Subject: Re: Win32 & Apache 1.3.27

From: "Justin Annear" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 20:59:50 +1000

Hi Chris,

Cheers for those binaries. It certainly was a pain free install and I am
now running 1.3.27 as planned/required.

Once again, thanks.

Justin

>>> [email-masked] 10/13/02 06:09 AM >>>
Justin Annear wrote:
> Hi All,
> 
> Im a little new to the Apache & Mod_ssl scene and as such have used
the
> 1.3.26 pre-compiled version on the modssl.org website.
> 
> I noticed recently that 1.3.27 (Apache) has been released and as such
am
> wanting to upgrade asap to this version.
> 
> Im running Apache on a Windows 2000 server, due to reasons beyond my
> control and as such am hoping that I can obtain either one of two
things
> 
> a) a pre-compiled version of apache 1.3.27 with modssl
> 
> or
> 
> b) instructions (clear and detailed due to my limited understanding of
> this topic) on how to upgrade apache and still keep my mod_ssl stuff
> intact. 
> I've upgraded my current mod_ssl to the latest versions etc.
> 
> I've looked into compiling a version myself as I dont believe this
will
> be provided by modssl.org with limited success.
> 
> Thanks in advance
> 
> Justin Annear
> Ballarat Secondary College
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
> User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
> Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]
> 

Justin,

I built these binaries last week...

http://hunter.campbus.com/Apache_1.3.27-Mod_SSL_2.8.11-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip
http://hunter.campbus.com/Openssl-0.9.6g-Win32.zip

http://hunter.campbus.com/Apache_2.0.43-OpenSSL_0.9.6g-Win32.zip

If you have any problems contact me on the list, as
<[email-masked]> or at my personal account: [email-masked]

There are other sources, some more comprhensive than mine.

Victor's installer has just about anything you could want ...
Apache, OpenSSL, TomCat, Ant, PHP, MySQL, etc

[email-masked]

Server Installer
ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/IKIRUX_WSP_Pro1Beta3_ENG.exe

Installation Guide:
ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/Ikirux Server 
Installation Guide.pdf

Release Notes:

ftp://route.unitec.edu.ve/VictorMedina/IkiruxProyect/Ikirux Server 
Release Notes.pdf

Another nice package is...

OpenSA web server :: Next Generation Web Serving
http://www.opensa.org/

If you really want to roll your own I have some instructions that I put 
together ... very messy but easy to follow.  Ask and I will send it to 
you I am not going to torture the list with it again.

OR let me know how you are making out...

Chris.

Legal Notice
------------

These software packages are provided free of charge. It uses strong 
cryptography that is regulated by export/import/use restrictions in some

parts of the world.

PLEASE NOTE THAT EXPORT/IMPORT/USE OF STRONG CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE, 
PROVIDING CRYPTOGRAPHY HOOKS OR EVEN JUST COMMUNICATING TECHNICAL 
DETAILS ABOUT CRYPTOGRAPHY SOFTWARE IS ILLEGAL IN SOME PARTS OF THE 
WORLD. SO, WHEN YOU IMPORT THIS PACKAGE TO YOUR COUNTRY, RE-DISTRIBUTE 
IT FROM THERE OR EVEN JUST EMAIL TECHNICAL SUGGESTIONS OR SOURCE PATCHES

TO THE AUTHOR OR OTHER PEOPLE YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO PAY CLOSE 
ATTENTION TO ANY EXPORT/IMPORT/USE LAWS WHICH APPLY TO YOU. WE NOR THE 
AUTHORS OF THE REPRESENTED SOFTWARE PACKAGES ARE OR WILL BE HELD LIABLE 
FOR ANY VIOLATIONS YOU MAKE. BE CAREFUL, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]