Subject: RE: Macs not able to access 128bit Security sites?

From: Robert Lagana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:33:45 -0400

Ben,

Can you try this site https://www.xe.com

Thanks,
Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Ricker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 9:25 AM
To: Modssl List
Subject: Re: Macs not able to access 128bit Security sites?

The cipher is located within the browsers which is different then the
way Microsoft puts it in the system (hence the patch to upgrade the
cipher).

Anyway, I use IE 5.1 for Mac on OS9 and have no problem with 128-bit
sites. Are you using OSX?

Ben Ricker
Web Security System Administrator
Wellinx.com

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 01:48, Vince Montuoro wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Just wondered if anyone encountered issues with Macs not able to access
128 bit encrypted sites?  
> 
> (The Particular Mac in question is a Powerbook G3  )
> 
> I have also encountered problems with IE5 and IE6 where by the only way I
could get access to the site was by upgrading the security patches on the IE
version. Mac on the other hand has 128 bit encryption standard.
> 
> PLEASE HELP
> 
> Vince
> [email-masked]
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: "Robert J. Pope" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 11:34:30 -0400

Rob,

I thought I'd try it too. With MSIE 5.2.1(4717) On MacOS X (Jaguar), I
was successfully able to access the site and connected with via an
RC4-128 cipher. I also see you're using an Entrust cert as apposed to
Verisign... Interesting.

- Robert