Subject: Réf. : RE: Réf. : Re: httpd doesn't start with own certificate

From: "Arnaud De Timmerman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:37:06 +0100

hi,

i've found what my problem was :
the ./ssl.key/server.key demo file ISN'T protected with a password, my key was

i'll have a look in the docs now to find how to start the server if the private
key is protected with a password
i can't imagine the key hasn't to be protected for the server to start

thanks all

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Glen Mehn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:54:17 -0800

you can use openssl to remove the password from the key-- it's in the `openssl rsa` man page.

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC31

There's also SSLPassPhraseDialog, referenced here:

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_reference.html#ToC2

glen

-- 
Glen S Mehn
Lead Systems Administrator		SquareTrade, Inc
[email-masked]	Building Trust in Transactions (sm)
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]