Subject: Startup problems

From: Jesse Sheidlower <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:57:16 -0400

I recently installed mod_ssl on my Apache configuration
(Apache 1.3.27 on FreeBSD 4.8); this went relatively
smoothly, with close followings of the docs. I generated
my own certificate and self-signed it.

I followed the FAQ entry about eliminating the pass-phrase
dialog at startup. However, when I startup my system, the
boot process hangs at the "Local package initialization" 
stage (which on FreeBSD runs the shell scripts in 
/usr/local/etc/rc.d) when it starts Apache. I can ctrl-C
out of it and everything else goes fine, and Apache will
have started properly with everything enabled, but if I 
don't ctrl-C it'll never move on.

I'm particularly concerned because I have a remotely
hosted server running the same setup, and if this
happens to it, I'd need someone to be there physically
at the console to hit ctrl-C.

Any thoughts about how to debug this would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]