Subject: Re[2]: HTTPS variable is missing

From: Alvaro Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:36:17 +0100

*** John Airey escribió/wrote (01/03/2004 13:01 -0000 ):
>>         <IfDefine HAVE_SSL>
>>                 SSLEngine on
[...]
>>         </IfDefine>

> I'd suggest that you lose the "IfDefine" lines.

Oh my... It was only that... After removing these lines the behaviour
turned into the expected one. I can't believe I've spent so many weeks
looking for the problem.......

Thanks a lot for your help. You've been really really helpful.

-- 
Álvaro González Vicario
Tele Computer, S.L.
Burgos (Spain) 

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Alvaro Gonzalez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:11:46 +0100

*** Merton Campbell Crockett escribió/wrote (01/03/2004 17:26 -0800 (PST)):
> The <IfDevine HAVE_SSL> is related to an apachectl option.  The following
> command starts Apache with SSL enabled.

> 	apachectl startssl

Actually, I've never paid too much attention to Apache startup since I
prefer to user the System V init scripts (/etc/init.d/httpd start and the
like) so I don't know whtere -DSSL is used. Facts are:

* mod_ssl is installed (RPM prebuilt package)
* SSL does work
* <IfDefine HAVE_SSL> is false

Maybe there are things man must not know ;-)

P.S. Am I the only one who doesn't receive list messages via e-amil and has
to read them through web interface?

-- 
Álvaro González Vicario
Tele Computer, S.L.
Burgos (Spain)