Subject: mod_ssl and apache 1.3.26

From: "Andreas Schnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:31:35 +0200

Hey,

I try to install mod_ssl.

The problem is that the install manual just describes how to install it together with apache and openssl.

Well... I have Apache 1.3.26 and openssl 0.9.6c already installed and don't want to remove it just to install mod_ssl.

Is there any way to install mod_ssl, even if apache and openssl is already installed ?
I hope so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thnx

Andreas

---

From: hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 10:31:54 -0400

Andreas Schnell wrote:
> Well... I have Apache 1.3.26 and openssl 0.9.6c already installed and 
> don't want to remove it just to install mod_ssl.
>  

Andreas,

Windows or Unix?

On Windows I may be able to explain it, but not Unix.

You should not continue to use OpenSSL 0.9.6c, there are serious 
exploitable flaws in versions less than 0.9.6g.  In any case I think it 
matters more that mod_ssl be built with a specific version of OpenSSL. 
Adding the mod to Apache should be possible without reinstalling.

However, by saving your httpd.conf and replacing it later, a refresh of 
the whole code base is not be a big deal in my mind.

-chris

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]