Subject: Avoid client certificate dialog, when client has no certificate

From: "Gerald Richter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:18:29 +0200

Hi,

I like to have an optional authetification with client certificates.
Everythings works well, except that the browser (IE 5.5) pops up a dialog
(which lists no certificates) also the client has no certificates installed.
Netscape 4.7 gives me an error message that there are no certificates
installed. After confiming these dialogs, everything works as excepted.

I have

SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLVerifyClient optional

in my httpd.conf

Is there any chance to avoid this useless dialog?

Gerald

-------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald Richter    ecos electronic communication services gmbh
Internetconnect * Webserver/-design/-datenbanken * Consulting

Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5         D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
E-Mail:     [email-masked]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131
WWW:        http://www.ecos.de      Fax:      +49 6133 925152
-------------------------------------------------------------

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]