Subject: Outdated box with strange logs

From: BeTa AlphA <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Oct 2002 23:07:46 +0200

Hi... I'm new on this mailing-list... and to show my happiness... I have
a question about strange logs :

I'm running "Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 mod_ssl/2.8.7
OpenSSL/0.9.6c PHP/4.1.2" on an old box on which I'll install a more
recent GNU/Linux into (Gentoo-Linux I think)...

I'd like to know what you can understand here (it is exhaustive and
repetitive... so you can let unread lot of things) :

------------------

[10/Oct/2002 01:45:53 01672] [info]  Connection to child 7 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:45:53 01672] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:45:53 01672] [info]  Connection: Client IP:
80.13.99.108, Protocol: SSLv2, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[10/Oct/2002 01:45:53 01672] [info]  Connection to child 7 closed with
standard shutdown (server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07927] [info]  Connection to child 0 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07927] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07939] [info]  Connection to child 5 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07939] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07926] [info]  Connection to child 1 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:11 07926] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07943] [info]  Connection to child 6 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07943] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07930] [info]  Connection to child 2 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07930] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07928] [info]  Connection to child 3 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07928] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07929] [info]  Connection to child 4 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 07929] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 01672] [info]  Connection to child 7 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 01672] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 04601] [info]  Connection to child 8 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:12 04601] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:13 04602] [info]  Connection to child 9 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:13 04602] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:14 04603] [info]  Connection to child 10 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:14 04603] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:15 04604] [info]  Connection to child 11 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:15 04604] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:16 04605] [info]  Connection to child 12 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:16 04605] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:17 04606] [info]  Connection to child 13 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:17 04606] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:18 04607] [info]  Connection to child 14 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:18 04607] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:19 04608] [info]  Connection to child 15 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:19 04609] [info]  Connection to child 16 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:19 04609] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:19 04608] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04610] [info]  Connection to child 17 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04611] [info]  Connection to child 18 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04611] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04610] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04612] [info]  Connection to child 19 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04612] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04613] [info]  Connection to child 20 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:20 04613] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04614] [info]  Connection to child 21 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04614] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04615] [info]  Connection to child 22 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04615] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04616] [info]  Connection to child 23 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04617] [info]  Connection to child 24 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04617] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04616] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04618] [info]  Connection to child 25 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04618] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04620] [info]  Connection to child 27 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04619] [info]  Connection to child 26 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04619] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04620] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04621] [info]  Connection to child 28 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:21 04621] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04622] [info]  Connection to child 29 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04622] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04623] [info]  Connection to child 30 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04624] [info]  Connection to child 31 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04623] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04624] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04626] [info]  Connection to child 33 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04626] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04625] [info]  Connection to child 32 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04625] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:22 04623] [info]  Connection: Client IP:
80.13.99.108, Protocol: SSLv2, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:23 04624] [info]  Connection: Client IP:
80.13.99.108, Protocol: SSLv2, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:23 04626] [info]  Connection: Client IP:
80.13.99.108, Protocol: SSLv2, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:23 04625] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108) (OpenSSL library error
follows)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:23 04625] [error] OpenSSL: error:1406908F:SSL
routines:GET_CLIENT_FINISHED:connection id is different
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07927] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07939] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07926] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07943] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07930] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07928] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 07929] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 01672] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04601] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04602] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04603] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04604] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04605] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04606] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04607] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04623] [info]  Connection to child 30 closed
withwww.duval.dyndns.org standard shutdown (server
www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04624] [info]  Connection to child 31 closed with
standard shutdown (server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 01:50:24 04626] [info]  Connection to child 33 closed with
standard shutdown (server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 02:07:24 07928] [info]  Connection to child 3 established
(server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)
[10/Oct/2002 02:07:24 07928] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 23177 bytes of
entropy
[10/Oct/2002 02:07:24 07928] [info]  Connection: Client IP:
80.13.99.108, Protocol: SSLv2, Cipher: RC4-MD5 (128/128 bits)
[10/Oct/2002 02:07:24 07928] [info]  Connection to child 3 closed with
standard shutdown (server www.old.chezmoi.org:443, client 80.13.99.108)

------------------

... I'll recieve all your ideas...
Thanks for your eventual attention.

BeTa
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Victor Medina <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Oct 2002 15:45:12 -0400

Hi Guys!!

I just updated the server installer to fix a small but important bug
with setup software.
The installer is as usual at:

ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/victormedina/ikiruxproject

I as always appreciate feedback and bugs or just comments

Best Regards!

__________________________________________________________
Victor Medina M   -  Route Learning Web Designer and Senior Java
Programmer
Real Business Solutions, Inc.

phone: 58245-5646677 EXT: 269
cellphone: 0416-8494395
e-mail: [email-masked]
web: http://unitec.edu.ve
usuario linux: #145671
__________________________________________________________