Subject: Virtual Hosting Problem

From: Jay States <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 19:15:29 -0300

I have tried to configure a port-based virtual hosts with the following 
ports:

443
444
445
446
447

Is there a better how-to than on the apache site?  I'm using apache 
2.0.39 and would like to see an example.  I follow the text and keep 
getting the same error message.  Keep in mind that port is not used by 
anything other than apache.

(48)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:447
no listening sockets available, shutting down

Thanks in advance.

J
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Danalien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:03:25 +0200

hi.

As I know, you can only bind one uniqe ip to one SSL virtual host.

and from what I have read, you can't use name-based SSL virtual host(s) either,
as a work around.

please correct me if I'm misstaking, anyone, I am only using 1.3.24.

>no listening sockets available, shutting down

//   with regards
//   ID ::  danalien  ::  <[email-masked]>

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: C891 D3A1 427A A5E7  449F B19E 1E85 A109

---

From: Jay States <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:53:15 -0300

I would like to clear up port-based hosting for mod-ssl:

1. https looks for port 443, but you can change that to any port with 
modification to the apache configure file and also as long as you 
specify the port in the url (https;//sample.com:445).

2. Mod-ssl does not work for name based hosting.  Me must use ports in 
order for it to work.

3. Can you specify more than one port to bind https? What if your only 
have 1 ip address and 10 different domain names.  What do you do then?  
Place the domain names behind you firewall and use a class a,b or c ip 
addresses?

4.  If mod-ssl can be placed on more any one port what does the config 
file look like, I keep getting errors.  All the docs I've read said that 
name-based virtual do not work.  They do not say that multiple ports can 
not be specified.

I have been looking for a solid answer for 3 weeks and thanks to all who 
answer my questions.

J