Subject: Testing SSLv3 Authentication

From: Giovanni Giorgi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:09:49 +0200

Excuse me,
    I have installed mod_ssl.
I must authenticate known clients based on certificate and **I need to 
test this feature.
I have installed a self-signed crt using something like

#   require a client certificate which has to be directly
#   signed by our CA certificate in ca.crt
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLCACertificateFile conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt

How can I build the client certificate to install on the browser?
Can I build a second client.crt and then sign it with the ca.crt?

I have signed the client.crt with

 openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in client.csr  -signkey ca.private.key -out client.crt 

Is it right? Or must I  use the CA.pl script ?

Thank you

-- 
// Giovanni Giorgi  First, they ignore you, then they laugh at you,
//                   then they fight you. Then you win
// Sol-Tec s.r.l.           Mahatma Ghandi

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Kai Hofmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:29:35 +0200

> Can I build a second client.crt and then sign it with the ca.crt?

Take a look at www.thwate.com under personal certificates - they are free!!!

-- 
Institut für Seeverkehrswirtschaft und Logistik   http://www.isl.org/
Dipl.-Inform. Kai Hofmann                       mailto:[email-masked]
Universitaetsallee GW1 Block A                   phone:+49 421 22096-83
D-28359 Bremen                                     fax:+49 421 22096-55
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]