Subject: Multiple Apache servers on a single server

From: "Santosh Deshpande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:49:51 -0000

hi All,
   I would like to start two 'Apache servers instances' on a single machine.
   One is to use SSL and the other without SSL. But unfortunately, I can not
start the SSL enabled Apache.

   Here is how the server/conf file looks like.

  Server: RHLinux, has 2 IP address  ( 10.20.30.1 and 10.20.30.2 )

  httpd-ssl.conf :

  Listen 10.20.30.1:443
  NameVirtuaHost 10.20.30.1:443
  <VirtualHost 10.20.30.1:443>
   ServerName www.mydmain.com
   ....
  </VirtualHost>

  httpd-nossl.conf :

  Listen 10.20.30.1:80
  NameVirtuaHost 10.20.30.2:80
  <VirtualHost 10.20.30.2:80>
   ServerName  dtd.mydmain.com
   ....
  </VirtualHost>

   Startup scripts:
      daemon  /usr/sbin/httpd  -f
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd-ssl/httpd-ssl.conf -D SSL
      daemon  /usr/sbin/httpd  -f
/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd-nossl/httpd-nossl.conf

    With this I can get only the httpd without SSL working.  I can not start
the httpd with SSL.
    It comes up with errors
    { [Thu Feb 14 12:35:13 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in use:
make_sock: could not bind to address 10.20.30.1
          port443 ]} though  there is nothing happening on 443.

   ----------------------------------

   Additional Info:
   1.  With a single file that includes both the vhost (httpd.conf), it
works.
     ( I can access www.mydmain.com securely while dtd.mydmain.com in the
non secure way)
   2. The httpd.conf is in default location and I use  'apachectl  startssl'
to startup.
   3. DocumentRoot/ Log destinations are specified correctly ( absolute
path)

  appreciate your help.

Santosh

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]