Subject: Verisign Global Server ID requires Stronghold

From: Viljo Marrandi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:10:01 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

We're making here one secure site and we ordered from Verisign their
Global Server ID and there in ordering form it says that these ID's are
available for platforms like C2Net Apache Stronghold, IBM, Netscape etc.
So do I really have to buy for $1000 USD Stronghold and $700 costing
RedHat or I can use this ID on free Apache/mod_ssl too?

I found out that Stronghold also bases on mod_ssl and I didn't find any
articles saying that these ID's don't work on free servers. Please
enlighten me on this.

Rgds,
Viljo

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:09:42 +0200

> articles saying that these ID's don't work on free servers. Please
They will work just as well on apache with mod_ssl.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall

---

From: "Ma'rt Laak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:33:35 +0300

You can use Apache+mod_ssl as well - we use fe. 
Put Stronghold into platform.

Regards,
Märt

On 30 Jul 2002 at 11:10, Viljo Marrandi wrote:

> Global Server ID and there in ordering form it says that these ID's
> are available for platforms like C2Net Apache Stronghold, IBM,
> Netscape etc. So do I really have to buy for $1000 USD Stronghold and
> $700 costing RedHat or I can use this ID on free Apache/mod_ssl too?
> 
> I found out that Stronghold also bases on mod_ssl and I didn't find
> any articles saying that these ID's don't work on free servers. Please
> enlighten me on this.
> 
> Rgds,
> Viljo
>

---

From: Thomas Binder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:30:59 +0200

Hi!

> They will work just as well on apache with mod_ssl.

Note that for them to work properly you have to follow Verisign's
installation instructions, as browsers will not recognize
Verisign's signature if you forget to install the intermediate
certificate for the global server IDs.

Ciao

Thomas