Subject: mod_ssl version

From: John Ratelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 18:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

How does one determine the version of mod_ssl
installed with apache?

Thanks in advance, jjr

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
http://health.yahoo.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Owen Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 09:05:02 +0200

> How does one determine the version of mod_ssl

Assuming you have "ServerTokens" set to its default value (Full), then
if you usxe the HTTP "HEAD" command from the command line, you get the
full server signature - i.e.

$ telnet <your-server> 80

then type in:

	HEAD / HTTP/1.0

followed by two carriage-returns, you will get:

	HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 07:01:34 GMT
	Server: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_perl/1.25 mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
	etc...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle