Subject: Creating .pem files

From: Jack Lauman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 10:40:09 -0700

I have a certificate from Thawte and need to make .pem files to
enable SSL on sendmail and IMAP.  Can I create these files from
the existing .crt and .key files?  If so, how?
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jack
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Balázs Nagy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 12:02:47 -0600

cat cert.key cert.crt > cert.pem
replace cert with the actual name of your cert

---

From: Jack Lauman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:30:21 -0700

I more quick question.  I need to set up a secure mailer (encrypted)
to send messages containing online order information.  What's the best
(safest) way to do this?

Will each remote user need a public key (chances are at least the buyer
won't have one)?

Regards,

Jack

---

From: Balázs Nagy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:48:08 -0600

-- 
Cheers,
	Balázs

thenewpush, LLC / 303-523-5729 / 720-283-2873

---

From: Balázs Nagy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:23:38 -0600

> Will each remote user need a public key (chances are at least the buyer

I use QMail/vmail-mgr/Courier-IMAP to provide a secure mail toaster
to our clients.

We can only provide passwd authentication (TLS before SMTP auth) for
Outlook users, because Outlook is unable to present a mail cert to
mail servers.

If you only have Netscape users, you can also use client certs.