Subject: Performance Issue

From: "Denis A.V.Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 13:05:47 -0300

Hey there,

I have a few webservers using apache+mod_ssl in our site.
I have noticed, with the installation of 1.3.2[34] and mod_ssl2.8.[78], 
a significant performance situation. Now I have a very high load
average, which I never had before with older versions of the software
(ex: apache1.3.22+mod_ssl 2.8.6).
The hardware used are all Sun Enterprise with Solaris 2.7. 

I searched through this list and couldn't find anyone with the same
problem.... no one have those problems also?

Thanks in advance.

-- 
Denis A.V.Jr. - [email-masked]
Systems Engineer

perl -e 'print "computers are like air-conditioners: they stop working
when you open windows ", pack("c*",hex
"3A",sqrt(2025),(unpack(c,"=")-20),10);'

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Denis A.V.Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 14:30:35 -0300

I compiled it using...:

export CFLAGS='-DHARD_SERVER_LIMIT=8192'; ./configure  
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.24 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6c 
--disable-rule=DEV_RANDOM --disable-rule=EXPAT --disable-rule=IRIXN32
--disable-rule=IRIXNIS --disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX  --enable-module=most
--enable-module=mmap_static --enable-shared=ssl --enable-shared=max
--prefix=/opt/apache

[]

-- 
Denis A.V.Jr. - [email-masked]
Systems Engineer - ICQ 2524962
Universo Online

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 13:11:20 -0500 (EST)

> The hardware used are all Sun Enterprise with Solaris 2.7.

To help track this down, can you do a before-and-after run of the
following:

truss -c
lockstat -CP sleep 5

and email the outputs of both from the old version and the new version to
me?

Thanks,
Cliff

--------------------------------------------------------------
   Cliff Woolley
   [email-masked]
   Apache HTTP Server Project