Subject: Problem with mod_ssl 2.8.11

From: "Muralidhar K (SSG) - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:46:10 +0530

Hi All,

I have the following problem with Apache 1.3.27, mod_ssl 2.8.11, open ssl
0.9.6g :-

ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:37:56 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:38:07 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:38:19 26447] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:38:28 26435] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:38:37 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:38:49 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:00 26504] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:11 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:20 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:30 26435] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:40 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:39:51 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:01 26447] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:10 26435] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:22 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:32 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:41 26447] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:40:51 26435] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:41:01 26451] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:41:12 26426] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:41:21 26447] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:41:33 26435] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:49:21 28526] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:49:31 28527] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:49:41 28532] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:49:51 28530] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:50:02 28526] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:50:12 28527] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:50:23 28531] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
ssl_engine_log:[09/Nov/2002 03:50:33 28532] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

When i observed with netstat -a, the connections are in CLOSE_WAIT state.  I
observed that so many people posted similar problems on the net. 

Kindly let me know if any patch available with mod_ssl or any solution for
this.

Regards,
Murali

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]