Subject: FreeBSD 4.x and Apache+mod_ssl

From: "Ronnie Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:54:33 -0600 (CST)

Hello all, 

I am running FreeBSD 4.7 STABLE and just loaded mysql, 
Apache13+mod_ssl, and mod_php4 from the ports collection. I got php and 
SSL playing nice together, but I now have a website that is showing an 
invalid cert. How do I generate my own CA and new server cert signed by 
that CA in this format?

Thanks in advance,
Ron Clark

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Marcel Erkens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:11:59 +0000

from /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl/ run:
make certificate TYPE=custom

and follow the prompts..  remember to copy them to wherever you're storing the 
certs apache uses and run make from that dir to update the links... 

That should do it :)
Hope this helps!
Marcel

-- 
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety... 
deserve neither safety nor liberty." - Benjamin Franklin(1759)
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: justin <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 2002 14:10:34 -0800

here are some good certificate howtos hope they help you

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO.html#AEN139

-- 
                                           _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
          Justin Bastedo                        _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
          [email-masked]                       _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
          FreeBSD: The Power To Serve                  _ |___/___/___/
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]