Subject: apache+mod-ssl build error

From: nagendra modadugu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:49:49 -0700 (PDT)

apache_1.3.26 + mod_ssl-2.8.10-1.3.26 fail to compile when using
openssl-0.9.7-beta3:

gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208110
-DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED
`../../apaci` -DSSL_COMPAT -DSSL_USE_SDBM -DSSL_ENGINE
-I/home/nagendra/work/wasp/src/openssl-0.9.7-beta3/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.10\" mod_ssl.c
In file included from ../../include/ap_config.h:467,
                 from mod_ssl.h:130,
                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
/usr/include/crypt.h:33: parse error before `('
/usr/include/crypt.h:33: parse error before `__const'

The problem is that crypt() is defined as a macro in des_old.h.  This
conflicts with the definition in crypt.h.  One solution to the problem is
to include ap_* headers before openssl headers in mod_ssl.h.

Does this seem like a reasonable solution?  It doesn't seem that mod_ssl
uses crypt() in any case.

nagendra
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]