Subject: Apache 2.0.39 problems on Solaris 9

From: Dave Kimberley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:26:10 +0100

Problem: Cannot get Apache 2.0.39 to run on Solaris 9 with SSL.

Details:

cc: Sun Workshop 6 update 2 C 5.3 2001/05/15

Compiled and installed openssl-0.9.6d

Compiled and installed Apache 2.0.39 ( ./configure
--prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
--enable-rewrite )

Added custom cert

Tried starting Apache without SSL, works but get an SSLSessionCache warning:
# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
# more error_log
[Tue Jun 25 16:22:17 2002] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured
[hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Tue Jun 25 16:22:19 2002] [notice] Apache/2.0.39 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.39
OpenSSL/0.9.6d configured -- resuming normal operations

Tried starting Apache with SSL, crashes
# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl
[Tue Jun 25 16:21:32 2002] [crit] [Tue Jun 25 16:21:32 2002] file
vhost.c, line 232, assertion "rv == APR_SUCCESS" failed
Abort - core dumped

Any ideas

Thanks

Dave
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------
   Dave Kimberley                         Tel: +44 1785 785489
   System Administrator                   Fax: +44 1785 785401
   Marconi Pensions Office   http://www.marconi-pensions.co.uk
-------------------------------------------------------------

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Jeff Landers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:32:15 -0700

Dave,

Did you check your config.log to see if it even configures correctly. I can't get past the parse errors. If I ignore them I get the same errors that you are.

>>> [email-masked] 06/25/02 08:37AM >>>

Details:

Added custom cert

Any ideas

Thanks

Dave