Subject: RE: Flex failure during apache 1.3.28 make - RESOLVED

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:14:53 +0200

Thanks all!

Touching the .c files in src/modules/ssl let flex do its work and the
make continued without a hitch.

I repeated the build with a cleanly untarred distribution and it
compiled smoothly. Looking back, my original attempt failed because I
set the wrong path for EAPI_MM (I upgraded ocsp-mm at the same time). I
did a "make clean" before relaunching make but that probably doesn't
reset time stamps and so that explains why they got mixed up. So the
lesson learned is: If make fails, ditch the distro and unpack again...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle
Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: R. DuFresne [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Montag, 21. Juli 2003 15:45
>To: Mads Toftum
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Flex failure during apache 1.3.28 make
>
>
>
>wasn't this an issue with a modssl version a year or two ago?  
>something
>like the source files in the tarball not having the proper 
>date stamps and
>as Mad's mentiones, required a touch of a few files to make flex more
>'flexable'?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ron DuFresne
>
>On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Mads Toftum wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 02:23:22PM +0200, Boyle Owen wrote:
>> > Greetings, 
>> > 
>> > I'm trying to compile the new 2.8.15 with apache 1.3.28 but hit a
>> > problem when make tries to run "flex" on the file
>> > src/modules/ssl/ssl_expr_scan.l.
>> > 
>> This shouldn't happen unless timestamps were messed up.  Try touching
>> src/modules/ssl/ssl_expr_scan.c to make sure its timestamp 
>is newer than
>> the .l file.
>> 
>> vh
>> 
>> Mads Toftum
>> 
>
>-- 
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
>                        http://sysinfo.com
>
>"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
>eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
>business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
>                -- Johnny Hart
>
>testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!
>
>______________________________________________________________________
>Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
>User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
>Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
>
Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Swiss Exchange.
This e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to
the exchange or business activities of the SWX Swiss Exchange. Le
présent e-mail est un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec
l'activité boursière de la SWX Swiss Exchange.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company. 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:20:27 +0200

> make continued without a hitch.
Well, to be precise, that's not what happened. Make checks the date of the 
.c file that is output from flex - if the output is newer, then make does
not try to run flex.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall