Subject: mass ip virtual host & mod_ssl?

From: Ray a PowerWeb Tech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:09:38 -0600

is it possible using either mod_rewrite, mod_vhosts_alias or some trick in 
mod_ssl to have multiple virtual hosts by ip address

was thinking something like 
# get the server name from the Host: header
UseCanonicalName Off

# this log format can be split per-virtual-host based on the first field
LogFormat "%V %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon
CustomLog logs/access_log vcommon

# include the server name in the filenames used to satisfy requests
VirtualDocumentRoot /www/hosts/%0/docs
VirtualScriptAlias  /www/hosts/%0/cgi-bin

as per 
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html#ipbased

but some of the domains have SSL, and it doesn't seem like this will cover it 
as is.  how do i setup a folder for keys that will be used?
ie /www/certs/%0.key
or does it automagicly pick the correct key for the ip/domain?

-- 
Eternity is a terrible thought.  I mean, where's it going to end?
		-- Tom Stoppard
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Mads Toftum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 17:01:45 +0100

> mod_ssl to have multiple virtual hosts by ip address
No, that is not possible.

vh

Mads Toftum
-- 
`Darn it, who spiked my coffee with water?!' - lwall