Subject: Problem with IE under WIN NT if I call a DNS aliases of a website with HTTPS

From: [email-masked] (Markus)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 16:52:40 +0200

Hello,

I hope someone somewhere in the internet can help me. 

I have a website like xxx.yyy.com which should only reachable with https.
The common name of the Verisign Global ID certificate is xxx.yyy.com. 
Calling this website with https isn't a problem on all platforms. But if I call
this website with https and an alternative DNS alias like xxx.zzz.com or
xxx.yyy.de I get with Internet Explorer 5.0 and 5.5 only on Windows NT 
- on Windows 2000 it works - the error message "
Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer 
".

I don't know if this problem exists under Windows 95, 98, ME or Windows XP.
With Netscape Navigator this problem doesn't occur. 

I use an Apache Server 1.3.22 with Modssl on Windows 2000 Server.

Thank you for all suggestions, hints and so on.

Friendly regards,
Markus 
[email-masked]