Subject: rebuilding apache + mod-ssl - urgent pls

From: "Jose Correia (J)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:41:25 +0200

Hi all

I needed to rebuild apache + mod-ssl 2.84 + open-ssl-0.9.6a on top of
my existing apache version 1.3.20. It all went fine and installed
nicely. After rebooting the machine and trying to start the service
with ssl (using /opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl), I'm now getting
this:

Syntax error on line 224 of /opt/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /opt/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into server:
/opt/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: dbm_fetch
/opt/apache/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Any ideas of a step I missed??

My errors.log file says:

"Tue Aug 27 14:55:13 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: Private key not
found (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Tue Aug 27 14:55:13 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D084069:asn1
encoding routines:d2i_ASN1_SET:bad tag
[Tue Aug 27 14:55:13 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09D082:asn1
encoding routines:d2i_RSAPrivateKey:parsing
[Tue Aug 27 14:55:13 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09B00D:asn1
encoding routines:d2i_PrivateKey:ASN1 lib"

I'm using my previous server.crt and server.key and server.csr... must
I regenerate these using make certificate??

thanks a lot

Jose
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]