Subject: IE not able to view the CA certificate

From: "Vince Montuoro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:29:31 +1000

I'm finding that some browsers that require a CA certificate (eg-MacIe and early 56bit Ie browsers) are able to access my secure site but constantly get nagged with insecure certificate.

I have included the CA certificate but it still gives me the invalid certificate message, 

<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
</ifmodule>

SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache dbm:/mindbridge/apache/logs/ssl_gcache_data
SSLSessionCacheTimeout 600

SSLProtocol -ALL +SSLv2 
SSLCipherSuite !EXP1024-RC4-SHA:!EXP1024-DES-CBC-SHA:ALL:!ADH:!EXP56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

SSLLog logs/SSL.log
SSLLogLevel warn

<virtualhost testsite.com:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile    conf/ssl/certs/my-server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/private/my-server.key
SSLCACertificateFile  conf/ssl/ssl.crt/ca.crt
</virtualhost>

Thanks for your help

Vince 
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]