Subject: Apache MOD_SSL over NAT not working

From: "Jim Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:08:04 +0000

We have an apache server with mod_ssl.

The SSL connection works fine within out network(intranet).

But from outside(internet), users reach the apache server through NAT. They 
are able to see the http page but are not able to see https page.

The apache server's ip address is not visible to outside users since the NAT 
does the network address translation. The external users use an external ip 
address which is redirected to apache ip address by NAT.

The following Virtual Host directive is used in the apache httpd.conf

SSLMutex sem
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLSessionCache none

<VirtualHost apache.server.ip.address:443>
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/apache-server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/apache-server.key
</VirtualHost>

Any help would be highly appreciated

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com

______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]