Subject: [BugDB] more helpful message when failing to get mutex (PR#679)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:20:46 +0000

I am not in the office for the week 18-22 March 2002

If it's an Online Learning Support Unit / Web/ MUBSWEB/ MUBS Online matter
that requires urgent attention then  please contact either Kirsteen1 or Sanjay1
who should be able to help.

Otherwise I will contact you as soon as possible on my return.

If you are student on MKT3035 GIS for Business
- I will contact you asap or if urgent please contact the module tutor

All the best 
Alex
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:00:14 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002, [email-masked] wrote:

> Full_Name: Fred Romelfanger
> Version: 2.8.7
> OS: Solaris 
> Submission from: (NULL) (130.167.114.38)
> 
> During a stress test with modssl, I get the following error:
> 
> [21/Mar/2002 13:37:55 14476] [warn]  Failed to acquire global mutex lock
> 
> Looking at the code, it would be nice to get the unix errno or error
> message assocated with the failed call to semop().  I added a perror
> call and the error it actually failed with was ENOSPC which indicates
> that I don't have the system configured with enough semaphore "undo"
> structures for the number of apache servers that I had running.

I agree that the error is less specific. But the problem is that the
error is a general message produced by the mutex abstraction layer
while the errno is only available in the underlying semop based mutex
implementation. 
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [email-masked]
                                       www.engelschall.com
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]