Subject: RE: No such module 'ssl'

From: "Frederic DONNAT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 20:31:57 +0200

Hi, 

I've never try this way to configure ssl with apache !
Usually i use something like this :
./configure --prefix=/path/to/pache_install \
	--with-apache=/path/to/apache_src \
	--with-ssl=/path/to/openssl_src
	...
and it works fine.

I think you should try "--with-ssl" option.

regards

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From:	Alex Kirk [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wed 09/04/2002 8:01 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Cc:	
Subject:	No such module 'ssl'

Since my question about MAGIC_COOKIE_EAPI was never answered, I'm coming 
back at the same general problem from a different angle. 

I'm still trying to compile Apache 1.3.26 with Mod_SSL 2.8.10. Following the 
instructions, I've successfully compiled OpenSSL 0.9.6g; however, I didn't 
"fully" put it onto my system, it's currently living in 
/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g. Next, I configured mod_ssl with that location 
of OpenSSL; it had no problems. However, when I try to configure Apache with 
this line: 

SSL_BASE=/home/packages/openssl-0.9.6g/ ./configure --enable-module=ssl 
 --prefix=/usr/local/apache/ --enable-module=so 
 --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a 
 --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a 

I get an immediate error of "configure:Error: No such module named 'ssl'". 

This would seem to be something pretty obvious/basic. What might I be doing 
wrong here? 

Alex Kirk
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Alex Kirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:48:09 GMT

> I think you should try "--with-ssl" option.

configure:Error: invalid option '--with-ssl=src/modules/ssl/' 

No, I don't think so. Thanks for the thought though. Any other ideas on how 
I should be doing this? 

Alex Kirk