Subject: RE: CBT Series on mod_ssl needed?

From: "Woodraska, Robert J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:18:38 -0600

Any documentation can always be used by some subset of the userbase.  I think it's a good idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Clift [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2002 4:30 AM
To: Søren Neigaard
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: CBT Series on mod_ssl needed?

Hi Søren,

Thanks for your feedback, it's really appreciated!

New users are the ones whom I create these CBT's for.  A lot of the time
with things, it's learning the concepts enough to get it up-and-running
quickly and well that's needed.

Once someone knows the general concepts and have it running, they can
get the rest of the knowledge they need through reading the
documentation and other materials.

That's what I've found so far anyway.  :)

You're the only person who's answered my question though, so I'm
guessing this isn't really a popular viewpoint with the majority of the
mod_ssl people.  :(  Hope I'm wrong and after the weekend is over I get
a few more email.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

So, that's one person saying yes

Søren Neigaard wrote:
> 
> Saturday, February 23, 2002, 6:20:11 PM, Justin wrote:
> 
> JC> Hi everyone,
> 
> JC> Just wondering if there would be a use if I started creating a free
> JC> series of Computer Based Training tutorials for mod_ssl, similar to the
> JC> series I've started for PostgreSQL :
> 
> JC> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/college/
> 
> JC> These are Flash based animations (about 200k) which explain some of the
> JC> basic concepts of PostgreSQL.  So far, the feedback about them is really
> JC> positive and I'm looking at other Open Source projects which would
> JC> benefit (as well as continuing the PostgreSQL series).
> 
> I'm new to mod_ssl and SSL in general, and I would say YES please,
> that would be really nice :)
> 
> What do you think those tutorials would cover? I have been reading the
> documentation, but for me it isn't easy at all. The documentation
> covers all the configuration of mod_ssl, but I really don't know what
> happens when I start my mod_ssl-Apache server, or even if there is
> more than one way to start it. Also I don't know how I add
> users/passwords to a server or VirtualHost, so that only those users
> has access.
> 
> I don't know if this is too basic, or what you had in mind, but the
> idea sounds GREATH to a newbie like me :) And I also know that if I
> ask these really basic questions here, I upset a lot of people, so I
> have my fingers crossed for a nice tutorial :)
> 
> --
> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
>  Søren Neigaard mailto:[email-masked]
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

-- 
"My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those
who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the
first group; there was less competition there."
   - Indira Gandhi
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect which might affect any system into which it is received or opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is free from virus. This firm accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. Thank you.
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]