Subject: Fw: Apache 2.0.36 released

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 09:58:45 +0200

Several mod_ssl related changes in this one - from the changes file:

  *) Reverted a minor optimization in mod_ssl.c that used the vhost ID
     as the session id context rather that a MD5 hash of that vhost ID,
     because it caused very long vhost id's to be unusable with mod_ssl.
     PR 8572.  [Cliff Woolley]

  *) Fixed SHMCB session caching.  [Aaron Bannert, Cliff Woolley]

  *) Synced with remaining changes from mod_ssl 2.8.8-1.3.24:
     - Avoid SIGBUS on sparc machines with SHMCB session caches
     - Allow whitespace between the pipe and the name of the
     program in SSLLog "| /path/to/program".  [Cliff Woolley]

  *) fix possible compilation problem in ssl_engine_kernel.c. PR 7802
     [Doug MacEachern]

  *) fix possible infinite loop in mod_ssl triggered by certain
     netscape clients [Doug MacEachern]

  *) fix ProxyPass when frontend is https and backend is http
     [Doug MacEachern]

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
With a rubber duck, one's never alone.
              -- "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Subject: Apache 2.0.36 released
From: "Sander Striker" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 01:21:01 +0200

It's a pleasure to announce the second public release of the Apache
Software Foundation's Apache HTTP Server.

The Apache HTTP Server Project signed off on the 2.0.35 release one
month ago.  Since then we have received a lot of feedback from our
users which led to lots of improvements in the codebase.  We feel that
this version, 2.0.36, is now to be considered our best release and
should be used in preference to all older versions.

In case you missed it earlier, the Apache 2.0 series brings new
features to the ASF's HTTP server:

  - higher performance over 1.3
  - multiple operational models: threaded, hybrid processes/threads, and
    specific request processing for Windows, Netware, BeOS, and OS/2
  - integrated SSL and WebDAV support
  - improved HTTP proxy support
  - I/O layering and filtering

You can find more information, and download the server, from our website:
    http://httpd.apache.org/

Please see the CHANGES_2.0 file on http://httpd.apache.org/dist/httpd/ for
a full list of changes.

Thanks for using Apache,

Sander Striker