Subject: install questions

From: "Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:14:36 -0800

Hi,

I'm following "Apache: the definitive guide," and I'm trying to install
apache 1.3.22 with ssl.  The book says to

i) 	build SSLeay (openssl),
ii) 	then exand the apache tar ball,
iii) 	then in the parent directory of apache, expand apache+ssl patch
iv) 	then do "./FixPatch".

Fixpatch concludes by telling me to rebuild openssl again, but the book
clearly implies that this is not to be done.  Rather, the book says to go on
and re-build apache.

Has anyone done this lately?  Do I need to rebuild SSL after building 5
minutes ago?  I'm using openssl 0.9.5a and apache_1.3.22+ssl_1.44.tar.gz.

Eric

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 22:32:33 -0500 (EST)

> minutes ago?  I'm using openssl 0.9.5a and apache_1.3.22+ssl_1.44.tar.gz.

Two things:

(1) You're using old versions of everything and should upgrade. (2) You're
working with Apache-SSL, which is different from mod_ssl, meaning that
this is not the right forum to answer your question.  You need to ask this
question on the Apache-SSL support forum instead.  See
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ (or you could use mod_ssl instead, then we
could help you. :-)

Hope this helps,
--Cliff Woolley
Apache HTTP Server Project