Subject: A bug in table_adjust function that causes a core dump

From: Bernd Steinert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 13:55:03 +0100

Hi,

on November 11 Kirill Shirkov reported a bug in the table_adjust function
that causes core dumps. He described how the core dumps can be reproduced.
Some colleague of mine confirmed this behaviour.

Shirkov also described a bug fix. Up to now (December 5) there are no changes
in the file ssl_util_table.c in the mod_ssl CVS repository. So, I would 
like to aks:
1. Is Shirkovs code change going to be integrated in the offical code? Or 
is there
     some other fix for this bug that will be integrarted?
2. When can some fix be expected in CVS?
3. When can it be expected to be seen in some offical release?

Thanks a lot for any answer!

    Bernd Steinert

---
Dr. Bernd Steinert
kippdata GmbH		Tel.: 0228 - 9 85 49 0
Bornheimer Str. 33a		Fax: 0228 - 9 85 49 50
D-53111 Bonn			eMail: [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:49:35 -0500 (EST)

> Some colleague of mine confirmed this behaviour.

I must have missed the patch... can someone repost it for me (and CC: me
and Ralf on it), and put [PATCH] at the beginning of the subject line of
the message.

> 1. Is Shirkovs code change going to be integrated in the offical code?

Sure... I just need a copy of it.

> 3. When can it be expected to be seen in some offical release?

I can handle the commit to the 2.0.x series... but it's up to Ralf to have
it incorporated into the next release for 1.3.x.

Thanks,
Cliff