Subject: Re: Question about errors browsers give on non-validated keys

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:22:34 +0100

Cliff,

http://www.modssl.org/docs/2.8/ssl_faq.html#ToC39
Thawte and Verisign work the same way if you have a GlobalID

Mikey

"Cliff" <[email-masked]> on 05/04/2002 04:19:20

Please respond to [email-masked]

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  Question about errors browsers give on non-validated keys

Hi, my work bought a certificate from thawte, and it is for
travelguides.com. I
installed the cert and modssl is working with no problems, except when I
click
on a link that goes to a secure (https) part of the site, different
browsers pop
up this message:

Netscape: travelguides.com is a site that uses encryption to protect
transmitted
information. However, Netscape does not recognize the authority who
signed its Certificate.

Although Netscape does not recognize the signer of this Certificate, you
may
decide to accept it anyway so that you can connect to and exchange
information with this site.

This assistant will help you decide whether or not you wish to accept this
Certificate and to what extent.

Opera: This sites certificate chain is incomplete and the signer is not
verified, continue?

IE: says something about it is sign but on the wrong domain.

My question is, it is signed for travelguides.com but I have tried putting
the
https listening on secure.travelguides.com and just regular
travelguides.com and
I still get this prompt. How do I get rid of it? Thanks

(See attached file: att1.htm)

All telephone calls are recorded and may be monitored.

E-mail communication is not secure and may be intercepted
by a third party. This message is confidential to the intended addressee.
If you are not the intended addressee, please inform us immediately and then
delete this message. Virgin One account does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. Although Virgin One account
believes this e-mail is free of any virus or other defect which may affect a
computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is
virus free and Virgin One account does not accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage arising from its use.

The Virgin One account is a secured personal bank account with The Royal Bank
of Scotland plc administered by Virgin Direct Personal Finance Ltd. It is an
Introducer representative only of Virgin Money Personal Financial Service Ltd,
which is authorised by the Financial Services Authority for life insurance,
pension and unit trust business and represents only the Virgin Money marketing
group.

Registered office: Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2TH, UK.
Registered in England no 3414708.