Subject: Problem with mod_ssl

From: "C. Votruba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:47:02 +0100

Hello,

I have one problem with mod_ssl (perhaps), using Apache 1.3.27/mod_ssl
2.8.11/OpenSSL 0.9.6g.

I have found the following in my ssl_engine log, after that "attack" Apache
stops to fulfill requests for approx. 1-2 minutes. Regarding some advices
against the slapper.worm I also have disabled SSLv2:

[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Connection to child 98 established
(server alpha.xxxxx.com:443, client 219.167.7.52)
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of entropy
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake interrupt[Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07873] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake interrupt[Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Connection to child 98 established
(server alpha.xxxxx.com:443, client 219.167.7.52)
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 1160 bytes of entropy
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07870] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake interrupt[Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:35 07895] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake interrupt[Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[30/Oct/2002 08:00:36 07913] [info]  Spurious SSL handshake interrupt[Hint:
Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

Any ideas what I could have missed when I upgraded Apache/mod_ssl and
OpenSSL ?
Eveything was recompiled again without any errors, but the error still
exists and sometimes occur (with the same log entries as above)...

Your help is higly appreciated !

Thank you and regards

Christoph

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]