Subject: Problem building Apache 1.3.22 + mod_ssl 2.8.5

From: "Toomas Aas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:24:57 +0200

Hello!

I have a site which is currently running Apache 1.3.20 + PHP 4.0.6 
+ mod_ssl 2.8.4 on FreeBSD 4.3. Both mod_php4 and mod_ssl are 
statically built into Apache.

I'm trying to upgrade to Apache 1.3.22 + PHP 4.1.1 + mod_php 2.8.5 
but can't figure out a problem which seems to exist between Apache 
and mod_ssl.

I follow these steps:

# setenv EAPI_MM SYSTEM
# setenv SSL_BASE SYSTEM
# cd mod_ssl-2.8.5-1.3.22
# ./configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \ 
  --with-crt=/usr/local/etc/httpd/ssl.crt/server.crt \
  --with-key=/usr/l ocal/etc/httpd/ssl.key/server .key 
# cd ../apache_1.3.22 
# ./configure --with-layout=GNU --enable-module=ssl 
# make

<some output snipped>

gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I../os/unix -I../include  
-funsigned-char -DMOD_SS L=208105 -DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../apaci` http_core.c
http_core.c: In function `set_accept_mutex': http_core.c:1140:
warning: return makes pointer from integer without a cast
http_core.c: In function `set_acceptfilter': http_core.c:2538:
`ap_acceptfilter' undeclared (first use in this function)
http_core.c:2538: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
http_core.c:2538: for each function it appears in.) 

*** Error code 1

Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22/src/main.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /mirror01/usr/src/local/apache_1.3.22.

------------ the unhappy end of compile ------------------------

This procedure worked on the same machine with Apache 1.3.20 + 
mod_ssl 2.8.4 but now for whatever reason it doesn't.

I can successfully build Apache alone or Apache with statically 
compiled mod_php4, but as soon as I try to add mod_ssl 2.8.5, the 
above error appears.

How can I fix this situation?
--
Toomas Aas | [email-masked] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Life would be easier if I had the source code.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]