Subject: ModSSL Problem: SSLCache DBM file not present

From: "Andrea Iacopini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:42:57 +0200

Hi guys,
after a reboot of my httpd service, normally scheduled via crontab, I
experienced a problem.
I have two systems with Redhat 6.2, Apache 1.3.14, mod-ssl 2.7.1,
Openssl 0.9.6: first of all I have to say that this configuration is
driven
by a third part commercial software ( SAP ITS, wgate) installed on this
systems.
After my reboot I had a lot of entries in my ssl_engine.log like these:
***BOF***
[14/Jul/2003 06:45:16 03384] [error] Cannot open SSLSessionCache DBM
file `/opt/httpd/logs/ssl_scache' for reading (fetch) (System error
follows)
[14/Jul/2003 06:45:16 03384] [error] System: File o directory
inesistente * (errno: 2)
***EOF***
Excuse me for pasting log with italian entries; the * non existence file
or directory.
After another reboot aka re-reading my httpd.conf I can see in my log
directory the files created by mod_ssl
MY question would be: why I had this problems ? what kind of problem I
experienced ?
I didn't changed my file/directory permissions.
Any ideas ?
Regards,

A.
========================================================================
Andrea Iacopini,
Technology Solutions, Networking and Security Competence Center

REALTECH Italia S.p.A. - Technology drives e-Business
Via Paolo di Dono, 73 - 00142 Roma, Italy

[email-masked]
Mobile + 39 335 123.44.93
Tel. +39 06 51.95.981, Fax. +39 06 51.96.36.74
========================================================================
Valued IEEE Member,
Member NO: 41412812
Real hackers don't die, just their TTL expires. [Unknown]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]