Subject: SSL Server Certificate

From: Robert Hannemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 13:43:21 +0200

Hello,
i´ve generated a Web-Server Certificate split it into server.crt and
server.key and tried to
start apache with ssl, but got the error: invalid passphrase for the key

with the command: openssl rsa -noout -text -in server.key

and after typing in the passphrase ican see the key-content. After that
i removed the passphrase from the key with: openssl rsa -in server.key
-out keyout.key

changed the apache conf and now i can start apache with ssl.
the Versions are:  apache 1.3.24
                           modssl: 2.8.8
                            openssl:
Can anyone help me to use the protected key?

Regards,
Robert Hannemann
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]