Subject: problem when i create private key

From: Saher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:38:53 +0300

Hi

The problem i have it , 
when i wont create a new RSA Private Key for our Apache server 
using this  command 

$  openssl genrsa -des3 -out ca.key 1024 

OR

 $ openssl genrsa -des3  1024 > ca.key

this error coming for me 

worning , not  mutch extra random data , consider using the -rand option
generating RSA private key . 1024 bit long moduls.

16863 : error : 24064064 random number generator :SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES :PRNG
not seeded : md__rand .c :538

16863 : error : 04069003 :rsa routines : RSA_GENERATOR_KEY :BN lib : rsa_gen
.c :182

if you have the selution please send it in this email

[email-masked]

thanks
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:03:01 +0100

Try this instead

openssl genrsa -des3 -rand file1:file2:file3:file4:file5 -out ca.key 1024

Where file1 to file5 are reasonably random files. Log files are handy for
this.

- 
John Airey
Internet systems support officer, ITCSD, Royal National Institute of the
Blind,
Bakewell Road, Peterborough PE2 6XU,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1733 375299 Fax: +44 (0) 1733 370848 [email-masked] 

Is the statement 'There is no such thing as truth'  true?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Saher [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 03 July 2002 10:39
> To: [email-masked]'
> Subject: problem when i create private key
> 
> 
> 
> Hi
> 
> The problem i have it , 

- 

NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any attachments is 
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the 
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, 
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If 
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender 
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your 
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any 
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it 
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are 
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

Please note that the statements and views expressed in this email 
and any attachments are those of the author and do not necessarily 
represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk