Subject: multiple SSL instances with aliased IPs

From: John <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:47:52 +0000

Hello modssl-users

I'm stuck... I have an understanding of how apache and ssl works but I
am having troubles in finding a way to set up this server. Most of the
searches I do seem to point to the fact that virtual name based hosting
will not work with multiple ssl. TYhis I understand.

I have a freebsd 4.9-current server running apache+mod_ssl-1.3.29+2.8.16

What I want to accomplish is the following, all on one server:

1. One http-only server serving all my domains.

2. One https server for *each domain* which has its *own IP*

I can easily alias IPs within my range to the servers NIC. This has
alreadu been done. I can also run the virtual name based server, and it
functions fine.

What I don't know how to do, and I haven't found a link for yet, is to 

1. start multiple instances of https, each with its *own config file*

2. make custom ssl certificates *for each SSL server*

Each domain name has its own userspace.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

-- 
John - [email-masked] - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm
For PGP public key finger [email-masked] or see webpage
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]