Subject: [Fwd: mod_ssl compile problems]

From: Trevor Morrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:49:23 -0600

Subject: mod_ssl compile problems
From: Trevor Morrison <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:15:32 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to compile in mod_ssl 2.8.15 into the apache1.3.28 source 
and using openssl-1.9.7a-2 installed from an RH RPM and I am getting the 
following error:

ranlib libstandard.a
<=== src/modules/standard
===> src/modules/ssl
gcc -c -I../.. -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE 
-I../../os/unix -I../../include   -DLINUX=22 -DMOD_SSL=208115 -DMOD_PERL 
-DUSE_PERL_SSI -D_REENTRANT  -DTHREADS_HAVE_PIDS -DDEBUGGING 
-fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE 
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm -DUSE_HSREGEX
-DEAPI -DEAPI_MM -DNO_DL_NEEDED `../../apaci` -DSSL_USE_SDBM 
-DSSL_ENGINE -DMOD_SSL_VERSION=\"2.8.15\" mod_ssl.c
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from mod_ssl.h:116,
                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
                 from mod_ssl.h:116,
                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:132: parse error before "krb5_enctype"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:134: parse error before "FAR"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:135: parse error before '}' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:147: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setstring"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:147: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:148: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:149: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:149: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:150: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:151: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setprinc"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:151: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:153: parse error before "kssl_cget_tkt"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:153: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:155: parse error before "kssl_sget_tkt"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:155: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:157: parse error before "kssl_ctx_setkey"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:157: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:159: parse error before "context"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: parse error before "kssl_build_principal_2"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:160: parse error before "context"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: parse error before "kssl_validate_times"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:163: parse error before "atime"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:165: parse error before "kssl_check_authent"
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:165: parse error before '*' token
/usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:167: parse error before "enctype"
In file included from mod_ssl.h:116,
                 from mod_ssl.c:65:
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:909: parse error before "KSSL_CTX"
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:931: parse error before '}' token
make[4]: *** [mod_ssl.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/apache_1.3.28/src'
make[1]: *** [build-std] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/apache_1.3.28'
make: *** [build] Error 2

I am on a RH 9 box with a 2.4.20 compiled static kernle.

TIA

Trevor

---

From: Joe Orton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:27:21 +0100

> /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:132: parse error before "krb5_enctype"
...

You need to add "-I/usr/kerberos/include" to CFLAGS, use e.g.

CFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include"
./configure --etc etc

when building Apache.

Regards,

joe
______________________________________________________________________
Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl)                   www.modssl.org
User Support Mailing List                      [email-masked]
Automated List Manager                            [email-masked]

---

From: Trevor Morrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:34:31 -0600

Thanks Joe, worked like a charm!

Trevor

P.S. was that line somewhere in Apaches configuraton notes?  If so, I 
overlooked it.  Thanks again.

Trevor

---

From: "Dave Paris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:35:45 -0400

of course, this is assuming the kerberos libs have been installed. :-)
-dsp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Joe Orton
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 4:27 PM
To: Trevor Morrison
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Fwd: mod_ssl compile problems]

...

when building Apache.

Regards,

joe