Subject: SSLCipherSuite

From: Alan Batie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:39:21 -0800

What is the magic incantation to convince SSLCipherSuite to only use
secure methods?

I tried these and it let low grade through just fine:

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!LOW:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+SSLv2
SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!LOW:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
SSLCipherSuite !ADH:!LOW:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:ALL
SSLCipherSuite !ADH:!LOW:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM

I tried these and nothing worked:
SSLCipherSuite !ALL:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM
SSLCipherSuite RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:!ALL

So I'm at a complete loss as to how to force clients to use good
encryption...

-- 
Alan Batie                   ______    www.rdrop.com/users/alan      Me
[email-masked]               \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle
PGPFP DE 3C 29 17 C0 49 7A    \  /     www.pgpi.com   The Weird Numbers
27 40 A5 3C 37 4A DA 52 B9     \/      razor.sourceforge.net   NO SPAM!

    "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, 
         deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)