Subject: Spurious SSL handshake interrupt

From: "Raj Mettai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:15:07 -0500

Hi All,

I am running apache 2.0.39 with mod_ssl module on solaris 8. connected
to tomcat 4.1.12. I am getting lot of " Spurious SSL handshake
interrupt" errors in ssl_error.log file. All my https calls have become
drastically slow. Any clues on this error please, it's a production
website... 

[Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]
[Mon Jan 06 13:09:37 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt
[Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

also few other like these....

[Mon Jan 06 13:10:17 2003] [error] SSL handshake failed (server
new.host.name:443, client 12.94.6.64)
[Mon Jan 06 13:10:17 2003] [error] SSL Library Error: 336151574
error:14094416:lib(20):func(148):reason(1046)

any ideas ?????????/

thanks
-Raj

---

From: "Conrad Heiney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:22:13 -0800

I receive this log message constantly myself, although it has no
apparent impact on performance in my case. The reason for it in our
installation is that the load balancer is set to check SSL availability
and is frequently requesting data from the SSL server but without a full
connection.

Hope this is helpful.

conrad

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 01:15:07PM -0500, Raj Mettai wrote:
> Hi All,
>  
> I am running apache 2.0.39 with mod_ssl module on solaris 8. connected to
> tomcat 4.1.12. I am getting lot of " Spurious SSL handshake interrupt"
> errors in ssl_error.log file. All my https calls have become drastically slow.
> Any clues on this error please, it's a production website...
>  
> [Mon Jan 06 13:09:36 2003] [error] Spurious SSL handshake interrupt [Hint:
> Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

-- 
Conrad Heiney
[email-masked]
http://fringehead.org
----------

If the Catholics can no longer transsubstantiate onion dip into the body of Christ, I'd say it is a pretty crappy miracle. --mjd

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:37:09 -0500 (EST)

> [Hint: Usually just one of those OpenSSL confusions!?]

I don't remember for sure because it's been a while, but I want to say
that something related to this message was fixed in mod_ssl after 2.0.39
was released.  2.0.44 should be coming out sometime soon... give that one
a try when it's released and let me know if you still see the problem.

--Cliff

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]