get the above file from the apache_1.3.26.tar.gz and the 
mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz and the openssl-0.9.6c.tar.gz files.

Any help from my friends would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

From: "Gilles Gros" <[email-masked]>

What is really your question ?

Just download the source and compile it.

apache 1.3.26 : http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/apache_1.3.26.tar.gz
mod SSL 2.8.9-1.3.26 :
http://www.modssl.org/source/mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz

Gilles

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x file
from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released recently.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Jim Lee wrote:

We have been unable to find the above Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x file in the 
http://www.modssl.org/contrib/ area.

Nobody's contributed one yet.  I imagine it won't be that far off, it
usually doesn't take too long.

We also wish to know if the SSL certificate has to be re-created after
Apache is upgraded to 1.3.26 with the new mod_SSL.

No.

--Cliff

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Brian F. Vaughan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:04:11 -0400

Try GNUs compiler located at http://www.gnu.org/directory/Software_development/Compilers/

Brian Vaughan
IT Administrator
Wireless Generation, Inc.
26 W. 23rd. St.
New York, NY 10010
http://www.wgen.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Lee [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 2:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Apache 1.3.26 Upgrade Question

The platform is win32. I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler installed. Any free 
C++ compiler download suggestion from the internet would be great.

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x
file from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released
recently.

what platform? unix requires nothing more than a configure in the mod_ssl 
directory, followed by make. Win32 is a little more cumbersome.
Aryeh

Aryeh Katz
VASCO
www.vasco.com

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com

---

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:22:21 +0000

Hi,

I have been able to download and install Borland C++ 5.5 on my machine.

If this is not good enough, please provide me with instructions to create 
the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6c-WIN32.zip file.

I would somehow find a machine that has VC++ and get the job done.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

The platform is win32. I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler installed.
Any free C++ compiler download suggestion from the internet would be
great.

you need VC. end of story.

Aryeh Katz
VASCO
www.vasco.com

---

From: Geoffrey Talvola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:34:30 -0400

This should help you out.  The 1.0.2b2 version of OpenSA available at
http://www.opensa.org/development/news/97.html contains pre-built Windows
binaries for Apache 1.3.26, mod_ssl 2.8.9, and OpelSSL 0.9.6c.  It also has
a nice graphical installer and comes with pre-built versions of several
other Apache modules.  Highly recommended!

Thanks to Daniel Reichenbach for building this very nice package and for
responding quickly to create a new version yesterday.

- Geoff

> Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 3:22 PM

---

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:50:26 +0000

Thanks a lot Tim.

Words cannot express the sense of relief and gratitude that i am feeling 
right now.

I would be eagerly looking tomorrow for the file :
Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.9-OpenSSL_0.9.6d-WIN32.zip
at the following location :
http://www.modssl.org/contrib/

Thanks a million again.

Bye,
-Jim.

Hi Jim

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:48:38 +0000
"Jim Lee" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

namely,

I need this file so that i can upgrade my current Apache 1.3.20 server
with mod_ssl to Apache 1.3.26 server with mod_ssl.

I do not have a VC++ 5.0 compiler on my desk and have no idea how i
could get the above file from the apache_1.3.26.tar.gz and the
mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz and the openssl-0.9.6c.tar.gz files.

I've got a VC++ 6.0 compiler at my desk and have already compiled the
stuff myself before on W32. I will do this tomorrow, however I will use
openssl 0.9.6d ....

I'll try to put it in the contrib area.

Bye
Tim

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

Gilles

Hi,

Could somebody help me create the Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x-OpenSSL_x file
from the mod_ssl-2.8.9-1.3.26.tar.gz file that has been released
recently.

Thanks.

Bye,
-Jim.

We have been unable to find the above Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_x file in
the http://www.modssl.org/contrib/ area.

No.

--Cliff

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com