Subject: Apache2 with SSL doesn't start

From: "Andre Steffens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:53:28 +0200

Hi,

I've installed Apache 2.0.36 with mod_ssl on Win2k. After I create a
certificate I now have the files test.cert and test.key.

I add the following lines to my httpd.conf File:

SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel info

<VirtualHost *>
   SSLEngine On
   SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/test.crt
   SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/test.key
   ...
</VirtualHost>

But the Apache doesn't start! Someone who know what I've to do?

Thx Andre
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:23:03 -0400 (EDT)

> But the Apache doesn't start! Someone who know what I've to do?

What does the error log say?

--Cliff

---

From: "Andre Steffens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:52:58 +0200

> What does the error log say?

[Thu Jun 13 09:50:05 2002] [error] mod_ssl: Init: PassPhraseDialog BuiltIn
not supported in server private key from file
D:/server/Apache2/conf/ssl/test.key (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Thu Jun 13 09:50:05 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D084069:asn1 encoding
routines:d2i_ASN1_SET:bad tag
[Thu Jun 13 09:50:06 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09D082:asn1 encoding
routines:d2i_RSAPrivateKey:parsing
[Thu Jun 13 09:50:06 2002] [error] OpenSSL: error:0D09B00D:asn1 encoding
routines:d2i_PrivateKey:ASN1 lib
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]