Subject: Version number

From: Martin Nyberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 21:55:03 +0200

Hi !

I've just upgraded OpenSSL 0.9.6d to 0.9.6g on FreeBSD, but Apache says 
that it's running OpenSSL 0.9.6a!

Where is this version number and how to change it?

I read somewhere in the archive that a solution might be to recompile 
PHP... But what does PHP have to do with Apache (something I don't know) ?

Thanks.

Martin Nyberg

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Drew J. Como" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:55:05 -0400

Martin,

Actually, you may need to recompile Apache (w/ PHP if you need that.)
When building Apache from sources, you have to specify where the OpenSSL
libraries are installed.  If you happened to not use the ones specified
by the RPM and used OpenSSL sources, upgrading the RPM will not help you
and you will need to rebuild Apache with the new libraries.

Let me know if you need help with this...

============================================
Drew J. Como             Phone: 631-434-6600
Systems Administrator      Fax: 631-434-7800
[email-masked]         Web: www.bascom.com
    Bascom Global Internet Services, Inc.
--------------------------------------------
          "When quality is the goal, 
           winning is guaranteed." 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Martin Nyberg
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 3:55 PM
To: modssl-users
Subject: Version number

Hi !

Thanks.

Martin Nyberg

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:52:20 -0600

> PHP... But what does PHP have to do with Apache (something I don't know) ? 

hi, 

to get it right, you should recomplie apache and php to show the correct 
version numbers. 

i've had the same problem and that's how i fixed it. 

i hope it helps for you 

greetz 

Richard
The Netherlands

---

From: Cliff Woolley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:37:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 [email-masked] wrote:

> > I've just upgraded OpenSSL 0.9.6d to 0.9.6g on FreeBSD, but Apache
> > says that it's running OpenSSL 0.9.6a!  Where is this version number
> > and how to change it?
>
> version numbers.  i've had the same problem and that's how i fixed it.

Just to be absolutely clear, this is not just a matter of "showing the
correct version number".  If it shows the wrong version number, that's
because that wrong version is the one actually being used by Apache!!
It's probably a matter of the old version having been statically linked
into Apache, so even after you upgrade OpenSSL, Apache still needs to be
relinked with it.

--Cliff