Subject: Problems with Globalsign certificate ?

From: "Brian Ipsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 23:48:02 +0200

Hi!

 I've just received a Globalsign certificate for running https on an Apache
server with mod_ssl. The apache starts up without any problems, but when a
clients connects to the server with https (the client is using Internet
Explorer 5.5), the user gets a warning, and the "certification path" tab in
IE says: "This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certification
authority."
 The General tab/pane says: "This CA Root certificate is not trusted. To
enable trust, install this certificate in the Trusted Root Certification
Authorities store."

 I thought when using Globalsign the CA was valid and known by IE - I know
it doesn't complaint when ordering the certificate, and as far as I remember
they have signed their own certificate, so IE should know about
Globalsign...

 I have downloaded the root certificate and installed it in my ssl.crt
directory (http://support.globalsign.net/en/serversign/apachemodssl.cfm) -
the only difference is that I compiled apache and mod_ssl before requestion
the certificate - but that should hopefully not affect anything which can
result in the problem I'm seeing right now...

Anyone ??

/Brian

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:55:15 +0100

Hi Brian,
     I think globasign suggest using the SSLCACertificatePath directive,
use SSLCertificateChainFile instead and see if that works.
Regards.
Mikey

"Brian Ipsen" <[email-masked]> on 02/05/2002 21:48:02

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  Problems with Globalsign certificate ?

Hi!

 I thought when using Globalsign the CA was valid and known by IE - I know
it doesn't complaint when ordering the certificate, and as far as I
remember
they have signed their own certificate, so IE should know about
Globalsign...

Anyone ??

/Brian

All telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.

E-mail communication is not secure and may be intercepted
by a third party. This message is confidential to the intended addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately and then
delete this message. Virgin One account does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. Although Virgin One account
believes this e-mail is free of any virus or other defect which may affect a
computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is
virus free and Virgin One account does not accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from its use.

The Virgin One account is a secured personal bank account with The Royal Bank
of Scotland plc administered by Virgin Direct Personal Finance Ltd. It is an
Introducer representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd,
which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority for life insurance,
pension and unit trust business and represents only the Virgin Money marketing
group.

Registered office: Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2TH, UK.
Registered in England no 3414708.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]