Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: Shut the list down]

From: "Boyle Owen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:23:51 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joachim Feise [mailto:[email-masked]]
> 
> And can you tell me why your problems with an unresponsive gives you
> the right to spam the list with your petty problems?
> You can always just /dev/null the mails.

I am a long-term subscriber and contributor to tis list and since I do
not wish to unsubscribe, I am not a "me-too" and therefore undeserving
of your dire spam-cop threat.

I do, however, take issue with your hectoring attitude. I see no reason
why the list is not a valid forum to discuss problems with the list
management and operation. Far from being "content-free", the me-too
mails allow us to measure the extent of the problem and thus establish
that it is not an isolated case of a few users who don't know how to
unsubscribe properly. Rather, it is a general problem and the excellent
diagnosis by Derrick Fogle even pin-points the problem: the list server
is not running major-domo.

The main reason, however, for posting complaints to the list is that it
is not unreasonable to expect the list to contain someone who is a list
administrator. That this does not appear to be the case here, is no
fault of the poster.

If the list is soon repaired, it will be a direct result of the heat and
noise generated by the debate that you would prefer to stifle.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle
Disclaimer: Any disclaimer attached to this message may be ignored. 
> -Joe
Diese E-mail ist eine private und persönliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur Börsen- bzw. Geschäftstätigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This
e-mail is of a private and personal nature. It is not related to the
exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le présent e-mail est
un message privé et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activité boursière du
Groupe SWX.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender's company.