Subject: openssl0.9.6e ok with mod_ssl 2.8.10?

From: Rainer Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 11:40:42 +0200

Hi,

will there be a new version of mod_ssl for the security fixed openssl 
0.9.6e and openssl-engine 0.9.6e or is it safe to use mod_ssl 2.8.10.

If there will be a new version: is there an expected release date/time?

Thanks for any answers!

Rainer Jung

kippdata informationstechnologie GmbH
Bornheimer Straße 33a
D-53111 Bonn
Germany

Tel.: +49/228/98549-0
Fax:  +49/228/98549-50
email: [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Lutz Jaenicke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:08:29 +0200

> 0.9.6e and openssl-engine 0.9.6e or is it safe to use mod_ssl 2.8.10.

It should be safe to use mod_ssl 2.8.10. The API of openssl did not change
when upgrading from 0.9.6d to 0.9.6e, so no update for mod_ssl is
required.

Best regards,
	Lutz
-- 
Lutz Jaenicke                             [email-masked]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/
BTU Cottbus, Allgemeine Elektrotechnik
Universitaetsplatz 3-4, D-03044 Cottbus
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "R. DuFresne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 08:14:13 -0400 (EDT)

If I read the advisories correctly, the problem was related to opsnssl
code.  so, recompiling apache/mod-ssl with the new or patched openssl
sources should fix that issue.  the other question though is, since there
were additional advisories related to mm, and apache 1.3.X/mod-ssl
requires mm for proper compilation and functioning, if there is a new mm
package or patch available.

Thanks,

Ron dufresne

-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        admin & senior security consultant:  sysinfo.com
                        http://sysinfo.com

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
                -- Johnny Hart

testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!