Subject: mod_ssl-2.0.40-8

From: "Mike Pacheco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:30:12 -0400

Hi All,

Been on the mod_ssl site from top to bottom and I can not find mod_ssl for
apache 2.0.40 - I do a custom install of RedHat 8.0 - pick httpd and mod_ssl
and then query the installed packages after it finishes and I test apache
with ssl successfully and I get:

rpm -q mod_ssl = mod_ssl-2.0.40-8

I would like to get my hands on the source for this version of mod_ssl for
some custom install options but I can not seem to find it.  Can somebody
please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mike Pacheco

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:01:24 -0400

Hi,

On Friday 25 Oct 2002 1:30 pm, Mike Pacheco wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Been on the mod_ssl site from top to bottom and I can not find mod_ssl
> for apache 2.0.40 - I do a custom install of RedHat 8.0 - pick httpd
> and mod_ssl and then query the installed packages after it finishes and
> I test apache with ssl successfully and I get:
>
> I would like to get my hands on the source for this version of mod_ssl
> for some custom install options but I can not seem to find it.  Can
> somebody please point me in the right direction?

It's bundled in the source code for Apache2 now. BTW: that's strange
naming for the rpm if it's as you say and Redhat have split the Apache2
modules out.  "apache-mod_ssl" would have made more sense for the ssl
support IMHO.

Anyway, if you get the Apache2 source code, (a tarball from the horse's
mouth mouth, or via source RPMs from Redhat or elsewhere), then you
should find the ssl module sitting in the source.

Cheers,
Geoff

-- 
Geoff Thorpe
[email-masked]
http://www.geoffthorpe.net/

---

From: Geoff Thorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:24:37 -0400

<sigh>

> mouth mouth, or via source RPMs from Redhat or elsewhere), then you
  ^^^^^^^^^^^
I am reminded from time to time that perhaps "vi" might not, after all,
be as appropriate for quickly-blurted emails as it is for coding ...
with this slight slip of the fingers I make an already silly reference
utterly incomprehensible.

Apologies, I meant "a tarball from apache.org".

Cheers,
Geoff