Subject: some ISP's allow to connect others don't

From: "A.T.Z." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:37:13 +0200

Quite a challenge..
Apache latest, mod_ssl latest, openssl latest, changes as per FAQ to 
httpd.conf are applied.

When connecting via ISP 1 SSL works fine, no matter which browser is used.
When connecting via ISP 2 SSL works fine, no matter which browser is used.
When connecting via ISP 3, 4 and 5 the fun really starts. As soon as the 
connections changes to https MSIE cannot show the page.. Mozilla complains 
that the document contains no data.. No matter whether logging is set to 
trace or debug, the ssl_engine_log does not show anything about that 
particular connection.

Same webserver, same client.. only another dailup/DSL ISP..

Latest DNS change was to remove a wildcard DNS entry. This has been more 
then one week ago and should have propagated to all ISP's even without the 
SSL worked fine for my own workstation.. But if I add the domain to the 
hosts file of the client I see no change in the behavior.

With other SSL aware websites (on other IP's) the client can connect 
without any problem, even with ISP 3, 4 and 5..

On the webserver there are no rules denying connections to port 80 or 443 
for these ISP's..

I'm really getting a bit confused here.. all tests seem to indicate there 
is a problem at the ISP's configuration..
Any thoughts on other causes are greatly appriciated..

TIA,

B.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]