Subject: SSL Session Cache

From: Roger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:04:32 -0800

I run the following command:

openssl s_client -connect www.mysite.com:443

and below is the end of the output:

New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
Server public key is 1024 bit
SSL-Session:
     Protocol  : TLSv1
     Cipher    : EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA
     Session-ID:
     Session-ID-ctx:
     Master-Key: 
66861E5A4DDFF5C008DB2319D9AD470CB3E20EBE2F7ECACC093B77CD9673E8110ACDE9BBF36A01B5D69F3F39AA7E5
     Key-Arg   : None
     Start Time: 1014941077
     Timeout   : 300 (sec)
     Verify return code: 0 (ok)

It has a Session-ID of nothing.  Does this mean I do not have SSL caching 
turned on?  I do have the following lines in httpd.conf:

SSLSessionCache dbm:/usr/local/apache/logs/ssl_gcache_data
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 300

Should I be able to see the 'ssl_gcache_data' file in /usr/local/apache/logs/ ?

Roger

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]