Subject: Problems building Apache 2.0.35 with mod_ssl enabled

From: Ray Hillman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:38:37 +0100

Hi,

Having built OpenSSL 0.9.7, I have attempted a build of 
Apache 2.0.35 twice now with mod_ssl enabled
and have hit the following error, where conflicting
types are declared in mod_ssl.h and ssl_engine_kernel.c:

.
.
.
Making all in ssl
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
mod_ssl.c && touch mod_ssl.lo
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
ssl_engine_config.c && touch ssl_engine_config.lo
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
ssl_engine_dh.c && touch ssl_engine_dh.lo
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
ssl_engine_init.c && touch ssl_engine_init.lo
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
ssl_engine_io.c && touch ssl_engine_io.lo
/bin/sh /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
--mode=compile gcc  -g -O2 -pthreads -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP    -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT
-DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER   -I.
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/os/unix
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/server/mpm/prefork
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/http
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/proxy
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/local/ssl/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/dav/main
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -c
ssl_engine_kernel.c && touch ssl_engine_kernel.lo
ssl_engine_kernel.c:1809: conflicting types for
`ssl_callback_LogTracingState'
mod_ssl.h:639: previous declaration of `ssl_callback_LogTracingState'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ssl_engine_kernel.lo'
Current working directory /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/ssl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules/ssl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /export/home/rkh/httpd-2.0.35/modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

Regards

Ray
-- 
RFC-822 : [email-masked]
  X.400 : S=hillman; G=ray; O=bton; PRMD=uk.ac; ADMD= ; C=GB
    Tel : +44 1273 600900 Ext. 2644 or +44 1273 642644 (direct)
    Fax : +44 1273 642666
   Http : http://www.bton.ac.uk/
          http://sirius.admin.bton.ac.uk/backhander/
Systems Manager, University of Brighton Information Services,
Watts Building, Moulsecoomb, Brighton, East Sussex, UK, BN2 4GJ
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Issac Goldstand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:55:03 +0300

It's fixed in Apache's CVS version.  See bugzilla bug 7802 
(http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=7802)

  Issac