Subject: RE: mod_ssl/2.8.13 and php

From: "Frye, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:04:36 -0500

I had the same problem but without using PHP.  Ended up reverting back to 2.8.12 until I (or someone else) can figure it out.  It will also install the snakeoil certificates even if I specifiy the path to an existing cert.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sophia Petridou [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 9:39 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mod_ssl/2.8.13 and php

Hello all,

SERVER: Apache 1.3.27 + mod_ssl/2.8.13 + PHP/4.3.1

I have just installed mod_ssl/2.8.13 and my server
has started without problems.
(config command: ./configure  --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-mm=/usr/local/include)

The requests about html files or server-status and server-info pages
are ok. But, when I request a php file (/php3-info.php3) I get the
message
'The page cannot be displayed'. These are the entries in my error log
file:
[Wed Mar 19 16:10:31 2003] [notice] child pid 11411 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Mar 19 16:10:33 2003] [notice] child pid 11414 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Mar 19 16:20:54 2003] [notice] child pid 11413 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Mar 19 16:21:04 2003] [notice] child pid 11415 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Mar 19 16:21:17 2003] [notice] child pid 11412 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

This problem does not exist with mod_ssl/2.8.12 and the same version of
php

thanks in advance

-sophia

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Burkhard Ulrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:33:55 +0100 (CET)

I have this Problems with:

Apache/1.3.27 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.3.1 mod_ssl/2.8.13 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

Requesting Pages without ssl encryption works fine but requesting this
Pages with encryption causes segfault on every request.

There are no Problems with  2.8.12

Regards

Burkhard