Subject: SSL_CLIENT_CERT in the access check phase

From: Himanshu Soni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:47:26 -0800

Hi

I am writing a module for apache which relies on mod_ssl. This module
provides certificate authentication in addition to functionality provided by
mod_access.
Basically, its a copy of mod_access with certificate validation
functionality. I rely on SSL_CLIENT_CERT environment variable being set but
my module fails to read this environment variable.
I read somewhere in this email-list that SSL_CLIENT_CERT is not set until
the fix-up state.

Is that correct? and if so, is there a way to get the client cert by other
means?

Thanx a bunch for any help.

Himanshu Soni
ValiCert Inc.
http://www.valicert.com
Software Engineer
phone: 650-567-5491

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:37:47 +0100

> Is that correct? and if so, is there a way to get the client cert by other
I have an old, simple and sligthly b0rken example at http://www2.toftum.dk/apache/
It should at least give you a general idea about how to get at the relevant
variables from an Apache module.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]