Subject: [BugDB] Apache/mod_ssl compilation error (PR#675)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:56:17 +0100 (MET)

Full_Name: Haihong Wang
Version: 2.8.7-1.3.23
OS: RedHat 7.1
Submission from: (NULL) (128.107.253.38)

Using the following source code packages:
apache_1.3.23
mod_ssl-2.8.7-1.3.23
openssl-0.9.6c

OS RedHat 7.1, gcc v3.0

Compilation of openssl ok, configuration of mod_ssl is fine. But
while compiling Apache, I got the following error:

===> src/modules/ssl
gcc -c  -I../../os/unix -I../../include  -O2 -g -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208107
-DUSE_HSREGEX -DEAPI -DUSE_EXPAT -I../../lib/expat-lite `../../apaci` -fpic
-DSHARED_MODULE -I/home/whh/apache_1.3.23/openssl-0.9.6c/result/include
-DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.7\" mod_ssl.c && mv mod_ssl.o mod_ssl.lo
In file included from mod_ssl.c:65:
mod_ssl.h:349:18: ndbm.h: No such file or directory
make[4]: *** [mod_ssl.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/whh/apache_1.3.23/apache_1.3.23/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/whh/apache_1.3.23/apache_1.3.23'
make: *** [build] Error 2

This is the config command line I used for Apache:

SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6c/result/ OPTIM="-O2 -g" ./configure
--enable-module=ssl  --prefix=/home/whh/apache_1.3.23/apache_1.3.23/result/
--enable-shared=ssl --disable-rule=SSL_COMPAT --enable-rule=SSL_SDBM
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]