Subject: [2.0.36] Last message: Seeding PRNG with 136 bytes of entropy

From: Thomas Gagné <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:28:41 -0400

./configure --enable-ssl --enable-proxy

First, I'm reverse-proxying another box.  When I do
everything using just HTTP, it all works.

Requests from the browser (IE 5) coming-in HTTPS using a
home-made
certificate (openssl, CA.pl -newcert).  Everything works
fine for a while.  Then, for no good reason the server
writes
in the ssl_engine_log:

[datetime 31272] [info]  Connection to child 7 established
(servername:443, client 10.0.0.52)
[datetime 31272] [info]  Seeding PRNG with 136 bytes of
entropy

and the browser hangs.

After I close the browser and login again, I start seeing a
bunch of
[datetime 31257] [warn]  Failed to acquire global mutex lock

[datetime 31257] [warn]  Failed to release global mutex lock

I have to recycle the apache proxy server to clear its
head.  Where should I look to find out what the problem is?

I've got it configured so that it's reverse-proxying
everything from DocumentRoot.

Like I said, everything works fine until it hangs (isn't
that always the case).

--
.tom
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]