Subject: this list

From: Jeff Hallgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:36:33 -0600

Why do I keep getting spam from the modssl-users list when I'm not 
subscribed to it (anymore)??
Please stop.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Kevin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:49:18 -0500

I am guessing that no one is able to block the mail from mmx.engelschall.com
on the modssl.org list?

Kevin Klawon
CTO - InterSightTechnologies

Tel.: (888) 843-6935 Ext. 483
Mobile: 203-675-5644
Office:  407-854-3447

[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Jeff Hallgren
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: this list

---

From: Skip Montanaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:08:20 -0600

Jeff> Why do I keep getting spam from the modssl-users list when I'm not 
    Jeff> subscribed to it (anymore)??
    Jeff> Please stop.

*sigh*

This is caused by typical spam/virus/worm forgery techniques.  You can be
assured that nobody on the modssl list is actually spamming you.  You'll
understand about forgery once spam is sent out forged so it looks like you
sent it.

Look around for a decent spam filter.

-- 
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/submit.html
Got spam? http://spambayes.sf.net/
[email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:47:57 +0100

> I am guessing that no one is able to block the mail from mmx.engelschall.com
Since mmx.engelschall.com is part of the modssl/openssl mail infrastructure,
that would effectively kill all mail to both modssl and openssl lists.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: Goetz Babin-Ebell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:59:55 +0100

Hallo Mads,

> that would effectively kill all mail to both modssl and openssl lists.

Since all these mails have no Message ID when they
are received at master.modssl.org, it seems to be a good Idea
to configure this host to refuse all mail (comming from the outside)
that has no message ID...

perhaps with a frienly error code
(like "go to hell evil spammer")

Bye

Goetz

-- 
Goetz Babin-Ebell, TC TrustCenter AG, http://www.trustcenter.de
Sonninstr. 24-28, 20097 Hamburg, Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)40 80 80 26 -0,  Fax: +49-(0)40 80 80 26 -126

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:31:18 +0100

> that has no message ID...
sure, that would certainly make sense.

vh

Mads Toftum