Subject: 1 certificate for several sites using redirection ?

From: Wim Godden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:17:47 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to use a certificate to secure several of our subdomains...
buying hundreds of certificates is simply too expensive.
Is there some way to do this :

- Install certificate on secure.ourdomain.com
- Let people surf to
https://secure.ourdomain.com/other-subdomain.ourdomain.com/what-ever-page.html

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Wim Godden

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Peter Viertel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:23:39 +0100

You could do that using reverse proxy, ie mod_proxy.
Redirects are not going to help.

---

From: Wim Godden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:06:15 +0200

proxypass /test http://other-subdomain.ourdomain.com
doesn't work properly... I get errors about the images being insecure and all links
point to the wrong position.

--
------
Adverteren.be - 100% Nederlandstalig adverteren op kwalitatief hoogstaande sites !