Subject: Re: [BugDB] SSL problem question (PR#692)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 03:36:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> Hi my name is Jaymes Redus and I work with Affliated Computer Systems
> here in Tallahassee, I just wanted to ask a question concerning a SSL
> issue that we are having. We are having a problem with our Upload
> functionality on our Web Application. It seems that if a customer tries
> to upload a file or text file(encrypted) that's under 57 MB it works
> fine but if the file is 58 MB(encrypted) or higher the upload fails.

Several Win32 system calls have (ridiculous) hidden limits right around
the 56-57MB limit.  Among the ones I've seen that fail when passed more
data than that in a single call:

    WriteFile()
    TransmitFile()

I'm willing to bet you're using WriteFile().  If so, make sure you check
its return code for errors.  You'll get back something like
ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES (or something like that, I don't remember
exactly what it is off the top of my head).  You'd have to loop on the
WriteFile() call and pass it bite-sized chunks to get it to work.

But in general, do you really want a web application buffering that much
in memory?  Surely not.

--Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Charlottesville, VA

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]